View Full Version : Republican 2024 primary picks

ABNAK
08-12-22, 07:55
Trump (if he runs)

DeSantis (if he runs)

Other

Todd.K
08-12-22, 10:41
Whoever convinces me they will most thoroughly and relentlessly execute a plan of retribution.

glocktogo
08-12-22, 10:47
Whoever convinces me they will most thoroughly and relentlessly execute a plan of retribution.

It should become an official office with it’s own staff. :)

ABNAK
08-12-22, 11:12

Damn good point. ANYONE who utters anything close to taking the "Moral High Road" or "We're better than that" will be out as far as I'm concerned. It's time for payback. :angry:

I do not care if it "makes us no better than them". I do not care if it "further divides the country". Half this country can go f**k itself as far as I'm concerned.

glocktogo
08-12-22, 11:14
Damn good point. ANYONE who utters anything close to taking the "Moral High Road" or "We're better than that" will be out as far as I'm concerned. It's time for payback. :angry:

Yep, those two phrases lead me to one conclusion: feckless

ABNAK
08-12-22, 11:16
Yep, those two phrases lead me to one conclusion: feckless

Spineless also comes to mind.

Todd.K
08-12-22, 12:01
It should become an official office with it’s own staff. :)

First, we go back to a War Department. Defense has always bothered me.

Then the Department of Retribution. Sec Flynn should have it up an running in no time.

Barr wasn’t wrong, if it was still the 90’s or early 00’s. Now his “we won’t do tit for tat” just makes him a boob. But to be fair many boomers can’t, or won’t, admit where we really are as a Country.

glocktogo
08-12-22, 12:17

Then the Department of Retribution. Sec Flynn should have it up an running in no time.

Barr wasn’t wrong, if it was still the 90’s or early 00’s. Now his “we won’t do tit for tat” just makes him a boob. But to be fair many boomers can’t, or won’t, admit where we really are as a Country.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Barr investigated and raided for his sins too. That way they could say it was obviously bipartisan and therefore not about politics? :D

ABNAK
08-12-22, 12:20

Do you have a newsletter? If so I'd like to subscribe!

Yeah, and when you lose an election (fairly) disband said Dept of Retribution on January 19th of the year you leave office!

Todd.K
08-12-22, 13:12
In all seriousness it’s hard to say if Trump or DeSantis would be better at actually getting stuff done.

No doubt DeSantis is pragmatic and gets stuff done. Probably the better choice for not having the negative yet. Anyone who thinks the media won’t gin up constant turmoil and call him hitler is nuts, it’s already started.

Trump is now almost guaranteed to break anything in the way of getting retribution. No need to worry about a re-election, it should be glorious. Remember that he was severely handicapped with the Russia hoax for at least half his first term. I expect zero shits given if he gets a second.

gsd2053
08-12-22, 14:01
In all seriousness it’s hard to say if Trump or DeSantis would be better at actually getting stuff done.

No doubt DeSantis is pragmatic and gets stuff done. Probably the better choice for not having the negative yet. Anyone who thinks the media won’t gin up constant turmoil and call him hitler is nuts, it’s already started.

Trump is now almost guaranteed to break anything in the way of getting retribution. No need to worry about a re-election, it should be glorious. Remember that he was severely handicapped with the Russia hoax for at least half his first term. I expect zero shits given if he gets a second.

This is my fantasy. Trump go's scorched earth for Four Solid Years. Then we get two terms of DeSantis.

gsd2053
08-12-22, 14:03
If the libs steal another election. The US GETS EMP'ed and we truly get to build back better.

SteyrAUG
08-12-22, 14:43
Just so everyone can be on the same page as far as where people stand.

https://www.ontheissues.org/Ron_DeSantis.htm

Some of it is good, some of it I would prefer otherwise. Could probably live with him getting the nomination.

Views on guns:

Concealed carry statewide; open-carry on campuses. (Oct 2018)
Allow carrying guns openly and on college campuses. (Aug 2018)
Opposes restrictions on gun purchases. (Sep 2012)

Stuff I'm not wild about.

Voted YES for housing vouchers for recovering drug addicts. (Jun 2018)
Compels schools to have moment of silence for prayer. (Jun 2021)
Voted YES to ban DREAMer immigrants from military service. (Jun 2016)
Pro-Israel; take action against boycott. (Mar 2019) (my objection is with the latter, anyone should be allowed to boycott anyone).

I can live with the rest of his record, which actually makes him a pretty decent candidate. I usually find a dozen or so objections.

Diamondback
08-12-22, 14:52
I wouldn’t mind seeing Barr investigated and raided for his sins too. That way they could say it was obviously bipartisan and therefore not about politics? :D

Starting even before he gave Mommy-Murderin' Lon and his fellow triggerhappy psychopaths a free pass.

My rankings right now:
1st choice, DeSantis
2nd, Trump with reservations
3rd, ANYONE who will burn the Deep State bureaucracy to the motherf---ing ground with a zeal and thoroughness that would make Attila the Hun, Genghis Khan, and Scipio Africanus at Carthage call it "excessive"

Diamondback
08-12-22, 15:00
This is my fantasy. Trump go's scorched earth for Four Solid Years. Then we get two terms of DeSantis.

Except that Trump would have to move because POTUS/VP can't be from same state, the best way to plaay this would be the classic Good Cop Bad Cop, have DeSantis roleplay "voice of moderation and restraint" while Trump reenacts Cockburn & Ross 1814.

Alex V
08-12-22, 16:03
I would be happy with DeSantis but it would not as entertaining as Trump which is why I voted for him.

I genuinely hope Trump gets the Nom, wins and we see scores of Jonestown reenactments from Dems all over the country. Like numbers to rival the fake Rona counts.

Diamondback
08-12-22, 16:05
Like Ace at AoSHQ says, I'm voting for revenge. My country is being burned to the ground and it's too late to stop it, I'm voting for whoever will throw the arsonists to burn in their own flames first.

