PDA

View Full Version : Winterville, NC

Wake27
06-14-22, 08:49
Anyone here familiar with the area? I just spent the weekend there briefly before moving out there early next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_War_Wagon
06-14-22, 08:58
Why would you move to the hot-as-hell-flat-as-a-flitter-God-forsaken eastern part of the state. The mountains are God's country & the Lexington-style BBQ is better!?

Wake27
06-14-22, 09:27
Why would you move to the hot-as-hell-flat-as-a-flitter-God-forsaken eastern part of the state. The mountains are God's country & the Lexington-style BBQ is better!?

I’ll be working at ECU. I’m definitely going to miss the mountains.

ndmiller
06-14-22, 15:15
There is a shooting facility southeast of town and closer to the outer banks....Not all bad.

chuckman
06-14-22, 15:26

Born in Morehead City, raised on Camp Lejeune, two degrees from ECU. That's God's Country. Eastern BBQ with pepper-vinegar sauce is the heat. Lexington is...OK. I would not turn it down.

I’ll be working at ECU. I’m definitely going to miss the mountains.

Two degrees from there. I love Greenville, but it is a college town, and traffic is awful. Aw. Ful. I am very familiar with the area. Feel free to text with any questions 919-945-9209.

Charles

Keith E.
01-10-24, 12:14
Anyone here familiar with the area? I just spent the weekend there briefly before moving out there early next month.

Wake27,

I'm late to the party, Welcome to ENC. I'm somewhat familiar with the area as I worked thereabouts for ~15yrs. As mentioned, there's a shooting area to the South a bit. PCWC is about a 1/2hr NNW of Winterville. Depending on your interests, this may be an option to look into. Reach out if you have any questions

https://www.pittcountywildlifeclub.org/

Keith

Wake27
01-10-24, 18:08
Wake27,

I'm late to the party, Welcome to ENC. I'm somewhat familiar with the area as I worked thereabouts for ~15yrs. As mentioned, there's a shooting area to the South a bit. PCWC is about a 1/2hr NNW of Winterville. Depending on your interests, this may be an option to look into. Reach out if you have any questions

https://www.pittcountywildlifeclub.org/

Keith

Thanks, I actually joined PCWC like two months ago, just in time to now move again… I don’t know why I waited so long. I had been shooting at a place almost two hours away before joining so I almost never went and am very rusty now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro