PDA

View Full Version : If you are a Law Enforcement officer and need a break...

SteyrAUG
07-17-22, 22:55
Stolen from FB, but I suspect many of us feel this way.

If you are a Law Enforcement officer and need a break , you can come park outside my home.
If you are thirsty I will bring you a drink. If you are hungry I will bring you a meal.
If you need backup , I will stand with you .
If you need to talk I will listen. Please don't lose faith in us. We are not all against you , we are strong and waiting to follow your lead.
God Bless you and your family

For the record, I've handed out soft drinks to guys working traffic when walking from the beach back to my car with my rolling cooler damn near every weekend for years. I've bought more snacks, pizza slices and meals than I could possibly remember.

I have two instances of being visibly armed and asking LEOs "you guys need help" when I saw some guys who looked like they might need help.

When I used to live in fun central (downtown Ft Lauderdale), I saw one of the local district officers going hands on with a known drug dealer. Myself and another home owner ran over to help, he tried to tell us to stop but when he went over a yard fence with the dealer, me and the other guy were seconds behind him. When the three of us took him to ground, he and I discovered the guy was covered in pepper spray and now so were all of us. We sucked it up hard until he got handcuffs on and then we did the choke and weeze thing, wasn't the worst I've ever been through but we got smeared pretty good.

I make sure the local SRO is buying good shit and at cost. I also give him shit when he asks if he really needs 10 mags.

Some cops are shitbirds and I've met them, I'd probably still buy them a coke if they needed it. Obviously the FUs who don't belong don't qualify for any of the above consideration.

Backfire
07-18-22, 07:06
Very Cogent,

But cops won't talk to civy's, they must keep teeth clenched and neck veins bulging.

SteyrAUG
07-18-22, 14:44
Very Cogent,

But cops won't talk to civy's, they must keep teeth clenched and neck veins bulging.

Not in my experience, I talk to them all the time.

Twilk73
07-18-22, 18:00
Very Cogent,

I talk to cops and they talk back lol.

.45fan
07-18-22, 19:05
Not in my experience, I talk to them all the time.That is a location based thing I believe.

When I lived in west palm beach in the 90's I saw and talked with cops all the time.
Here in SE Michigan, they are uppity pricks that treat everyone as a felon.

SteyrAUG
07-18-22, 19:42
That is a location based thing I believe.

When I lived in west palm beach in the 90's I saw and talked with cops all the time.
Here in SE Michigan, they are uppity pricks that treat everyone as a felon.

Time and place. I was always really good at being able to talk to most cops. I also am pretty good at picking up when this isn't a conversation.

Thankfully I'm now in small town Iowa where there are only a few clowns with a big chip.

.45fan
07-19-22, 09:47
Time and place. I was always really good at being able to talk to most cops. I also am pretty good at picking up when this isn't a conversation.

Thankfully I'm now in small town Iowa where there are only a few clowns with a big chip.

I'm in a suburb of Detroit now. The clowns out number the older level headed guys.
I know to not engage them when they are busy doing something.

Example: one standing in line to pickup a to go order at the restaurant my wife and I were eating at, I was walking by him to go to the restroom and asked how his day wsd going, he looked at me and had a blank stare and said "keep walking".
He was several back in line, not on the radio, just standing there. He could have easily said fine, good, bad, rough, any number of simple answers to the question but decided to be an uppity prick.

That has been my experience here.

Our city has minimal crime (meaning we are not Detroit). So in my opinion there is no need to to treat people that way.

The above is just the most recent example, its reoccurring here.

Heavyweight
07-19-22, 17:03
As disgusted as I am by recent police behavior and as much as I hate the inaction of the cowards in Uvalde they are still individuals. If you ever talk to them you get to see that.

I was visiting L.A. and ran into a cop on Rodeo Dr. that was walking back to his squad car. He had a really tricked out Glock 17 in his holster. Looked more like a race gun than duty pistol....flared mag well, custom stippling, extended red aluminum base plates on his mags. So I just said, "Hey man....cool pistol". He was just like, "Thanks! I LOVE IT"! And we talked about 15 minutes about everything he had Taran Tactical do to it, how it shot, that cops in L.A. can modify their pistols as long as the changes are just cosmetic, wink, wink. He was a gun guy like us.

There are shit bags in my profession too. I'm glad that not everyone just lumps me in with them. Hating an entire population of people based on the bad ones doesn't get us anywhere.

Stay safe

Heavyweight

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk