PDA

View Full Version : “Merchant of Death” trade for basketball player.

1_click_off
05-14-22, 09:51
Have to say no on this deal. Russia is willing to trade their arms dealer we have locked up for the basketball player stuck in Russia on drug charges.

No deal for me. Not even close to even think about.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/russias-asking-price-for-brittney-griner-may-be-notorious-arms-trafficker-004449470.html

The_War_Wagon
05-14-22, 10:17
Plenty more lesbian b-ballers from whence this one came - no shortage in the college ranks, which means Slowjoe will fold faster than Superman on laundry day for the trade, because it'll give him a chance to sniff another unwilling chick's hair in the photo-op afterward!

ABNAK
05-14-22, 10:21
There is but one card that will be the "ace in the hole" in this entire equation.

SeriousStudent
05-14-22, 10:23
My thought would be "Um, no".

If you use your professional basketball career as a forum to talk smack about your own country, do not plead for that same country to rescue you.

Especially not when it involves a swap for Viktor Bout. His activities have resulted in the death of American citizens at the hands of terrorist organizations he sold weapons to.

Nyet, comrade.

WillBrink
05-14-22, 10:25
Plenty more woke 'Murica hating lesbian b-ballers from whence this one came - no shortage in the college ranks, which means Slowjoe will fold faster than Superman on laundry day for the trade, because it'll give him a chance to sniff another unwilling chick's hair in the photo-op afterward!

Fixed it for ya...

WillBrink
05-14-22, 10:27
My thought would be "Um, no".

If you use your professional basketball career as a forum to talk smack about your own country, do not plead for that same country to rescue you.

Especially not when it involves a swap for Viktor Bout. His activities have resulted in the death of American citizens at the hands of terrorist organizations he sold weapons to.

Nyet, comrade.

Maybe the dumb chit will have a tad greater appreciation for her country after that experience, but will not hold breath.

SeriousStudent
05-14-22, 10:42
Maybe the dumb chit will have a tad greater appreciation for her country after that experience, but will not hold breath.

Yeah, I think you and I both gave up holding our breath when we turned two years old. ;)

sgtrock82
05-14-22, 13:13
Pfftt, you know Joe will not only make the trade, he'll probably have Mr. Death merchant duct taped to a pallet of cash and loaded on the plane just to make sure the deal is as bad for us as possible.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

Stickman
05-14-22, 14:35
Oh wow, I missed her so much....

SteyrAUG
05-14-22, 18:00
I'd almost be inclined to hand over "merchant of death" guy if Russia PROMISED to never return drug using bball player.

TomMcC
05-14-22, 18:40
Who?....

The Dumb Gun Collector
05-14-22, 22:37
What did she say?

alx01
05-15-22, 01:40
I'd almost be inclined to hand over "merchant of death" guy if Russia PROMISED to never return drug using bball player.

Do you want to leave us without the NBA? Without a Gold Medal for bball in Olympics?

I always thought two come hand in hand. Plus, of course, multiple public paternity lawsuits from baby mamas.

I don't know the details, but I recall that Kim Kardashian did some successful prisoner swap negotiations with a few U.S. governors. Maybe we should ask her to negotiate this as well.

Disciple
12-08-22, 12:33
It's done.

markm
12-08-22, 12:40
Wonder if He/It will have any appreciation for America now. The anger reactions are overwhelming on my click bait feed. This freak is WILDLY unpopular.

gsd2053
12-08-22, 13:04
Wonder if He/It will have any appreciation for America now. The anger reactions are overwhelming on my click bait feed. This freak is WILDLY unpopular.

Was she not charged according to the countries laws she broke?

Only reaffirms support for the communist party. They will celebrate nation wide. As the world learns who to use as leverage to get what they want.

What happens when Jihadists who hate them begin to tripple down on targeting them.

gaijin
12-08-22, 13:32
All the freak will learn is the he/she IS special, we OWE her/him and that ‘murican Communism is better than the Russian version.
I just hope JB and his puppet masters end up like Benito Mussolini.

utahjeepr
12-08-22, 14:33
Despite the fact that I don't really give a crap about her personally and can't stand her politics, I'm glad she is safely on her way home. That said this is still a bad deal. A really bad deal.

