PDA

View Full Version : LWRC M6 - expected accuracy?

mbjku
06-01-22, 12:51
Hi, I am not really happy with the accuracy my new Lwrc spr, below is the best I could do and it is about 2 moa/100 yards with norma 62gr ammo. Should I try heavier rounds? I could do better with DI/Daniel for sure. Thanks!

dmd08
06-01-22, 12:54
Paging MarkM.....

Defaultmp3
06-01-22, 12:56
Different guns like different ammo. If you're talking about Norma SS109, I wouldn't be happy, but I wouldn't be concerned either, given that it's not match grade ammo.

inb4 our resident LWRC basher starts foaming at the mouth.

mbjku
06-01-22, 13:07
Yes it is 5.56 ss109, the only thing is that I shot with Eotech with 3x magnifier which is normally not ideal for the accuracy testing. But I am kinda upset :( for $2400 AR it is not what I should be getting.

Defaultmp3
06-01-22, 13:12
Yes it is 5.56 ss109, the only thing is that I shot with Eotech with 3x magnifier which is normally not ideal for accuracy testing. But I kinda upset :( for $2400 AR it is not what I should be getting.I mean, it's SS109. 2 MOA is nothing to cry about; if anything, it's perfectly normal for SS109/M855. If you haven't tried match ammo, then I dunno what you're bitching about. Get back to use once you've tried a few different match ammos; accuracy testing with SS109/M855 isn't exactly what I'd consider productive.

mbjku
06-01-22, 13:15
I am not, just interesting on what people are getting with the same lwrc, also will try another ammo with the scope instead of Eotech next time. That is best out of 200 rounds I shot, any other plates are worse.

06-01-22, 13:19
Yes it is 5.56 ss109, the only thing is that I shot with Eotech with 3x magnifier which is normally not ideal for the accuracy testing. But I am kinda upset :( for $2400 AR it is not what I should be getting.

That ammo sucks, no matter what you shoot it out of. 2 minutes isn’t bad for it. Its not the gun’s fault.

I would suggest you try high quality ammo loaded with 69gr SMKs next, such as Gold Medal Match or something from Black Hills. Most guns that are capable of shooting well will shoot that stuff well. Some guns may have other preferences, of course.

mbjku
06-01-22, 13:28
I am suspecting that this norma is not that perfect in general, I notice that even their 9mm ammo is not that great. I never shot 5.56 norma before, strange because it is considered as a good ammo company.

grizzman
06-01-22, 13:52
That Norma is FAR from perfect...not even match ammo. Expecting better than 2 MOA with it isn't reasonable.

Try some 69 and 77 grain FGGM, Black Hills Match, or Hornady BTHP Match I think Norma makes 223 or 5.56 match ammo. I know they do in 6.5 Creedmoor and 308.

Defaultmp3
06-01-22, 14:11
I am suspecting that this norma is not that perfect in general, I notice that even their 9mm ammo is not that great. I never shot 5.56 norma before, strange because it is considered as a good ammo company.Norma is a good ammo company. But you bought SS109. SS109 is simply not designed for accuracy, so I don't know what you expected. It would be like buying a 4runner and expecting 30 MPG because Toyota is considered a quality manufacturer and has a tendency to turn out cars with excellent gas mileage.

The pics are dead, but Molon did some testing back in the day of IMI M855. Colt 20" with 1/7 twist had a group size of 1.17" with his 55 gr BlitzKings handloads, and averaged 2.38" with the M855. Colt 16" with 1/9 twist had a group size of 0.89" with his 55 gr BlitzKings handloads, and averaged 2.29" with the M855. Source: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?168388-An-Accuracy-Comparison-of-M855-When-Fired-From-1-9%94-Twist-and-1-7%94-Twist-Barrels

markm
06-01-22, 15:45
Paging MarkM.....

I'm not saying a word. I don't want the OP to realize he's supporting a horrible, fraudulent and shady scumbag company that makes really, really bad guns.

mbjku
06-01-22, 15:51
I'm not saying a word. I don't want the OP to realize he's supporting a horrible, fraudulent and shady scumbag company that makes really, really bad guns.

I don't know whole history of LWRC but I know many much worse AR15 makers, I don't see issues with it besides looks like not Daniel quality barrels to me. Why? Because I do 1 moa with Daniel and 62gr federal 5.56. But I will try better ammo. I own many of them, this is my third LWRC, shorter piston pistol and DI which I sold all been good or excellent. Besides piston system is great, very compatible to HK.

gaijin
06-01-22, 15:58
Hi, I am not really happy with the accuracy my new Lwrc spr, below is the best I could do and it is about 2 moa/100 yards with norma 62gr ammo. Should I try heavier rounds? I could do better with DI/Daniel for sure. Thanks!

I’d sure try more than 1 factory load before I kicked that one to the curb.
77 gr OTM would make sense to try.

TMS951
06-01-22, 17:23
I have an M6 upper that has some of the worst tolerances of any AR I have.

I can tell for sure the upper receiver is far enough out of spec it should not have been used on such an expensive upper. But they did. You have to almost max out the windage on the rear site.

It also shaved brass and failed to feed 75gr bthp reliably.

Other issues were terrible carrier tilt and it absolutely tore through op rod springs.

It went back to lwrci and they said the ‘replaced the receiver because of a scratch’ there was never a scratch. That was never a complaint and the 100% did not change the upper receiver.

This was the worst AR product I ever wasted so much money on.

Op, if you shoot the same ammo out of another ar better, then it’s the gun. I obviously think LWRC will happily send garbage out the door. That might be what you got.

mbjku
06-01-22, 17:36
really we are not here to bash LWRC, as I said I know many much worse AR makers than this company. I could give you just couple like POF, Sig or PSA for example. reason of this thread is to compare shots results with other AR owners on some mill-spec 62gr ammo shots and 1/7 twist barrel.

Backfire
06-02-22, 15:06
It's a defensive rifle, not a bolt gun.
Buy 6 they will all shoot different.

Dutch110
06-06-22, 13:14
Had my LWRC DI gun at the range last week for the first time. ADI 55gr using SMK projectiles was MOA or less using a Credo 1-6 at 100 yards. Piston to DI, apples to oranges, I get it. Same gun with junk American Eagle 55 grain bullets was 2 inches at best. Funny, I put some Wolf through it too just to see and it was slightly better than the AE. None of this upset me because its a defensive rifle. Those are all A Zone hits at 100 yards. Ammo matters and some guns just like some rounds better than others. And the build quality on the example I have is great. YMMV.

SBRSarge
06-07-22, 12:17
I’m with the rest of those suggesting you try better ammo with a good scope.

Black Hills, Federal Gold Medal Match, Hornady Varmegeddon, IMI Razor have all grouped very well for me. Try some premium ammo, with a premium scope and see what happens.

mbjku
06-07-22, 14:19
I’m with the rest of those suggesting you try better ammo with a good scope.

Black Hills, Federal Gold Medal Match, Hornady Varmegeddon, IMI Razor have all grouped very well for me. Try some premium ammo, with a premium scope and see what happens.

Do you think usage of 2moa Eotec + 3x in general should not produce good results?

Dutch110
06-07-22, 14:26
Do you think usage of 2moa Eotec + 3x in general should not produce good results?

It won't produce as good a result as an LPVO with a better reticle and more magnification if what you are going for is small group sizes at 100 yards. If you are shooting steel or looking for minute of man (ie combat) capabilities it's perfectly fine and a very nice setup.

mbjku
06-26-22, 06:08

Yes, this is accuracy with 1-6x scope and the same LWRC carbine and ammo, really scope makes it. 100 yards, about 1moa.