PDA

View Full Version : "New Orleans Police Officers Leaving in Droves"

WillBrink
07-26-22, 09:11
Is NO another progressive run city that does not support their LE? It's those cities where LEO have said "F it" and left/leaving and I can't blame them one damn bit. Gov Desantis - the best Gov in the US by a margin even if I don't agree with him all the time - made it clear FL treats LE better, and told them to "come on down to FL." True story. ��

Fewer than 1,000 officers remain after a net loss of one in six officers since the start of last year.

NEW ORLEANS -- Gregory Rotton's career as a New Orleans Police Department officer ended with a crash.

A detective in the First District, Rotton was tapped to investigate after four young people in a stolen SUV barreled into a St. Claude Avenue arcade on Jan. 12 with police in pursuit, severely injuring a worker.

As he walked away a month later, after almost seven years on the force, Rotton said his superiors pressured him to accuse 19-year-old Lamar Logan, the lone adult in the crash, of trying to rob a federal agent in Treme minutes earlier. Rotton argued that the account from the off-duty agent amounted to "a suspicious person incident at most." He said he was then quickly yanked from a choice assignment.

"I refuse to work for an agency in which I can be punished for upholding my oath and the rule of law," Rotton wrote in a letter to the department.

Cont:

https://www.officer.com/command-hq/news/21275278/new-orleans-police-officers-leaving-in-droves

chuckman
07-26-22, 09:28
I had a friend in the early 90s whose dad was some muckity-muck with NOPD. I lost touch with my friend after he graduated college and moved back. He told stories of PD corruption, but told them in a proud way. I was never sure what to believe, but the media has put out article after article after article about corruption spanning decades.

markm
07-26-22, 09:29
I remember seeing old episodes of COPS on TV. New Orleans Police officers made New York City cops look like quality L.E. A lot of genetic flotsam.

I don't know about corruption (although very easy to believe), but definitely some 2 digit IQs on that force.

WillBrink
07-26-22, 09:33
I had a friend in the early 90s whose dad was some muckity-muck with NOPD. I lost touch with my friend after he graduated college and moved back. He told stories of PD corruption, but told them in a proud way. I was never sure what to believe, but the media has put out article after article after article about corruption spanning decades.

Miami and NOPD were the most corrupt at one time, and I recall the FBI had to clean house in the Miami PD in the 80s big time. Not sure how Miami viewed now on that score and of NOPD now in that #1 slot for corruption. I'm doubting the LEOs are leaving over that issue currently however.

john armond
07-26-22, 09:45
Not only happening in larger metro areas, but smaller ones as well.

The entire police department, assistant town manager, and at least two clerks in Kenly NC just resigned after the hiring of a new town manager. Its a small town, and they are going to have to rely on the SO for resources now.

This article states the new town manager was fired from her last job. She then sued the town for gender and racial discrimination and alleges "hostile" treatment by Richland County leaders and her supervisor and retaliation, and that she was not paid fairly and treated differently due to an illness. She later dropped the lawsuit against the previous employer for unknown reasons.

I find it comical that she tried to sue her previous employers for creating a hostile work environment after she was fired, and the hostile work environment she created as town manager in Kenly is being cited by the leaving personnel as their reason for leaving.

https://www.wral.com/kenly-to-hold-emergency-meeting-after-police-force-2-clerks-resign-in-protest-over-hostile-work-environment/20383285/

Of course, there are articles that are putting forth that they only resigned because they don't want to have a B/F as a boss.

https://www.aol.com/news/north-carolina-city-hired-black-224423255.html

Looks she has worked for an unknown number of towns/counties over four states for 16 years.

What's the saying, If you have been in five failed marriages, maybe the problem is you.

chuckman
07-26-22, 09:57
Not only happening in larger metro areas, but smaller ones as well.

The entire police department, assistant town manager, and at least two clerks in Kenly NC just resigned after the hiring of a new town manager. Its a small town, and they are going to have to rely on the SO for resources now.

This article states the new town manager was fired from her last job. She then sued the town for gender and racial discrimination and alleges "hostile" treatment by Richland County leaders and her supervisor and retaliation, and that she was not paid fairly and treated differently due to an illness. She later dropped the lawsuit against the previous employer for unknown reasons.

I find it comical that she tried to sue her previous employers for creating a hostile work environment after she was fired, and the hostile work environment she created as town manager in Kenly is being cited by the leaving personnel as their reason for leaving.

https://www.wral.com/kenly-to-hold-emergency-meeting-after-police-force-2-clerks-resign-in-protest-over-hostile-work-environment/20383285/

Of course, there are articles that are putting forth that they only resigned because they don't want to have a B/F as a boss.

https://www.aol.com/news/north-carolina-city-hired-black-224423255.html

Looks she has worked for an unknown number of towns/counties over four states for 16 years.

What's the saying, If you have been in five failed marriages, maybe the problem is you.

That town is about an hour east of me so it's all over the local news (the source you cite, WRAL, we call "We Report Another Lie"). It's a very big deal and local gouge is that she (manager) was draconian in her oversight of the PD (she wanted to be called on all traffic stops, wants all PD calls for service surveyed for race data, etc.). Locals also saying she would call the LEOs on the radio and tell them what calls to take and what calls to not take, after 911 dispatched them.

Also local gouge, why the f*** would you hire someone with such an awful track record?? Calling the town council to task.

