PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace Lasergrips for M&P 45 Compact?

SpartanArms
12-19-08, 23:35
Hey all,

Does anybody know if the Crimson Trace Lasergrips for the S&W M&P Compact pistols in 9/40/357 will work on the newer M&P Compact 45 pistol or not? I don't have a set to check the fit with...does anybody know? If not, does anyone know if Crimson Trace has laser-grips for this pistol in the pipeline or not? Below is a picture of the M&P 45 Compact I am referring to, it's the one at the very bottom of the picture. Thanks.:D

http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/postimages/72516-45Comparison.jpg

ToddG
12-19-08, 23:44
No. The M&P45 Compact uses unique grips and presently there is no CTC solution for that model.

ToddG
12-20-08, 11:27
It's fairly easy to remove the right (ambi) safety lever wing for compatibility with the CTCs.

mtdawg169
12-20-08, 23:25
Interesting.... Is the right hand lever a separate piece (2 piece lever?) or do you just remove the lever and cut the right side paddle off?

ToddG
12-20-08, 23:44
It's a separate piece.

edited to add: The moment I pressed the "submit reply" button, I started second-guessing myself. I'm not absolutely certain, and don't have one on hand to check. Maybe someone else can pipe up who's done the mod?

mtdawg169
12-21-08, 15:30
OK, so the next logical question is does the CT grip fit the 45 the same as it does the 9/40/357 models?

You've got my wheels turning now. ;)

ToddG
12-21-08, 17:16
The "full size" LG-660 fits the M&P9, M&P40, M&P357, M&P45, and M&P45 Mid-size.

The "compact" LG-661 fits the M&P9 Compact, M&P40 Compact, and M&P357 Compact only.

John_Wayne777
12-21-08, 20:39
It's a separate piece.

edited to add: The moment I pressed the "submit reply" button, I started second-guessing myself. I'm not absolutely certain, and don't have one on hand to check. Maybe someone else can pipe up who's done the mod?

Looking at my FDE .45 with the safety, it appears that the lever is a single piece of stamped steel. It looks to me like the right-most safety lever could be cut off fairly easily with the part removed from the weapon.

SpartanArms
12-23-08, 23:16
Everyone,

Thanks for all the replies. When I originally posted this question I used the picture of the three FDE M&P 45's with thumb safeties simply to illustrate that I was referring to the "smallest" M&P 45 rather than the mid-size one. I didn't mean to imply that I was trying to fit a set of M&P "Compact" Lasergrips onto an M&P 45 with a thumb safety; I realize the thumb safety would pose a problem when installing a set of lasergrips on an M&P. The pistol I was planning on installing the CTC grips on has NO thumb safety. The thumb safety is not the issue for me, it's finding CTC grips to fit the pistol. Once again, thanks for the info, but I guess I'm just S.O.L. until CTC makes some new grips.:D