PDA

View Full Version : Poopypants just doesn't get it on falling oil prices.

utahjeepr
07-19-22, 07:28
Well, the Biden administration is trumpeting falling oil prices. Claiming that selling our strategic reserve to China and slobbing MBS's knob for the promise of a minor production increase has "saved America" from inflation. Hint: it hasn't.

Shitzhizpants is at least half right though. He and his party are at least partially responsible for falling oil prices.

Oil futures are down because the Biden administration is sailing full speed ahead into a recession. Recessions lower oil demand and bring about lower prices. (To be fair, this is largely, but not completely, why oil prices were so low under Trump. Covid tanked oil prices. Investing and supporting domestic production did help and would have kept costs lower though.)

So yes Poopypants lowered oil prices... by driving America into recession.

Hurray.

JoshNC
07-19-22, 20:15
Lower gas prices? It’s still $4.60 for regular in my area.

pag23
07-19-22, 20:16
Worst...president...ever....

Doesn't have a clue...

tn1911
07-19-22, 20:18
Lower gas prices? It’s still $4.60 for regular in my area.

We can find it for $3.75 in East Tennessee if you hunt around, paid $3.58 at Kroger using my points

flenna
07-19-22, 20:55
Oh, Punch Drunk Joe gets it alright. He is talking to the low information voters who are the ComDem constituents. They will believe whatever the Ministry of Truth tells them.

kirkland
07-19-22, 21:46
Gas prices went from just over $2 to $5.79 here and now they've fallen 20¢ to $5.59

yaaaaaaaay...

Averageman
07-19-22, 23:03
Gas prices went from just over $2 to $5.79 here and now they've fallen 20¢ to $5.59

yaaaaaaaay...

Well then that constitutes a necessary victory lap for Joe and Kamala.
They're so out of touch it's rediculous.

Budget
07-20-22, 08:16
Wait, I thought the president didn't control gas prices

utahjeepr
07-20-22, 08:27
Wait, I thought the president didn't control gas prices

That's the problem, they don't but some try. In reality they should be nothing more than the head grounds keeper at the stadium. Making sure the field is in good condition and let the players do their thing.

It's when the grounds keeper starts building brick walls and pit traps on the playing field that it starts getting dicey.

Budget
07-20-22, 11:18
I just don't know why every 4-8 years we have to reinvent the wheel. If the previous admin had good policies, then let them be. It seems like party>country on both sides.

I know there is a lot that goes into gas prices but I'm not convinced that constantly talking about dumping fossil fuels (and doing nothing to make that a reality) is helping the cost per barrel.

Todd.K
07-20-22, 11:31
Do not give libs an easy out, this is their plan.

Joe is simply too senile to moderate the pain for his own legacy and ego. The people actually running things are also under no illusions that moderating the pain will get them a second term.

So it’s full speed ahead on the lib plan to destroy the country.

Diamondback
07-20-22, 12:04
Do not give libs an easy out, this is their plan.

Joe is simply too senile to moderate the pain for his own legacy and ego. The people actually running things are also under no illusions that moderating the pain will get them a second term.

So it’s full speed ahead on the lib plan to destroy the country.

That's their game, cause so much damage that it takes unpopular and painful measures to even START fixing it, and the voters get tired of it before you've even made a dent in the previous. Two or three steps forward then allowing us one back, overall keeping the ball moving in the long term toward their end-zone of Totalitarian Hell.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-20-22, 12:38
Ilove it when politicians claim 'wins' and try to tell people that they are lucky to have it soooo goood. As everyone scratches their heads.

titsonritz
07-20-22, 14:05
Worst...president...ever....

Doesn't have a clue...

Jimmy Carter can now peacefully go to his grave content in the knowledge he has passed the torch.

titsonritz
07-20-22, 14:08
I'm waiting for the old inept idiot to go ass over tea kettle down AF1 steps and drag his elder abusing cunt of a wife with him.

.45fan
07-20-22, 16:51
.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220720/458354c13869147985645cec2c71bb80.jpg

The Dumb Gun Collector
07-20-22, 18:13
I guess Joe's yelling at the gas station owners paid off!

HKGuns
07-20-22, 22:52
Jimmy Carter can now peacefully go to his grave content in the knowledge he has passed the torch.

Ha! He lived to see it too!

Averageman
07-21-22, 02:47
Our current Clown in Chief keeps feeding the Speculators.
He can't keep his mouth shut and allow the price to level off.
He's got Cancer don't ya know?