PDA

View Full Version : SOTAR Website gone Members Only?

Dutch110
06-06-22, 13:19
I used to go there every once in awhile and check out his newly uploaded videos. Tried today and its asking for username and password. No dice. And the Create an Account feature is disabled. Did SOTAR go Secret Squirrel? Actually have a BCG I need to send him for a new gas key (I have no staking tool) too.

Otto Mation
06-06-22, 17:59
I tried to get in without success. Must just be under construction.

ggammell
06-06-22, 20:03
I believe they went behind a paywall or something. They were getting quite a bit of crap from the internet. Some of it deserved, most of it not.

alx01
06-06-22, 23:04
Chad is one of the nicest and smartest people I've talked to. Everything he said comes from experience and he has a reason for each procedure and detail he does. I don't often see now such detail oriented and engineering-minded people. I would happily sign up if he has a paid website.

Most of the critics came from "my ar shoots fine" crowd.

I really wish that Chad and/or Jim Fuller would have the something similar for AK as well.

HKGuns
06-07-22, 07:55
Yes, there is a membership fee to keep the riff raff out and the noise level down. It is actually quite refreshing.

Entryteam
06-07-22, 08:07
Yes, there is a membership fee to keep the riff raff out and the noise level down. It is actually quite refreshing.

*raises hand* What is... "SOTAR"?

Dutch110
06-07-22, 10:35

Any idea how one would go about doing this? I figured there was something set up under the Create an Account feature but that just redirects back to the login page. I agree, I would happily pay some money to get access. I like his insights and reasoning behind what it is he does. I have incorporated more than a few of his tips into my building process.

EDIT - Never mind. Found it. Got stuck in a redirect loop the last time I tried it.

themonk
06-07-22, 12:14

School of the American Rifle

AKDoug
06-10-22, 13:36

In my world it's a white water raft manufacturer.

m4luvr
06-10-22, 14:15
In my world it's a white water raft manufacturer.

SWIM. OVER. TO. ANOTHER. RAFT. 🙃

Joethe33
06-16-22, 22:45
Chad is one of the nicest and smartest people I've talked to. Everything he said comes from experience and he has a reason for each procedure and detail he does. I don't often see now such detail oriented and engineering-minded people. I would happily sign up if he has a paid website.

Most of the critics came from "my ar shoots fine" crowd.

I really wish that Chad and/or Jim Fuller would have the something similar for AK as well.

He's really nice when you question anything he does, or mention the name "Trajectory" in his presence.

I guess its cool hes found a weird cult following, even though hes just building a bird house per the manual.

JSantoro
06-17-22, 01:00
Response to the notification I just got, in the clear:

The immediate above is not say again NOT a "...baseless attack..."

I'm not alone in having seen SOTAR and its followers treat some upright people with reasonable questions like dogshit on no other basis but a form of "*splutter* Do you know who I am...!!??!" before retreating behind the paywall.

Given that I demonstrably like to play with my food when it comes to handling people dorking about with group rules, here and elsewhere: Somebody who describes their for-reasons opinion on how an organization handles P2P interactions is NOT "attacking" said organization, nor its founder. Don't try to out-brig a brig-lawyer.

Dutch110
06-17-22, 10:46

I'm not alone in having seen SOTAR and its followers treat some upright people with reasonable questions like dogshit on no other basis but a form of "*splutter* Do you know who I am...!!??!" before retreating behind the paywall.

Given that I demonstrably like to play with my food when it comes to handling people dorking about with group rules, here and elsewhere: Somebody who describes their for-reasons opinion on how an organization handles P2P interactions is NOT "attacking" said organization, nor its founder. Don't try to out-brig a brig-lawyer.

Whaaaaa? Did I read that correctly in that this seemingly innocuous thread generated a formal complaint and threat of legal action????

AndyLate
06-17-22, 11:46
Whaaaaa? Did I read that correctly in that this seemingly innocuous thread generated a formal complaint and threat of legal action????

We are a touchy bunch.

Andy

titsonritz
06-17-22, 12:43
Struck a nerve, huh?

Dutch110
06-17-22, 13:12
Struck a nerve, huh?

I hope I read that wrong. Because if anything said in this thread touched off a threat of legal action then some people need to stay off the interwebs.

SOTAR
06-17-22, 14:40

JSantoro,

My message wasn't a demand. Nothing in my message was a legal threat. I'm not here to argue or fight with people, so instead of arguing with members I took a different approach.

If I did something to you, I would like to offer my sincere apologies.

I wish you all the very best.

AndyLate
06-17-22, 17:36
JSantoro,

My message wasn't a demand. Nothing in my message was a legal threat. I'm not here to argue or fight with people, so instead of arguing with members I took a different approach.

If I did something to you, I would like to offer my sincere apologies.

I wish you all the very best.

Not throwing shade at JSantoro, but credit to SOTAR for taking it offline. We don't always have to air our disagreements in the thread for the whole world to see.

Andy