Bout sold weapons to dictators, terrorists and drug cartels. Who knows how much blood is on his hands. The US spent years and millions of dollars to bring him to justice.

Griner is a stupid, entitled, leftist basketball player who can't be bothered to check her luggage for contraband before traveling internationally. "Gee I'm headed to Russia at a rather difficult time (pre-invasion). They have a history of doing sketchy shit for political advantage. Maybe I should be a little careful? Nah. F it!"

I have no idea if Bout will return to his past dealings. He's no doubt been replaced by Pootieboi. Either way he earned his cell, in spades. Any lives lost in the future because of his release are now 100% on Biden. Not that Joe or his handlers give a shit.

What we will never really know is how much Shitzhizpantz really ceded to Pootieboi. Scaled back support of Ukraine? Slow walking pending arms shipments? Reduced intel support? Who knows.

markm
12-08-22, 14:39
People reacted 1000 negative to 67 positive to this idiotic Biden deal on one article I just saw.

pinzgauer
12-08-22, 16:36
People reacted 1000 negative to 67 positive to this idiotic Biden deal on one article I just saw.And yet we can't seem to win elections against Biden and his spawn

Artos
12-08-22, 16:42
Not familiar with the site but floating around SM

https://dossier.substack.com/p/evidence-indicates-biden-admin-prioritized

Evidence indicates Biden Admin prioritized WNBA's Griner over Marine Paul Whelan, despite claiming otherwise

Screwball
12-08-22, 16:49
I’m speechless. But after what happened in Afghanistan, not really that surprised.

Hope she has some more in her bag when she arrives back and get a $500 fine for it…

titsonritz
12-08-22, 17:28
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

glocktogo
12-08-22, 18:51
And yet we can't seem to win elections against Biden and his spawn

That in and of itself is what we call a clue. When the game is rigged…

Sam
12-08-22, 21:15
Saw a short interview on ESPN with her/him/it. Does not sound anything like a woman. Voice as deep as Johhny Cash.

Waylander
12-08-22, 22:05
CNN contributor is just glad this “black female icon” isn’t being treated like garbage anymore.

You can’t make this crap up. I know, I know, a has-been trying to stay relevant.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2022/12/08/van-jones-on-griner-exchange-you-cant-allow-a-black-female-icon-to-be-treated-like-garbage-n2616924

SteyrAUG
12-09-22, 01:40
CNN contributor is just glad this “black female icon” isn’t being treated like garbage anymore.

You can’t make this crap up. I know, I know, a has-been trying to stay relevant.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2022/12/08/van-jones-on-griner-exchange-you-cant-allow-a-black-female-icon-to-be-treated-like-garbage-n2616924

Stand by for book deals, a feature film, endless tv appearances, magazine covers and whatever hero awards they are handing out to SJW types these days. They will probably invent a Courage Award since they can't give her a MoH. Possibly all culminating in a Nobel Peace Prize for some kind of nonsense.

Meanwhile Paul Whelan...still in Russia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/12/08/who-is-paul-whelan/

john armond
12-09-22, 05:47
Stand by for book deals, a feature film, endless tv appearances, magazine covers and whatever hero awards they are handing out to SJW types these days. They will probably invent a Courage Award since they can't give her a MoH. Possibly all culminating in a Nobel Peace Prize for some kind of nonsense.

She will get the Presidential Medal of Freedom for her cultural significance from Biden…AND the Hero of the Russian Federation from Putin.

While I want to be joking, I seriously wouldn’t be surprised by Biden giving her the MoF. As far as a Nobel, yup Steyr, I could see that too.

AndyLate
12-09-22, 06:21
Not familiar with the site but floating around SM

https://dossier.substack.com/p/evidence-indicates-biden-admin-prioritized

Evidence indicates Biden Admin prioritized WNBA's Griner over Marine Paul Whelan, despite claiming otherwise

The Paul Whelan story is crazy in and of itself. In my opinion calling someone who received a BCD for theft a Marine is an insult to millions of Marines who served our country honorably.

