PDA

View Full Version : "Protecting Our Kids Act," incoming

WillBrink
06-02-22, 10:35
Under not even waiting until those kids are put to rest as expected, with the name "Protecting Our Kids Act," so it's more difficult to not vote for, here it be:

"Democrats are pushing legislation that will dramatically change gun ownership in the United States. Rep. Jerry Nadler's (D-NY) "Protecting Our Kids Act," which the House Judiciary Committee will hear today, will make it much more difficult for people to defend themselves from crime.

Americans are right to be skeptical of Democrats' intentions. President Joe Biden talked on Monday about banning the vast majority of handguns, and a Gallup survey of Democrats last fall found that 40% of Democrats wanted to ban all civilian-owned handguns. It seems Democrats will only be satisfied when guns have been completely banned in the U.S.

If the Democrats have their way on this legislation, otherwise-law-abiding citizens will face up to 10 years in prison for temporarily lending a gun to someone else—even for good reason.

Here are some of the terrible provisions in this bill."

https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-are-trying-jam-terrible-gun-control-law-through-congress-opinion-1712283

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-02-22, 11:09
You have to hand it to them, they sure as crap can name things well…. This and “Don’t say gay” get people all wound, winded, whineded, —up…

Are spinning at a high speed and an injury both spelled ‘wound’?

gsd2053
06-02-22, 11:31
You have to hand it to them, they sure as crap can name things well…. This and “Don’t say gay” get people all wound, winded, whineded, —up…

Are spinning at a high speed and an injury both spelled ‘wound’?
What?! Your against protecting our Children?!

titsonritz
06-02-22, 11:59
What?! Your against protecting our Children?!

No, I'm not and choose an AR for the task of protecting my own children, feel free to make your choice but don't think your going make the call for me, I've already done it and then some.

ETA: Oh yeah, and fcvk you Nadler you lying POS penguin.

Artos
06-02-22, 12:36
Jordan calls them out...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jim_Jordan/status/1532413733292720129

This is the lunacy we are trying to find 'solutions' with...NY Rep Jones.

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1532390747844091904

gsd2053
06-02-22, 12:43
No, I'm not and choose an AR for the task of protecting my own children, feel free to make your choice but don't think your going make the call for me, I've already done it and then some.

ETA: Oh yeah, and fcvk you Nadler you lying POS penguin.

No one needs a gun for protection

https://youtu.be/qR3iYD4_9Sg

Jellybean
06-02-22, 14:18
I mean, as long as we can still buy a shotgun, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mztxHgYQo

Apparently he is going to make another primetime address on this, so stay tuned?

utahjeepr
06-02-22, 14:45
Gotsa protect them kids from their Constitutional rights.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single item in the BOR that the Democrats don't want to shred. It's all conditional for them, those"rights" are only for their privilege and those they support, those "rights" don't apply to you or me.

gsd2053
06-02-22, 15:02
It's like they are really saying. Buy all you can. Because we could be in another world war.

Also stock up on food. We think things are going to get ugly.

flenna
06-02-22, 15:07
Gotsa protect them kids from their Constitutional rights.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single item in the BOR that the Democrats don't want to shred. It's all conditional for them, those"rights" are only for their privilege and those they support, those "rights" don't apply to you or me.

I really wish that the next time Sleepy Joe or another ComDem spouts off the “No Constitutional Amendment is absolute” they are asked “So, you are saying that the 13th, 15th and 19th Amendments are not absolute? You are okay with reinstating slavery and preventing women and black Americans from voting?”.

The_War_Wagon
06-02-22, 15:55
"Protecting Our Kids Act," incoming

https://i.ibb.co/N9Pvxj5/lovejoy-demtards.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/QrJ10Lv/YES.jpg

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-03-22, 12:21
Politically, they have a pretty tight plan here. Some stuff that they think can get broad support, some stuff they can throw away as 'compromise' and then use the next round of shootings.

The 21yo limit when compared to the long standing 21yo requirement for handguns. They can say that the recent BUffalo and Texas shooters wouldn't have gotten their guns.
Waiting periods with the Buffalo shooter.
Throw in some money for school safety and mental health, that schools will spend on LGBTQIA 'protection'.

It's a great political strategy with some good implementation. In some ways the GOP is paying the price for a total lack of ability to message on this. I blame the fact that a lot of GOP infrastructure is still old-school, in the beltway that really doesn't like guns anyways. The effective counter is direct actions on school hardening, arming teacher volunteers. You blame these shootings on govt schools- what percentage of school shooters are private vs public? And the fact that they constantly miss all of these warning signs as they focus on 'micro-aggressions' but miss the kid with the bag of dead cats. The next thing is that the increase in shootings is directly correlatable to the rise of social media. Social Media Killer, Kardashian Killers. Call it "Liking Killers". The last thing is to point out how these politicians are using this to take your attention away from their failure to police our cities, address inflation, and the looming financial crisis. The image is bloody shoes from standing on the bodies of dead kids.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-03-22, 12:21
Hmm, I had a double post...

But while I'm here, the real issue behind why gun control will fail is because the guns are already here. Tens of millions of guns. Billions of 'high-capacity' magazines. Making those illegal has about as much chance of success as getting illegal aliens to 'self-deport'. They are here, you may not like it. They are not going away. The assymetry of non-citizens getting legal rights on one side, and taking away the rights of actual US citizens is pretty interesting...

Again, the FED pushes are theater. The real assault on gun rights is at the city and state level. That cities especially have been ax on gun and violence charges is a real chance to pivot and change the conversation. "You want new gun laws, but you won't enforce the ones on the books? Why do you let these killers loose?" and make some repeat offenders in NYC, Chicago, or SF the poster child for failed gun control and return focus to crime that will actually hit voters.

$40 billion and guns to defend Ukraine, and no money or armed volunteer teachers for our schools.

Dusty T
06-03-22, 12:29
I live about 90 minutes outside of the closest metro on a bit over two sections worth of high desert mountain property.
No cable, no phone, no direct internet, no cell service
Good luck with your search... :sarcastic:

Waylander
06-03-22, 17:37
Here’s an idea. Let’s protect inner city kids by banning criminals and drive-bys.

The_War_Wagon
06-03-22, 21:08
Here’s an idea. Let’s protect inner city kids by banning criminals and drive-bys.

And banning the Demtard politicians who make their living off them!