PDA

View Full Version : Handguns have become boring

yoni
06-30-22, 18:35
I am totally committed to the Leighi Defense 68 grain bullet as loaded by Underwood in both 9mm and if they ever make it again in 357 sig.

I understand that anything near 2000fps has broken new ground and if the 357 sig ever comes back it will out of an 8inch AR hit 2300fps.

But this has led me to my problem. My current gun is my old Glock model 34 with a 6inch barrel, with a Overwatch flat trigger and trigger bar. The trigger is as good as it can get for a carry gun.

But damn, it is a Glock, which just has no soul.

I have been looking to try and get a replacement pistol and nothing is out there that floats my boat and that I could put a 6 inch barrel in.

I guess I am not a striker fired fan

kerplode
06-30-22, 20:07
Maybe Nighthawk would make you a long slide in 357 Sig if you threw a sack of money at them.

6" Shadow Hawk in 357 with an RMR would be pretty sweet, and would definitely have more soul than a plastic fantastic.

Eurodriver
06-30-22, 20:16
All guns have gotten boring.

I literally cannot go into any gun store and find a gun I want to buy (unless it is the $14,000 M249S on display or something ridiculous like that) I can go in with $2000 burning a hole in my pocket and all I see are baby blue Glock 43s or some $200 handgun I’ve never heard of. Savage Axis rifles and mim filled 870s.

2005-2014~ was the hay day. The mag ban expired so handgun makers weren’t trying to base their entire line up around a gun that was just big enough. The AWB sunset coupled with GWOT caused a whole new genre of long gun sales that weren’t based on antiquated soldier of fortune magazines. Companies invested in innovation to stand out.

Now you couldnt avoid some random garage built AR manufacturer hanging on the shelf if you tried.

joe138
06-30-22, 20:29
Boring unless you happen to be OLIAR15. His guns are anything but boring.

Twilk73
06-30-22, 20:48
I’ve never shot a 1911 or 2011 but I’ve been drooling over the staccato xc for a month I almost went there two days ago. I’m also very excited for the fmg9 coming out. Other than that what seems boring to me as the lack of innovation. Everyone is making a Glock or Glock like pistol. In know that’s not true but it just seems so. The Hudson 9 was interesting, the Maxim 9 was cool. I actually own a Maxim but the trigger sucks.

TomMcC
06-30-22, 21:08
If you live in a place like California, and then visit Nevada, Arizona or someplace like that, they don't seem so boring.

yoni
07-01-22, 04:12
If you live in a place like California, and then visit Nevada, Arizona or someplace like that, they don't seem so boring.

Tom, that is a lot of truth in what you said.

But even with that, it seems that everything is like a Glock, or it just doesn't meet what I want. I also have tried to see if some people could do custom work so I could get what I want and the answer has been no. I haven't got one yes and here is the cost a duffel bag full of cash, just no.

Such is life.

07-01-22, 07:47
Guns are guns. None of them have a soul and they’re all boring on their own.

The fun part about guns is being around people. Some of my best range days I barely even shoot because I’m talking or helping people more than shooting.

Eurodriver
07-01-22, 07:50
Guns are guns. None of them have a soul and they’re all boring on their own.

The fun part about guns is being around people. Some of my best range days I barely even shoot because I’m talking or helping people more than shooting.

I hate people, and people generally hate me.

Some of my best range dares are when I talk to nobody at all...

sinister
07-01-22, 08:08
Yoni, I know exactly what you mean.

I think I have the Glocks I want and need. I have a few metal SIGs and have no desire for plastic 320s.

I shot the Staccato-P and thought, "Meh" -- maybe because I have a .45 2011 I torture.

Have you considered building a 6-inch 9mm (or 357 SIG) 2011? Maybe half-a-dozen outfits make aluminum frames now. I don't know the case feeding geometry for the 357, but I'll bet it'll work in a 2011.

markm
07-01-22, 08:10
There's really not one good pistol at ANY price level that I would buy for carry/defense. There's plenty of cool pistols that would be fun to have, but they don't make the cut for practical and reliable carry.

BWT
07-01-22, 08:12
I am totally committed to the Leighi Defense 68 grain bullet as loaded by Underwood in both 9mm and if they ever make it again in 357 sig.

I understand that anything near 2000fps has broken new ground and if the 357 sig ever comes back it will out of an 8inch AR hit 2300fps.

