PDA

View Full Version : Jayland Walker shot "only" 40ish times!

WillBrink
07-04-22, 14:57
Latest event the media is drooling over to race bait just happened. He was shot between 60 and 90 times! To say the LEOs unloaded on the dude would be a under statement.

He was pulled over for a simple traffic stop, took off, shot at the cops from car, ran off and was burned down hard. Gun was found in his car, but he was unarmed when shot up bigly. From the sounds of it, sounds like suicide by cop, maybe even a new category, intentional martyr?

Obviously outrage and riots are likely.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/03/us/jayland-walker-police-shooting-video/index.html

gsd2053
07-04-22, 15:12
https://youtu.be/eKZ1OBhvi9Q

SeriousStudent
07-04-22, 15:23
Latest event the media is drooling over to race bait just happened. He was shot between 60 and 90 times! To say the LEOs unloaded on the dude would be a under statement.

He was pulled over for a simple traffic stop, took off, shot at the cops from car, ran off and was burned down hard. Gun was found in his car, but he was unarmed when shot up bigly. From the sounds of it, sounds like suicide by cop, maybe even a new category, intentional martyr?

Obviously outrage and riots are likely.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/03/us/jayland-walker-police-shooting-video/index.html

And?

You are right, he was pulled over for a simple traffic stop. Which turned into an offense that is Texas we call "Attempted Capital Murder".

Not directed at you, Will. But some people have difficulty understanding that people return fire.

And the article (from CNN, no less) says they are still trying to figure out which wounds are from entrances, and which from exits. So in all likeihood, that number of 90 drops way down. <insert giant roll eyes smiley here>

I get your point, but it's incredible how few times you get shot by police when you do try to kill them first. That's a low positive integer.

WillBrink
07-04-22, 15:31
And?

You are right, he was pulled over for a simple traffic stop. Which turned into an offense that is Texas we call "Attempted Capital Murder".

Not directed at you, Will. But some people have difficulty understanding that people return fire.

And the article (from CNN, no less) says they are still trying to figure out which wounds are from entrances, and which from exits. So in all likeihood, that number of 90 drops way down. <insert giant roll eyes smiley here>

I get your point, but it's incredible how few times you get shot by police when you do try to kill them first. That's a low positive integer.

Being shot 60 or so times kinda stings no doubt. Best way to avoid that is probably to not shoot at the cops, but what do I know?

AndyLate
07-04-22, 15:32
Its a tragedy, to be sure. All he had to do was man up and take the arrest, assuming he was rolling dirty or the gun he had was stolen. His family would still have a son, he would still have years in front of him, and some officers would not have their lives destroyed.

Andy

Backfire
07-04-22, 16:07
90 is not enough, it's symbolic of societal intolerance to thugs and the lifestyle. /pushes back in recliner and opens a cold one...

Backfire
07-04-22, 16:16
Flashback...

https://youtu.be/Z5u-lI2DizE

C-grunt
07-04-22, 16:25
From what ive read online the stop was because the car matched the description of a suspect vehicle from an earlier violent crime. So a minor traffic violation might have been the pretext for the stop, that's not why they were trying to stop the vehicle.

However I haven't seen anything official stating this.

titsonritz
07-04-22, 17:07
Damn, 60-90 times? How many rounds did they torch off...700?

Artos
07-04-22, 17:09
Thank God for body cams...lotsa footage. I'm sure it helped some logical thinking locals understand that it now wasn't a shooting of the unarmed in the back. You can see the shots from the air / LE in pursuit on record of shots fired to dispatch. Then he gets out of the car with a face mask & tasers failed. It was when he turned back to look while running that unleashed the lead.

Outlander Systems
07-04-22, 17:09
I’m surprised nobody noticed homie’s name was, “Jaywalker.”

ABNAK
07-04-22, 17:18
Akron is a little shithole city in Ohio (I know, I'm originally from the nearby Youngstown area, also a little shithole city). He shot at the cops while fleeing. Therefore no fvcks given.

