PDA

View Full Version : Siren's song... WWI

David Thomas
11-18-06, 09:14
“Draw near ... illustrious Odysseus, flower of the Achaean chivalry, and bring your ship to rest that you may hear our voices. No seaman ever sailed his black ship past this place without listening to the sweet voice that flow from our lips, and none that listened has not been delighted and gone on a wiser man” Homer, Odyssey.

I have, after a valiant effort to resist, succumbed to the Siren’s song:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j236/peachesndiesel/COLTWWI1911029.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j236/peachesndiesel/COLTWWI1911045.jpg

VA_Dinger
11-18-06, 13:28
Very nice.

David Thomas
11-18-06, 19:15
Very nice.

Thanks. I tried to talk myself out of it, and had done so on two separate trips to the one of the local fun stores. However, I could never quit thinking about the gun. So, about a month after I first fondled it, I returned to claim my Colt WWI repro/reissue.

TOrrock
11-18-06, 21:24
That's a beautiful piece.

Growing up, one of my friends had his great grandfather's GI M1911 that he brought back from WWI. We'd shoot it occasionally.

The combination of the short grip safety and the large hammer spur would turn my hand into hamburger......

But shooting that old pistol was a great experience.

I'm glad Colt put those out. They look fantastic.

David Thomas
11-27-06, 23:06
That's a beautiful piece.

Growing up, one of my friends had his great grandfather's GI M1911 that he brought back from WWI. We'd shoot it occasionally.

The combination of the short grip safety and the large hammer spur would turn my hand into hamburger......

But shooting that old pistol was a great experience.

I'm glad Colt put those out. They look fantastic.

Thanks,

... yes she bites, but the pretty ones always do. Well more of a nibble.

QuietShootr
11-28-06, 16:26
That is a beautiful pistol, but I can almost feel the blood running down my hand.

Am I nuts, or does anyone else think it would be really cool to take one of those and send it to Yost or someone like that for a full-custom job?

bullitt5172
12-01-06, 14:08
That is a beautiful pistol, but I can almost feel the blood running down my hand.

Am I nuts, or does anyone else think it would be really cool to take one of those and send it to Yost or someone like that for a full-custom job?

Your not nuts, mine is sitting in the safe (unfired) right now and I am thinking of sending it to Yost for either a retro built to keep it fairly clean looking or do a 1* package on it. I'll never sell it so I'm not too worried about the resale of it.

Thoughts??

QuietShootr
12-01-06, 15:59
Your not nuts, mine is sitting in the safe (unfired) right now and I am thinking of sending it to Yost for either a retro built to keep it fairly clean looking or do a 1* package on it. I'll never sell it so I'm not too worried about the resale of it.

Thoughts??

I think a 1* on one of those would be ubercool. Grandpa's rollmarks with modern conveniences...I like it.

trio
12-01-06, 23:57
i believe if you go over to the louder than words for sale forum there are currently 2 matched colt wwI repros done up by Yost for sale....

not to tempt anyone or anything :D

bullitt5172
12-06-06, 09:42
i believe if you go over to the louder than words for sale forum there are currently 2 matched colt wwI repros done up by Yost for sale....

not to tempt anyone or anything :D

Yes, I have seen those. They gave me the idea to modify mine. The trigger in mine is fit really loose and the thumbsafety is "springy". Other than that it is really well put together for a new Colt. The slide/frame fit is tight and the barrel fit seems good. So it might not need that much work after all :)