But this has led me to my problem. My current gun is my old Glock model 34 with a 6inch barrel, with a Overwatch flat trigger and trigger bar. The trigger is as good as it can get for a carry gun.

I have been looking to try and get a replacement pistol and nothing is out there that floats my boat and that I could put a 6 inch barrel in.

Owning a gun, shooting a gun, etc. can be boring. Have you thought about a shooting sport? No idea your background, etc. I just figured throw this out there.

God Bless,

Brandon

GNXII
07-01-22, 09:06
When I first got interested in firearms (1987) the world was my “gun oyster” so to speak.A lot of interesting guns then but I was new to guns so ALL were cool. Until of course you got your first lemon, Then you started really looking deeply into what works and what doesn’t. I’ve had my fair share of “lemons” I was happy to get rid of along with some pleasant surprises! It was part of the game so to speak.FWIW, I always disclosed what was wrong with a gun when I sold it usually at a loss to the buyer. Some buyers I never heard from ever again and some I did run into as the shooting circles in my area are kind of small. I used to enjoy hearing how they managed to correct or resurrect a gun that was giving me fits. Now the situation has changed for the better. The industry has evolved that buying a handgun from a major manufacturer gives you a lot of choices in that line along with reliability, accuracy, longevity etc etc. it is boring when you can’t recognize one manufacture from another some distance from a glass display case in the gun store! From a purely self-defense, practical, tactical, EDC, LE etc. perspective the choices that are stocked at your local gun stores today are excellent. If you stay with some major manufacturers for longarms you will be good to go also. I’ll add that even now when something doesn’t work right from the box after a break in, I’m not even bothering we’re going back to the gun store: it’s going right back to the manufacturer along with a list of what’s wrong unless they direct me otherwise. But that occurs less and less often, maybe I’m just lucky. I feel for the collector crowd as the days of a huge variety of military surplus firearms that were inexpensive,are way long gone. When something comes on the collector market it’s usually overpriced from the start. When you add that that foreign governments are turning surplus firearms in there arsenals into scrap metal for that high value then you know that ship has sailed and ain’t coming back. Several friends of mine were surplus firearms collectors and they always managed to pick up some thing that can serve them a dual purpose i.e. self-defense, plinking etc. etc. I had one buddy of mine who picked up a bunch (3) of S&W 1917 revolvers in 45 ACP that were imported from Brazil in the 90s. He still has two of them and for the longest time that was his home defense gun. Now he’d struggle to buy one of them let alone the three he picked up at the time. Collecting, which I do also, is seeing more and more boring and or overpriced guns come on the market.

kerplode
07-01-22, 12:42

I literally cannot go into any gun store and find a gun I want to buy (unless it is the $14,000 M249S on display or something ridiculous like that) I can go in with $2000 burning a hole in my pocket and all I see are baby blue Glock 43s or some $200 handgun I’ve never heard of. Savage Axis rifles and mim filled 870s.

2005-2014~ was the hay day. The mag ban expired so handgun makers weren’t trying to base their entire line up around a gun that was just big enough. The AWB sunset coupled with GWOT caused a whole new genre of long gun sales that weren’t based on antiquated soldier of fortune magazines. Companies invested in innovation to stand out.

Now you couldnt avoid some random garage built AR manufacturer hanging on the shelf if you tried.

I fundamentally agree with all this. I burned out on black rifle Glock clone tactical stuff a few years back. It was just all the same and all boring.

These days, I mostly shoot single actions, lever guns, and 22LR.

markm
07-01-22, 13:24
I fundamentally agree with all this. I burned out on black rifle Glock clone tactical stuff a few years back. It was just all the same and all boring.

These days, I mostly shoot single actions, lever guns, and 22LR.

I never get tired of shooting the AR/M4. As far a pistols though... blah. There's fun stuff to shoot, like all of the 9mm 1911 variations.

But the last gun that piqued my interest was that striker fired/1911/9mm double stack gun. But the company went under.

TomMcC
07-01-22, 13:45
Tom, that is a lot of truth in what you said.

But even with that, it seems that everything is like a Glock, or it just doesn't meet what I want. I also have tried to see if some people could do custom work so I could get what I want and the answer has been no. I haven't got one yes and here is the cost a duffel bag full of cash, just no.

Such is life.

