PDA

View Full Version : Langdon doing his magic on HK’s.

The Dumb Gun Collector
08-04-22, 11:29
All these are cool but I’m very interested in a P2000 —but so far they only seem to have them listed for California compliance

https://youtu.be/LGGIiJYRfhY

Sam
08-04-22, 12:29
Oh my, he's spreading his expertise all over.

You have a P30 right?

titsonritz
08-04-22, 14:54
I have always wanted a P2000.

SeriousStudent
08-04-22, 20:03
I have a couple of Langdon Berettas, and they excellent. I have done my best shooting with those pistols.

WickedWillis
08-05-22, 11:00
All these are cool but I’m very interested in a P2000 —but so far they only seem to have them listed for California compliance

https://youtu.be/LGGIiJYRfhY

Just got mine back from Grayguns too. Maybe I'll send mine to Ernest for the optic milling.

RHINOWSO
08-05-22, 11:46
GGI can do some work to HKs, although mine were done when the guy from LazyWolf was working on HKs with them before they parted ways.

Langdon has some great stuff going, the best being the TJIAB for Berettas.

Pappabear
08-05-22, 14:42
I would love to do my P30 and P30SK.

PB

Pappabear
08-05-22, 14:43
Just got mine back from Grayguns too. Maybe I'll send mine to Ernest for the optic milling.

What did you have grey guns do, spend a quick dollar there?

PB

Ron3
08-05-22, 15:12
Skimmed it.

My P30sk could use more grip texture, better sights, and an optic.

Does he offer an optic cut for the P30sk?

I didn't see it.

titsonritz
08-05-22, 15:21
His Custom Gun Work Order (https://store-gwq330i093.mybigcommerce.com/content/PDF/HK-CGW-Form-August-2022.pdf) states "LTT RDO Slide Cut (Not Available for P30SK or P2000)". Looks like you are SOL there, at least for now, no idea whether it just isn't offered or isn't possible.

WickedWillis
08-05-22, 17:03
What did you have grey guns do, spend a quick dollar there?

PB

Their LEM reduction package. Cleaned up and NIB'd the internals, smoothed everything up, shortened the reset. It came out to $395.

Ron3
08-06-22, 07:37
His Custom Gun Work Order (https://store-gwq330i093.mybigcommerce.com/content/PDF/HK-CGW-Form-August-2022.pdf) states "LTT RDO Slide Cut (Not Available for P30SK or P2000)". Looks like you are SOL there, at least for now, no idea whether it just isn't offered or isn't possible.

Thanks.

I found a buisness that does it, but they state that have to add material to accomplish the conversion. That kinda turned me off. Ah well.

SeriousStudent
08-06-22, 09:36
I would love to do my P30 and P30SK.

PB

Off the top of my head, you might want to reach out to Vulcan Machine Werks in Texas. They have done two direct milling pistol slide cuts for me, along with refinishing after the cuts. Both look like they came from the factory, they did really excellent work.

https://vulcanmachinewerks.com/

Hope that helps.

Coal Dragger
08-07-22, 07:56
RDS milling for the Aimpoint ACRO footprint should be possible on just about anything. That particular optic doesn’t need much surface area to mount up to.

Curly
08-07-22, 10:42
Does any HK guru's know the reliability threshold with lighter springs/etc? I know Langdon broke down Beretta hammer springs and X# might be primer sensitive/etc but haven't found anything like that for HK.

Was not sure which pull to consider when I order from LTT eventually.

Pappabear
08-08-22, 18:56
I have a P30 (and P30SK, Ron3 wish they did SK's too) with Light LEM triggers and a manual reset screw to minimize over travel. My P30 is getting the slide cut, I'm pretty excited. Great carry gun and probably one of the most reliable guns on planet earth. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress and results.

PB

Pappabear
08-08-22, 20:29
Off the top of my head, you might want to reach out to Vulcan Machine Werks in Texas. They have done two direct milling pistol slide cuts for me, along with refinishing after the cuts. Both look like they came from the factory, they did really excellent work.

https://vulcanmachinewerks.com/

Hope that helps.