ABNAK
08-12-22, 18:44
I will hold my nose and vote for Trump's bombastic, annoying ass for the third time if he wins the primary (and actually decides to run of course). I have doubts about his ability to ignore swampy advice and appoint proper people willing to do the needful. He ran on "draining the swamp" in 2016 but by appointing swamp critters in key positions he hamstrung himself, not to mention a RINO Congress for the first 2 years. I don't see it happening differently a second time. Not to mention he will be 78 if elected and 82 by the time his tour of duty is up. Time for some fresh, aggressive, take-no-prisoners blood.

He isn't a conservative (small "c") by any stretch of the imagination.

SteyrAUG
08-12-22, 19:49
I will hold my nose and vote for Trump's bombastic, annoying ass for the third time if he wins the primary (and actually decides to run of course). I have doubts about his ability to ignore swampy advice and appoint proper people willing to do the needful. He ran on "draining the swamp" in 2016 but by appointing swamp critters in key positions he hamstrung himself, not to mention a RINO Congress for the first 2 years. I don't see it happening differently a second time. Not to mention he will be 78 if elected and 82 by the time his tour of duty is up. Time for some fresh, aggressive, take-no-prisoners blood.

He isn't a conservative (small "c") by any stretch of the imagination.

Trumps biggest problem is one of image and the fact that he is almost as polarizing as Hillary in 2016. He talked too much and did too little.

ABNAK
08-12-22, 21:43
Trumps biggest problem is one of image and the fact that he is almost as polarizing as Hillary in 2016. He talked too much and did too little.

I can get on board with that.

His poor personnel choices as well as RINO Establishment obstruction (or dragging-of-feet if you will) in Congress certainly didn't help. He paid lip service to gun rights but the vast majority of his proposed agenda I agreed with. He didn't fully deliver, whatever the reasons. Of course I despise the Left so if he ran again I'd reluctantly vote for him.

AKDoug
08-13-22, 01:29
Except that Trump would have to move because POTUS/VP can't be from same state, the best way to plaay this would be the classic Good Cop Bad Cop, have DeSantis roleplay "voice of moderation and restraint" while Trump reenacts Cockburn & Ross 1814.

They can be from the same state. The issue arises in particularly close elections because a delegate to the electoral college cannot cast both their votes for candidates from their state; only one. It would not be a big deal in a landslide victory, but could be an issue in a close election.

Averageman
08-13-22, 02:10

To be fair everyone opposed him for the first ten months.

.45fan
08-13-22, 10:52
This is my fantasy. Trump go's scorched earth for Four Solid Years. Then we get two terms of DeSantis.Many people have the same fantasy.
In reality if trump runs we have four more years of the current circus, almost guaranteed.
No way trump wins, he needs to get out of the way and let desantis get the job done.

ABNAK
08-13-22, 14:52
Many people have the same fantasy.
In reality if trump runs we have four more years of the current circus, almost guaranteed.
No way trump wins, he needs to get out of the way and let desantis get the job done.

Yep, and I shake my head when I hear it. It's fvcking delusional.

prepare
08-13-22, 15:47
Hope Trump wins for the 3rd time.

Todd.K
08-13-22, 16:01

This fantasy that the media and deep state would not have make a circus out of any Republican President, even the “nice ones” like Jeb! needs to stop.

I know it’s hard to admit, especially for boomers, but this is where we are now. It was easy to blame it all on Trump’s personality, but we need to start seeing the world as it is, and not as we want it to be. The next GOP nominee is going to be “LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER” no matter who it ends up being.

That doesn’t mean you need to like Trump’s personality, it means you need to value his willingness to fight. Any GOP politician who tucks tail and runs when the fake news calls them racist is worthless. Less than worthless, they are an anchor.

If DeSantis runs this time I think he has a lot wins in FL to run on. I would rather see him challenge Trump and get some national campaign experience than be VP. I also think bringing him in as Secretary of State vs VP would be a better use of his skills.

BVickery
08-13-22, 17:04
I am done with the speeches. I do want action. I voted for DeSantis in the poll, but honestly, best bet would be Trump/DeSantis in 2024 then DeSantis in 2028/2032. This country is f'd up and a lot of government agencies need to have their houses cleaned at the upper levels. I am talking even criminal charges for some, and clear firing of many and NO pensions. First place to start is the FBI, it really is losing the trust of the people and more and more people are seeing it as the armed wing of the DNC since its all they go after hard is the DNC enemies.

Easiest one is can the 87k new armed IRS agents. Simply eliminate the positions.

ABNAK
08-13-22, 19:24
Hope Trump wins for the 3rd time.

As much as I don't want it to be Trump in 2024, you are not wrong.

ABNAK
08-13-22, 19:29
I am done with the speeches. I do want action. I voted for DeSantis in the poll, but honestly, best bet would be Trump/DeSantis in 2024 then DeSantis in 2028/2032. This country is f'd up and a lot of government agencies need to have their houses cleaned at the upper levels. I am talking even criminal charges for some, and clear firing of many and NO pensions. First place to start is the FBI, it really is losing the trust of the people and more and more people are seeing it as the armed wing of the DNC since its all they go after hard is the DNC enemies.

Easiest one is can the 87k new armed IRS agents. Simply eliminate the positions.

Oh I would completely disband the FBI, every swinging dick. Quantico would be shut down. HRT too. In that case I have ZERO qualms about throwing the baby out with the bathwater. These much ballyhooed "honest rank and file agents" haven't shown up. You're ALL fired. Go be a county sheriff's deputy somewhere.

Diamondback
08-13-22, 19:40
Oh I would completely disband the FBI, every swinging dick. Quantico would be shut down. HRT too. In that case I have ZERO qualms about throwing the baby out with the bathwater. These much ballyhooed "honest rank and file agents" haven't shown up. You're ALL fired. Go be a county sheriff's deputy somewhere.