My comment wasn't meant to negate anything you said. Most pistols are kind of boring. Since I'm stuck in California, I actually bought a Beretta PX4 Storm with it's SA/DA trigger because I thought it might not be boring. Relearning to shoot a DA/SA trigger again seems interesting.

Maybe you could score a Laugo Arms Alien...I think that pistol is quite interesting, that or an Atlas Athena

https://atlasgunworks.com/atlas-gunworks-athena

The frame to slide fit and smoothness is the best I've ever seen and felt.

yoni
07-01-22, 14:32
The Alien is very cool, but it is a gun for games. If I remember correctly Vickers has one and it will not feed hollowpoints.

The Atlas is also a nice gun, but it doesn't meet my criteria for barrel length.

But thanks for your input I really appreciate it.

Maybe I need to carry a SW model 10 with round nose 38, for a while. Then all semi autos will look good again.

sinister
07-01-22, 15:25
Maybe I need to carry a SW model 10 with round nose 38, for a while. Then all semi autos will look good again.Yikes.

That would do it.

MegademiC
07-01-22, 17:05
Guns arent cool, skills are.
Have you tried competing?

MegademiC
07-01-22, 17:07
There's really not one good pistol at ANY price level that I would buy for carry/defense. There's plenty of cool pistols that would be fun to have, but they don't make the cut for practical and reliable carry.

You have had issues with stock glocks?

TheAlsatian
07-01-22, 18:13
I'm with the OP. I am a long time shooter and collector, since the early 70s. Gunshops today are mostly boring as hell. ARs and Glocks, maybe a 10/22 sprinkled in. I used to love going into new shops, you never knew what you would find. Now I like older/unusual stuff....I'm with our Swiss friend..

yoni
07-01-22, 18:39
Guns arent cool, skills are.
Have you tried competing?

I have shot IPSC in the past.

Plus for my career I was lucky and was paid to shoot.

I tried to shoot competition a few years ago, and didn't like it. I found it to be in many ways to be a game and I still shoot to keep my skill level at a certain level, so that I can survive the next gun fight or war that life may bring my direction.

Billy Waugh is one of my heroes as he has yet to stop fighting.

Outlander Systems
07-01-22, 19:30
B&T is the only company in 2022 that is making guns that aren’t lame as ****.

Don’t @ me.

SteyrAUG
07-01-22, 19:51
Not gonna find much in the 6 inch semi auto class, especially in .357 SIG. This is mostly the result of our successes in the CCW area, most handguns are made for those who carry. Even the Glock 34 was an "exception to the rule" competition gun.

Might have to learn to love 1911s.

SteyrAUG
07-01-22, 19:56
I have shot IPSC in the past.

Plus for my career I was lucky and was paid to shoot.

I tried to shoot competition a few years ago, and didn't like it. I found it to be in many ways to be a game and I still shoot to keep my skill level at a certain level, so that I can survive the next gun fight or war that life may bring my direction.

Billy Waugh is one of my heroes as he has yet to stop fighting.

It's how you train, not the dojo you train in.

I was in more than a few handgun / carbine clubs and they were all some flavor of IDPA. While everyone else mentally preplanned to the course and determined a strategy that became "shooting games" to me. So when I came to a new stage, I tried to not even look at it if possible and only to understand the course of fire and requirements that I'd have to satisfy. Then I did my best to let the targets present to me as they appeared to me so it would be a little more "real world."

As a result, I rarely broke the Top 10, but I became a much better shot and more importantly my training stayed "challenging."

OutofBatt3ry
07-01-22, 20:25
At the end of the day, guns are tools...

I fell into the AR trap a few years ago and it ran it's course. Built a few. It was cool. Helped a few buy/build their own. Also cool, but at the end of the day...My $130 Snap-on Ratchet does the same thing as most ratchets. Just like my pistols and AR's do the same thing as the other ones next to them...if that makes any sense.

Leaveammoforme
07-02-22, 03:55
I would like to introduce anyone bored with handguns to the CZ Tactical Sport line.

Barrels don't quite make the 6 inch requirement, they are heavy compared to other options and the triggers are on the light side for carry.

20 round TS magazines are flush fitting and work great. 26 rounders can need slight tuning.

Grips can be swapped if you don't like the loud colors.

Tactical Sports are single action only and anyone with 1911 muscle memory will feel at home.

