PDA

View Full Version : BCM canceling orders without notice

JVG19
08-04-22, 12:44
So I have in stock alerts saved on many items , over the last month I have received 6 in stock emails and within minutes placed my order for MK2 uppers , then every time (6 , if we count the orders placed today which I’m sure will be canceled ) within 48 hours they cancel my order without even telling me . Only way I know is I go check my order status on the website. I get mistakes happen and maybe there is a website glitch but to continue to take my money , charge my bank account and then cancel my order and refund me without even explaining why over and over seems unprofessional. Not sure what’s going on over there but they need to figure it out

Yes you could say just give your money elsewhere but I’m a brand loyal person , I find something I like and buy only that , I buy BCM rifles ( 8 complete and a pistol so far ) . So you would think they would at least reach out and explain the issue and try and make it right

Hank6046
08-04-22, 13:09
Have you called them and explained your frustration?

titsonritz
08-04-22, 14:04
Are you sure it is BCM and not your bank/credit card company? Many are playing games with firearm related purchases these days. I would reach out to BCM and ask them WTF is going on.

JVG19
08-04-22, 14:15
I have tried but they don’t return calls or emails just cancel orders . I guess they don’t like my money

JVG19
08-04-22, 14:19
I tried 3 different cards with 3 different banks so that’s not the issue lol my bank approved all purchases they say . But I guess who knows . If that was the case and its my bank why wouldn’t BCM respond to my emails or calls and offer a solution ? I placed 2 orders today and they both now say canceled . Whats shity is they don’t t even make you aware of the cancellation if I didn’t log in and look I wouldn’t know . So just seeing if anyone else recently had the same happen

grizzman
08-04-22, 14:29
I just called the number provided on their Contact Us web page.

The message provided stated clearly that they now only correspond via e-mail.

JVG19
08-04-22, 14:42
They are claiming that there card processing provider canÂ’t tie my email address to my phone number lol I have literally bought 8 rifles from them and never had that issue before but now all of a sudden itÂ’s that ? I think the website is listing things in stock that are not in stock and then this is there way out after taking your money

markm
08-04-22, 15:33
I guarantee BCM, like any company, does NOT want to pay the CC fees for the inbound and refund transaction for moving the funds back to you. The only thing more annoying than having to deal with cancellations and refunds for a merchant is dealing with customers who complain about it.

Granted, better communication/notification and a more accurate inventory/order system would be nice, but it's not costing you any money.

JVG19
08-04-22, 15:37
I get it and yes I doubt it’s on purpose but stil frustrating, I posted not really complaint but to see if anyone else had this issue . The finally got back to me and offered to hold my order while I send in a check since for some reason there system doesn’t like me . Seems all is fixed for now

Stickman
08-06-22, 18:36
It is entirely possible that you under estimate how fast items are selling out. Many people have expressed their frustration with getting emails and finding out the products are gone when they place an order. Do you know how long your server holds your email, or how often your email is checked by your email program? The people who are getting the emails first are the ones buying the products, and some of those people are buying multiples so they can scab them (part them out by pieces) on various EE boards. We have people who do that with Colt on this board, and they are selling the parts for rape prices.

jurassic
08-10-22, 16:37
It is entirely possible that you under estimate how fast items are selling out. Many people have expressed their frustration with getting emails and finding out the products are gone when they place an order. Do you know how long your server holds your email, or how often your email is checked by your email program? The people who are getting the emails first are the ones buying the products, and some of those people are buying multiples so they can scab them (part them out by pieces) on various EE boards. We have people who do that with Colt on this board, and they are selling the parts for rape prices.

Everyone has a side hustle these days. Not me, I've been waiting for a MK2 stripped lower forever and a day.

JediGuy
08-10-22, 17:42
…(part them out by pieces) on various EE boards. We have people who do that with Colt on this board, and they are selling the parts for rape prices.

Yeah, I’m very much about capitalism, but that has been a thing that irks me. There’s really only one user that comes to mind, and I refuse to buy anything from him. What gets me is that people apparently pay the prices.