Not even that, stationhouse janitors.

Buncheong
08-13-22, 19:54
But to be fair many boomers can’t, or won’t, admit where we really are as a Country.

Truth ^

.45fan
08-13-22, 20:14
This fantasy that the media and deep state would not have make a circus out of any Republican President, even the “nice ones” like Jeb! needs to stop.

I know it’s hard to admit, especially for boomers, but this is where we are now. It was easy to blame it all on Trump’s personality, but we need to start seeing the world as it is, and not as we want it to be. The next GOP nominee is going to be “LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER” no matter who it ends up being.

That doesn’t mean you need to like Trump’s personality, it means you need to value his willingness to fight. Any GOP politician who tucks tail and runs when the fake news calls them racist is worthless. Less than worthless, they are an anchor.

If DeSantis runs this time I think he has a lot wins in FL to run on. I would rather see him challenge Trump and get some national campaign experience than be VP. I also think bringing him in as Secretary of State vs VP would be a better use of his skills.I personally think trumps childish behavior after the loss is why he is unelectable.

Trump is anti gun, so he pissed on millions of voters there, and after the loss there was zero way for him to be president, to my knowledge. So having the lawyers tell people to not vote cost us the senate.

Eff trump, I voted against Hilary in 16, burden in 20 and will vote against the dumbocrat candidate in 2024, I do know there are many people saying they will stay home if trump wins the nomination, which is why I said we will be stuck with the current circus four more years. He is to old and a liar on "drain the swamp", being pro gun, etc, etc, etc.

He needs to step back and let someone electable to run.

ABNAK
08-13-22, 20:54
I personally think trumps childish behavior after the loss is why he is unelectable.

Trump is anti gun, so he pissed on millions of voters there, and after the loss there was zero way for him to be president, to my knowledge. So having the lawyers tell people to not vote cost us the senate.

Eff trump, I voted against Hilary in 16, burden in 20 and will vote against the dumbocrat candidate in 2024, I do know there are many people saying they will stay home if trump wins the nomination, which is why I said we will be stuck with the current circus four more years. He is to old and a liar on "drain the swamp", being pro gun, etc, etc, etc.

He needs to step back and let someone electable to run.

King-Maker, not King.

.45fan
08-13-22, 21:04
King-Maker, not King.Ok
I'm good with that.

SteyrAUG
08-13-22, 22:48
I personally think trumps childish behavior after the loss is why he is unelectable.

Actually before that. He really needed somebody to manage his Twitter account. When you are the CEO of your own company you can say or post anything that pops in your head, when you are in the position of being the leader of the ENTIRE country you need to at least play nice. And sometimes you say nothing because it is better than saying something.

When you are the President, it's like being a guest in somebodies house. You don't have to eat their food, you don't have to agree with their politics but unless they are doing something criminal...you don't insult people in their own home. Trump could have been far more successful, he didn't have a congressional voting record so he had almost a clean slate.

I understand he played Compromise Tactics 101 with most people because it's a game he understood. You start with a ridiculous extreme like "I'm gonna build a wall and Mexico will pay for it" and then offer concessions to meet somewhere in the middle which is acceptable and closer to your realistic goal. But you can't just go on Twitter and piss off everyone when you are supposed to be looking out for them.

As a real estate developer / reality tv minor celebrity who has MILLIONS he could pull that crap because nobody cared. But when you are President you have to put on your grown up pants, somebody should have told him. He could have maintained his exact policies, appointments and if he just knocked off the stupid shit he might have gotten that second term. But he couldn't stop running his mouth and saying crap any more than Hillary was able so he took himself out of the game.

When Republican voters don't feel good about voting for you and you simply because a "vote to block", you have F'ed it up. And please spare me the stolen election nonsense, it's not the first time, everyone has been doing everything they can to steal every election since Bush / Gore 2000 and honestly even before that.

During the GOP primaries one of the nominees (I think it was Cruz) announced that another opponent dropped out of the race (which wasn't true at the time) in order to win a substantial number of their votes and while nothing was done about it, that was an attempt to steal an election. It goes on all the time at all levels and it's simply part of the game at this point.

BoringGuy45
08-14-22, 06:53
King-Maker, not King.

He's not even that. He handpicks loyalists to him, and has twisted much of the GOP to be all about obeying and worshiping him with all other issues a distant second. In order to get nominated by the GOP these days, one needs to be a hardcore ally or underling to Trump, and must make their main platform about the 2020 election. Unfortunately, those are the two things that make many independents reconsider voting Republican.

The sad thing is, the vast majority of registered Republicans would rather lose the 2024 election than even consider backing someone else. If denying woke beliefs like transgenderism or everything being racist will get you cancelled on by the left, criticizing Trump for anything will get you cancelled by the right. Die hard conservatives are being rebranded as RINOs and liberals being purged from the party for the single sin of questioning Trump.

ABNAK
08-14-22, 08:45
And please spare me the stolen election nonsense, it's not the first time, everyone has been doing everything they can to steal every election since Bush / Gore 2000 and honestly even before that.

During the GOP primaries one of the nominees (I think it was Cruz) announced that another opponent dropped out of the race (which wasn't true at the time) in order to win a substantial number of their votes and while nothing was done about it, that was an attempt to steal an election. It goes on all the time at all levels and it's simply part of the game at this point.

Your Cruz example was him being slick and playing fast and loose with the facts. What it is not is vote tampering and outright fraud. That is what sticks in the craw of many of us about 2020, like Trump or not. It didn't have to be nationwide, it just had to be targeted in specific areas where the Electoral College game could be swayed.