I've been training for the November Games with a blue for about a month. Weight is already less noticeable and the trigger doesn't feel as overly light as it once did.

I've had the blue awhile but I was reluctant to put it up front for dynamic matches. Figure I'll put in some time and see if I still have reservations or not.

ST911
07-02-22, 08:38
Maybe I need to carry a SW model 10 with round nose 38, for a while. Then all semi autos will look good again.

Yikes.That would do it.

Style points, for sure. I'm thinking dump-pouch, maybe loops instead of a speedloader.

Allen
07-02-22, 14:52
The Alien is very cool, but it is a gun for games. If I remember correctly Vickers has one and it will not feed hollowpoints.

The Atlas is also a nice gun, but it doesn't meet my criteria for barrel length.

Armory craft and a few other dealers have some 226X6 floating around w/ 6" 9 or .40 slides but I remember Bruce Gray mentioning issues in a video. Esp at the $4-6K price point.

If you really want to evaporate something in the $250-300K range: https://markforged.com/3d-printers/metal-x
Have Bar-Sto make the barrel and print what ever you want...

The Dumb Gun Collector
07-02-22, 21:01
I was striker fired for a while then I drifted back to DA/SA about 10 years ago. Now I only shoot strikers to keep up general proficiency. But I have also gotten more into a collector mode as I have gotten older.

I will say, I have not been able to make myself get into the super guns with compensators, flash lights and red dots. They are just too fiddly for me. I keep up general proficiency with red dots with my Ruger 22, but I still love irons.

yoni
07-03-22, 06:24
B&T is the only company in 2022 that is making guns that aren’t lame as ****.

Don’t @ me.

Amen brother

AndyLate
07-04-22, 07:08
Its boring because we are basically at the apex of defensive handgun design - the "easy button" is too big.

If 6" pistols sold, manufacturers would make them.

Andy

WillBrink
07-04-22, 08:01

Have you tried the HK Vp9?

Always wondered why no one offers a .357 Mag CCP. That's the rnd that gets the most benefits from a longer barrel and it's really moving when fired from a longer barrel, where as say the .357 Sig intentionally optimized for the shorter barrels and benefits.

"On paper" I'd take a .357 CCP mag over any other pistol rnd in typical duty loads from the numbers I have seen.

As you know, also quite interested in those Leighi Defense / Underwood bullets per thread I had started a while back you had posted in also. I have to wonder what Leighi Defense / Underwood bullets in .357 Mag from a CCP would achieve, but it would be well north of 2k FPS to be sure, maybe even 2.5k+. How would that translate into terminal ballistics on target, I can't say.

Outlander Systems
07-04-22, 08:24
The HK VP9 is like a Gen10 Glock that you can buy today.

pinzgauer
07-04-22, 08:41
The HK VP9 is like a Gen10 Glock that you can buy today.Really looks like a Walther P99/PPQ.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/HK-SFP9_LSH.JPG

Which is not a bad thing, I have both and they are my sweet spot.

WillBrink
07-04-22, 10:45
The HK VP9 is like a Gen10 Glock that you can buy today.

No arguments from me... To me, best out of the box double stack polymer wonder pistol that I have tried/owned. Perfect no, nothing is, but it's close, with the caveat I have not shot every double stack polymer wonder pistol that exists, but I have shot all the majors. I think M&P gen2 with Apex kit, darn close second.

Really looks like a Walther P99/PPQ.

Which is not a bad thing, I have both and they are my sweet spot.

Similar guns, with some differences. Some prefer the PPQ, some prefer the Vp9.

VP9 seems far more common and has more model options.

Outlander Systems
07-04-22, 11:25
100%. The way the optics plates interface with the slide are so far beyond every other solution it’s almost comical. The stock trigger is excellent, the controls aren’t made for ants and the grip is absolutely phenomenal. Bonus points for paddle release.

best out of the box double stack polymer wonder pistol

WillBrink
07-04-22, 11:39
100%. The way the optics plates interface with the slide are so far beyond every other solution it’s almost comical. The stock trigger is excellent, the controls aren’t made for ants and the grip is absolutely phenomenal. Bonus points for paddle release.

There's a number of after market options that exist will take the gun to a level nothing can touch, but it does not need anything out of the box.