Andy

Artos
12-09-22, 10:16
Saw a short interview on ESPN with her/him/it. Does not sound anything like a woman. Voice as deep as Johhny Cash.

Does this thing look female??

https://mobile.twitter.com/rebelpuss/status/1601216781338935298

Sam
12-09-22, 10:57
Hell no.

Waylander
12-09-22, 11:39

I don’t know what’s the most sad.

a) The farce woke liberals use pretending to care about someone like Griner only for scoring political points.
b) The willing pawns like her/him used in situations like this.
c) The people that fall for a and b.
d) The race and LGBTQxxxx hustlers that use it to excite people in category c.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-09-22, 16:03
The Paul Whelan story is crazy in and of itself. In my opinion calling someone who received a BCD for theft a Marine is an insult to millions of Marines who served our country honorably.

Andy

I saw that too. It doesn’t seem to be mentioned much- and how did he get a job in corp security (BorgWarner?) with that kind of record?

Interesting in Twitter the left is all about how:
Trump got 5000 Taliban released but not Griner
Biden got another Marine released earlier this year(?). Don’t remember that.
That Taylor-Greene “Voted against” getting that earlier marine released. (She forced the house to have a roll call vote on everything because she was mad about something Biden/COVID related, and slowed things down. I have a hard time believing that she actually voted against getting the kid back).
Ted Cruz didn’t help the family at all of that earlier marine?

I firmly believe that the people on the left have NO idea how to ‘negotiate’ based on the statements that they are making about this trade.

If I had a loved one kidnapped by the Russians like this, it would be really hard not to play some of my own international politics and take some Russian oligharc or diplomat ‘prisoner’ for complicity in a terroristic regime.

DG23
12-09-22, 19:33

This times ten.

glocktogo
12-09-22, 20:12
I don’t know what’s the most sad.

a) The farce woke liberals use pretending to care about someone like Griner only for scoring political points.
b) The willing pawns like her/him used in situations like this.
c) The people that fall for a and b.
d) The race and LGBTQxxxx hustlers that use it to excite people in category c.

All I want for Christmas, is a sports reporter on video asking Griner “How do you feel about putting the Merchant of Death back in business, because you couldn’t be bothered to leave your hash pipe at home?”

I saw that too. It doesn’t seem to be mentioned much- and how did he get a job in corp security (BorgWarner?) with that kind of record?

Interesting in Twitter the left is all about how:
Trump got 5000 Taliban released but not Griner
Biden got another Marine released earlier this year(?). Don’t remember that.
That Taylor-Greene “Voted against” getting that earlier marine released. (She forced the house to have a roll call vote on everything because she was mad about something Biden/COVID related, and slowed things down. I have a hard time believing that she actually voted against getting the kid back).
Ted Cruz didn’t help the family at all of that earlier marine?

I firmly believe that the people on the left have NO idea how to ‘negotiate’ based on the statements that they are making about this trade.

If I had a loved one kidnapped by the Russians like this, it would be really hard not to play some of my own international politics and take some Russian oligharc or diplomat ‘prisoner’ for complicity in a terroristic regime.

The Whelan background is weird. I did a bit (not a lot) of research. He’s from Canada and holds citizenship in Canada, the US, UK and Ireland. He’s well travelled both professionally and personally. He was apparently LE at several US agencies, joined the Marine reserves in 1994, then IT manager for Kelly Services (temp agency which includes Kelly Government Services). He took leave from Kelly 2003-2008 to do his Marine thing full time?

While on deployment in Iraq, he was an E-6 “admin clerk” in the 3rd Marine Air Wing, when he was charged and convicted for attempted theft of $10k from the government (doesn’t specify cash or property), check kiting, using someone else’s SSN, dereliction of duty, false statement, etc. For that he was busted to E-4, given 60 days restriction and a Big Chicken Dinner. That seems light considering the charges IMO?

Here’s the weird part. AFTER he was given the BCD, he becomes “Senior Manager of Global Security Operations” for Kelly Services, then ultimately the “Director of Global Security and Investigations” for BorgWarner (which also has DoD contracts) when he was nabbed in Russia.