Trump won TN by 23 points; ain't gonna cheat your way out of that. Xiden won Kali by a shitload, no need to cheat there. But you pick maybe 6 key states where things are pretty close, where due to the intentional "panic" of COVID you have, in violation of your own state constitution's procedures, enacted mail-in voting then katy bar the door, it's a Democrat's wet dream. Hell, forget Dominion for a moment. I personally watched Pelosi, in March of 2020 (a full EIGHT months before the election) call for mail-in voting because of a pandemic in it's infancy.....there is no way in hell she could have predicted how long it would last, but saw an opportunity.

I recall quite well: counting mysteriously stopped at oh-dark-thirty (which I had never seen before, during POTUS elections you keep going until finished) and magically Biden was ahead significantly when it resumed. Wait, I thought you stopped counting? Then the security cams (oops!) of inner-city scum at the counting centers in some of these states pulling out suitcases and containers of votes from under tables during the "lull". Observers being thrown out and blinds pulled so no one could see what was occurring. Then we have "2000 Mules", which is pretty eye-opening. Of course they also allowed votes to be counted days after the election. All the mail-in ballots marked only for POTUS, no down-ticket races. Gee, nothing suspicious there huh? Someone else in this thread or another one mentioned that in PA they got TWO mail-in ballots and voted in person. Don't forget we also had to greatly loosen the signature verification process too. Can't have pesky validation requirements getting in the way. Nah, it was all on the up-and-up. :rolleyes:

As has been mentioned previously by Pinzgauer, in the Senate runoff in GA the Left openly called for people to "move" there and establish "residency" so they could vote. That was also in clear violation of state voting rules but nothing was done about it. That gave the Dems the trifecta hat-trick of controlling both chambers of Congress and the White House.

Steyr you can believe what you want but I will NEVER be convinced that Biden should be sitting in the White House now. Yeah yeah, the Dems have always cheated, yada yada. That may be true, but nothing to this scale and sophistication. All of it precipitated by COVID and the excuses for "We can't do it the normal way now". Bullshit, you sure as hell can. If you can't see how the Dems are pushing for mail-in voting yet again then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Why do they want it so badly? Because it worked so well this last time. Like I said, forget Dominion in the argument.

2020 stunk to high heaven. If they try those shenanigans again I hope the observers bum-rush those counting centers and bust heads. Then I'd like to sit on their jury, but doubt it will happen in my state so I wouldn't get the opportunity to hang a jury.

ABNAK
08-14-22, 08:56
So looking at the poll in the OP thus far it shows that 4 out of 5 (80%) would want someone other than Trump on the ticket in 2024. I think the Trump diehards overestimate his popularity.

AndyLate
08-14-22, 09:13
So looking at the poll in the OP thus far it shows that 4 out of 5 (80%) would want someone other than Trump on the ticket in 2024. I think the Trump diehards overestimate his popularity.

No. Trump is the only candidate. Our enlightened Democrat party, hollow be their names, have no need to expend time, energy, or money worrying about any other candidate. They need to keep investigating orange satan, infighting, and denying Brandon's mental incapacity. No question that will drive D wins in 2022 and 2024, just ask the polls.

Andy

HKGuns
08-14-22, 09:17
Die hard conservatives are being rebranded as RINOs and liberals being purged from the party for the single sin of questioning Trump.

Examples please? The Utah RINO is still there and he ran his idiot pie hole constantly about Trump. You're trying to tell me we're better off with him than without him?

The issue with the "Parties" is BOTH put party before country 99% of the time and have no interest in solving problems. Their power is based solely on repeating the same "issues" over and over, doing nothing to resolve them. That assumes they are even real issues, which some are not.

This ain't the high school glee club, far too many party "members" are idiots who shouldn't even whiff power of any kind.

BoringGuy45
08-14-22, 10:25
Examples please? The Utah RINO is still there and he ran his idiot pie hole constantly about Trump. You're trying to tell me we're better off with him than without him?

The issue with the "Parties" is BOTH put party before country 99% of the time and have no interest in solving problems. Their power is based solely on repeating the same "issues" over and over, doing nothing to resolve them. That assumes they are even real issues, which some are not.

This ain't the high school glee club, far too many party "members" are idiots who shouldn't even whiff power of any kind.

See there’s the problem I’m talking about: the assumption that if you’re not with Trump, you’re a liberal, Romney Republican or a member of the Lincoln Project. I hate this idea that you can’t be a true conservative and NOT like Trump.

ABNAK
08-14-22, 10:32
See there’s the problem I’m talking about: the assumption that if you’re not with Trump, you’re a liberal, Romney Republican or a member of the Lincoln Project. I hate this idea that you can’t be a true conservative and NOT like Trump.

I'm about as conservative (small "c") as they come and I don't want Trump in 2024. As I've stated elsewhere, should he run and win the primary I will reluctantly hold my nose and vote for him in the general (for a third time). However, I sure as hell ain't casting my vote for him in the primary.

BoringGuy45
08-14-22, 10:38
Your Cruz example was him being slick and playing fast and loose with the facts. What it is not is vote tampering and outright fraud. That is what sticks in the craw of many of us about 2020, like Trump or not. It didn't have to be nationwide, it just had to be targeted in specific areas where the Electoral College game could be swayed.

Trump won TN by 23 points; ain't gonna cheat your way out of that. Xiden won Kali by a shitload, no need to cheat there. But you pick maybe 6 key states where things are pretty close, where due to the intentional "panic" of COVID you have, in violation of your own state constitution's procedures, enacted mail-in voting then katy bar the door, it's a Democrat's wet dream. Hell, forget Dominion for a moment. I personally watched Pelosi, in March of 2020 (a full EIGHT months before the election) call for mail-in voting because of a pandemic in it's infancy.....there is no way in hell she could have predicted how long it would last, but saw an opportunity.

