PDA

View Full Version : Why/How Do Psychopaths Exist?

WillBrink
08-04-22, 10:46
A good topic by Joe. Another topic should be Psychopaths vs sociopaths too... the former is born as such, the other develops over time apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbDFMzs2maY

SteyrAUG
08-04-22, 18:03
I think the distinction between psychopaths and sociopaths is one of philosophy. It's like a person who enjoys killing but has only killed 2 people vs a serial killer who has killed dozens. You either have that broken "whatever" inside you or you don't. The rest is just degree of self control, motive, opportunity and intelligence.

lowprone
08-04-22, 18:16
Psychopaths and Sociopaths are prerequisite conditions for career politicians in my opinion, what else
would explain the destructive path they have put this nation on .

SteyrAUG
08-04-22, 19:41
Psychopaths and Sociopaths are prerequisite conditions for career politicians in my opinion, what else
would explain the destructive path they have put this nation on .

Actually you are probably not far off. The people who are attracted to various power occupations are probably those carrying the most apex predator traits. Most of us would like power and wealth (because it makes it easier to navigate our civilization), but some of us just aren't willing to F over large numbers of ordinary people to get there.

SeriousStudent
08-04-22, 20:13
I have worked for a sociopath, and worked with a pair of sociopaths. It's not nearly as uncommon as some people think.

Honestly, there are many more people who are narcissistic rather than psychopathic, in my very humble opinion.

They don't treat people as actors in the grand play that is their life. Rather, they treat us as props.

An actor/actress is a real person with feelings, emotions and a soul. A prop is an inanimate object that you drag from a warehouse, use/manipulate as needed, then discard without thought.

SteyrAUG
08-05-22, 03:15
I have worked for a sociopath, and worked with a pair of sociopaths. It's not nearly as uncommon as some people think.

Honestly, there are many more people who are narcissistic rather than psychopathic, in my very humble opinion.

They don't treat people as actors in the grand play that is their life. Rather, they treat us as props.

An actor/actress is a real person with feelings, emotions and a soul. A prop is an inanimate object that you drag from a warehouse, use/manipulate as needed, then discard without thought.

That's why I continue to use dogs as my litmus test. If you can't relate to a dog, then you aren't really part of my life.

SeriousStudent
08-05-22, 08:14
That's why I continue to use dogs as my litmus test. If you can't relate to a dog, then you aren't really part of my life.

Agreed.

WillBrink
08-05-22, 08:18
I think the distinction between psychopaths and sociopaths is one of philosophy. It's like a person who enjoys killing but has only killed 2 people vs a serial killer who has killed dozens. You either have that broken "whatever" inside you or you don't. The rest is just degree of self control, motive, opportunity and intelligence.

While there's various similarities, some distinct differences too apparently:

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/sociopath-psychopath-difference

chuckman
08-05-22, 08:37
A couple articles about the two:

https://psychcentral.com/health/differences-between-a-psychopath-vs-sociopath#myths

https://www.simplypsychology.org/psychopathy-vs-sociopathy.html

My sister-in-law is a sociopath. She's 10 shades of cray.

Entryteam
08-05-22, 09:05

You guys ought to watch the interview/documentary with the Psychiatrist who studied/talked with Richard Kuklinski.. "The Iceman". That was SO fascinating, and that guy was the real deal. Michael Shannon played him in a movie, too, and it was good.

The_War_Wagon
08-05-22, 09:43
Libtard culture honors & celebrates such misfits these days. Facetard protects them while banning normal people.