PDA

View Full Version : Who makes good grendel mags?

sewvacman
12-20-08, 18:51
I know there's got to be a thread out there where this has been beat to death but I can't find it. Who makes a reliable grendel mag? I assume AA, but how about the much cheaper and in stock (that alone probably answers my question:rolleyes:) C Products? Any other Brands or a threads I can read would be appreciated.:D

mark5pt56
12-21-08, 07:41
I spoke with Bill Alexander on his mags, who made them,etc. C products makes them. I asked why the price difference. According to him, he nickle plates the spring, inpects the follower and feedlip setc--and his base plate. He did say that he's looking into a stronger spring.

Dave L.
12-21-08, 14:10
The mag issue with 6.5 is one of the few reasons I'm not on the bandwagon yet.
(Not that I'm bashing, the platform has lots of potential.)

Bill Alexander
12-21-08, 14:43
Grendel magazines are currently produced by Creative Products, both for themselves and also for AA. Under this arrangement we have been continuing to refine the magazine itself but also hold the quality to ongoing scrutiny. Like any new development there have been a percentage of problem units but this has stemmed from the demand outstripping the tooling capability and each time this has occured the problem has been rectified.

Current mag production has recently modified the follower slightly to help stability and we are undergoing tests for a new spring we call the D spring. The k value between the front and back differs slightly which forms the spring more naturally to the magazine curvature and stops uneven coil stacks. The new finish has lowered the friction internally and we are awaiting tooling changes for a feature to stabilize the mag better in the magazine well. When these changes reach production the reliability of the unit will rival the best of the 5.56 units with excellent long term durability.

If anyone can find a cheap high quality magazine that is in stock and always readily available I guess everyone will want to know as such a creature is rare.

Bill Alexander

sewvacman
12-21-08, 20:21
Current mag production has recently modified the follower slightly to help stability and we are undergoing tests for a new spring we call the D spring. The k value between the front and back differs slightly which forms the spring more naturally to the magazine curvature and stops uneven coil stacks. The new finish has lowered the friction internally and we are awaiting tooling changes for a feature to stabilize the mag better in the magazine well. When these changes reach production the reliability of the unit will rival the best of the 5.56 units with excellent long term durability.

Bill Alexander
Any ETA on the new mags? Pre-AWB or Post-AWB basically. Can we get on some kind of notification list? Will the price go up? Do you have any mags currently in stock?

On a different note, how long will the $90 upper with a barrel/bolt offer be going on as well. My wife isn't getting it for me for christmas. :mad: My birthday is just around the corner though.:D