They recruit womxn

https://youtu.be/JIS54wWwrHk

gsd2053
07-22-22, 18:16
God bless the sky king!

Averageman
07-22-22, 18:21
Human Resources is a scam.
It might have started out as a great idea, it was quickly over run with the woke and angry Lesbians.

Inkslinger
07-22-22, 18:52
They only want to hire women because they can pay them half as much as they would a man right?

SteyrAUG
07-22-22, 19:03
Human Resources is a scam.
It might have started out as a great idea, it was quickly over run with the woke and angry Lesbians.

Pretty much. They say there is a war on women, but there is definitely another war being waged. Everybody says they want "equality" and you can tell who actually means it, they are treated less equal than anyone else.

ABNAK
07-22-22, 19:50
HR people should have their wages cut in half, to include the head of HR. They should feel like their job is hanging in the balance every fvcking day. They are arrogant, beyond reproach, and unreachable (no doubt on purpose).

Where I work an HR guy got shit-canned a few years back because he was a POS who took his damn time completing the hiring process, and reportedly told future job prospects something to the effect of "If you keep bugging me about the process I'll 'lose' your paperwork".

While there may be some (probably very few) who are worth a shit I despise HR types.

tn1911
07-22-22, 20:42
Unless you’re hiring hundreds of people each week, you don’t need an HR Dept.

And if you are hiring hundreds each week that begs the question WTF are you doing to need or go thru workers that fast?

jsbhike
07-22-22, 22:07
Unless you’re hiring hundreds of people each week, you don’t need an HR Dept.

And if you are hiring hundreds each week that begs the question WTF are you doing to need or go thru workers that fast?

Good point.

My first job out of college was at a place that averaged 75-125 employees at any given time and one of the supervisors claimed that at around the 10th year in business there had been around 1200 different people employed there.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-23-22, 01:02
Chickocracy

I noticed about 10 years ago that most NGOs and govt orgs are run by 25-35 yo women. They might have literal 'figurehead' guy in his 50-60s, but the organizations are run by single women, from east coast schools, almost always white, and probably on aderol.... hence the term, "Chickocracy'. Imagine the gunner bitch from you easy A class in college, but that now focuses all her attention on some arcane soc/political issue. No actual experience in real world applications, but in these support and process roles. Think of enviro or social welfare orgs funded by billionaires, industry, and govt grants. HR is just a way of controlling the larger organization.

Chickocracy. you heard it hear first.

Buncheong
07-23-22, 03:45
Chickocracy

I noticed about 10 years ago that most NGOs and govt orgs are run by 25-35 yo women. They might have literal 'figurehead' guy in his 50-60s, but the organizations are run by single women, from east coast schools, almost always white, and probably on aderol.... hence the term, "Chickocracy'. Imagine the gunner bitch from you easy A class in college, but that now focuses all her attention on some arcane soc/political issue. No actual experience in real world applications, but in these support and process roles. Think of enviro or social welfare orgs funded by billionaires, industry, and govt grants. HR is just a way of controlling the larger organization.

Chickocracy. you heard it hear first.

Someone recently shared with me views identical to yours, but the term he used was “gynocracy.”

ST911
07-23-22, 07:35
So this could be an interesting conversation, or another dogpile of poli social overgeneralized outrage. Here's an attempt at the former.

Saying "HR" needs definition, as what that office does varies by organization variables. Typical duties in several I know gov and non-gov include recruitment (as primary or assisting divisions), hiring, testing/screening, BGIs, on-boarding processes, wage and payroll (direct or interface with finance), benefit research/management/enrollment/compliance, some employee training (EO, benefit seminars), education and incentive programs, conflict and complaint resolution, discipline and termination processes, records management and retention compliance, veterans programs, other programs for specific categories of employees, research and trend analysis for the org, and more.

Many have a vision of HR being Michael vs Toby (see: The Office) or an office of social justice - and I'm sure that occurs. But dismissing the HR professional outright without analysis isn't valid, and unfair to many high quality professionals doing the job.

pinzgauer
07-23-22, 08:34
This^ skintop is dead on accurate

In corporations of any size, HR largely deals with policy and occasionally things like raises and problem employees as needed.

Recruiting is typically handled through third parties on a contract basis including any required background checks visas etc etc.

Managers do get to make the hiring decision, but the recruiters find qualified candidates based on the criteria/skill requirement.

At times there is pressure to even out teams, but it's usually not done on a single team, it's done at a level where they have 50 to 100 people and they're looking at diversity ratios across levels and in specific groups like managers.

And payroll is a completely different function, which is largely automated in modern corporations.

Of course that's in a modern well-run corporation. But HR isn't insidious, in most cases they are so nearly scoped that other than a few times a year we considered them useless.

I can say in the three large computer corporations that I spent my career in (spin offs from each other) I never saw directly what the OP was concerned about I'm sure it happened, but the company would absolutely take a more qualified mail over a diversity candidate. But if qualifications were equal they probably took the female candidate as an opportunity to be proactive.

Now high cost versus low cost countries are a different discussion and you absolutely work towards a labor pyramid for ratios of low-cost/offshore in the broad base of the pyramid but those ratios were allowed to become less diverse as you got higher because you needed the experience which many of the offshore countries didn't have. We also had a labor pyramid with job levels. Those were typically managed at an organization level 500 to 3,000. Targets were allocated based on how well organizations were managing towards the objective.

I was always a heavy hitter with a team of heavy hitters so with just a little bit of being proactive I was never forced to offshore positions that I didn't think wouldn't be a better candidate done offshore. Nor was I ever a candidate to offshore, they needed the industry / company knowledge combined with confidence and experience that you just can't hire on demand. So higher in the food chain the dynamics change.

Dusty T
07-23-22, 08:46
I was hired by a man, a fella who was a former military pilot that flew several tours in Vietnam. He looked through my resume and said that it was clear that I had hustle because I took every crap job I could to build flight hours, which he liked. Most of the applicants he had went through pipeline schools which he told me he didn't like because they were usually paid for by their parents, which meant that they were usually arrogant and didn't work as hard. Two years on now and he likes to tease some of the other pilots by telling them if they don't up their hustle "This one will be taking over when I retire" as he points to me. We have an "HR Department" but they stay out of the hiring & firing process, it's all done by senior pilots who in many cases have been flying longer than Ive been alive.

JediGuy
07-23-22, 08:59
ST911 - Thanks. I wasn’t going to even respond with that much effort.

I’ll joke about being Toby, because sometimes…there is a Michael. And there are some crappy HR people. But, there are also crappy operations managers, CEO’s, auditors…
A good HR team provides value to the people actually making money. They help find the best people, they train leaders (new and senior) how to build teams, build relationships (because that isn’t natural for everyone, clearly demonstrated even on forums), or even how to enter time off, and they ensure compensation and reputation remain competitive.
“People are people,” which means they are flawed, unethical, and stupid at times. Someone has to be able to either help avoid bad situations or sort through the muck. When they aren’t being proactive, that’s the other thing HR professionals have to do, so the business team can focus on what they do best.