I recall quite well: counting mysteriously stopped at oh-dark-thirty (which I had never seen before, during POTUS elections you keep going until finished) and magically Biden was ahead significantly when it resumed. Wait, I thought you stopped counting? Then the security cams (oops!) of inner-city scum at the counting centers in some of these states pulling out suitcases and containers of votes from under tables during the "lull". Observers being thrown out and blinds pulled so no one could see what was occurring. Then we have "2000 Mules", which is pretty eye-opening. Of course they also allowed votes to be counted days after the election. All the mail-in ballots marked only for POTUS, no down-ticket races. Gee, nothing suspicious there huh? Someone else in this thread or another one mentioned that in PA they got TWO mail-in ballots and voted in person. Don't forget we also had to greatly loosen the signature verification process too. Can't have pesky validation requirements getting in the way. Nah, it was all on the up-and-up. :rolleyes:

As has been mentioned previously by Pinzgauer, in the Senate runoff in GA the Left openly called for people to "move" there and establish "residency" so they could vote. That was also in clear violation of state voting rules but nothing was done about it. That gave the Dems the trifecta hat-trick of controlling both chambers of Congress and the White House.

Steyr you can believe what you want but I will NEVER be convinced that Biden should be sitting in the White House now. Yeah yeah, the Dems have always cheated, yada yada. That may be true, but nothing to this scale and sophistication. All of it precipitated by COVID and the excuses for "We can't do it the normal way now". Bullshit, you sure as hell can. If you can't see how the Dems are pushing for mail-in voting yet again then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Why do they want it so badly? Because it worked so well this last time. Like I said, forget Dominion in the argument.

2020 stunk to high heaven. If they try those shenanigans again I hope the observers bum-rush those counting centers and bust heads. Then I'd like to sit on their jury, but doubt it will happen in my state so I wouldn't get the opportunity to hang a jury.

Okay, but here's something else to consider. If there were shenanigans in 2020, then why is there only a 50/50 Senate? They already knew Manchin The Maine and North Carolina races were extremely close, and Collins was actually behind in the polls in ME. If they were going to fix the presidential races in AZ, PA, GA, WI, etc., why not also fix it in NC, and also fix the Senate races? That way, they would have had a 52-48 majority, they could kill the fillibuster, pack the Court, and do all the things they want without opposition? It makes no sense that they would steal the presidential election and then not steal the Senate.

BoringGuy45
08-14-22, 10:52
I'm about as conservative (small "c") as they come and I don't want Trump in 2024. As I've stated elsewhere, should he run and win the primary I will reluctantly hold my nose and vote for him in the general (for a third time). However, I sure as hell ain't casting my vote for him in the primary.

I don’t believe that all conservatives think like this. I’m a conservative, although more right leaning than “as conservative as you can get.” I only voted Democrat twice in my life, and that was 16 years ago, and the GOP candidates were actually more liberal in those races (the Republicans were social liberals and fiscal conservatives while the Dems were fiscal and social moderates) and almost always support more conservative stances when push comes to shove. But according to some, I’m no better than Mitt Romney or Susan Collins, so my issue is with hard core Trumpers who have become the right wing’s cancel culture and think that I’m a traitor because I don’t think Trump is the best means to our ends

ABNAK
08-14-22, 10:59
Okay, but here's something else to consider. If there were shenanigans in 2020, then why is there only a 50/50 Senate? They already knew Manchin The Maine and North Carolina races were extremely close, and Collins was actually behind in the polls in ME. If they were going to fix the presidential races in AZ, PA, GA, WI, etc., why not also fix it in NC, and also fix the Senate races? That way, they would have had a 52-48 majority, they could kill the fillibuster, pack the Court, and do all the things they want without opposition? It makes no sense that they would steal the presidential election and then not steal the Senate.

Well at 50/50 Kumalla is the deciding vote. Perhaps easier to focus on one race---the most important one---than all of it? Remember all the mail-in ballots I mentioned with no down-ticket races picked, only POTUS.

.45fan
08-14-22, 10:59
Actually before that. He really needed somebody to manage his Twitter account. When you are the CEO of your own company you can say or post anything that pops in your head, when you are in the position of being the leader of the ENTIRE country you need to at least play nice. And sometimes you say nothing because it is better than saying something.

When you are the President, it's like being a guest in somebodies house. You don't have to eat their food, you don't have to agree with their politics but unless they are doing something criminal...you don't insult people in their own home. Trump could have been far more successful, he didn't have a congressional voting record so he had almost a clean slate.

I understand he played Compromise Tactics 101 with most people because it's a game he understood. You start with a ridiculous extreme like "I'm gonna build a wall and Mexico will pay for it" and then offer concessions to meet somewhere in the middle which is acceptable and closer to your realistic goal. But you can't just go on Twitter and piss off everyone when you are supposed to be looking out for them.

As a real estate developer / reality tv minor celebrity who has MILLIONS he could pull that crap because nobody cared. But when you are President you have to put on your grown up pants, somebody should have told him. He could have maintained his exact policies, appointments and if he just knocked off the stupid shit he might have gotten that second term. But he couldn't stop running his mouth and saying crap any more than Hillary was able so he took himself out of the game.

When Republican voters don't feel good about voting for you and you simply because a "vote to block", you have F'ed it up. And please spare me the stolen election nonsense, it's not the first time, everyone has been doing everything they can to steal every election since Bush / Gore 2000 and honestly even before that.

During the GOP primaries one of the nominees (I think it was Cruz) announced that another opponent dropped out of the race (which wasn't true at the time) in order to win a substantial number of their votes and while nothing was done about it, that was an attempt to steal an election. It goes on all the time at all levels and it's simply part of the game at this point.Very well said.

ABNAK
08-14-22, 11:02
I don’t believe that all conservatives think like this. I’m a conservative, although more right leaning than “as conservative as you can get.” I only voted Democrat twice in my life, and that was 16 years ago, and the GOP candidates were actually more liberal in those races (the Republicans were social liberals and fiscal conservatives while the Dems were fiscal and social moderates) and almost always support more conservative stances when push comes to shove. But according to some, I’m no better than Mitt Romney or Susan Collins, so my issue is with hard core Trumpers who have become the right wing’s cancel culture and think that I’m a traitor because I don’t think Trump is the best means to our ends

I think our little impromptu poll here shows that Trump is a legend in his own mind. Maybe his power or the power of the Always Trumpers is a bit exaggerated.

