PDA

View Full Version : Glock 49

ggp2jz
05-05-22, 07:10
LAV posted this up. Looks to be a 47 slide on a 19 frame.

https://i.imgur.com/RohTPof.jpg

ggammell
05-05-22, 07:18
Ok. And?

flenna
05-05-22, 07:34
I am still waiting on the undetectable, made in Germany Glock 7 that costs more than I make in a month.

05-05-22, 07:59
The whole reason a 17 shoots better than the 19 is because of the longer recoil spring.

Think carbine vs A5. That thing is the pistol equivalent of a 16” carbine gassed upper on a carbine sprung lower.

opngrnd
05-05-22, 09:16
You mean a 17 slide on a 19 frame?

ggp2jz
05-05-22, 09:27
You mean a 17 slide on a 19 frame?

No. I mean a 47 slide

05-05-22, 10:26
Lemme get this straight:
17: duty size 9mm
19: slightly smaller 9mm
45: 17 grip frame, 19 length slide
47: 17 grip frame, 17 length slide (WTF)
49: 19 grip frame, 17 length slide?

ggammell
05-05-22, 10:33
Lemme get this straight:

Slightly off. 47 is a 45 frame with modified 17 slide. The contract spec from CBP was completely the same internal parts between the full size and compact. So Glock took the 34 slide design trick and put it on a 17 slide on a 45 frame.

Tanner
05-05-22, 10:33
A g19 grip, g17 slide. So, now one can use 15, 17, 24, and 33 rd mags on a long slide pistol… cool !

05-05-22, 10:50
The contract spec from CBP was completely the same internal parts between the full size and compact. You’re right, it at first sounds pants-on-head, but it smooths logistics, and gives them 4 configurations in two guns.

I’m likely to buy a G49 to shoot in SSP.

I’m hoping the G50MOS is a 31 slide on a 32 frame, with a factory threaded barrel for a KKM comp to have some lulz in Open with. Oh well, I’ll settle for RL1100s coming back in stock instead.

I wish they’d bring back the 19c, in MOS.

opngrnd
05-05-22, 12:55
No. I mean a 47 slide

My mistake. I'm behind the times.

ggp2jz
05-05-22, 14:54
All good dude

titsonritz
05-06-22, 00:44
Lemme get this straight:

Glock 47: The Glock 9mm You Can’t Buy Just Yet (https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/03/glock-47-the-glock-9mm-you-cant-buy-just-yet/)

05-06-22, 06:24
Glock 47: The Glock 9mm You Can’t Buy Just Yet (https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/03/glock-47-the-glock-9mm-you-cant-buy-just-yet/)

Thanks, I tried to read that yesterday, but the amount of ads made it difficult. Its basically a series of billboards with a few sentences interspersed. Breach Bang Clear had a good article, though.

Edit: 21 paragraphs, 17 ads + a popup.

mark5pt56
05-06-22, 06:39
This is what the 43 should have been. While I'm a Glock guy, Gaston needs to pull his head out of his ass.
https://shadowsystemscorp.com/cr920/

05-06-22, 06:46
This is what the 43 should have been. While I'm a Glock guy, Gaston needs to pull his head out of his ass.
That does look very appealing. 43 size, 10+1, grip looks right, optics ready. The window in the slide is dumb as **** on a carry gun, though. Where’d they get the mag from? Proprietary?

mark5pt56
05-06-22, 07:21
Not sure on the mag, will try to check. I agree, just make a plain Jane gun-it's in a holster or being shot. It is a metal magazine by the way.

05-06-22, 07:29
Not sure on the mag, will try to check. I agree, just make a plain Jane gun-it's in a holster or being shot. It is a metal magazine by the way.

I wonder if I can cram it in my 43.

ggp2jz
05-06-22, 23:23
I have a CR920. Size wise it’s between a 43 and 43X and has a 13+1 mag. The mags will not fit in a 43. The 43X mags will work in the CR but you have to use the SA mag release and they hang out the bottom. They have a Combat optics cut version which is what I have that doesn’t have a window in the slide.

05-07-22, 01:37
I have a CR920. Size wise it’s between a 43 and 43X and has a 13+1 mag. The mags will not fit in a 43. The 43X mags will work in the CR but you have to use the SA mag release and they hang out the bottom. They have a Combat optics cut version which is what I have that doesn’t have a window in the slide.
Thanks.

