PDA

View Full Version : Neo seems like a decent guy

flenna
07-08-22, 17:37
This isn’t the first time I’ve read about KR just being a nice guy and randomly taking time out for his fans.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/keanu-reeves-answers-kids-questions-baggage-claim

titsonritz
07-08-22, 18:26
Not just "randomly taking time out for his fans", it seems every public interaction the man has he is just a genuine standup guy. I recall years back some dumbass ran into his motorcycle and he dealt with it like a normal human being rather than so many Hollywood types going ballistic and pulling the "you know who I am" BS. With regard to firearms it pleases me that he is really seriously into it rather than so many of his peers that hold the icky things simply for a pay check.

flenna
07-08-22, 18:30
Not just "randomly taking time out for his fans", it seems every public interaction the man has he is just a genuine standup guy. I recall years back some dumbass ran into his motorcycle and he dealt with it like a normal human being rather than so many Hollywood types going ballistic and pulling the "you know who I am" BS. With regard to firearms it pleases me that he is really seriously into it rather than so many of his peers that hold the icky things simply for a pay check.

Maybe “random” is the wrong word but what I meant is just unplanned and anytime he is out in public.

BoringGuy45
07-08-22, 22:20
A friend of our family met him years ago. She confirmed he is genuinely a really nice guy. He seems like he treats acting like it's a job and it doesn't make him any more special than anybody else.

He is among the few actors that I've only heard good things about in terms of personality, also including Hugh Jackman, Chris Pratt, Steve Carrell, and Adam Sandler.

Tanner
07-09-22, 07:57
There is no reason for 'these guys' not to be nice, millions in earnings for acting, damn good life as a result. If anyone should be pissd and mean its their maids and the pool boy :-)

tn1911
07-09-22, 09:18
I met Jay Leno once and he was super nice took time to chat with everyone for about 30 minutes until his driver reminded him they didn’t have much time left to make his appointment.

LoboTBL
07-09-22, 09:47
I've never met the man but I cannot think of anything negative anyone has ever said about Keanu Reeves.

I've actually met and spoken with several 'celebrities' over the years, mainly because I was assigned to a major airport for a large portion of my career. Among the friendliest I ever met and spoke with was Morgan Freeman, especially considering the fact that I couldn't immediately recall his name but recognized him. Woody Harrelson was genuinely friendly as was Lyle Lovett. I watched Robin Williams give an impromtu stand up performance at a terminal gate during an extended weather delay that essentially took all of the pissed off passengers' minds off the fact that they weren't going to be where they had hoped to be. Talked to him for a few minutes and thanked him for what he'd done and he asked how long I'd been an officer and said he appreciated what I did. Those are the ones that really stick out in my memory.

Not all celebrities are self absorbed a**holes and most are happy to engage in at least a brief conversation. Some others, not so much.

flenna
08-30-22, 18:20
KR being a genuine nice guy again.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/keanu-reeves-crashes-couples-wedding-england-out-of-this-world

SteyrAUG
08-30-22, 18:58
Good for him, but honestly why wouldn't he?

I'll never understand the "I met celebrity so and so and they were really nice." Give me a few million dollars and I'll be the nicest guy you ever met in your life.

And the athletes, film stars and performers who can't take the time out to be nice to the people who literally put money in their pockets, I'll never understand. When I was a kid, I lived a few blocks from Plantation Golf Estates which is just one of the many locations where Jackie Gleason owned a home and you always knew when he was in town because there would be about 60 kids watching him tee off (Smoky and the Bandit just came out the year before so all the kids knew who he was).

And even though he was there to relax and play golf, he always walked over to sign autographs and talk to the kids, answer questions. He was a really nice guy and not one year did he fail to come talk to everyone. That was also when even kids knew enough to not bother him when he was actually playing golf.

Famous people don't have to go the extra mile and rescue stranded hikers like Harrison Ford did, although I think that makes him a better person than a LOT of people. But it pains me that "just being a nice guy" is treated as unique. It's how everyone is supposed to act and honestly if a person can't do that "minimum standard of decency" nobody should support them let alone spend money watching them do whatever it is they do as performers.

chuckman
08-30-22, 21:02
A friend of our family met him years ago. She confirmed he is genuinely a really nice guy. He seems like he treats acting like it's a job and it doesn't make him any more special than anybody else.

He is among the few actors that I've only heard good things about in terms of personality, also including Hugh Jackman, Chris Pratt, Steve Carrell, and Adam Sandler.

I know someone who met Chris Pratt, has "worked with him" from time to time. He really likes him, says he's an awesome guy.