BoringGuy45
08-14-22, 11:03
Well at 50/50 Kumalla is the deciding vote. Perhaps easier to focus on one race---the most important one---than all of it? Remember all the mail-in ballots I mentioned with no down-ticket races picked, only POTUS.

Yeah, but Manchin and Sinema are in the way. It was a shortsighted fix if that’s how they did it.

.45fan
08-14-22, 11:17
See there’s the problem I’m talking about: the assumption that if you’re not with Trump, you’re a liberal, Romney Republican or a member of the Lincoln Project. I hate this idea that you can’t be a true conservative and NOT like Trump.As you've seen my posts above, I am not a trump fan (using Tapatalk so no poll is available) but have to say, Romney, Collins, Mukowski, etc are not true conservatives. If I'm wrong and they are I'm all effed up on who I am, because 99% of the time I disagree with these people. I hear/use the term RINO to describe them, am I wrong?

ABNAK
08-14-22, 11:25
Question for the 2020 election fraud naysayers:

Are you okay with a repeat of the [very] loosely administered mail-in voting? I'm not talking about absentee ballots, which are sent out one per voter upon official request. I'm talking about exactly how it occurred in 2020......a few key states mail out ballots to everyone in the state. Little to no verification, just "count 'em all". If you are not okay with that then why?

I'm tellin' ya folks, the biggest threat to our country as we know it is illegitimately "elected" people in power. They shouldn't be there. Yet they are. They will try 2020 again. 2022 might not be worth the all-out effort (although I'd keep a damn close eye on it), but you better damn well believe that 2024 will be. Those POTUS election years are the Big Prize.

You guys insinuating that Trump screwed himself and his lack of popularity cost him the election, and not fraud, need to consider this: Biden *supposedly* got the most votes ever (if you believe it, I don't). Yep, the basement-dwelling moron. Yet Trump got the second most votes ever. Now if he was so unpopular how did that happen? Sure, half this country hated him, but they can go fvck themselves as far as I'm concerned. This "Trump screwed himself" theory, and not fraud, doesn't make sense. Yeah, he certainly was/is polarizing, but it isn't like Biden was endearing to anyone.

HKGuns
08-14-22, 12:02
See there’s the problem I’m talking about: the assumption that if you’re not with Trump, you’re a liberal, Romney Republican or a member of the Lincoln Project.

Where in the hell did you get that from? Re-read my post and don’t put words in my mouth.

ETA: Oh and you didn’t even answer the question, just made assumptions and slung accusations.

czgunner
08-14-22, 13:27
I'm not sure if its been mentioned yet, but most Americans are simple minded idiots. They want to be emotionally moved by a candidate. Some might say it's what makes somebody electable. There are people that would be a fantastic president, but because they aren't exciting or good looking, or whatever, "conservatives" and "republicans" won't get off their rear ends and vote. Like it or not, we are in high school voting for a prom king/queen.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ChattanoogaPhil
08-14-22, 14:14
Darling of the media and democrats (useful idiot), republican Liz Cheney, is reportedly about to get smoked by Trump-backed primary challenger Harriet Hageman. It will make my day if Trump-hating Liz Cheney is ousted by her constituents. That Mitt Romney supports Cheney will make her loss even sweeter.

czgunner
08-14-22, 14:43
Darling of the media and democrats (useful idiot), republican Liz Cheney, is reportedly about to get smoked by Trump-backed primary challenger Harriet Hageman. It will make my day if Trump-hating Liz Cheney is ousted by her constituents. That Mitt Romney supports Cheney will make her loss even sweeter.I'm looking forward to voting on Tuesday to fire her.

SteyrAUG
08-14-22, 15:03
Steyr you can believe what you want but I will NEVER be convinced that Biden should be sitting in the White House now. Yeah yeah, the Dems have always cheated, yada yada. That may be true, but nothing to this scale and sophistication.

I don't disagree with you. But just because they took it farther than they've ever done simply means the goal posts have been adjusted to permit it. I don't believe Biden should be in the White House, but he's there and a big part of the reason why is so many people are "ok" with that and some of that is because Trump should have been focused on the game and not posting on Twitter.

Politics are corrupt, theft is a job skill. Shouldn't be like that, but it is.

gaijin
08-14-22, 15:23

I do not care if it "makes us no better than them". I do not care if it "further divides the country". Half this country can go f**k itself as far as I'm concerned.

My man. In Fukking Spades.

ChattanoogaPhil
08-14-22, 15:47
I'm looking forward to voting on Tuesday to fire her.

Daddy Dick looked possessed in his TV ad calling Trump a coward.

czgunner
08-14-22, 15:49
Daddy Dick looked possessed in his TV ad calling Trump a coward.Yeah, we've had to listen to his stupid mouth on the radio the last few weeks as he tries to pimp his trash daughter. He's a big part of the problem with our politics.

pinzgauer
08-14-22, 16:38
I don't buy the "mainstream Republicans are in love with Trump to the point of obsession" talking points some are saying here.

Most I know will vote in the primary for candidates similar to DeSantis (or whoever runs this time). But if Trump wins the primary, will absolutely roll with them.

Just like last time.

But I do have to admit that Trump got a lot done, more than most. And I can only point to a couple things that I thought he was on the wrong side of.

So in that regard it puts him way ahead of pretty much every Republican president or election contender since Reagan. (Doyle? Romney? McCain? All slimy rinos)

BoringGuy45
08-14-22, 16:47
As you've seen my posts above, I am not a trump fan (using Tapatalk so no poll is available) but have to say, Romney, Collins, Mukowski, etc are not true conservatives. If I'm wrong and they are I'm all effed up on who I am, because 99% of the time I disagree with these people. I hear/use the term RINO to describe them, am I wrong?