I am not a cop-basher and I am not a cop-worshipper. I felt Chauvin screwed up royally (my personal opinion). So far in this episode I see nothing to indict the cops over, save for a "jump on board" adrenaline dump.....one or two guys open fire and it's suddenly Katie-bar-the-door for a mag dump. Whatever; shoot at the cops and shit goes south like this.

The Cretans do not care what actually happens. They want them some Nikes and TV's. If they go that route I sincerely hope every last g-damn one of them gets terminated post haste.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-04-22, 17:22
Damn, 60-90 times? How many rounds did they torch off...700?

If this were in NYC, they would have had to use a mini-gun to get that many hits.

8 cops, 90 wounds- entrance/exit for some? You know couple of guys mag dumped, and a couple shot a few times.

Is there actual video- I'll take the complilation- but CNN just shows with out sound a few seconds. I'd like to see from the car stopping to the end form each officer.

9mm I assume? How many lungs did this guy have? Biden said it only takes one 9mm round...

gaijin
07-04-22, 19:34
Akron is a little shithole city in Ohio (I know, I'm originally from the nearby Youngstown area, also a little shithole city). He shot at the cops while fleeing. Therefore no fvcks given.

I am not a cop-basher and I am not a cop-worshipper. I felt Chauvin screwed up royally (my personal opinion). So far in this episode I see nothing to indict the cops over, save for a "jump on board" adrenaline dump.....one or two guys open fire and it's suddenly Katie-bar-the-door for a mag dump. Whatever; shoot at the cops and shit goes south like this.

The Cretans do not care what actually happens. They want them some Nikes and TV's. If they go that route I sincerely hope every last g-damn one of them gets terminated post haste.

Well said. I hope they do too.

GTF425
07-04-22, 19:43
I’m surprised nobody noticed homie’s name was, “Jaywalker.”

J'walker is officially Hood Canon now.

duece71
07-04-22, 20:00
The lungs were completely blown out of the body. Nothing left, nada…….
‘Proceeds to reload 9mm, just more quietly’

Wake27
07-04-22, 20:31
Will, where’d you get 90 times?

It’s really showing that some people aren’t reading the linked article. It mentioned 60 wounds but it hasn’t been determined how many are entrance wounds. Several people here need to slow down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vicious_cb
07-04-22, 20:42
I hope the guy in the back with the AR was able to get his mag dump on , everyone keeps calling for diversity, we can't have just 9mm in there, .223 needs some action too.

ABNAK
07-04-22, 20:52
Will, where’d you get 90 times?

It’s really showing that some people aren’t reading the linked article. It mentioned 60 wounds but it hasn’t been determined how many are entrance wounds. Several people here need to slow down.

I think it was reported that they fired 90 rounds total, and hit with ~ 60.

Outlander Systems
07-04-22, 20:55
Lmfaoooo

J'walker is officially Hood Canon now.

SteyrAUG
07-04-22, 22:00
He was pulled over for a simple traffic stop, took off, shot at the cops from car, ran off

Shot once, shot twenty times, shot a hundred and fifty times...so long as no innocent bystanders weren't shot...good shoot.

General rule, don't shoot at cops and they won't shoot back. Follow up to general rule, just because YOU shot shooting at cops, doesn't mean they HAVE to stop shooting back.

WillieThom
07-04-22, 22:18
I’ve yet to watch it, but figured it’s worth a post. It’s my opinion that Donut Operator usually does a pretty good job on these breakdowns.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u-dhQC_9nI0

lowprone
07-04-22, 22:18
No $^@*'# given .

titsonritz
07-04-22, 22:31
If only the police hadn't chased him...

WillBrink
07-05-22, 07:17
Shot once, shot twenty times, shot a hundred and fifty times...so long as no innocent bystanders weren't shot...good shoot.

General rule, don't shoot at cops and they won't shoot back. Follow up to general rule, just because YOU shot shooting at cops, doesn't mean they HAVE to stop shooting back.

Could be 100 even for all I care, if the fact patterns as we know them currently are accurate.

ViperTwoSix
07-05-22, 08:05
If this were in NYC, they would have had to use a mini-gun to get that many hits.