For me, only criticism is the location and size of the slide release. As LAV noted in his vid on the gun for which he had nothing but good things to say, those who are long time 1911 shooters may find themselves riding that slide stop, and I do. I wish someone would offer an after market slide stop that made it more prominent, or what ever that would solve that issue. Many have said similar in the past and no amount of grip grab work etc changes it, at least not for me. It can occasionally result in failure to lock back on the last rnd of a mag, but nothing worse then that, so not a show stopper for me as my chances of needing to do a mag reload as a civi are close to zero and just above zero is the number civi events that went beyond the rnd count of the VP9. I'm realistic and pragmatic about such things. Your et al mileage may vary...

If I was an LEO, etc, that would be a very different matter as to how concerned I would be about occasionally riding the slide stop on an otherwise A+ pistol.

Ron3
07-05-22, 14:03
Style points, for sure. I'm thinking dump-pouch, maybe loops instead of a speedloader.

I highly recommend a new Colt King Cobra or new Python. They have great triggers and can use Safariland speed loaders.

Have you checked out the new Beretta 92X G RDO? That's just over a 5 inch barrel IIRC. My 4.25 in Centurion eats those Underwood 68 gr Lehighs just fine and to the same POI as typical 115 / 124 gr bullets.

But if you really want that extra velocity of .357 sig and a long barrel in a steel gun then as mentioned I think that's going to mean an expensive, custom 1911 / 2011 gun.

Ron3
07-05-22, 14:12

Which gun is that?

WillBrink
07-05-22, 14:15
Which gun is that?

Our discussion covers that above, HKVP9.

Ron3
07-05-22, 14:19
Also consider the HK P30L longslide with an LEM trigger. (V1, IIRC)

My P30SK 3.27 in barrel shoots the Underwood 68 gr +p bullets at the same speed as my Beretta 92X 4.25 in barrel. (@1725 fps)

I assume the difference is polygonal rifling vs standard.

But I like to load & shoot lead / coated and that's easier with the Beretta.

Anyway the longer, polygonal barrel of the P30L might give it a boost.

I prefer the safety features of P30 design over the VP. Check it out.

yoni
07-05-22, 17:24

Last good HK pistol was the P7.

Outlander Systems
07-05-22, 17:26
Yup. This.

Our discussion covers that above, HKVP9.

kerplode
07-05-22, 19:37
I have a VP9. It's a superb combat handgun. Arguably the best. I would trust it with my life in all conceivable situations.

However...It's boring. Boring, boring, boring. I fell asleep at the controls last time I took it to the range.

P7s are definitely NOT boring! You got the squeezy thing and that piston dingus. And they get HOT! Like they're mad it you for shooting them. "You made me vurk so now I vill burn your fingers."

Exiledviking
07-05-22, 19:45
How about 6" longslide Clark Custom built in 1970 chambered in .38 Special? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220706/ff668917cf27bf4724ba287b05ed478c.jpg

Pappabear
07-05-22, 19:59
I have two P226's Sig Legion guns, they make a DA/SA and a SAO that is a bit unique. I call it a poor mans Stacatto because the trigger is the closest thing to a 1911 trigger and has a safety like a 1911. Double stack 9mm and I just shoot that gun very well. The SAO is my most unique handgun.

I'd find one and shoot it. But there just isn't any super unique handguns because so many manufacturers and so many guns. All have been whored out by another manufacturer so there goes unique.

PB

PB

WillBrink
07-05-22, 20:22
I have a VP9. It's a superb combat handgun. Arguably the best. I would trust it with my live in all conceivable situations.

However...It's boring. Boring, boring, boring. I fell asleep at the controls last time I took it to the range.

I tend to agree, limited as my BTDT status may be.

kerplode
07-05-22, 20:34
How about 6" longslide Clark Custom built in 1970 chambered in .38 Special? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220706/ff668917cf27bf4724ba287b05ed478c.jpg

Ooh…This is not boring. Definitely not boring.

And that rear sight…Sassy!

SteyrAUG
07-05-22, 21:51

USP. And actually the P30S V3 is really nice.

Coal Dragger
07-06-22, 01:01
There's a number of after market options that exist will take the gun to a level nothing can touch, but it does not need anything out of the box.