RHINOWSO
05-07-22, 12:48
I'm holding out for the Glock Fiddy.

Although they will play games and make it in something stupid like 22MAG or 9MM Mak.

Lol.

robbins290
05-07-22, 13:11
I'm holding out for the Glock Fiddy.

Although they will play games and make it in something stupid like 22MAG or 9MM Mak.

Lol.

I'm totally down with 9x18!!!! but rather have a 762x25 first.

Screwball
05-07-22, 13:16
I want a true 47 (marked as one), just because it was made for DHS/CBP. Even if they don’t offer the magazine bases… I got a source. [emoji41]

But the 49 is actually one of the guns I wanted to build. I’m issued the 19 Gen 5 MOS, so it would be nice to use spare magazines with it.

seb5
05-10-22, 20:52
Since we got off track I want a .22 that is Glock 48 size. It would excell when teaching new or young shooters

05-11-22, 12:19

I agree!

05-11-22, 12:21
It’ll be nice if one can buy just the G49 slide.

SteyrAUG
05-12-22, 01:55
I am still waiting on the undetectable, made in Germany Glock 7 that costs more than I make in a month.

Those are porcelain guns. ATF won't allow them in.

ETA: I just want a Glock 34 and then I'm done.

gunnut284
05-12-22, 17:08
The 49 looks like something IÂ’ve wanted for a long time, a 17 slide on a 19 frame. IÂ’ll probably buy one.

crosseyedshooter
05-13-22, 13:31
The 49 looks like something I’ve wanted for a long time, a 17 slide on a 19 frame. I’ll probably buy one.

I’m getting so confused by all of this; for the longest time, a full-size slide with compact grip was supposed to be the cat’s meow, but very few manufacturers did it. Then Glock comes out with the opposite, a compact slide with full-size grip in the 19x/45 and everyone went nuts over it. Now they’re doing the first configuration. So, which one is Perfection?

Screwball
05-13-22, 17:44
I’m getting so confused by all of this; for the longest time, a full-size slide with compact grip was supposed to be the cat’s meow, but very few manufacturers did it. Then Glock comes out with the opposite, a compact slide with full-size grip in the 19x/45 and everyone went nuts over it. Now they’re doing the first configuration. So, which one is Perfection?

Different roles…

L/E, 99 times out of 100, you want more rounds and a shorter barrel. More rounds is self explanatory, but the shorter barrel makes clearing the holster easier… especially in a vehicle or other tight space.

Concealed carry, you can get away with less ammo… but people tend to want accuracy. IWB, you can deal with a longer barrel, but the grip is what’s going to print.

Going with the shorter dust cover, and making options like the 45 and 49 is definitely something better for buyers. Is it as simple as SIG with a chassis? No, but it is as good as Glock can do within their design constraints/not wanting to redesign.

No chance in hell, but I’d like to see a 26 grip on this new rail design 19/45/47/49. 17 or 19 length… same model number with a letter suffix after.

SteyrAUG
05-13-22, 23:08

The 19. If you can't get it done with a 19, no combination of 17/19 or 19/17 is gonna save your bacon. This is so much four sizes of custom adjustable grip straps and panels and 8 position adjustable buttstocks.

SteyrAUG
05-13-22, 23:12
Different roles…

L/E, 99 times out of 100, you want more rounds and a shorter barrel. More rounds is self explanatory, but the shorter barrel makes clearing the holster easier… especially in a vehicle or other tight space.

Concealed carry, you can get away with less ammo… but people tend to want accuracy. IWB, you can deal with a longer barrel, but the grip is what’s going to print.

Going with the shorter dust cover, and making options like the 45 and 49 is definitely something better for buyers. Is it as simple as SIG with a chassis? No, but it is as good as Glock can do within their design constraints/not wanting to redesign.

No chance in hell, but I’d like to see a 26 grip on this new rail design 19/45/47/49. 17 or 19 length… same model number with a letter suffix after.

Really?

All those years of LEOs dying in a state of futility because they couldn't clear a G17 from their holster when drawing while exiting a vehicle. How many thousands had to die for want of a 19 upper on their 17 lower?