8 cops, 90 wounds- entrance/exit for some? You know couple of guys mag dumped, and a couple shot a few times.

Is there actual video- I'll take the complilation- but CNN just shows with out sound a few seconds. I'd like to see from the car stopping to the end form each officer.

9mm I assume? How many lungs did this guy have? Biden said it only takes one 9mm round...

Akron PD video release. Has video from all 13 body cameras from just before the car stop to just after shots fired.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m8HfS2jZ0RU

ViperTwoSix
07-05-22, 08:14
I’ll play devils advocate for a minute. The issue isn’t going to be the earlier violent crime, the pretext traffic stop, or the justification for deadly force. The issue will be that officers continued to shoot long after the guy was down. You have one officer yelling “cease fire” multiple times while others continue to shoot. I’m not saying the shooting itself wasn’t justified, but these are the areas that will be latched onto and replayed by media over and over.

On another note- there was one story that he was just a door dash delivery driver trying to do his job… I find that extremely hard to believe after he shoots at police and then bails out wearing a ski mask. It wasn’t that cold in Akron last week.

ChattanoogaPhil
07-05-22, 08:28
When the suspect stopped the vehicle several officers approached the vehicle but did not shoot. When the suspect exited the vehicle and fled on foot several officers pursued on foot but did not begin shooting. What occurred during the foot pursuit that suddenly changed the judgment of all those officers that lethal was required?

gsd2053
07-05-22, 09:00
When the suspect stopped the vehicle several officers approached the vehicle but did not shoot. When the suspect exited the vehicle and fled on foot several officers pursued on foot but did not begin shooting. What occurred during the foot pursuit that suddenly changed the judgment of all those officers that lethal was required?

The department said he " Quickly Stopped and Turned Towards the pursuing officers.

They knew he had a gun and had already discharge it in the Pursuit.

I would say that they were justified. If you use deadly force and are reasonably thought to be about to do so again.

If he were ready to give up after letting it be known he had possession of a deadly weapon. You better hold your hands up high, and it's best not to face off to those you just fired off a shot in proximity of.

Backfire
07-05-22, 09:27
I miss Jayland, he always delivered my Tacobell warm, even the tacos weren't soggy

https://youtu.be/BG6EtT-mReM

ChattanoogaPhil
07-06-22, 07:35
Lawyers... sigh... yeah, and maybe the suspect was on his way to go snow skiing in July, and accidentally put his foot on the gas pedal instead of the brake when police attempted to pull him over. It could happen, right?

Bobby DiCello, a lawyer for the Walker family, said Mr. Walker had only recently obtained the gun. “Jayland was not familiar with firearms, and we do not know if it accidentally fired,” he said.

WillBrink
07-06-22, 07:44
Lawyers... sigh... yeah, and maybe the suspect was on his way to go snow skiing in July, and accidentally put his foot on the gas pedal instead of the brake when police attempted to pull him over. It could happen, right?

Bobby DiCello, a lawyer for the Walker family, said Mr. Walker had only recently obtained the gun. “Jayland was not familiar with firearms, and we do not know if it accidentally fired,” he said.

LOL. We will never know now as he's got a lot of new holes now he was not born with. Play stupid games...

Backfire
07-06-22, 08:10
I would hazard a guess that the amount of bullets could be related to perceived threat. If the dude is a high threat you will instinctively smoke him fast and thoroughly.
Sort of lime the Indian guy in predator that uses a minigun to cut trees in half because he heard a noise. Thing was empty and still spinning the barrel...

WillBrink
07-06-22, 08:53
I would hazard a guess that the amount of bullets could be related to perceived threat. If the dude is a high threat you will instinctively smoke him fast and thoroughly.
Sort of lime the Indian guy in predator that uses a minigun to cut trees in half because he heard a noise. Thing was empty and still spinning the barrel...

Anyone know who watched TJ Hooker and other highly accurate cop shows, they should have shot him in both knee caps as he ran off, gave him a good lecture about flying straight once his legal problems settled, and credits roll.

