PDA

View Full Version : Tehran claims ‘capable of building nuclear bomb'

tn1911
07-17-22, 13:45
https://www.jpost.com/middle-east-news/iran-news/article-712327

Anyone live near Whiteman Air Force Base?

Any sightings of bigass flying bats headed east?

SomeOtherGuy
07-17-22, 13:58
Never fear, I'm sure "Biden" and the "real adults" will deal with this effectively and promptly.

More likely to see a C-5 full of cash going to Tehran than any kind of kinetic response.

SteyrAUG
07-17-22, 20:26
Israel to the white courtesy phone, Israel to the white courtesy phone please.

I think they have an app for that.

yoni
07-18-22, 03:40
Landing rights for Israeli planes have been given by Saudi Arabia. It has little to do with the haj, and everything to do with Iran.

SteyrAUG
07-18-22, 03:50
Landing rights for Israeli planes have been given by Saudi Arabia. It has little to do with the haj, and everything to do with Iran.

Yeah, but we both know if they actually get something functional who is going to have the first inbound. From time to time Israel has been known to play a little offense as needed, this might be one of those times.

That is what pissed me off about the Obama / Kerry plan, with the US supporting their nuclear ambitions (which we were assured were 100% peaceful and you can accept that a martyr state would never lie), it actually put us at odds with Israel who has a valid self defense concern.

Either by design or from ignorance Israel was looking at allowing a sworn enemy to develop a covert offensive nuclear capability or scuttle a US / Iran "Plan for Peace."

And things like Stuxnet can only accomplish so much and are usually a one shot deal

yoni
07-18-22, 05:22
Israel has been fighting a covert war, for years inside Iran. Killing key scientist and members of the IRG, plus destroying a lot of infrastructure. Plus of course stealing about 60% of the classified material on nukes that Iran had. Why only 60%, could get enough trucks, without raising red flags.

Alpha-17
07-18-22, 09:01
I'm sure it'll be a peaceful nuclear weapon, only for domestic energy reasons.

utahjeepr
07-18-22, 09:12
Up next, Poopypants trades nuclear ICBMs for Iranian oil.

To "save democracy",

And "for the children".

ETA: Then of course the oil gets shipped to China, Hunter gets a cut, and 20% for the big guy.

kirkland
07-18-22, 12:55
But I thought the Obama Iran deal guaranteed they would stop their nuclear procurement program

Hank6046
07-18-22, 13:15
Thanks Obama...

yoni
07-18-22, 18:25
I really am only slightly worried about Iranian nukes.

If we had no other choice, then you might even see the Saudis buy a couple of nukes from Israel to hit key locations. wink wink

gsd2053
07-18-22, 18:44
I just assumed they already had it.

SteyrAUG
07-18-22, 19:44

If we had no other choice, then you might even see the Saudis buy a couple of nukes from Israel to hit key locations. wink wink

That is the real actual threat, maintaining that Sunni / Shia balance. If Iran really did go nuclear, Saudi would demand to have the same capacity and then we'd have another India / Pakistan only with two crazier wild cards. That is why it is in everyone's interest to not allow Iran a nuclear capacity. It would be a bigger flashpoint than Berlin in the 1960s.

lowprone
07-19-22, 20:55
We probably already do , come on man !

Univibe
07-21-22, 02:28
Up next, Poopypants trades nuclear ICBMs for Iranian oil.

To "save democracy",

And "for the children".

ETA: Then of course the oil gets shipped to China, Hunter gets a cut, and 20% for the big guy.

That might happen. I doubt it extremely. But there is precedent.

The Gipper traded missiles to the Ayatollah for hostages and money for the Contras. To "fight communism." Maybe for the children. But I can't remember.

No troll, just fact.

Now, as to "capability. "

A number of countries could build at least a boosted fission bomb pretty quickly. Experts have opined that Japan could have a deliverable nuke in a year from starting. They have everything they need: a nuclear energy industry, money, scientists, engineers, skilled workers. I'd bet a bucket of yen that they have the plans drawn up, just in case.

South Korea also. Mexico runs nuclear power down south and they could build one. Germany could do it (Israel might veto that).

If Trump had stayed in office, and scuttled NATO and other mutual defense pacts, or if Trump / Desantis / Somebody takes power in 2024, you'll see a new arms race among our former Allies.

lowprone
07-21-22, 16:46
Use it during the State of the Union address please !

WillBrink
07-21-22, 17:05

If the Israelis felt it was a credible threat, and I have little doubts they know exactly where the production locations are, wouldn't they have already been making their F15 runs on those locations? Has Israel lost the will for such things?

SteyrAUG
07-21-22, 19:30
That might happen. I doubt it extremely. But there is precedent.

The Gipper traded missiles to the Ayatollah for hostages and money for the Contras. To "fight communism." Maybe for the children. But I can't remember.

No troll, just fact.

Technically true, but HAWK and TOW missiles are not what most people think of when we say missiles. We proxied much bigger shit to ISIS and the Taliban.

yoni
07-21-22, 19:30
Israel is working with impunity inside Iran.

Killing key people almost on a weekly basis and grabbing other key people off the streets and interrogating them inside Iran.

I think very soon we will see something dramatic inside Iran.

The key is to do it correctly so it will cause a revolution in Iran. The people are suffering from a lack of gasoline, food and other goods. Many are tired of the transplanted religion of Islam. It is going to get fun.

SteyrAUG
07-21-22, 19:31
If the Israelis felt it was a credible threat, and I have little doubts they know exactly where the production locations are, wouldn't they have already been making their F15 runs on those locations? Has Israel lost the will for such things?

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/israel-has-extended-the-range-of-its-f-35s-report

WillBrink
07-21-22, 21:54
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/israel-has-extended-the-range-of-its-f-35s-report

That's what I'm talkin' about...bring it.

SteyrAUG
07-22-22, 01:10
That's what I'm talkin' about...bring it.

I know many remember when Israel hit Iraq's nuclear program in development back in 1981, but Tehran is almost twice the distance. Also any kind of strike force would be vulnerable, even though Iraq and Iran are not buddies, Iraq would still dime out Israel in a second. This is why Israel had to address Iran's nuclear program in less conventional ways.

yoni
07-22-22, 03:45
Israeli drones have also been hitting targets in Iran.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/323976

Now with Israeli planes having landing rights in Saudi Arabia, we will be so much closer to Iran.

Thanks to poppy pants Brandon, the UAE, Saudis and Israel are getting closer together than ever.

drsal
07-22-22, 13:34
Bring It ....No, don't. The last thing anyone would want to see is an Israeli jet dropping a nuke on Iran. The social, political, and environmental consequences are unimaginable. Though horrific, the action would be justified as a preventative measure if Iran was planning to nuke Israel.

SteyrAUG
07-22-22, 15:32
Israeli drones have also been hitting targets in Iran.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/323976

Now with Israeli planes having landing rights in Saudi Arabia, we will be so much closer to Iran.

Thanks to poppy pants Brandon, the UAE, Saudis and Israel are getting closer together than ever.

Sometimes you have to laugh at lifes unintended consequences.

yoni
07-24-22, 05:32
Seems one more dead engineer has popped up in Iran.

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/article-712903