PDA

View Full Version : RRA Entry Tactical question....

DBCooper
12-19-08, 10:24
My wife has a RRA Entry Tactical an wants a MAGPUL CTR-M stock. I'm at work and don't have access to her rifle and I don't off hand remember the DIA of the Buffer tube.

Can some one help and advise so i can order one for Christmas for her.

thanks

DBCooper

mmike87
12-19-08, 10:26
My wife has a RRA Entry Tactical an wants a MAGPUL CTR-M stock. I'm at work and don't have access to her rifle and I don't off hand remember the DIA of the Buffer tube.

Can some one help and advise so i can order one for Christmas for her.

thanks

DBCooper

I believe all RRA rifles come with commercial buffer tubes. Thus, you'd want the commercial Magpul stock.

If you really want to upgrade, swap out the commercial tube for a good milspec tube and go with the Milspec stock.

DBCooper
12-19-08, 10:31
THANKS for the fast reply!!!!!!!

My thought too! I kinda thought it was a COM not MIL tube.... but i figured I'd ask!

What the hell....... it's her money anyway!!! ;)

DBCooper

RWK
12-19-08, 10:56
I believe all RRA rifles come with commercial buffer tubes. Thus, you'd want the commercial Magpul stock.

I'll vouch for that. RRA receiver extensions are not mil-spec. You'll need the CTR stock for non-mil-spec, i.e., commercial extensions. G&R sometimes has "open box" items for sale and you may be able to pick up a stock for a great price.

If you really want to upgrade, swap out the commercial tube for a good milspec tube and go with the Milspec stock.

I'll have to say negative to this, though. There's nothing to gain by swapping the receiver extension.

By the way, DB - where did you hide the money? ;)

DBCooper
12-19-08, 11:20
HAHAHAAA

Off-shore commercial and cayman island investments! Where do you think?

:( I wish!

DBCooper

Iraqgunz
12-19-08, 12:36
Having examined MILSPEC tubes and commercial tubes I can see and feel the difference in them. I believe that it has been discussed here previously and there are others who are in the same opinion as well. There was also an explanation as to how they are made and the differences.

I'll vouch for that. RRA receiver extensions are not mil-spec. You'll need the CTR stock for non-mil-spec, i.e., commercial extensions. G&R sometimes has "open box" items for sale and you may be able to pick up a stock for a great price.

I'll have to say negative to this, though. There's nothing to gain by swapping the receiver extension.

By the way, DB - where did you hide the money? ;)