PDA

View Full Version : Radical firearms any good?

settingsuns
06-29-22, 18:24
Been looking at some radical firearm reviews, seem to be pretty good for a basic ar upper in 300 blackout, I got an aero precision upper on layaway but will pretty much be a deer gun and I could save a lot going with radical, any experience with them, guess they're made in Texas so I see a bunch of members from there and hoping you guys could shed some light on these.

Diamondback
06-29-22, 18:59
Do a quick search (box at top right), and you'll find RF has a pretty strong negative rep around here like most off-brands.

Defaultmp3
06-29-22, 19:04
Radical Firearms, the guys that came up with backwards KeyMod. Literally. Hard pass for me.

I also distinctly remember at one point that specifically sold uppers that had the gas tubes exposed for a more "aggressive aesthetic", or something like that, though I might be misremembering them for another shitty brand, since I can't find anything with some casual Googling.

kerplode
06-29-22, 19:04
Yeah, I don't think you're gonna get any good feedback on Radical here.

They're cheaper for a simple reason...Junk costs less.

titsonritz
06-29-22, 19:27
I know a few people that have them, from what I've seen they are low tier garbage.

Circle_10
06-29-22, 19:34
Radical Firearms, the guys that came up with backwards KeyMod. Literally. Hard pass for me.

I also distinctly remember at one point that specifically sold uppers that had the gas tubes exposed for a more "aggressive aesthetic", or something like that, though I might be misremembering them for another shitty brand, since I can't find anything with some casual Googling.

Not to leap to Radical’s defense, but I remember that, and it was a different company, “Battle Rifle Company” maybe? IIRC someone on here stumbled across their booth at a trade show or something and posted their account of the interaction and the products on display, exposed gas tubes and all.

Defaultmp3
06-29-22, 23:04
Not to leap to Radical’s defense, but I remember that, and it was a different company, “Battle Rifle Company” maybe? IIRC someone on here stumbled across their booth at a trade show or something and posted their account of the interaction and the products on display, exposed gas tubes and all. You are correct, I got the two mixed up because they are (were?) both garbage tier companies from Houston, TX.

OutofBatt3ry
06-29-22, 23:14
For the cost of a 100% reputable AR, why mess with RF? Just saying.

SteyrAUG
06-30-22, 00:18
For the cost of a 100% reputable AR, why mess with RF? Just saying.

People don't know what they know, until they know. At least he found his way here and asked. Most people just buy it, come here, get their feelings hurt and then talk shit about how we are a bunch of know it all jackasses and their rifle is just as good as what we use.

I mean isn't that exactly the purpose of THIS forum, to help educate those who don't know, especially those who ask questions in order to find out?

Post count is 2. We should probably be grateful.

For the OP, for the amount of money you were ready to spend, for a few bucks more you can actually buy something exceptionally well made and reliable. What you are looking at now, really isn't any of those things.

HKGuns
06-30-22, 00:58
NOT WITH YOUR MONEY would I buy one of their products.

I went through TWO of their shitty 450BM uppers that wouldn’t cycle.

Lesson learned and never again.

Built my own that functions flawlessly.

They’re Radical alright, Radically bad.

Hammer_Man
06-30-22, 03:47
If you’re on a budget I’d recommend a S&W M&P-15. It’s not fancy, but it’ll send lead reliably.

wanderson
06-30-22, 05:37
RF’s rep for customer service is terrible, that’s been all over many forums for years.

But my experience with a 10” Radical Firearms 7.62x39 upper has been good. Bought one years ago super cheap, minus BCG. Great shooter, no issues. But I bought it knowing if I had problems, they were mine.

I’d personally look at Palmetto State Armory, I have .300bo uppers from PSA in 16” and 8”, good shooters, zero issues.

Bear Creek Armory is a safer gamble than Radical, their customer service rep is great. I have a 20” BSA 6.5G upper that’s VERY good in terms of accuracy and no problems.

AndyLate
06-30-22, 05:58
Zero experience with the company but, would you expect a vendor named "Radical" to sell reliable, quality guns?

Andy

Alpha-17
06-30-22, 08:38
We've had a couple come through work (Cabela's used Firearms Library) and I haven't been impressed on any of them. Blue Book values are low, fit is OK (better than Wise Arms, at least) but the quality just seems pretty poor. One we got from an auction house "LNIB" that had clearly been dropped/had something dropped on it, and the MLOK handguard had a pretty sizable dent/bend in it. Hard pass for me, unless you can find one for $400-500 and have extra cash to blow.

everready73
06-30-22, 10:15
If you need a budget option at least go with PSA. They generally work and they will fix it if it doesn't (although long wait times for cs)

Swstock
06-30-22, 11:35
Trash. I tried a gas block of theirs and ended up throwing it in the garage.

Hammer_Man
06-30-22, 12:16
Trash. I tried a gas block of theirs and ended up throwing it in the garage.

What was wrong with it?