PDA

View Full Version : Biden calls 9mm ‘high-caliber weapons,’ suggests banning them

tn1911
05-31-22, 07:16
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-9mm-guns-texas-uvalde-mass-shooting

President Biden on Monday took aim at 9mm handguns, appearing to suggest that the "high-caliber weapons" ought to be banned.

chamber143
05-31-22, 07:32
I don't care what Biden thinks. Its crazy how these people think that they can dictate what rights I have. Isn't that what slaves have done to them? He says that the 2nd amendment isn't absolute. What the hell does "shall not be infringed" mean? These people in charge are so dangerous.

Entryteam
05-31-22, 08:25
I don't care what Biden thinks. Its crazy how these people think that they can dictate what rights I have. Isn't that what slaves have done to them? He says that the 2nd amendment isn't absolute. What the hell does "shall not be infringed" mean? These people in charge are so dangerous.

I think it's far too dang long where WE consider THEM dangerous, and not the converse.

TomMcC
05-31-22, 08:29
What men give, men can take away. They operate under a utilitarian philosophy of rights and privileges. The greatest "good" for the greatest number of people. "Good" can mean whatever they want it to mean.

SomeOtherGuy
05-31-22, 08:45
Biden's gonna Biden.

The silver lining is that he is so outrageously dumb on so many things that the public in general, including registered party-line Democrats, are well aware of his uselessness and no one is going to give him the time of day.

For any purple-colored friends, might remind them "When a school shooter is killing kids, the cops with guns are outside tasering parents while doing nothing to stop the shooter."

No offense intended to GOOD cops. I can't estimate the number any more. Some good cop should have stuffed the cowardly Uvalde chief in a squad car with handcuffs, and then led the rest of them to enter the school.

markm
05-31-22, 08:52
Biden's gonna Biden.

Yeah. He's a joke.

robbins290
05-31-22, 09:45
i laughed soo hard when biden was comparing a 22 to a 9mm. The man is an idiot.

Entryteam
05-31-22, 10:02
i laughed soo hard when biden was comparing a 22 to a 9mm. The man is an idiot.

Never ceases to crack me up when dudes think "because i was born with a penis"... means they know EVERYTHING about guns. Biden is simply one of millions laboring under that delusion.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-31-22, 10:13
What about Biden's shotgun round? What does that do????

just a scout
05-31-22, 11:11
Can anyone explain to me what a high caliber round is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zebra20zebra20
05-31-22, 11:15
It must be Trumps fault Again

Diane Feinstein 60 years in gov
Chuck Schumer 45 years in gov
Mitch McConnell. 37 years in gov
Maxine waters 47 years in gov
Joe Biden 50 years in gov
Nancy Pelosi 33 years in gov
Donald Trump. 4 years in gov

Yet they Still blame Trump for problems they couldn’t fix in decades…….. has everyone figured it out?

TomMcC
05-31-22, 12:03

Yeah, its the opposite of a low caliber round. Its actually anything that pops into his feverish and evil mind at any given moment.

Renegade
05-31-22, 14:07

Anything over .40;
Anything less .30 is lo;
rest is medium.

Hank6046
05-31-22, 14:08

Anything above a .22 if you listen to our fine President...

lowprone
05-31-22, 14:39
Washington D.C. is a High Calibre Nursing Home !

Tanner
05-31-22, 14:53
So, now that 9mm ammo prices are a bit lower and somewhat stable, the incontinent incoherent imbecile in chief makes an absurd statement that will no doubt lead to hoarding and a rise in prices. What else is in the news? Oh yeah, beta o'rourke stating that AR-15 owners should not be allowed to keep their guns. Good luck with that one!

Entryteam
05-31-22, 15:02
So, now that 9mm ammo prices are a bit lower and somewhat stable, the incontinent incoherent imbecile in chief makes an absurd statement that will no doubt lead to hoarding and a rise in prices. What else is in the news? Oh yeah, beta o'rourke stating that AR-15 owners should not be allowed to keep their guns. Good luck with that one!

