PDA

View Full Version : Noveske: N4 Light Carbine vs. N4 Light Reece

Armadillo
12-20-08, 23:45
I am wondering why the Reece is more expensive.

If money were no object, which configuration would you get?

The N4 Light Reece Basic with VIS looks great because the upper is one piece. I guess that makes it more durable.

I really don't want to bother calling up Noveske even though they have great customer service. I know things are busy there and do not want to take time away from their paying customers. Sheri is a pleasure to talk to though!:D

I hope to buy a rifle before things get worse but need to consider all configurations before placing the order.

If anybody has anything to say, I'd be happy to listen.

I am glad I found a community here where I can ask questions.

Thanks!!!

Paladin4415
12-21-08, 00:41
Either one is a fine choice. My N4 carbine is my favorite right now. The unfortunate part is that John is not taking orders for complete rifles right now, and may not be for some time. He is just that far behind on backorders.

Army Chief
12-21-08, 02:00
The Recce is the preferred configuration in the eyes of most who are seeking a 16" carbine, as it features a mid-length gas system. Most of the other differences between these two models are more subtle.

I opted for the 14.5" Stainless Afghan VIS, which is/was about the only way to get a mid-length system on a sub 16" SS barrel and still take advantage of the polyithic VIS receiver.

John's constantly tweaking the recipes, of course, but no one builds a better rifle.

Chief

NoBody
12-21-08, 07:19
Deleted.

dobe
12-21-08, 07:54
What can one expect to pay for those two rifles?

NoBody
12-21-08, 09:13
Deleted.

Copis
12-21-08, 09:31
The unfortunate part is that John is not taking orders for complete rifles right now, and may not be for some time. He is just that far behind on backorders.

hopefully that might change