Stickman
08-10-22, 18:50
Yeah, I’m very much about capitalism, but that has been a thing that irks me. There’s really only one user that comes to mind, and I refuse to buy anything from him. What gets me is that people apparently pay the prices.

I think we are all on the same sheet of music on this one.

Disciple
08-10-22, 19:13
There’s really only one user that comes to mind, and I refuse to buy anything from him.

Self-identifying as a cock could be seen as a fair warning I suppose.

Diamondback
08-10-22, 20:59

https://live.staticflickr.com/4074/4814014643_b2e1da67c5.jpg

jstone
08-11-22, 08:11
They are claiming that there card processing provider canÂ’t tie my email address to my phone number lol I have literally bought 8 rifles from them and never had that issue before but now all of a sudden itÂ’s that ? I think the website is listing things in stock that are not in stock and then this is there way out after taking your money

I work for a large online retailer, and I deal with this exact problem daily. We used to never have problems like this but recently it has started happening. It's happening to new customers and long time customers I have had for years. Usually you can call the bank tell them what purchases the issue is occuring with and they can fix it. Sometimes the bank will tell the customer there is nothing wrong in there system, and if thats the case it is the processing company. If this occurs use a different card, and you should be good to go.

We pay the credit card company fees for everything and canceling orders is the last thing any business wants to do.

Diamondback
08-11-22, 08:44
Could be the card processor trying to play "Operation Chokepoint" too.

Dutch110
08-12-22, 13:53

I don't think its a problem with inventory selling through. From his earlier post it sounds like he is getting caught up in the fraud detection algorithm as it is seeing a mismatch in data between his email and phone number. I will say, as someone who has some professional experience with cc fraud algorithms, the email to phone number match is a new one to me and would seem to be problematic to validate. Someone turned the Fraud Detection Dial up to 11.

Stickman
08-15-22, 17:00
I don't think its a problem with inventory selling through. From his earlier post it sounds like he is getting caught up in the fraud detection algorithm as it is seeing a mismatch in data between his email and phone number. I will say, as someone who has some professional experience with cc fraud algorithms, the email to phone number match is a new one to me and would seem to be problematic to validate. Someone turned the Fraud Detection Dial up to 11.

I know that online gun stores have been getting hit very hard with fraud, and that new things were going to be tried. I guess this is one of them... maybe?

Dutch110
08-16-22, 09:43
I know that online gun stores have been getting hit very hard with fraud, and that new things were going to be tried. I guess this is one of them... maybe?

Could be? From purely a data standpoint it doesn't make a lot of sense. Things like first name, last name, billing address etc etc are pretty static. Or in the case of address, will usually get updated in the system of record when folks move. People have multiple email addresses, for instance, so I would consider it a less stable data point when doing fraud detection. Back when I was working in ecommerce I spent some time in our call center. We serviced several hundred e-tailers with our platform. So this Chinse woman calls into the Burberry line. She had bought a $5,000 purse and the order got rejected. She had a bill to address of Brooklyn and a ship to address of main land China and didn't understand why that would raise a red flag lol. Almost as good as the dude who was totally stoned out of his mind and called in because he had gotten the DC Shoes logo tattooed on the back of his hand and wanted a discount on his order. There were a lot of "Duuuuuuuuuude's" on that call.

Hammer_Man
08-17-22, 10:18
I think we are all on the same sheet of music on this one.

This wouldn’t happen to be the guy selling take off Colt cage code upper receivers for $325.00 each would it? You know, the same receivers that sell for around $170.00 new on multiple online stores? The same guy that only has 66 posts, and they all seem to be in the EE?

Diamondback
08-17-22, 10:56
Which begs a question... if you're going to be dismantling guns and parting them out as a business, doesn't that require an FFL?

AKDoug
08-17-22, 23:27
Which begs a question... if you're going to be dismantling guns and parting them out as a business, doesn't that require an FFL?
Good question, but I bet if you're keeping the lowers you might be o.k.