I never figured out how.. the people who do NOT have guns... plan to take the guns... from the people who DO have guns.

"yeah.. just make sure to SEND BETO to my house."

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-31-22, 15:10
I never figured out how.. the people who do NOT have guns... plan to take the guns... from the people who DO have guns.

No, they want to stay in the comfy staff car as they play Gestapo officer and have someone else goes breach, boom, bang-bang.

Tanner
05-31-22, 15:10

Perhaps not directly, but the .gov does have a record of every lawful gun owner and most likely the type(s) of firearm(s) they own courtesy of form 4473, CC sales records, forums visted, IP addresses, ranges visited, and online purchases. So, .gov can freeze assets, IRS imposed non compliance fines, and similar measures, that is how they will punish lawful gun owners; criminals, not so much, as they are most likely their voter base.

tn1911
05-31-22, 17:12
So, .gov can freeze assets, IRS imposed non compliance fines, and similar measures, that is how they will punish lawful gun owners; criminals, not so much, as they are most likely their voter base.

It will have come to violence long before that stuff starts happening.

Entryteam
05-31-22, 17:17
It will have come to violence long before that stuff starts happening.

yep. That's kinda what I meant. Hard to convince your "storm troopers" to take someone's guns while they're being hunted for sport.

ABNAK
05-31-22, 18:09

Oh "they" won't do shit, they'll send the henchmen. What they seem to forget is that both they and the henchmen have to live somewhere......this ain't Iraq where you're thousands of miles away from possible retribution (of course not advocating anything like that in the least).

You either are or were a cop.....I like your replies. Rock on, fight the good fight.

SteyrAUG
05-31-22, 18:16

High degree of quality control.

Entryteam
05-31-22, 19:03
Oh "they" won't do shit, they'll send the henchmen. What they seem to forget is that both they and the henchmen have to live somewhere......this ain't Iraq where you're thousands of miles away from possible retribution (of course not advocating anything like that in the least).

You either are or were a cop.....I like your replies. Rock on, fight the good fight.

I was, sir... for 2 decades. 10 of those years on SWAT. I left that job when they got too concerned with "numbers" and stopped caring about helping anyone.

And thank you, sir, I appreciate that.

yoni
05-31-22, 19:34
I carried a badge in 2 countries.

I believe we are nearing the place to heed the advice of Solzhenitsyn .

Ned Christiansen
05-31-22, 19:47
The mumblage about 9mm might just work for us.

The how many hundreds of thousands of new gun owners....? Probably 70% of them bought a 9mm. Now, what's this, somebody telepromtbabbling about outlawing 9mm? Those new gun owners, many Democrats it is said, will not be pleased.

tn1911
05-31-22, 20:28
The mumblage

somebody telepromtbabbling

Funk & Wagnalls needs to hire you! :D

SteyrAUG
05-31-22, 20:32

The how many hundreds of thousands of new gun owners....? Probably 70% of them bought a 9mm. Now, what's this, somebody telepromtbabbling about outlawing 9mm? Those new gun owners, many Democrats it is said, will not be pleased.

I wouldn't count on it. Most of then, especially the Democrats bought a box of 50 rounds of 9mm "just in case" and that same box of 50 rounds will remained unopened until they pass a "turn them in" law.

Not all gun owners are alike. If you think some on this forum or that forum are "only talk", I can guarantee you that we can expect even less from those "other" gun owners. Exceptions will exist, but in number too small to even factor.

I suspect that active gun owners, who are involved enough to participate in forums, shoot regularly or competitively or are armed by nature of their profession will break down 50/50 if it came time to defend their rights by FORCE. From people who simply "own a gun" I think we can expect far less.

The good news is, if the "gun roundup" happens in earnest, the result will be pretty catastrophic for those trying to implement it even if only 25% of gun owners decide to fight. Just comes down to how many "doubt it" people we have responding to the same "round up" event.

john armond
05-31-22, 20:39
Maybe he slipped up and alluded to what he…or his handlers…actually want, a pistol ban. This would take place after the semi-auto rifle ban of course.