P2Vaircrewman
07-06-22, 09:32
This seems to be be flying under the msm radar.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/who-brandon-keith-ned-gunman-shot-death-police-attacking-texas-sports-complex-summer-camp

ViperTwoSix
07-06-22, 09:47
This seems to be be flying under the msm radar.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/who-brandon-keith-ned-gunman-shot-death-police-attacking-texas-sports-complex-summer-camp

It doesn’t fit the mold so it’s not national newsworthy.

Backfire
07-06-22, 11:01
Anyone know who watched TJ Hooker and other highly accurate cop shows, they should have shot him in both knee caps as he ran off, gave him a good lecture about flying straight once his legal problems settled, and credits roll.

Dude! Your a fan also? Great doing research with ya.

WillBrink
07-06-22, 11:55
Dude! Your a fan also? Great doing research with ya.

I only watched that POS show for Heather Locklear, who I had a big crush for at the time.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-06-22, 12:37
I keep reading the title as a jay walker Shot 60-90 times….

titsonritz
07-06-22, 15:58

Did he accidently put on a ski mask and run from the cops, too?

titsonritz
07-06-22, 16:01

McGarrett would have done it from the hip with his snub-nose .38.

titsonritz
07-06-22, 16:03
I keep reading the title as a jay walker Shot 60-90 times….

That'll teach the asshole to use a cross-walk, let it be a lesson to all. :jester:

pag23
07-06-22, 18:08
All the guy had to do.....was pull over and stop the car, then deal with the legal stuff in court

WillBrink
07-06-22, 18:51
All the guy had to do.....was pull over and stop the car, then deal with the legal stuff in court

That would involve taking some personal responsibility like an adult man, and that's an outdated notion for many in our modern culture.

titsonritz
07-06-22, 19:19
"Comply, don't die" is a pretty complex and difficult to understand concept, kinda like "shall not be infringed".

sgtrock82
07-06-22, 19:39
"Comply, don't die" is a pretty complex and difficult to understand concept, kinda like "shall not be infringed".
Not sure I like that. It sounds like exactly the sort of thing you'd yell at people not wanting to be infringed upon.

I prefer something like "Take yo' nickle like a boss, dawg!" ....All Cliched and cheesy like.

C-grunt
07-06-22, 19:53
Watching the unedited video on Donut Operators "raw videos" channel.... There's A LOT of low misses in that video. I bet a good amount of those "bullet wounds" are shrapnel from bullets hitting the ground in front of him.

ChattanoogaPhil
07-07-22, 07:45
Interesting remarks from the NAACP. If only there had been more people wearing ski masks shooting guns from inside the vehicle...

----------

“He was outgunned, outmanned,” Akron NAACP President Judi Hill said Sunday. “There’s just no reason for any of this. They knew there was only one person in that vehicle.”

More here: https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/news/local/2022/07/03/akron-police-shooting-jayland-walker-leaders-condemn/7796402001/

WillBrink
07-07-22, 08:03
Interesting remarks from the NAACP. If only there had been more people wearing ski masks shooting guns from inside the vehicle...

----------

“He was outgunned, outmanned,” Akron NAACP President Judi Hill said Sunday. “There’s just no reason for any of this. They knew there was only one person in that vehicle.”

More here: https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/news/local/2022/07/03/akron-police-shooting-jayland-walker-leaders-condemn/7796402001/

I'd sure as chit hope so. It should be as one sided as possible. Did every LEO there need to open up on the guy? No, but once someone starts, and red light goes off in their head it's due to deadly threat, that's what happens. No one waits to see what the "appropriate" number of shooters is to neutralize the threat, nor should they. It's your bad day when their happens to be that many shooters trained on you when you decide to be an A hole.

The real issue is where all the rnds that didn't contact the target went. Sounds like they didn't have to worry about that, or at least I hope they didn't.

07-07-22, 08:51
That would involve taking some personal responsibility like an adult man, and that's an outdated notion for many in our modern culture.

I don’t think thats a new problem. We’ve got a whole sport that evolved from bootleggers running from the popo. I believe King Solomon was quoted “there is nothing new under the sun” in the Old Testament.