I did use them for my 1911. Was very happy, going to try Langdon for this one. Thanks SS. Yea and Vulcan only list VP9, which is kinda goofy because you can buy a VP9 with optics cut which I did.

PB

m4brian
08-09-22, 06:49
I started to get excited. NO trigger job in a bag for the HK. Oh well. Actually with some polishing and hammer spring mine are good.

Entryteam
08-09-22, 10:09
I have always wanted a P2000.

I used to carry one. There is a hammer spring swap you can do (IIRC) to drop the trigger weight from 8.5 to around 5. I did it to mine and it was great, though a bit long. Mags are expensive as hell, though. But that's HK. Smooth gun, though. Well made and completely reliable. I miss it. If I had it in 9mm, i'd keep it. Just couldn't justify a whole new caliber.

jesuvuah
08-13-22, 16:37
So this news convinced me to buy a p30 today. I bought one new for 540 after taxes and shipping. Not bad in my book.

I plan to do the gray guns upgrade myself and probably install a 12lbs hammer spring and if I am satisfied, send out the slide this winter.

I owned a p30 briefly in the past that had a trigger job done by Robert Burke. I liked everything about it besides the safety. It just got in my way. I sold it a vowed to buy one again someday without the safety.

This might complete my DA/SA trigger fetish I have had lately. I have a few sig p series, beretta 92, and a cz p01. I guess I needed an hk

Soli Deo Gloria

Pappabear
08-13-22, 19:56
I used to carry one. Mags are expensive as hell, though. But that's HK. Smooth gun, though. Well made and completely reliable.

I have always said one of the secrets ( or not so secret ) is the HK mags are best mags made on planet earth and are a huge part of their unreasonable reliability. I think they advertised the P30 with a 90,000 round torture test. They cost a lot, but they are amazing IMO. Ive never cycled a slide to put a round in the chamber that feed the round so effortlessly, like silky smooth.

P30 is some goodness, can't wait to get a dot on mine for my blind ass.

PB

Ron3
08-14-22, 22:45
My 30sk might get sold eventually.

If Langdon's team won't put an optic on it it probably shouldn't be done.

Gun has a few other things bugging me, too. It's a good pistol but I find myself preferring other guns I have to carry.

GJM
08-15-22, 22:39
I have always said one of the secrets ( or not so secret ) is the HK mags are best mags made on planet earth and are a huge part of their unreasonable reliability. I think they advertised the P30 with a 90,000 round torture test. They cost a lot, but they are amazing IMO. Ive never cycled a slide to put a round in the chamber that feed the round so effortlessly, like silky smooth.

P30 is some goodness, can't wait to get a dot on mine for my blind ass.

PB

I believe the saying is that “HK is a magazine company, that also manufactures pistols.” My recollection is while the P30 did well for TLG, it was the HK45 that was amazingly reliable. Trigger return springs may be the weak point of the P30.

Defaultmp3
08-15-22, 23:29
My 30sk might get sold eventually.

If Langdon's team won't put an optic on it it probably shouldn't be done.

Gun has a few other things bugging me, too. It's a good pistol but I find myself preferring other guns I have to carry.Wright Armory can cut a P30SK for an RDS, along with the rest of the P30 series, P2000 series, HK45 series, and USP series. I am curious as to why LTT does not offer all those options, though I suspect it's an issue of throughput rather than any technical difficulties (they also limit their cuts on the Beretta 9x series to specific lines).

Ron3
08-27-22, 14:12
Wright Armory can cut a P30SK for an RDS, along with the rest of the P30 series, P2000 series, HK45 series, and USP series. I am curious as to why LTT does not offer all those options, though I suspect it's an issue of throughput rather than any technical difficulties (they also limit their cuts on the Beretta 9x series to specific lines).

Thanks.

I stopped carrying the P30sk due to a couple mag drops. I'd read of them but it only happened to me once. Now more than once and when I really looked at where my flesh ends up in a firm grip plus a little recoil it's easy to replicate inadvertently pressing either mag release paddle while firing.

Too bad. I really like most things about this gun but mag-dropping is a non-negotiable issue. I went from "paddle mag release is great!" to "paddle mag release might get me killed" in a short time frame. But that's another thread.