SteyrAUG
05-31-22, 20:56
Perhaps not directly, but the .gov does have a record of every lawful gun owner and most likely the type(s) of firearm(s) they own courtesy of form 4473, CC sales records, forums visted, IP addresses, ranges visited, and online purchases. So, .gov can freeze assets, IRS imposed non compliance fines, and similar measures, that is how they will punish lawful gun owners; criminals, not so much, as they are most likely their voter base.

Not quite. I don't accept credit cards and haven't for about 15 years. So all anyone has on my customers is a record of a BG check where they either bought a "handgun", "long gun" or "other." The exception being NFA stuff of course where they know everything.

I think I have done about half a dozen firearm traces in my time as a FFL and about half of them went to another FFL so it is about three times that they requested a copy of a 4473 in my possession.

Thankfully ATF, and the .gov is not as unified as you believe.

The most likely way for the G to find out you are a gun owner is to have a state carry permit. But I don't think that is deterring very many from obtaining a state carry permit so I wouldn't worry much about the rest. I've known a few people who didn't obtain a carry permit and won't buy SBRs or suppressors because they want to stay off ATF radar, but that isn't the typical customer profile of mine.

Most of the people who get referred to me are looking for carry guns and NFA stuff specifically. Even those who start out wanting a 6920 and "maybe later" a suppressor, I make sure they understand the pros and cons of that setup vs. a SBR with a suppressor setup to the point that I put demo guns in their hands so they know exactly what I'm talking about.

NFA owners will be the wild card in anything. Either the .gov won't even care because "they are already regulated and have been since 1934" OR they will come for the NFA guys FIRST because those are the ones they know everything about.

Another thing most people don't think about, as much as we don't like commies posing as civil rights activists with groups like BLM and racist groups like NFAC, all of them rolled out black rifles in huge numbers and nobody tried to disarm them. From a purely objective second amendment standpoint, they are part of the vanguard. They give the people who want to "disarm everyone" pause.

Not saying we have common cause with any of them, but they are proving somewhat useful. So long as we aren't foolish enough to face off with groups like that in unnecessary and non productive ways, they are another huge "disarmament" problem for the gun grabbers. Taken with things like the Rittenhouse verdict (and we all believed that kid was gonna get railroaded), I think our defensive posture is stronger than you perhaps imagine.

Swstock
05-31-22, 21:05
Its even worse that his voters believe it.

ubet
05-31-22, 21:31

This was my thought too.
But they don’t care about elections, because they control them.
After what they let burn in 2020 and how people armed themselves and the rioting they saw, that converted a lot of fence sitters to pro2a.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

titsonritz
05-31-22, 23:09
Yep, Brandon is both an liar and idiot with a long history of being liar and idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafkVM-jnbE

TomMcC
05-31-22, 23:54
Yep, Brandon is both an liar and idiot with a long history of being liar and idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafkVM-jnbE

Boy has Biden deteriorated since that video (not his ideas, they were hot garbage then, and still are), he could speak fairly well back then and string some ideas (all garbage) together. Old age does take it's toll.

NYH1
05-31-22, 23:59
He didn't say 22 as in 22 LR, he 22 caliber, that includes 22 caliber centerfire cartridges.

If by 9mm he meant the 350 Legend, 35 Rem., 356 and 358 Win., 9x57 Mauser, 35 Whelen and 35 Rem. Mag., he's right....that's not at all what he meant though.

NYH1.

tomme boy
06-01-22, 03:15
A bunch of bills were filled today. They are pretty much meant for you to be distracted by as the traitor republicans are working on something with the dems that they are going to do.

robbins290
06-01-22, 05:29
A bunch of bills were filled today. They are pretty much meant for you to be distracted by as the traitor republicans are working on something with the dems that they are going to do.

do you have any links? I am curious of what comes out from this mess. seems like shootings, gun control and such have been on the news for about 2 weeks. None stop. kind of making me nervous something will pass.

The_War_Wagon
06-01-22, 08:12

Anything that was abandoned to the Taliban!!!