ChattanoogaPhil
07-07-22, 10:23
I'd sure as chit hope so. It should be as one sided as possible. Did every LEO there need to open up on the guy? No, but once someone starts, and red light goes off in their head it's due to deadly threat, that's what happens. No one waits to see what the "appropriate" number of shooters is to neutralize the threat, nor should they. It's your bad day when their happens to be that many shooters trained on you when you decide to be an A hole.

The real issue is where all the rnds that didn't contact the target went. Sounds like they didn't have to worry about that, or at least I hope they didn't.

Obviously the first officer in pursuit overreacted. Radio call should have been: Looks like only one gun is being fired from the vehicle. Relax guys, no need for backup. I got this.

WillBrink
07-07-22, 10:37
Obviously the first officer in pursuit overreacted. Radio call should have been: Looks like only one gun is being fired from the vehicle. Relax guys, no need for backup. I got this.

I can't comment on that one. I can say if someone shooting at me, I'm more then happy to have 20 armed people with me to return the favor.

mig1nc
07-07-22, 10:50
I'm going to guess that in the end it will be like about a hundred or so fired, I'd guess maybe 30 hits, say 25 exit wounds, five frag wounds.

Of course I'm pulling that out of my back side. But who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChattanoogaPhil
07-07-22, 11:39
I can't comment on that one. I can say if someone shooting at me, I'm more then happy to have 20 armed people with me to return the favor.

I'd think any reasonably intelligent person would agree. That said, the many comments in the linked article are 180 degrees opposite from what I consider a reasonably intelligent person would say. Seems there's a growing opposite universe of thinking.

What of a nutbird would even remotely suggest that the problem is the suspect was outgunned and outmanned by law enforcement? Need more pipe-hitting armed homies to make things equitable? sigh...

Backfire
07-07-22, 11:49

Exactly my point, adequate response to a percieved threat, like the TJ hooker episode.

Sam
07-07-22, 12:04
It's pure match and the time we're in. Math, 8 policemen, let's say 90 shots were fired total (maybe more), that's an average of 11 shots a piece. Sign of the time, police now carry Glocks or something similar with at least 17 rounds in the mag. When one cuts loose, the rest will shoot, either until the gun is empty or somehow their brains kicks in an recognize the target is down. 11 shots doesn't take long to fire off. In the video, if someone actually listens, at least one officer could be heard yelling, "seize fire" several times. It took a couple of seconds before the shooting stopped.

In the old days of 6 shot revolvers, they probably would have stopped a lot sooner .... when their guns go click instead of boom.

All the Akron PD needs is put Ayoob on the stand as an expert witness and he'll "shoot" down the excessive force in no time.

WillBrink
07-07-22, 12:16
I'd think any reasonably intelligent person would agree. That said, the many comments in the linked article are 180 degrees opposite from what I consider a reasonably intelligent person would say. Seems there's a growing opposite universe of thinking.

What of a nutbird would even remotely suggest that the problem is the suspect was outgunned and outmanned by law enforcement? Need more pipe-hitting armed homies to make things equitable? sigh...

Which eliminates a rather large % of the US population currently, and it's not getting any better.

WillBrink
07-07-22, 12:22
Exactly my point, adequate response to a percieved threat, like the TJ hooker episode.

Are we talking adequate or reasonable? If you shoot at me, I consider it adequate and reasonable for an AC130 gun ship to convert you to pink mist. That may also be yet another reason I could not be an LEO. The more LEOs I knew back in the day I was of age and they encouraging me to consider LE, the less interested I became, and that was well before current anti LE wokeness BS entered the scene.

While might have made a decent LEO, I do not have the temperament for it, and today? Oh hell no. While I wish they were not leaving in large numbers as they are, I totally understand why they are.

WillBrink
07-07-22, 12:28
It's pure match and the time we're in. Math, 8 policemen, let's say 90 shots were fired total (maybe more), that's an average of 11 shots a piece. Sign of the time, police now carry Glocks or something similar with at least 17 rounds in the mag. When one cuts loose, the rest will shoot, either until the gun is empty or somehow their brains kicks in an recognize the target is down. 11 shots doesn't take long to fire off. In the video, if someone actually listens, at least one officer could be heard yelling, "seize fire" several times. It took a couple of seconds before the shooting stopped.