And CCW guys need LESS ammo? Because they typically work without backup, no comms and stuff like that? Nobody gives a shit about printing. I carry two spare mags on my left side, do you think I worry about printing?

Screwball
05-14-22, 03:22
Really?

Twist my post more while you are at it…

I never said L/E died from having a 17 slide instead of a 19. But from what I’ve seen, more want a compact sized pistol. And if you are going to say that the difference matters between 17 and 19 grip… again, it isn’t as noticeable in that role. L/E used revolvers for a larger part of the last century, does that mean technology doesn’t advance because something can work?

And I also didn’t say concealed carry meant someone didn’t need more rounds. I said that you could get away with less rounds… at the added benefit of a more concealable weapon. You are going to tell me guns like the Glock 43, Shield or P365 aren’t selling and haven’t been selling for years? Yea, I must be reading that market completely wrong, but thank you for your super informative post on how everyone feels about conceal carry. [emoji106]

Glad you don’t care about printing, being you obviously speak for the entire gun community as a whole. But I don’t see gun companies marketing larger guns (Glock 34) for conceal carry. Nor do I see people carrying 5+” guns more often than more compact weapons. If you want to argue that… do it with someone that actually cares.

mark5pt56
05-14-22, 05:53
Just have to pop in here to say that needing the shorter slide while in a vehicle for maneuverability and draw speed is not going to make a difference. Theoretically could it affect draw speed, yes but no way a deciding factor. Now concerning ride height(holster selection) a shorter slide will matter for the riders comfort as the body won't push the gun/belt up when in the sitting position.

And yes I carried for 30+ years while in a bumper car so I do know a little. Also, in my opinion--if you are needing to nitpick draw speed then you should pull your head clear because your situational awareness is severely lacking.

Draw and reload speed-let me go jack in a corner---:sarcastic:

flenna
05-14-22, 07:03
Really?

All those years of LEOs dying in a state of futility because they couldn't clear a G17 from their holster when drawing while exiting a vehicle. How many thousands had to die for want of a 19 upper on their 17 lower?

And CCW guys need LESS ammo? Because they typically work without backup, no comms and stuff like that? Nobody gives a shit about printing. I carry two spare mags on my left side, do you think I worry about printing?

QFT. I carried my issued big ass gen2 G21 for years in a cramped patrol car and survived in spite of it’s size. And, yes Glock is just trying to keep enthusiasts excited with all these minor changes that aren’t really anything ground breaking or exciting IMHO. But maybe it’s just me. Back when the single stack came out G48 or G45 or whatever as I’ve lost track my first impression was “well ok, but I like more bullets in a CC handgun as I am all by my lonesome” but to each his own. What made the G26/G27/G29/G30 groundbreaking at the time was that Glock developed the smallest package possible to carry the federally mandated 10 rounds yet you could still shove a pre-ban standard capacity magazine in it.

L-2
05-14-22, 14:40
I say with all the Glock variations available, especially with the 9mm caliber, to let the employee have more choice in the matter.
While in my career, I was happy to be able to switch to my personally-owned Glock 22 gen2 with one department, then being issued and mandated to use the G22gen3, then G17gen4, before retiring from a different local department; in retrospect, allowing the employees to choose would have been even better. Perhaps allowing the G34, G17, and G19 models (whichever gen at the time) would have been ideal.

It's my understanding, even though U.S. CBP chose the G47, G19, and G26, its employees have little/no choice as to what handgun is issued/mandated for use. (I do love the G19 models in my personal/retired life, btw.)

SteyrAUG
05-14-22, 18:16
Twist my post more while you are at it…

So for starters, those were all questions, hence the (?) at the end. They were questions because I was wanting to make sure that was what you were advocating. Hard to twist things when you are asking "are you sure this is what you mean?"

gunnerblue
05-14-22, 22:08
I say with all the Glock variations available, especially with the 9mm caliber, to let the employee have more choice in the matter.
While in my career, I was happy to be able to switch to my personally-owned Glock 22 gen2 with one department, then being issued and mandated to use the G22gen3, then G17gen4, before retiring from a different local department; in retrospect, allowing the employees to choose would have been even better. Perhaps allowing the G34, G17, and G19 models (whichever gen at the time) would have been ideal.