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-01-22, 11:31
Not quite. I don't accept credit cards and haven't for about 15 years. So all anyone has on my customers is a record of a BG check where they either bought a "handgun", "long gun" or "other." The exception being NFA stuff of course where they know everything.

I think I have done about half a dozen firearm traces in my time as a FFL and about half of them went to another FFL so it is about three times that they requested a copy of a 4473 in my possession.

Thankfully ATF, and the .gov is not as unified as you believe.

The most likely way for the G to find out you are a gun owner is to have a state carry permit. But I don't think that is deterring very many from obtaining a state carry permit so I wouldn't worry much about the rest. I've known a few people who didn't obtain a carry permit and won't buy SBRs or suppressors because they want to stay off ATF radar, but that isn't the typical customer profile of mine.

Most of the people who get referred to me are looking for carry guns and NFA stuff specifically. Even those who start out wanting a 6920 and "maybe later" a suppressor, I make sure they understand the pros and cons of that setup vs. a SBR with a suppressor setup to the point that I put demo guns in their hands so they know exactly what I'm talking about.

NFA owners will be the wild card in anything. Either the .gov won't even care because "they are already regulated and have been since 1934" OR they will come for the NFA guys FIRST because those are the ones they know everything about.

Another thing most people don't think about, as much as we don't like commies posing as civil rights activists with groups like BLM and racist groups like NFAC, all of them rolled out black rifles in huge numbers and nobody tried to disarm them. From a purely objective second amendment standpoint, they are part of the vanguard. They give the people who want to "disarm everyone" pause.

Not saying we have common cause with any of them, but they are proving somewhat useful. So long as we aren't foolish enough to face off with groups like that in unnecessary and non productive ways, they are another huge "disarmament" problem for the gun grabbers. Taken with things like the Rittenhouse verdict (and we all believed that kid was gonna get railroaded), I think our defensive posture is stronger than you perhaps imagine.

The ultra-left literal communist on Denver City Council voted against making CCW illegal in parks and city owned buildings. Not that many of her voters could get a CCW, but the change in the law would lead to more Young Black Men being frisked and having potential deadly interactions with the cops. The bitch is an absolute nut bag on almost anything, but like a broke clock, she was right this time. It still passed, but she wasn't the only one to vote against it- and that is here in Dumb as **** Denver.

On the magazines- is that a national buyback of everything over 10 rounds a mandatory or a volunteer thing like the stupid gun buybacks. Literally everyone with a handgun from the last 30 years would be affected if it is mandatory.

The NFA thing is interesting, since even most gun guys have simplified to the 'fact' that machine guns are 'illegal'.

I just wish SCOTUS would get off their ass and settle that ARs are among the holy of holies, with 30 rounders at it's right hand. If you make confiscation or outlawing off the table, that would take away the extreme left wing talking points and lower the temp of the conversation, and turn focus onto the the shooters, not the guns.

HKGuns
06-01-22, 13:04
LETS GO BRANDON

titsonritz
06-01-22, 13:50
LETS GO BRANDON

Let's Go McConnell.

chuckman
06-01-22, 13:52
The White House has walked back many of Biden's comments.

His damage control team could refloat the USS Arizona.

titsonritz
06-01-22, 13:55
The White House has walked back many of Biden's comments.

His damage control team could refloat the USS Arizona.

It makes Brandon happy.

"I am the president, I swear I am."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRGGgj6EdMM

ABNAK
06-01-22, 17:43
The ultra-left literal communist on Denver City Council voted against making CCW illegal in parks and city owned buildings. Not that many of her voters could get a CCW, but the change in the law would lead to more Young Black Men being frisked and having potential deadly interactions with the cops. The bitch is an absolute nut bag on almost anything, but like a broke clock, she was right this time. It still passed, but she wasn't the only one to vote against it- and that is here in Dumb as **** Denver.