In the old days of 6 shot revolvers, they probably would have stopped a lot sooner .... when their guns go click instead of boom.

All the Akron PD needs is put Ayoob on the stand as an expert witness and he'll "shoot" down the excessive force in no time.

Never been on a two way range, but click and no boom seems like one of the most awful of sounds I can think of if there's even a remote chance the threat still exists and where those combat reload practices pay off.

JimP
07-07-22, 15:22
Never been on a two way range, but click and no boom seems like one of the most awful of sounds I can think of if there's even a remote chance the threat still exists and where those combat reload practices pay off.

Ha!! My favorite quotes from Son Tay raider Paul Poole's teaching us at Mott lake back in the day: "Never dry fire in a gunfight," "That click you hear on an empty chamber is the loudest thing you'll ever hear," "K, let's go downrange and laugh at the targets."

Aries144
07-07-22, 17:03
maybe even a new category, intentional martyr?

Oh, you're not allowed to suggest that! Is he allowed to suggest that? Did society give you permission to think something like that?!

Conspiracy theorist! Fascist! Curious intellectual!

;)

If you can imagine it, someone else can. Humans do weird, out of the ordinary things at the best of times. Turn the pressure up and we revert to our base tribal instincts. Violent criminal behavior is often associated with narcissism. Maybe that could have been an attempt at a Hail Mary play to come out the other side of arrest as a hero that played out with the odds?

sgtrock82
07-08-22, 06:30
Honestly, when the car was slow rolling and the officers basically catching up on foot, I swore the perp was going to hop out of the car, dance a little jig next to the still rolling car, then attempt to hop back in and drive off. I thought it would devolve into one of those videos.

hotbiggun42
07-08-22, 21:48
If I shot a home intruder 90 times would I be arrested?

Averageman
07-08-22, 22:17
Honestly I don't have a problem with the Cops shooting this guy 60-90 times.
I think they should get rid of " To Protect and Serve" in some places and just put" If You Shoot at Us We Will Shoot Back."

wahoo95
07-08-22, 22:31
Too bad those cops weren't the ones to arrive PM the scene in Uvalde, Highland Park, or Buffalo.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

OutofBatt3ry
07-08-22, 22:33

lol. Rules for thee, but not for the King's men.

mig1nc
07-09-22, 07:25

The bigger question is if you had 8 or however many buddies and you all shot the guy a total of 90+ times, what would happen to you all?

hotbiggun42
07-09-22, 18:15
The bigger question is if you had 8 or however many buddies and you all shot the guy a total of 90+ times, what would happen to you all?

That would be called a lynching.

C-grunt
07-10-22, 00:13
I investigated a self defense shooting where the home owner (technically apartment renter) shot 45 rounds at the bad guy. Hit him once in the leg. Nothing happened to him.

07-10-22, 08:48
I investigated a self defense shooting where the home owner (technically apartment renter) shot 45 rounds at the bad guy. Hit him once in the leg. Nothing happened to him.
I’d love to hear more about that scenario. Sounds like a straight-up battle.

WillBrink
07-10-22, 09:22

False equivalent. Each event must be viewed on its own merits and fact patterns. Also depends a lot on which state it happened, the DA who wants to make an example of you to further their career, etc, etc. Any attempts some 1:1 parallels is worthless.

Do that in CA, NY, or CT, and you're F-ed. Do it in TX, FL, and KS, you'd likley be OK, dependent on fact patterns and state laws.

You and I don't have qualified immunity, but we also don't spend our day all day for decades dealing with people on their worst behaviors and the risks that entails.

I could not do that job, and am happy and grateful someone still willing to do it.

Your mileage may differ...

mig1nc
07-10-22, 11:17

Bet he didn't get his security deposit back.