For me, only criticism is the location and size of the slide release. As LAV noted in his vid on the gun for which he had nothing but good things to say, those who are long time 1911 shooters may find themselves riding that slide stop, and I do. I wish someone would offer an after market slide stop that made it more prominent, or what ever that would solve that issue. Many have said similar in the past and no amount of grip grab work etc changes it, at least not for me. It can occasionally result in failure to lock back on the last rnd of a mag, but nothing worse then that, so not a show stopper for me as my chances of needing to do a mag reload as a civi are close to zero and just above zero is the number civi events that went beyond the rnd count of the VP9. I'm realistic and pragmatic about such things. Your et al mileage may vary...

If I was an LEO, etc, that would be a very different matter as to how concerned I would be about occasionally riding the slide stop on an otherwise A+ pistol.

This. I want a VP9 slide stop that is considerably shaved down.

Otherwise I love mine.

Ron3
07-07-22, 12:43
To nit-pick, the P30SK texture is just barely "enough". I prefer more.

The RH-side slide stop / release jiggles a bit but that's a really minor pick.

The biggest issue is no optic mount version is available. I tried the Meprolight rds system and it stank. They gave me back credit though.

Sam
07-07-22, 18:46
I guess I haven't arrived at the handgun nirvana or been enlightened yet. I still find all handguns challenging, some more than others. Never boring. I will be bored when I can pick up any gun and shoot any standard drill clean, i.e. under the prescribed time and/or perfect score, over and over. Right now I can't. So I'm not bored.

Pappabear
07-07-22, 20:43
I guess I haven't arrived at the handgun nirvana or been enlightened yet. I still find all handguns challenging, some more than others. Never boring. I will be bored when I can pick up any gun and shoot any standard drill clean, i.e. under the prescribed time and/or perfect score, over and over. Right now I can't. So I'm not bored.

Kinda hard to argue that point. For me I shoot matches weekly, and I change guns all the time and my scores suffer as a result, but I like to do it. Still score ok I guess. But not bored.

PB

Tanner
07-07-22, 21:32
Hammers are boring, screw drivers, ladders, paint brushes, fishing rods, all boring. Just tools that serve utility. Go have fun with your tools/toys.

yoni
07-08-22, 03:24

You are engaged in a self awareness, self improvement process. This is never boring. But it has nothing to do with pistols. The pistols are unthinking pieces of steel, plastic and maybe wood. They are only a vehicle for mind and body to channel your quest though.

I know when I work fundamentals at the range mostly with rifles but also with pistols I usually get a head ache.

I have a friend that had to channel his search through Olympic style shooting with pistols. He even went to at least 1 Olympics. It also made him a better shot at work, he had 2 officer involved shootings.

CDW4ME
07-08-22, 12:47
Shot a red dot on a handgun for the 1st time this year, put a Holosun 507c x2 on a Glock 34 - not boring. :D

yoni
07-11-22, 05:07
Well a friend decided to buy me a CZ P10F Competition. So I should get it and shoot it by the end of the week.

We will see....

Dan_B
07-19-22, 18:06
Well a friend decided to buy me a CZ P10F Competition. So I should get it and shoot it by the end of the week.

We will see....

If you want a 6” this is a very interesting gun http://https://secure.arnzenarms.com/product/staccato/2022-staccato-xl-dpo-9x19mm-6-bull-barrel-stainless-steel-frame-dlc-finish-gen-2-tac-texture-grip (http://secure.arnzenarms.com/product/staccato/2022-staccato-xl-dpo-9x19mm-6-bull-barrel-stainless-steel-frame-dlc-finish-gen-2-tac-texture-grip)

If you want excitement, this guy has me at over 700-800 rds of HST, Gold Dot, Hornady and a couple of AE—it shoots everything but loves 124gr. HST best… This one is mine with Holosun 508T.
http://https://secure.arnzenarms.com/product/atlas-gunworks/artemis-rds-9x19mm-dlc-finish-medium-curved-gold-trigger-alpha-grip-lockback-slide-stop-sub-2lb (http://secure.arnzenarms.com/product/atlas-gunworks/artemis-rds-9x19mm-dlc-finish-medium-curved-gold-trigger-alpha-grip-lockback-slide-stop-sub-2lb)

Dan_B
07-19-22, 18:13
Since we all prefer pictures to words

http://i.imgur.com/EOX5Vlu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KvjKnvI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gOVJqqV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/W906Kmj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hXsPFJ8.jpg

Pappabear
07-19-22, 19:42
Since we all prefer pictures to words

http://i.imgur.com/EOX5Vlu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KvjKnvI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gOVJqqV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/W906Kmj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hXsPFJ8.jpg

Sooo, is that a 9 million dollar gun? Looks nice AF.