Does anyone else find it strange how a beat cop turned IT manager turned enlisted reservist “admin clerk”, became the head of security for two .gov connected global corporations AFTER getting a BCD? I tend to see why Russia might suspect him of being a spy! :secret:

Todd.K
12-09-22, 23:59
If I had a loved one kidnapped by the Russians like this...

What? She traveled to Russia not Portland, with drugs.

SteyrAUG
12-10-22, 00:53
What? She traveled to Russia not Portland, with drugs.

Can't believe it even needs to be said.

Waylander
12-10-22, 11:55
It appears the two could’ve actually shaken hands at the swap but in the video it was edited out. Now that’s some great optics!

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2022/12/09/something-wrong-with-video-of-griners-release-n2616957

flenna
12-10-22, 16:45
You guys are whacked. Everyone knows that one lgbtq+-/bbq person is worth at least 20 Russian terrorists.

12-10-22, 18:04
You guys are whacked. Everyone knows that one lgbtq+-/bbq person is worth at least 20 Russian terrorists.
I think they’re called LPVOs now.

Coal Dragger
12-10-22, 19:08
I am amused.

We traded a notorious arms dealer for a black lesbian social justice warrior to save her life or some shit.

Ironically said arms dealer is really really good at selling weapons in Africa that inevitably result in the deaths of more black people. So now old Viktor can back to what he does best: facilitating the mass murder of poor blacks, including women and children by selling weapons to the governments, rebels, and terrorists who victimize said women and children.

Good plan Joe.

WillBrink
12-11-22, 09:49
Good exchange on the topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puRa0lUt5Hc

ABNAK
12-11-22, 18:01
I am amused.

We traded a notorious arms dealer for a black lesbian social justice warrior to save her life or some shit.

Ironically said arms dealer is really really good at selling weapons in Africa that inevitably result in the deaths of more black people. So now old Viktor can back to what he does best: facilitating the mass murder of poor blacks, including women and children by selling weapons to the governments, rebels, and terrorists who victimize said women and children.

Good plan Joe.

Let's be less "nice": a racist, dyke, America-hating c**t. That should cover it.

Should've left that bitch to rot.

Sam
12-11-22, 19:10
That thing is not a dyke or a lesbian, it's a man or at least used to have man parts.

ABNAK
12-11-22, 19:15
That thing is not a dyke or a lesbian, it's a man or at least used to have man parts.

Really, or is that speculation? Serious question.

Inkslinger
12-11-22, 19:18
I am amused.

Good plan Joe.

I wonder how long it will be before “it’s” hypocrisy comes out and he/she begins to rail against the 2nd amendment and Americans “gun epidemic”?

The_War_Wagon
12-11-22, 19:28
Let's be less "nice": a racist, dyke, America-hating TRANNY - with BALL - handling skills.:rolleyes: That should cover it.

Should've left that bitch to rot.

FIFY!!!

titsonritz
12-12-22, 02:31
Good exchange on the topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puRa0lUt5Hc

Damn Reschenthaler, wear a mask much?

Sam
12-12-22, 06:50

Post #30.

I understand that pictures could be photoshopped or manipulated. There is no medical records showing that it was born as a man. If you want to call it a speculation, that's fine.

For me, if it sounds like a duck, quack like a duck ... well ..

That thing does not sound like a woman when it spoke. Yeah, I've heard of deep sounding women, but that thing is something else.

Doesn't walk with a male gait.

Disregard the topless basketball playing picture, but look at the mainstream pics, the arms and legs don't look like that those from a woman.

WillBrink
12-12-22, 09:45

When I have looked, it's denied she's trans. I'd think that one should be easy enough to confirm. Personally, I don't care. A trans US citizen, gay US citizen, etc, etc has the same Rights as any US citizen. I view all that background noise of no value.

What I care about is that there's other US citizens being held for the same charges, and this athlete was given priority due to being deemed more important by the progressive woke admin. Two, had they gotten all of the US Citizens out in exchange for the arms dealer, still hard to justify, but far better. Three, that she's openly hostile to the US is nail in the coffin that working so had to free her due to publicity generated by the left media, is about making the progressives happy and votes, vs doing what's right for US citizens arrested and in prison for minor BS and used a pawns. Finally, there's plenty of US citizens in prisons for the same BS "crimes" involving small amounts of drugs and such. Maybe focus on that Brandon!