C-grunt
07-10-22, 19:52

Couple upper middle class/upper class college kids in a high dollar apartment decide to buy some weed for an upcoming party. They get a number for a dealer and invite him to their apartment for the transaction. Being naive rich kids they didnt realize inviting a drug dealer you dont know to your house and letting them know you will have large amounts of money is a bad idea. The dealer rolls up with his homie and rob the two kids. One answered the door while the other was in the bedroom. The dealers roll in with guns drawn and make it very obvious they were robbing the two victims. the kid in the bedroom jumps out with a Glock 19 and gets in a shootout in the hallway/kitchen with one of the robbers. He empties the mag and retreats into the bedroom where he grabs his AR and unloads the mag down the hallway at the guy in the kitchen. He absolutely obliterated his fridge and a few cabinets. Luckily the wall was brick and concrete so nothing made it through into the adjacent apartment. The one robber took a 9mm through the thigh and the other ran off and bailed on his buddy.

Obviously the kids didn't admit they were buying drugs.

hotbiggun42
07-11-22, 08:38
False equivalent. Each event must be viewed on its own merits and fact patterns. Also depends a lot on which state it happened, the DA who wants to make an example of you to further their career, etc, etc. Any attempts some 1:1 parallels is worthless.

Do that in CA, NY, or CT, and you're F-ed. Do it in TX, FL, and KS, you'd likley be OK, dependent on fact patterns and state laws.

You and I don't have qualified immunity, but we also don't spend our day all day for decades dealing with people on their worst behaviors and the risks that entails.

I could not do that job, and am happy and grateful someone still willing to do it.

Your mileage may differ...

Great response and i dont disagree with anything you wrote.

WillBrink
07-11-22, 10:03
Great response and i dont disagree with anything you wrote.

I can't see how it could be any other way. LEOs here would have better intel on that then I do, but that's my take.

07-11-22, 12:03
Thanks.

Couple upper middle class/upper class college kids in a high dollar apartment decide to buy some weed for an upcoming party. They get a number for a dealer and invite him to their apartment for the transaction. Being naive rich kids they didnt realize inviting a drug dealer you dont know to your house and letting them know you will have large amounts of money is a bad idea. The dealer rolls up with his homie and rob the two kids. One answered the door while the other was in the bedroom. The dealers roll in with guns drawn and make it very obvious they were robbing the two victims. the kid in the bedroom jumps out with a Glock 19 and gets in a shootout in the hallway/kitchen with one of the robbers. He empties the mag and retreats into the bedroom where he grabs his AR and unloads the mag down the hallway at the guy in the kitchen. He absolutely obliterated his fridge and a few cabinets. Luckily the wall was brick and concrete so nothing made it through into the adjacent apartment. The one robber took a 9mm through the thigh and the other ran off and bailed on his buddy.

Obviously the kids didn't admit they were buying drugs.

C-grunt
07-15-22, 10:50
Autopsy report says 41 entrance wounds and a few graze wounds.

markm
07-15-22, 11:21
This stupid felon should have lived on the upper east coast... Boston/New York. The story would have read "90 shots fired at asshole, and none of them hit the suspect"

JimP
07-16-22, 09:36
Its a tragedy, to be sure. All he had to do was man up and take the arrest, assuming he was rolling dirty or the gun he had was stolen. His family would still have a son, he would still have years in front of him, and some officers would not have their lives destroyed.

Andy

just "why" is it a tragedy? I'm not making light of the death, but why do we instinctively call these situations tragedies? Guy was a thug. Thug shot at the police. Police returned fire (not inordinately due to the engagement dynamics). Why a tragedy?

WillBrink
07-16-22, 10:33
Autopsy report says 41 entrance wounds and a few graze wounds.

I have edited the title. :dance3:

WillBrink
07-16-22, 10:36
This stupid felon should have lived on the upper east coast... Boston/New York. The story would have read "90 shots fired at asshole, and none of them hit the suspect"

The national average is 80% miss/hit ratio. It's possible those areas skew the national numbers, I don't know. Of those two cities listed, had various pals on that PD, including the recently retired commissioner, and shot at their range many times.

I got stories...