PDA

View Full Version : FNX45 Tactical Questions

Eurodriver
07-25-22, 19:08
Looking at getting a 45 handgun that I can easily throw an RMR on and suppress.

This seems to check all the boxes but I’ve seen weird reviews. Flexible magwells. Horrible triggers. Not generally a fan of FN firearms unless it is belt fed.

Can anyone tell me if these are good to go?

ggammell
07-25-22, 19:34
They are enormous, even by 45 standards.

Eurodriver
07-25-22, 19:39

That’s fine. I have huge hands.

DoubleW
07-25-22, 20:41
I’d personally get an HK45T milled for an RMR, but that’s just me. I’m not a fan of FN pistols. That video of the one literally melting in regular sunlight turned me off to them permanently.

Eurodriver
07-26-22, 10:10
I’d personally get an HK45T milled for an RMR, but that’s just me. I’m not a fan of FN pistols. That video of the one literally melting in regular sunlight turned me off to them permanently.

Ok I'll do this. I didn't know I can have an HK45T milled.

DoubleW
07-26-22, 10:20
Ok I'll do this. I didn't know I can have an HK45T milled.
https://www.ashburyprecisionordnance.com/apocs-introduction

Alpha-17
07-26-22, 10:31
I had a standard FNX45, and loved it. Only got rid of it when I replaced it with a P320-M17. It is big, and if you have baby hands like I do, you'll definitely have a handful, but it's doable.

dwhitehorne
07-27-22, 13:49
I had the FNP45 and FNX45. Never had any issues after I got the right mags for the FNX45. I prefer shooting the HK45 but the FNX worked fine for me as a range toy. I didn't have a red dot because I had the pistols back when my eyes still worked. We did a pistol eval in 2008 for SWAT to get 45's. The HK45 was selected even though the FN had 14/15 round mags. The red dot is the key as you would have to get the HK milled. If you are okay with the FN's 2x4 grip then I say go for it. As for longevity FN seems to be about as interested in 45's as HK is. Good luck, David

markm
07-27-22, 16:34

This is true. I loved mine, but it was just too big for my hands to feel confident to carry and shoot under pressure.

Eurodriver
07-28-22, 12:11
https://www.ashburyprecisionordnance.com/apocs-introduction

I have bought an HK45T with a LEM trigger and will be sending it to these guys once I get some rounds through it and make sure it works appropriately.

Glad I didn't go with the FN

El Vaquero
07-28-22, 14:58
You can play around with some of the springs with the LEM package and dial in the type and weight of trigger pull you want. Which is kinda neat. HKPRO.com has a ton of info on the different spring combinations and the trigger pull weights you’ll get. I still have quite a few HK’s and prefer the Todd Green trigger package in regards to the LEM trigger.

Pappabear
08-02-22, 13:05
I had an FN 45 and really liked it but sold to thin the herd. I do love me some HK so you can't go wrong there unless they screw your gun up. I have a P30 and P30SK (both Light LEM) that I would like to get milled, so keep us posted on how your HK turns out.

I had a 9mm 1911 milled out and my guys did a good job and it runs fine.

PB