PDA

View Full Version : Blackout Defense zero trigger

yoni
06-12-22, 04:39
I am going to be putting together a 11.5" gun this summer.

I am very curious about the Blackout Defense zero trigger.

Does any one run one and if yes which model? Any issues with it?

Second question is if I am running an after market trigger like the Blackout, do I really need to worry that much about the other parts for building out the lower?

06-12-22, 06:59
As long as it's a quality mfg., and there are a few that sell lpk's minus trigger shouldn't be any issues. If you haven't settled on a barrel give the triarc trac 2.0 a look, extremely impressed with the accuracy of mine and they port on the small side.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

DG23
06-12-22, 10:18
I am going to be putting together a 11.5" gun this summer.

Does any one run one and if yes which model? Any issues with it?

Second question is if I am running an after market trigger like the Blackout, do I really need to worry that much about the other parts for building out the lower?

I looked it up (never heard of them before).

The short 2mm reset makes the Zero trigger one of the fastest on the market. The reset is also positive, which facilitates even faster shooting during training or competition

For that much money I could buy a few NiB Schmid triggers, a small pile of disconnectors and be set up (nearly) the same exact way for years and years. All without 'needing' any sort of anti-walk pin garbage to keep the pins retained.

Shortening the reset takes very little time even with standard parts if that is what floats a guys boat...

At $250ish + the cost of the anti-walk pins - No way I would bother with it. Especially not with the welded set screws...

Looks to me like the same concept as a JP adjustable but 'cept in a cassette with welded set screws (cause THEY adjust it - not you) and no j spring in the bobbed hammer. All of that for twice as much money! :(

Curious if they are measuring their reset here:

https://i.imgur.com/o7On3lh.jpg

or the distance the trigger (where your finger goes) moves.

Because 2mm in one place is not = to 2mm at the other...

2mm of reset like in my picture will be reliable as hell and pretty much last forever where 2mm of reset in the other is going to be much less so (as far as the engagement of those sear surfaces).

LongRider
06-14-22, 23:09

I’m often asked why not a tried and true manufacturer like a Geissele?

yoni
06-15-22, 04:52
I think based on lack of history with people here, I am not going to buy one and will in fact go with a tried and true brand

SteyrAUG
06-16-22, 21:38
I think based on lack of history with people here, I am not going to buy one and will in fact go with a tried and true brand

I have a question, given your (assuming) long history with standard weight military triggers, aren't competition (super light /short reset) triggers problematic for you? Every time I'm trying out the "tuned trigger" on somebodies super custom AR I'm always afraid I'm gonna "oops" a round downrange as I'm getting settled in for the shot.

yoni
06-17-22, 05:27
I have a question, given your (assuming) long history with standard weight military triggers, aren't competition (super light /short reset) triggers problematic for you? Every time I'm trying out the "tuned trigger" on somebodies super custom AR I'm always afraid I'm gonna "oops" a round downrange as I'm getting settled in for the shot.

I had stock triggers in my Hi Powers, Glocks, various M16 rifles and mini or micro Uzis. All my sniper rifles had super triggers in them. I think it is just a matter of having enough rounds on the platform with the great trigger.

But if someone had a super match light trigger and never shot anything but stock triggers and then pick the weapon with the super match trigger in it for a life and death situation then that worries me.

But in the end this rifle is getting a BRT from Client and a Timney trigger with about a 4 pound trigger.

Back in the day on training cycle, I would put rounds down range on a daily basis out of my pistol, M16, and sniper rifle every work day. Because I could carry and use all 3 platforms on any given day.