On the magazines- is that a national buyback of everything over 10 rounds a mandatory or a volunteer thing like the stupid gun buybacks. Literally everyone with a handgun from the last 30 years would be affected if it is mandatory. F**K them don't care

The NFA thing is interesting, since even most gun guys have simplified to the 'fact' that machine guns are 'illegal'. F**K them, don't care

I just wish SCOTUS would get off their ass and settle that ARs are among the holy of holies, with 30 rounders at it's right hand. If you make confiscation or outlawing off the table, that would take away the extreme left wing talking points and lower the temp of the conversation, and turn focus onto the the shooters, not the guns. And once more, F**K them, don't care

I agree we should push back with all our might in the currently available methods. That said, if it all comes crashing down around us, then ulitmately F**K them, I don't care.

It's even showing up on vet-centric Facebook pages I belong to. Some of those douches (not many mind you) seem like little Spencer Rapones.

yoni
06-01-22, 19:28
If the enough Republicans join with the Marxist to take away any of our rights, then whats the point in voting for them?

ubet
06-01-22, 19:56

On the magazines- is that a national buyback of everything over 10 rounds a mandatory or a volunteer thing like the stupid gun buybacks. Literally everyone with a handgun from the last 30 years would be affected if it is mandatory.

The NFA thing is interesting, since even most gun guys have simplified to the 'fact' that machine guns are 'illegal'.

I just wish SCOTUS would get off their ass and settle that ARs are among the holy of holies, with 30 rounders at it's right hand. If you make confiscation or outlawing off the table, that would take away the extreme left wing talking points and lower the temp of the conversation, and turn focus onto the the shooters, not the guns.

Where are you seeing buy backs etc?

pag23
06-01-22, 20:08
I can see them raising the age to buy a semi auto rifle to 21 and expanded red flag laws and background checks....which in turn are problems in themselves...

titsonritz
06-01-22, 20:19

CA is giving gas cards out for guns. :lol:

SteyrAUG
06-01-22, 20:22
It's even showing up on vet-centric Facebook pages I belong to. Some of those douches (not many mind you) seem like little Spencer Rapones.

Some in every group. The fact that West Point got infiltrated is a pretty good indicator of the current state of things.

If the enough Republicans join with the Marxist to take away any of our rights, then whats the point in voting for them?

We've been moving in this direction for 20 years or so. The problem is "not voting for them" doesn't stop them. There is something that does stop them, but open forum and such.

SteyrAUG
06-01-22, 20:23
CA is giving gas cards out for guns. :lol:

Time to stock up on those used Lorcins. I swear I wish I ran a pawn shop. I'd never pay for gas or sneakers again.

Diamondback
06-01-22, 21:56
Time to stock up on those used Lorcins. I swear I wish I ran a pawn shop. I'd never pay for gas or sneakers again.

$25 at Home Depot buys a LOT of steel pipe and 2x4. Just sayin'...

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-01-22, 22:07

I just went back and looked at this thread, but it must have been another thread or on twitter where someone had a break out of the House law- maybe I saw it on a report on TV? BUt I thought that they had passed it, but it hasn't passed yet??? I may have been in a pulled-pork&apple-pie coma...

ubet
06-01-22, 22:26
I just went back and looked at this thread, but it must have been another thread or on twitter where someone had a break out of the House law- maybe I saw it on a report on TV? BUt I thought that they had passed it, but it hasn't passed yet??? I may have been in a pulled-pork&apple-pie coma...

I saw it in another thread here. It’s a shit show

SteyrAUG
06-01-22, 22:55
$25 at Home Depot buys a LOT of steel pipe and 2x4. Just sayin'...

Have you seen the price of 2x4s? Hell I'd trade some Lorcins for some decent 2x4s.

Diamondback
06-01-22, 23:03
Have you seen the price of 2x4s? Hell I'd trade some Lorcins for some decent 2x4s.

Ugh, don't remind me... I got a porch with a compromised roof I'm thinking about converting into an open deck and that's gonna mean lumber for new railings. Maybe plywood "stocks" for the Buyback Bubba Special...

