PDA

View Full Version : Which optic for Beretta 92X RDO?

Ron3
05-21-22, 15:20
Leaning towards the Holosun 507C because I have one on another gun and like it.

I'm not which optics fit better on the Beretta specifically.

But would the 507K fit better? (Narrower)

Or something else? Something enclosed?

I don't like just having a dot. Prefer a circle dot or Chevron or something else with some size / shape to it.

Ron3
05-23-22, 00:01
Going with the Holosun 507C X2 red with "target" circle / dot.

Already have one on another gun and like it.

Was tempted to try the ACSS but didn't go for it.

Will report how it mounts up when I have it.

everready73
05-23-22, 08:34
507c is a solid choice

I would take a look at the Holosun/PA Vulcan model as well. It has a new reticle that may be worth looking into with outer circle and ranging built in

https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-hs507c-v2-acss-pistol-red-dot-sight-acss-reticle

I have also been looking at the 509 wich has an enclosed emitter. They offer the regular on and vulcan version

https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-he509-rd-enclosed-solar-powered-red-dot-sight-w-507c-mounting-plate-acss-vulcan-reticle

lowprone
05-23-22, 18:33
None , that is a iron sight pistol like the 1911, period !

gsd2053
05-23-22, 21:25
None , that is a iron sight pistol like the 1911, period !
Your wrong old man! On both counts! ;)

Skeeter98
05-24-22, 00:50
I wish there was a mount to make it look better. Red dots are better than irons but on the beretta it ruins the look imo

gsd2053
05-24-22, 14:54
I wish there was a mount to make it look better. Red dots are better than irons but on the beretta it ruins the look imo

You mean like putting a blower on a school bus. Then yes. However if you ain't using it to take kids to school. I say go for it.

Ron3
05-24-22, 21:03
You mean like putting a blower on a school bus. Then yes. However if you ain't using it to take kids to school. I say go for it.

Ha! I like it!

mpom
05-25-22, 15:05
https://langdontactical.com/custom-gun-work-ltt-rdo-optic-cut-for-your-92-slide/

If you like the 92 and want it to wear a red dot sight, then talk to Langdon about options.
Best source of info if it relates to the 92.
You are welcome.
Mark

Ron3
05-25-22, 16:53
https://langdontactical.com/custom-gun-work-ltt-rdo-optic-cut-for-your-92-slide/

If you like the 92 and want it to wear a red dot sight, then talk to Langdon about options.
Best source of info if it relates to the 92.
You are welcome.
Mark

Will check that out, thanks.

I was aware of the Langdon slide mods but preffered to stick with Legacy 92 parts.

Pappabear
05-30-22, 17:57
I dug into the Langdon group and almost sent off my slide. Never pulled the trigger, but Holosun is a good choice.

PB

Ron3
05-30-22, 22:09
It's all mounted up. Modified my holster to work with it.

Loctite is set, ready to fire.

Pappabear
05-31-22, 10:43
Pics dawg?

Eurodriver
05-31-22, 18:06
I dug into the Langdon group and almost sent off my slide. Never pulled the trigger, but Holosun is a good choice.

PB

Do it man. Seriously.

I had Langdon take an M9A3 and fully go over it and add an RMR. My only regret is I should've gone with an SRO.

It's like a video game. Stupid accurate and easy.

05-31-22, 18:39

PB

LTT is like, THE, dudes to mess with your Beretta. If I ever retire and start shooting Berettas again, I’m sending 5 slides to LTT for optics.

Ron3
10-18-22, 20:01
After about 500 rds and lots of presentation and draws and dry fire I got pretty good with the 92X and 507c.

Then i put a Leopold Micro on my M&P 2.0 .45. It's so low it cowitnesses the factory sights. This is the way to go.

Going from the high Beretta optic to the same plane as irons S&W was annoying. I'll probably get another, smaller M&P and get another Leopold Micro for it.

The high optic of the Beretta also added bulk I didn't like and there were no backup sights. I removed the optic and will probably put it on my AP5.

I'll be focusing on getting more time with the M&P. Which means some time on the reloading bench.

The short story is, I don't recommend putting an optic on the Beretta RDO.

Although the 92X Centurion is an excellent gun & value.