No, you’re right. The problem is that many people are calling true conservatives who aren’t hardcore MAGA “RINO” as well.

Todd.K
08-14-22, 17:43
It’s important to understand your enemy. The never Trump isn’t about Trump. It’s about you. Remember the establishment hatred of the tea party. Regular, dirty, working class people disgust the establishment.

I don’t know any fan of Trump who isn’t honest about his faults. Some still support, more are leaning towards DeSantis.

I don’t know anyone who hates Trump that is honest about what he did accomplish, how much of the establishment worked to hind him back, and how much we needed him to see just how bad the swamp is.

ABNAK
08-14-22, 18:27
I'm not sure if its been mentioned yet, but most Americans are simple minded idiots. They want to be emotionally moved by a candidate. Some might say it's what makes somebody electable. There are people that would be a fantastic president, but because they aren't exciting or good looking, or whatever, "conservatives" and "republicans" won't get off their rear ends and vote. Like it or not, we are in high school voting for a prom king/queen. Spot on.

And unfortunately there is WAAAYYY too much truth in what you posted. I agree wholeheartedly.

ABNAK
08-14-22, 18:29
I don't disagree with you. But just because they took it farther than they've ever done simply means the goal posts have been adjusted to permit it. I don't believe Biden should be in the White House, but he's there and a big part of the reason why is so many people are "ok" with that and some of that is because Trump should have been focused on the game and not posting on Twitter.

Politics are corrupt, theft is a job skill. Shouldn't be like that, but it is.

Yep. I don't think we're that far apart.

Diamondback
08-14-22, 18:39
And unfortunately there is WAAAYYY too much truth in what you posted. I agree wholeheartedly.

Indeed. If this were a nation of serious, thinking people we'd have had eight years of President Fred Thompson instead of Nero the Zero.

ABNAK
08-14-22, 18:42
Indeed. If this were a nation of serious, thinking people we'd have had eight years of President Fred Thompson instead of Nero the Zero.

From your lips to God's ears!

Diamondback
08-14-22, 19:00
From your lips to God's ears!

I suspect this is why things keep getting ever worse, God sheltering us from ever less of the consequences of our collective mistakes trying to shock His rebellious children to see the light. I'm SURE somewhere beyond the Pearly Gates He is facepalming every five minutes in exasperation about "what's it gonna take for you idiots to learn the lesson down there?!"

This seems relevant from our "weekly devotionals" thread on an old-time AF vets-and-families board...
Psalm 43:1 Vindicate me, my God, and plead my cause against an unfaithful nation.

SteyrAUG
08-14-22, 19:16

No kidding.

SteyrAUG
08-14-22, 19:20
I think people need to settle in for the fact that the Roe v Wade reversal will be one of the defining issues of the 2024 election.

https://www.newsweek.com/republicans-fear-abortion-ruling-will-bail-dems-out-2024-midterms-1719179

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-2022-midterm-elections-us-supreme-court-presidential-kristi-noem-d3b6fa5ff263e79aab1ef86bdfaf0860

For me it's frustrating because it ranks almost at the bottom of my list with gay marriage as something I feel strongly about and I think it could easily hand the Dems a win.

Diamondback
08-14-22, 19:48
I think people need to settle in for the fact that the Roe v Wade reversal will be one of the defining issues of the 2024 election.

https://www.newsweek.com/republicans-fear-abortion-ruling-will-bail-dems-out-2024-midterms-1719179

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-2022-midterm-elections-us-supreme-court-presidential-kristi-noem-d3b6fa5ff263e79aab1ef86bdfaf0860

For me it's frustrating because it ranks almost at the bottom of my list with gay marriage as something I feel strongly about and I think it could easily hand the Dems a win.

Cynically, this is why I suspect some Leftist (and I include their cockswallowers like Roberts in that group too) leaked the opinion, trying to force SCOTUS to go hard Right so they could gin up the Outrage Machine and cancel the Red Tide with a combo of driven core Blue constituency GOTV and simultaneously freak out the so-stupid-I-wonder-how-they-BREATHE-without-help normies, while at the same time killing one of the Republicans' most vocal and energetic issue-constituencies.

And lemme be quite blunt here to ALL sides (and let me be even more explicit about this side-note, Steyr, that I'm not calling you out personally just a general rant to the "oh I don't like cleaning up my mess DADDY GOV SAVE ME!" crowd who don't understand the concept of "limitations of powers")--abortion, whether forcing legalization or forcing prohibition nationwide, is NOT an area where the States delegated their powers to the Federal Government and therefore is a butt-the-f***-out State matter. If you want to change that, pass a damn Constitutional amendment just like the Karens and the Fun Gestapo did for Prohibition. Yes, it's a hard process. Tough f***ing shit, bitches--letting any part of the FeralGov exceed its authorized powers is how delusions-of-godhood Usurper Earl Warren got us into this mess on this issue, and how Wilson, FDR and LBJ (piss be eternally upon them) dug this Deep State abyss we're suck trying to figure out how to climb out of, and now that the chains of the Constitution have been weakened... well, think on this.

"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!" If Sir Thomas More is too Dead Old Guy for you, perhaps a nice conversation about "rules" with Winston at the New York Continental Hotel would be more your speed.

hotbiggun42
08-14-22, 22:42

Lol, no. I remember Fred Thompson investigating china giving campaign contributions to the demacrats. Fred found evidence of of democrats taking money but he decided it was not illegal. I lost all faith in the man after that fiasco.

SteyrAUG
08-14-22, 23:00
Lol, no. I remember Fred Thompson investigating china giving campaign contributions to the demacrats. Fred found evidence of of democrats taking money but he decided it was not illegal. I lost all faith in the man after that fiasco.

If that is all you've got, I've got a candidate for "could have been the greatest President in the last 35 years." The main issue with Thompson was he either didn't have what it took to move forward or he realized he didn't actually want it.