Grand58742
06-02-22, 07:00

Yeah, good luck finding decent 2x4s these days...

https://i.imgflip.com/2lb5h0.jpg

SteyrAUG
06-02-22, 18:06
Yeah, good luck finding decent 2x4s these days...

https://i.imgflip.com/2lb5h0.jpg

There's that too. Looking through the pile of "construction grade" I'm glad my house was built back in '77. Thinking what new construction homes have been selling for last two years, I doubly feel sorry for those buyers. I was in a few unfinished basements and looking at the actual construction PLUS the z grade materials, those places are going to need major overhauls soon after purchase.

I'd say it would be cheaper to buy land and have your own built by competent people, but you wouldn't be able to use construction grade lumber.

Sam
06-02-22, 19:45
I'm paraphrasing poopy pants corn pop conquerer, contradicting himself:

No one is going to take your guns

Must ban assault weapon and high capacity magazines

Ghost guns are bad

If assault weapons are not banned, raise age limit to buy a rifle. 18 year old in military gets the best training from the best trainers to handle AR15 (responsibly I assume).

Gun owners must store their guns so others can't have access. (does he want Europe style gun storage? in safes at the gun ranges?)

Enough , Enough (in whispering tone)

He babbled some more ... then went back into the bowel of the white house. It was after all 7:40pm, it's dinner time.

Biggy
06-02-22, 20:12
18 to 21 yrs for long guns, maybe to probably. universal background checks whenever and wherever firearms are sold, maybe. Nationwide over 10rd mag ban, I don’t think so. Any ammo related BS laws, probably not. Remember the primaries are less than 5 months away. As much as these F-ing clowns hate guns, they love being in the position of control more. Many Democrat voters just like Republican voters love their guns and cheap gas. IMHO, Trump was right of just about everything all along.

SteyrAUG
06-02-22, 20:21
I'm paraphrasing poopy pants corn pop conquerer, contradicting himself:

No one is going to take your guns

Must ban assault weapon and high capacity magazines

Ghost guns are bad

If assault weapons are not banned, raise age limit to buy a rifle. 18 year old in military gets the best training from the best trainers to handle AR15 (responsibly I assume).

Gun owners must store their guns so others can't have access. (does he want Europe style gun storage? in safes at the gun ranges?)

Enough , Enough (in whispering tone)

He babbled some more ... then went back into the bowel of the white house. It was after all 7:40pm, it's dinner time.

He's just throwing shit at the wall to see if anything sticks. They will take anything they can get, they will take as much as they can get. They just want some kind of "legislative win" so they can put that on their list of "see what we did" actions.

ubet
06-02-22, 23:46
18 to 21 yrs for long guns, maybe to probably. universal background checks whenever and wherever firearms are sold, maybe. Nationwide over 10rd mag ban, I don’t think so. Any ammo related BS laws, probably not. Remember the primaries are less than 5 months away. As much as these F-ing clowns hate guns, they love being in the position of control more. Many Democrat voters just like Republican voters love their guns and cheap gas. IMHO, Trump was right of just about everything all along.

They stole a presidency. They aren’t worried about districts. They’ve been doing that for decades.

titsonritz
06-03-22, 15:23
Colion Noir calls out Brandon's bullshit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcezRHThFzQ

Alaskapopo
06-03-22, 21:51
Biden's gonna Biden.

The silver lining is that he is so outrageously dumb on so many things that the public in general, including registered party-line Democrats, are well aware of his uselessness and no one is going to give him the time of day.

For any purple-colored friends, might remind them "When a school shooter is killing kids, the cops with guns are outside tasering parents while doing nothing to stop the shooter."

No offense intended to GOOD cops. I can't estimate the number any more. Some good cop should have stuffed the cowardly Uvalde chief in a squad car with handcuffs, and then led the rest of them to enter the school.

The police department screwed up and did not follow the last 20 years of active shooter training which is simply flow to the threat and engage. You don't wait for SWAT. Very sad.

06-04-22, 06:20
The police department screwed up and did not follow the last 20 years of active shooter training which is simply flow to the threat and engage. You don't wait for SWAT. Very sad.

Yeah, this.

Its ****ing ridiculous. They failed to meet the post-Columbine national standard. The lot of them should have their balls in a vice. Cowards.