PB

jstone
07-19-22, 20:17

Have you looked at the FK BRNO Field Pistol? It is very expensive but I bet it could be made to do what you want. It is a 7.5 cartridge based off of 10mm. You can get 10mm barrels, and a kit for shooting 9mm +p. If you can get a 9mm barrel I don't see why the chamber could not be reamed out for 357 sig. You may also be able to locate the barrel maker and get a barrel that has not been chambered.

Dan_B
07-20-22, 15:43
Sooo, is that a 9 million dollar gun? Looks nice AF.

PB

I guess it’s worth a lot less now—even more less to those big savvy collectors with royalty safes :—)

Even with near irreplaceable SD rounds, it feel great to shoot. My best shooting handgun for sure.

For me, it’s just smooth and beautiful. That combination even gets my Dearest’s approval, so yes to me is worth millions.

yoni
07-20-22, 18:21
I want to thank everyone for the suggestions.

But nothing really got me excited.

Everything is old, everything is new, but where is the innovation?

Univibe
07-21-22, 02:45
I want to thank everyone for the suggestions.

But nothing really got me excited.

Everything is old, everything is new, but where is the innovation?

But Yoni, boring is good! It means the big problems are solved and our Glocks (or equivalents) are nearly optimal. Pliers and screwdrivers are boring. You don't think about a pair of pliers; they just work.

I have fun guns. Smith 629 I load for. 10mm. 1911s. These aren't boring. But on the street, G19.

rlewpolar
07-24-22, 12:42
Those 68 gr. Underwood Extreme Defenders in .357 Sig are back in stock. A Glock 35 with a KKM .357 Sig barrel will do about 2300 fps which is rifle territory. My G35 slide is off to get milled for an RMR. A nice custom holster to accommodate a TLR1 and the whole package will be carried daily. A rifle on my hip, nothing boring about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yoni
07-24-22, 13:52
I have also ordered a KKM barrel but got the 357sig for the model 24, My Glock 35 is going to wear a 6inch barrel, Leupold Delta Micro, grip has been made flat, Overwatch poly DAT trigger and connector. The texture on the grip will be from jb weld mixed with Israeli beach sand, then finished in OD green.

I also have a bunch of Underwood on the way.

Linebacker
07-24-22, 14:18
Shift the focus to target grouping. Tight groups are invigorating.

yoni
07-24-22, 16:05
Shift the focus to target grouping. Tight groups are invigorating.

I am more rifle oriented on tight groups. Not saying I want to spray a target with pistol rounds, so it looks like I shot a shotgun at it. I had a friend that shot pistols in the Olympics, he got as giddy as a little girl over tight groups.

MegademiC
07-24-22, 22:29
I am more rifle oriented on tight groups. Not saying I want to spray a target with pistol rounds, so it looks like I shot a shotgun at it. I had a friend that shot pistols in the Olympics, he got as giddy as a little girl over tight groups.

So I want a 10 shot 2" group at 25yds in 2 sec. Thats my driver. Ive done it slow.

Ymmv, but for me - not boring, if it ever is, ill upgrade to something nicer.

yoni
07-25-22, 03:20
So I want a 10 shot 2" group at 25yds in 2 sec. Thats my driver. Ive done it slow.

Ymmv, but for me - not boring, if it ever is, ill upgrade to something nicer.

You are talking about a skill set, which of course self improvement is never boring.

I just find the object of a handgun has become boring. Very little innovation and creativity in design of pistols for the last decade or so. We have had some people try like the Alien but it is a competition pistol only.

MegademiC
07-25-22, 05:40
So what? I dont think you will get exciting and practical. They are almost opposites.

Its like complaining vehicles are boring, but youll only consider something that can carry the family and gets good gas milage.

Besides using plastic and putting rds on top, what improvements have there been in the last 100years?

pag23
07-25-22, 05:58
I have also ordered a KKM barrel but got the 357sig for the model 24, My Glock 35 is going to wear a 6inch barrel, Leupold Delta Micro, grip has been made flat, Overwatch poly DAT trigger and connector. The texture on the grip will be from jb weld mixed with Israeli beach sand, then finished in OD green.