It's my understanding, even though U.S. CBP chose the G47, G19, and G26, its employees have little/no choice as to what handgun is issued/mandated for use. (I do love the G19 models in my personal/retired life, btw.)

Border Patrol Agents were given the choice between the 47 and the 19. OFO outside of their special teams only the 19. The 26 is available for a variety of agents/officers (FI's, Intel, plainclothes etc).

Alaskapopo
05-15-22, 00:10
The whole reason a 17 shoots better than the 19 is because of the longer recoil spring.

Think carbine vs A5. That thing is the pistol equivalent of a 16” carbine gassed upper on a carbine sprung lower.

Who said it shoots better. Many fans of the G45 would disagree with you. I own the 17, G45 and 19 and all shoot very well. Very hard to tell a difference

SteyrAUG
05-15-22, 02:58
Who said it shoots better. Many fans of the G45 would disagree with you. I own the 17, G45 and 19 and all shoot very well. Very hard to tell a difference

I found ONE Glock that will outperform my 17 and 19, it is the 34. I have shot my 17 against my 19 and the differences in performance are negligible and well within the confines of human error. If I feel like I want more ammo, I carry the 17, if I want to be a little more low profile I carry the 19. But honestly the 19 seems to best balance in my hand so more often than not I carry the 19.

mRad
05-15-22, 07:38
There are some sayings I’ve heard over the years:

The average civilian gunfight is three rounds at three yards in three seconds.

Nobody ever asks for less capacity or a smaller gun in a gunfight.

A subcompact on your hip is better than a full-size at home.

Statistically, you’re never going to get in a gunfight.

Play with your dick, not guns.

At the end of the day, obsessing over the perfect gun is futile. Trying to figure out what it is on an Internet forum, even more so. The more training you have, the less you care about what gun you’re using.

Most of the time I carry a mostly stock Gen 3 Glock 19 and one reload on my belt, and a handheld flashlight. I’ve used similar in force on force and never felt the gun is what held me back, it was always my skills.

We as enthusiasts turn the gun into a hobby more so than a tool. That is part of our problem obsessing over things that don’t matter. I’m not saying that we can’t improve technology over time, but the average shooter can’t max out the capability of the gear we already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RHINOWSO
05-15-22, 09:20
To Glock, any configuration that sells more Glocks!

I really like the G45 and G43X 'crossovers' for what they are - the longer grip giving better grip / leverage and a usable slide / barrel length.

I know some love the long slide and it's the 'easy' part to conceal, but anything past a G19 length slide is a pain when I sit down or do real life activities other that standing in front of the mirror.

The Boomer "But Mah Sight Radius" is OBE when you put a red dot on the pistol (if it wasn't completely already - an extra inch of iron sight radius at CCW ranges means nothing to me even without dots).

But normally the G19 / G43X is the perfect compromise of size, weight, shoot-ability, and capacity for me. I shoot the G45 faster / better than the G19, but I shoot the G19 better than the G43X and G43.

Back to the G49 - I think I'd prefer a G45 w/comp to a G49, but I'm happy Glock is producing new models people want.

05-15-22, 11:17
How well balanced it would feel in one’s hands is the question for me.

05-24-22, 06:56
Are the slides in the G45 and G49 interchangeable?
One could have a G45 and a G49 and by changing slides could make similar G19 and G17 setups, and have four different configurations.

RWH24
06-03-22, 06:48
Back to Shadow Systems, The MR920L

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/shadow-systems-mr920l-coming-out-of-the-shadows/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=LqccWsONrfk&feature=emb_logo

06-04-22, 21:10

Competent shooters who do standardized drills with shot timers.

Alaskapopo
06-04-22, 21:31
Competent shooters who do standardized drills with shot timers.
That’s me also an A class shooter. I have a GM friend who shoots with the AMU and he prefers the recoil on the 45. So again your opinion not everyone’s reality.

Texaspoff
06-07-22, 07:10
Love Glock pistol, but gesus they continue to move forward in slow motion.

TXPO

juliet9
06-09-22, 19:28

https://shieldarms.com/z9-combo-pack-1

OutofBatt3ry
06-09-22, 19:55
Love Glock pistol, but gesus they continue to move forward in slow motion.

TXPO

Glocks are like hammers...They do what they're suppose to do. How much more improvement do they have left in them? That could be said for most modern quality semi auto pistols.