PDA

View Full Version : Former New York cop arrested outside U.S. Capitol with fake badge, BB gun...

tn1911
06-03-22, 14:54
Former New York cop arrested outside U.S. Capitol with fake badge, BB gun, body armor, ammo and high-capacity magazines...

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/03/former-new-york-cop-arrested-outside-us-capitol-with-bb-gun-ammo.html

A retired New York City police officer was arrested Friday morning outside of the U.S. Capitol after being found in possession of a fake law enforcement badge, a BB gun, body armor, ammunition and high-capacity magazines, Capitol police said.

The ex-cop, 53-year-old Jerome Felipe of Flint, Michigan, was spotted by a Capitol patrol officer just before 5 a.m. ET parked in a 2017 Dodge Charger near Peace Circle, on the west side of the Capitol in Washington, D.C., authorities said.

After he gave police permission to search his vehicle, officers found a BB gun, two ballistic vests, several high-capacity magazines and other ammunition inside.

“No real guns were found,” police said.

tn1911
06-03-22, 14:56
This is just a weird story...

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-03-22, 15:05
I doubt he can keep his pie hole shut, but get your lawyer to sat you are passing through DC and making Tik Tok videos (not in DC) or a movie. Otherwise, yea, sounds a bit bat crap crazy…

Though, it would be interesting to know why they stopped him and searched him… Was this a case of they guy talking about doing something at the capitol around a phone or computer, or told a ‘friend’ that was actually a FBI informant that he had malice on his mind and DC was on the look out for him?

It implies that the materials were not in view and only came to light in the search. How many people did this cop pull over today? Search?

Maybe not as weird as it seems…. You have that stuff in your trunk, and you just happen to get your car searched….

Finish this later, knock on my door…

john armond
06-03-22, 15:13
How do you get charged with having “unregistered ammo” if you don’t live in the area to be able to “register” your ammo, whatever that is? You don’t drive through DC and have to register your car while you are there.

glocktogo
06-03-22, 15:33
Well his first mistake was going to DC. His second mistake was speaking to the police/agreeing to allow them to search. I'm sure he's busy making other mistakes as we type, so I don't really have anything to add.

Johnny Rico
06-03-22, 16:16
Why would a former cop ever consent to a search?

TAZ
06-03-22, 16:41
Hmmmmm. Do we need justification for more walls and closed door shenanigans??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

titsonritz
06-03-22, 17:08
Why would a former cop ever consent to a search?

Thought he was above it all? Probably left leaning.

Sam
06-03-22, 19:59
I don't give a flying xuxx what happens in that city.

3 AE
06-04-22, 20:16
For some reason, the statement “No real guns were found,” police said. just cracks me up!!! I'm so glad to be in my "twilight years". At least I'm in Wyoming!

flenna
06-05-22, 10:04
So, were the “high capacity magazines and ammo” for the BB gun?