PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about a folding stock AK?

bullitt5172
11-18-06, 23:36
I asked this ? on Arfcom and got the typical A-hole response from the crowd. I'm considering (in Michigan) an underfolder AK. Is an underfolder with a 16" barrel still considered a rifle or would it need to be registered as a pistol because of the OAL when the stock is folded. I am not too familiar with the law on this one.

Thanks and I know I will get a real answer here ;)

TOrrock
11-18-06, 23:40
I asked this ? on Arfcom and got the typical A-hole response from the crowd. I'm considering (in Michigan) an underfolder AK. Is an underfolder with a 16" barrel still considered a rifle or would it need to be registered as a pistol because of the OAL when the stock is folded. I am not too familiar with the law on this one.

Thanks and I know I will get a real answer here ;)

Anywhere else in the USA, a folding stock rifle is a folding stock RIFLE.....

They do something screwey in Michigan......and honestly, not living there, I can't give you a totally accurate answer.

I do know that an AKS-74, which has a muzzle brake that lengthens the oal, is totally OK in Michigan.

Honestly, you might want to ask this on www.akforum.net. One of our moderators lives in Michigan and could set you straight.

bullitt5172
11-18-06, 23:49
Anywhere else in the USA, a folding stock rifle is a folding stock RIFLE.....

They do something screwey in Michigan......and honestly, not living there, I can't give you a totally accurate answer.

I do know that an AKS-74, which has a muzzle brake that lengthens the oal, is totally OK in Michigan.

Honestly, you might want to ask this on www.akforum.net. One of our moderators lives in Michigan and could set you straight.

Thanks, I will as soon as my registration is completed :)