Entryteam
07-26-22, 11:31

in the 90s, NOPD was known as the most corrupt agency in the nation. Hard to come back from that type of learned behavior.

Alex V
07-26-22, 11:48
That town is about an hour east of me so it's all over the local news (the source you cite, WRAL, we call "We Report Another Lie"). It's a very big deal and local gouge is that she (manager) was draconian in her oversight of the PD (she wanted to be called on all traffic stops, wants all PD calls for service surveyed for race data, etc.). Locals also saying she would call the LEOs on the radio and tell them what calls to take and what calls to not take, after 911 dispatched them.

Also local gouge, why the f*** would you hire someone with such an awful track record?? Calling the town council to task.

Yup. Down the road from me as well.

WRAL banned me from their FB page for calling them out on their BS

07-26-22, 11:51
In the early 2000s, I personally watched a cop in a marked vehicle go from corner to corner and collect envelopes from hoodrats. Broad daylight, and very obvious. Numerous vehicles around.

Corruption there is endemic.

john armond
07-26-22, 11:52

We aren't far from each other. I may have even worked at the same hospital as you, if I am guessing your career correctly. One of the reasons I quoted WRAL was because of their known left leaning bias. Even they didn't project her in the most favorable light.

Yes, What were the 30 other candidates qualifications if her track record is so bad, and they still picked her.

chuckman
07-26-22, 12:33
Yup. Down the road from me as well.

WRAL banned me from their FB page for calling them out on their BS

LOL, they banned my wife for the same thing.

We aren't far from each other. I may have even worked at the same hospital as you, if I am guessing your career correctly. One of the reasons I quoted WRAL was because of their known left leaning bias. Even they didn't project her in the most favorable light.

Yes, What were the 30 other candidates qualifications if her track record is so bad, and they still picked her.

I agree, even WRAL is dogging on her. With all of her 'known quantity' coming out, how could the town council not have done their due diligence in the hiring process??

titsonritz
07-26-22, 12:42
Need some guns confiscated from law biding citizens after a hurricane?...Got you covered.

john armond
07-26-22, 13:48
LOL, they banned my wife for the same thing.

I agree, even WRAL is dogging on her. With all of her 'known quantity' coming out, how could the town council not have done their due diligence in the hiring process??

After further reading, it looks like she has sued multiple former employers for "racial discrimination" after being separated.

And how do you go from being the Ex Asst to town manager in an area of 238K people to a town of 1400?

thebolt
07-26-22, 14:06
Miami and NOPD were the most corrupt at one time, and I recall the FBI had to clean house in the Miami PD in the 80s big time. Not sure how Miami viewed now on that score and of NOPD now in that #1 slot for corruption. I'm doubting the LEOs are leaving over that issue currently however.

I worked for a district attorney's office and saw several instances of corruption and cover-ups within that office. They had more power than any LE agency but were beyond suspicions since they are attorneys.

P2Vaircrewman
07-27-22, 12:20
NOPD officer say f-it, quits mid shift.

https://www.fox8live.com/2022/07/26/ex-nopd-officer-explains-quitting-mid-shift-though-supt-ferguson-calls-it-disheartening/

BoringGuy45
07-27-22, 13:56
NOPD officer say f-it, quits mid shift.

https://www.fox8live.com/2022/07/26/ex-nopd-officer-explains-quitting-mid-shift-though-supt-ferguson-calls-it-disheartening/

That happens a couple times a year at the jail where I used to be a CO.

jsbhike
07-28-22, 12:08
Kind of an interesting case.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/refused-to-let-me-die-rapper-lil-wayne-mourns-death-of-uncle-bob-a-police-officer-who-rescued-him-from-botched-suicide-attempt

The_War_Wagon
07-29-22, 19:53
I thought LA shipped all the gangbangaz to Houston in '05 - did they find their way back or what?

Averageman
07-29-22, 20:39
I thought LA shipped all the gangbangaz to Houston in '05 - did they find their way back or what?

I vacationed in NOLA in 2011.
As I checked in to a nice hotel I spoke with a Patrolman about that, he seemed rather happy that they were all shipped off to Houston.
We laughed about that as I carried my Glock and SBR up to my room in my luggage.
I wasn't taking any chances
NOLA, like Las Vegas has a certain atmosphere and the buzzards and maggots love to thrive on it.
The difference is the Cops took care of NOLA and the Mob got Vegas. I think I prefer the Mob actually.

Averageman
07-29-22, 20:40

I vacationed in NOLA in 2011.
As I checked in to a nice hotel I spoke with a Patrolman about that, he seemed rather happy that they were all shipped off to Houston.
We laughed about that as I carried my Glock and SBR up to my room in my luggage.
I wasn't taking any chances
NOLA, like Las Vegas has a certain atmosphere and the buzzards and maggots love to thrive on it.
The difference is the Cops took care of NOLA and the Mob got Vegas. I think I prefer the Mob actually.

titsonritz
07-30-22, 16:24
Kind of an interesting case.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/refused-to-let-me-die-rapper-lil-wayne-mourns-death-of-uncle-bob-a-police-officer-who-rescued-him-from-botched-suicide-attempt

Lil' Wayne recalls when "Uncle Bob" saved his life from a couple of years ago.

https://www.facebook.com/foxsports/videos/lil-wayne-recalls-the-time-a-white-cop-saved-him-from-his-suicide-attempt/211656589809441/