Stopsign32v
08-27-22, 19:59
HK is the most overrated pistol company out there I believe. Have had a USP compact, USP full size, USP Expert, P30L, and VP9. Wanted to love them all, be elite, and forced myself to for a while. But when I sold them I immediately realized just about every other pistol was better in every way. Sucks...They sure are sexy looking

pointblank4445
08-28-22, 10:58
HK is the most overrated pistol company out there I believe. Have had a USP compact, USP full size, USP Expert, P30L, and VP9. Wanted to love them all, be elite, and forced myself to for a while. But when I sold them I immediately realized just about every other pistol was better in every way. Sucks...They sure are sexy looking

Ultimately they are no different than any other pistol...chock full of pro's and con's. Most run reliably but the ergos are love/hate and the trigger dynamics on most of the suck (HK cares not for good triggers).

I'm convinced that HK could put bits of broken glass on the trigger face and people would still champion them. "It's a safety feature, not a bug".

I say this having run several different HK's for more years than I should have.

Entryteam
08-28-22, 13:09

This.

WickedWillis
08-29-22, 16:30

Their triggers suck out of the box, but so does nearly every company on the market. I thought the LEM trigger was a joke until I shot the Grayguns version of it. Granted you shouldn't have to drop $400 to upgrade your trigger, but you pay for the best.

HK handguns are durable, reliable, have some of the best magazine on the face of the planet and have exceptionally accurate barrels.

Adrenaline_6
09-01-22, 10:56
The da/sa triggers "suck" but they do teach you good trigger discipline. Once you learn to shoot them proficiently you can pretty much shoot anything.

Their VP9 striker trigger is an excellent trigger. If you can't shoot that gun or the SK version well, sorry to say, you might want to look at yourself for the problem.

Stopsign32v
09-01-22, 12:29
The da/sa triggers "suck" but they do teach you good trigger discipline. Once you learn to shoot them proficiently you can pretty much shoot anything.

Their VP9 striker trigger is an excellent trigger. If you can't shoot that gun or the SK version well, sorry to say, you might want to look at yourself for the problem.

I don’t want to pay $1000+ for a gritty, stacking, worst trigger out there in DA/SA just so I can shoot and appreciate other better trigger systems more.

You can justify their price all you want or accept that they suck. I have a full size USP which is my last HK pistol and I would never sell it. It’s sexy af and keeps me from getting sucked back in by myself down the road. But I’ve accepted what it is and I still love it.

Stopsign32v
09-01-22, 12:32
Oh and the LEM or whatever is just weird. The trigger pull is very nice but it’s so different than anything else that I just don’t like it.

Give me a smooth 5lb DA and crisp 2.5-3lb single action with a short reset please. Big I’m very much a trigger snob. Sig and CZ 4 life

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-01-22, 18:11
HK makes nice pistols, but so does everyone these days. What really used to be awesome about HK is they were incredibly innovative and willing to take risks (Even the USP, which was their first step into the mainstream, had tons of innovations --some that completely changed all other handguns). These days they just add some wings to the back of a Glock and call it a victory. That being said, they are still probably the gun company that you can be the most confident will not sell you a lemon or beta test a gun on you like certain high $$ companies. But I largely agree, their current lineup is pretty boring.

Adrenaline_6
09-01-22, 20:25
I don’t want to pay $1000+ for a gritty, stacking, worst trigger out there in DA/SA just so I can shoot and appreciate other better trigger systems more.

You can justify their price all you want or accept that they suck. I have a full size USP which is my last HK pistol and I would never sell it. It’s sexy af and keeps me from getting sucked back in by myself down the road. But I’ve accepted what it is and I still love it.

Who said I was justifying anything? I was stating simple facts. Whether you like it or not doesn't really matter.

Also, if your paying $1000+ for something like a P30 now days, you got suckered big time. They are going for sub $700 on places like CDNN Sports all the time. Lower $600's when they run specials.

Stopsign32v
09-01-22, 21:35
I forgot about my P2000 I had. Really liked that gun but didn’t have it long.