I also have a bunch of Underwood on the way.

How do you like the Overwatch Trigger .....I keep debating on one for my Gen5 19

yoni
07-27-22, 04:16
How do you like the Overwatch Trigger .....I keep debating on one for my Gen5 19

I bought one to try it and liked it so much that a second one now is in my Glock 35. I basically have 2 pistols that are clones except for caliber, a 34 in 9mm and a 35 in 357SIG and 9mm. The Glock 34 has stayed black for the color of the frame and the 35 is OD green. Both use Leopold Delta Micro red dots, both have the same trigger, trigger bar, connect, trigger return spring, both have grip texture of epoxy mixed with Israeli beach sand, both have the Glock hump removed. As soon as KKM delivers the new 6" barrel in 357 sig, both will sport 6" barrels one from Lone Wolf and then the KKM.

yoni
08-01-22, 10:44
I just picked up a present from a friend a CZ P10F Competition.

I have not shot it yet, but this is not a boring pistol. It fits my hand like no other pistol, the trigger is beyond belief. The triggers in my Glock 34 and 35 I thought were pretty darn good, this is better.

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoringGuy45
08-05-22, 15:47
I just picked up a present from a friend a CZ P10F Competition.

I have not shot it yet, but this is not a boring pistol. It fits my hand like no other pistol, the trigger is beyond belief. The triggers in my Glock 34 and 35 I thought were pretty darn good, this is better.

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

On that note, I've been getting more and more intrigued with the P10C. I have a G19 Gen5 as my EDC/bedside gun, and I like it well enough. But like you, I was very impressed with the P10's trigger. Plus, a lot of G19 holsters apparently fit the P10, and I looked up and confirmed that the ones I have for my Glock are among the ones that reportedly fit the P10C perfectly.

I know when it came out 5 years ago, LAV was less than impressed with it then, but Garand Thumb loved it. What are some of the thoughts here on the quality of the P10C these days? Is it worth adding to the collection?

Waylander
08-05-22, 16:45
On that note, I've been getting more and more intrigued with the P10C. I have a G19 Gen5 as my EDC/bedside gun, and I like it well enough. But like you, I was very impressed with the P10's trigger. Plus, a lot of G19 holsters apparently fit the P10, and I looked up and confirmed that the ones I have for my Glock are among the ones that reportedly fit the P10C perfectly.

I know when it came out 5 years ago, LAV was less than impressed with it then, but Garand Thumb loved it. What are some of the thoughts here on the quality of the P10C these days? Is it worth adding to the collection?

I’ve never owned Glocks but I’m impressed by the latest P10-C. I had the first gen with ambi mag release and it’s collecting dust. The mag release was about the only issue for me which has since been changed to a reversible style.

It’s a good alternative to quite a few options and comes in a lot cheaper. I just got the optic ready LE model with three mags and night sights for less than $500.

It’s not perfect but most people could easily run it without having to change anything unlike the Glock. Especially the trigger.

The slide catch/release is stiff but I don’t use it as a release anyway. The grip is a little harsh for me if I were carrying it but there’s talon or other grips for that.

https://i.ibb.co/JQkWP67/6-E794665-6776-471-F-9-C76-CDFC63-C7-B384.jpg

yoni
08-05-22, 17:03
As most here know I have built a pair of Glocks one in 9mm and the other in 357 sig. These are my carry guns, they have not been made pretty but they have been made functional and meet the mission.

The CZ P10F competition is better feeling in my hand right out of the box, and the trigger is better than triggers I did in my Glocks. It is the first poly framed gun that I like the way it looks and I am going to send the slide out for some cut away action to show off the gold barrel even more. Which I never thought I would do.

mpom
08-05-22, 18:15
Have you fired it yet and what are your impressions?
Toda raba!

Mark (Mordechai)

yoni
08-07-22, 21:48
Mordechai

I am on a business trip, so I have not fired it yet. I will give a report after I do.

Entryteam
08-09-22, 10:13

You know, I used to get excited "looking" at guns. But then I really started to redefine why I own them. What their purpose was/is. My guns... are working guns. Not heirloom pieces or safe queens. I got out of the 1911 game.... sold off some high end 1911s and all the accessories... and bought more working guns, ammo, gear, parts, and training. What now "excites" me about a gun.. is what I can do with it. That is what gets me going now. But... to each his/her own.