It's the hypocrisy that grinds my gears. Rest is noise in the signal designed to deflect the real issues.

Sam
12-12-22, 09:54
I don't put a lot of value into deviants.

WillBrink
12-12-22, 10:03

If their "deviant" behavior is between consenting adults, it's none my business or concern. Don't interfere with my "life liberty and the pursuit of happiness" and I will not interfere with yours. I don't have to like you, I just have to tolerate you, and visa versa. When you demand I support you, you tell me what a terrible country you live in (far from perfect, still the greatest nation on earth by a margin...) and want my support while you don't support me, then we have a problem. All US citizens have equal Rights (capital R) and anything else is not the 'Murican way as written.

That's what Liberty means to me.

12-12-22, 10:19

I’m not at all happy about this scenario for various reasons, but that’s a slippery slope, isn’t it?

Averageman
12-12-22, 11:38
Race and sexuality aside;
At what point does an grown adult decide that smuggling drugs into one of our enemy Countries is a good idea?
Wasn't the whole Ukraine/Russia thing going full blown when she got caught smuggling hash oil in to Russia?
Didn't she consider that she might get caught?
Nope, she caught a case of Obamaitis. She suddenly thought she was too Gay and Black to be called on her bullshit.
Biden proved her right.

utahjeepr
12-12-22, 11:46
Well I seem to recall the Russians required her to submit to a medical exam to "verify gender" before placing her into the women's system. So there's that.

I ain't gonna argue against whether she deserves to be freed based on her gender, sexuality, or her degree of wokeness. In reality though this deal was prioritized by the administration specifically because of it. Replace her with say a conservative, cis male, hockey player in the exact same situation and the Biden administration / MSM would have given exactly 0.0 shits.

I'm not cool with the imbalance of the trade. I'm not cool with them prioritizing her BECAUSE of her alphabet soup/POC/appropriately woke status. I'm not cool with a lot of things. Including saying "let her rot" cause you don't like who she is or what her politics are.

I mean frankly Whelan has a bit of a bad smell from what little I know of him, doesn't mean I don't want him out if he is being unjustly held. Doesn't mean I'd support a wildly inequitable trade to get him out either.

glocktogo
12-12-22, 14:19
Well I seem to recall the Russians required her to submit to a medical exam to "verify gender" before placing her into the women's system. So there's that.

I ain't gonna argue against whether she deserves to be freed based on her gender, sexuality, or her degree of wokeness. In reality though this deal was prioritized by the administration specifically because of it. Replace her with say a conservative, cis male, hockey player in the exact same situation and the Biden administration / MSM would have given exactly 0.0 shits.

I'm not cool with the imbalance of the trade. I'm not cool with them prioritizing her BECAUSE of her alphabet soup/POC/appropriately woke status. I'm not cool with a lot of things. Including saying "let her rot" cause you don't like who she is or what her politics are.

I mean frankly Whelan has a bit of a bad smell from what little I know of him, doesn't mean I don't want him out if he is being unjustly held. Doesn't mean I'd support a wildly inequitable trade to get him out either.

Bout was definitely worth getting both of them, and any others we may not be aware of. He was a far larger fish than either of them, even if Whelan is a spook. The Biden Administration is simply terrible at negotiation and has been on pretty much everything they've touched. :(

ABNAK
12-12-22, 19:49

Let's not play the "who she is game", that is a red herring and a cop-out meant to distract from her racist and vehement anti-American views. That is why I said LET HER ROT. No apologies either: if you hate me because of the color of my skin and consistently bad-mouth your own country (which ain't even China or Russia for cripe's sake) then, yeah, you can f*****g rot.

Even if Whelan was a spook, at least he was somehow serving his country, not bad-mouthing it at every turn. Whelan > Griner in a heartbeat.

Sam
12-12-22, 20:32
We put values on different things.

Diamondback
12-12-22, 20:38
"...Like trading Mickey Mantle for a goddam bullpen catcher."
--Skunk Works chief Kelly Johnson, on the Rudolf Abel-Gary Powers swap