SteyrAUG
08-14-22, 23:03
Cynically, this is why I suspect some Leftist (and I include their cockswallowers like Roberts in that group too) leaked the opinion, trying to force SCOTUS to go hard Right so they could gin up the Outrage Machine and cancel the Red Tide with a combo of driven core Blue constituency GOTV and simultaneously freak out the so-stupid-I-wonder-how-they-BREATHE-without-help normies, while at the same time killing one of the Republicans' most vocal and energetic issue-constituencies.

I don't think anyone needs to by cynical to arrive at exactly THAT conclusion. I'll go you one further, it was allowed to happen in the belief that the backlash would be so overwhelming it would guarantee a Democratic victory in 2024 and would permit that administration to replace Roe v. Wade with something so set in cement it would have more protection than the entire Bill of Rights.

This might be the most important election since 2000.

Lacos
08-14-22, 23:04
Trump, just to see the look on Pelosi's face. I think it will be Trump/DeSantis on the ticket

Diamondback
08-15-22, 00:05
Remember, folks, the Average Normie makes steaming dogcrap look both switched-on and MENSA caliber. They don't know, they don't wanna know, just "MUHFEEWINGS!!! That sounds skeery so I haz sadz in my panties!" *snort*

Dear Lord, I wonder how our country has survived with an electorate of retarded-goldfish minds like that...

SteyrAUG
08-15-22, 00:15
Trump, just to see the look on Pelosi's face. I think it will be Trump/DeSantis on the ticket

Much as I enjoyed it last time, much as I'd love to see it happen again, running Trump is just going to hand it to the Dems for the same reasons that running Hillary handed it to Trump back in 2016.

ABNAK
08-15-22, 08:08
Much as I enjoyed it last time, much as I'd love to see it happen again, running Trump is just going to hand it to the Dems for the same reasons that running Hillary handed it to Trump back in 2016.

Correct. I won't even go into the delusional "Four more years of Trump to clean house then eight years of DeSantis!" garbage that was kind of hinted at in his post.

jwfuhrman
08-16-22, 00:05
I genuinely hope Trump gets the Nom, wins and we see scores of Jonestown reenactments from Dems all over the country. Like numbers to rival the fake Rona counts.

Now I have Mt Dew all over the dash of my ambulance...... I ****ing laughed so hard I spewed it everywhere.

Diamondback
08-16-22, 00:17
Now I have Mt Dew all over the dash of my ambulance...... I ****ing laughed so hard I spewed it everywhere.

One of my favorite things back in the Scamdemic... "You say my not getting your clotshot and not wearing a Fauci burka is 'killing you'... why aren't you dead yet, then?" Rooting for Full Kingsman Splodeyhead Fireworks Show here, myself.

Who knows, maybe we can try to get Seattle to "Jump Against Trump" from the top of the Needle...

Straight Shooter
08-16-22, 00:23
If that is all you've got, I've got a candidate for "could have been the greatest President in the last 35 years." The main issue with Thompson was he either didn't have what it took to move forward or he realized he didn't actually want it.

Fred was from about 45 minutes to an hour or so down the road from me now. I liked him alright...but like EVERYONE ELSE he did some shit I didnt like.
During the Clinton impeachment, I was listening to it whilst I was trucking...he voted against one of the articles of impeachment against that demon..I damn near ran off the road I was screaming so loud & pissed off. I lost a LOT of love for him after that.
And- you are 100% right- I always thought he DID NOT really want to be President, as he made a half assed run for it.

SteyrAUG
08-16-22, 03:06
Fred was from about 45 minutes to an hour or so down the road from me now. I liked him alright...but like EVERYONE ELSE he did some shit I didnt like.
During the Clinton impeachment, I was listening to it whilst I was trucking...he voted against one of the articles of impeachment against that demon..I damn near ran off the road I was screaming so loud & pissed off. I lost a LOT of love for him after that.
And- you are 100% right- I always thought he DID NOT really want to be President, as he made a half assed run for it.

He was right about that too. Clinton was gonna get impeached like Hillary was gonna be thrown in prison. Thompson saw the dog and pony show for what it is and decided to not vote to burn witches. Of all the things Clinton actually DID, that we went after him for that just pathetic.

Then we got the Jimmy Swaggart version of "I've sinned..."

teufelhund1918
08-16-22, 05:12
I would love to say I would vote for Trump as I think he is the man to turn this country back around, but I have to stick to my guns when it comes to his age. There is a time when your mental faculties begin to decline and he is getting to that age IMHO. I'm glad he is endorsing people both locally and nationally. I really believe he could be more effective by doing what he is doing now with local and national politics. I wish he and others would come up with their version of a "Contract with America". If someone asks for his endorsement, they have to agree with the ideals and agree to have their feet held to the fire. But good luck there. We are talking about politicians....

Diamondback
08-16-22, 08:22
I would love to say I would vote for Trump as I think he is the man to turn this country back around, but I have to stick to my guns when it comes to his age. There is a time when your mental faculties begin to decline and he is getting to that age IMHO. I'm glad he is endorsing people both locally and nationally. I really believe he could be more effective by doing what he is doing now with local and national politics. I wish he and others would come up with their version of a "Contract with America". If someone asks for his endorsement, they have to agree with the ideals and agree to have their feet held to the fire. But good luck there. We are talking about politicians....

This. If I'm Trump, I announce CWA2.0, and declare that MAGAPAC will ONLY donate to and endorse CWA2.0 signers--and that anyone who breaches the contract has an amount equal to whatever MAGAPAC funding they received already in escrow waiting for a Primary Challenger. As much fun as watching Lefties light their hair on fire again would be... well, I don't see his ego letting him do this, but the ideal would be win for the vindication, be the hatchetman and ram Schedule F through and start firing everybody, then in late January 2027 just after half-term announce retirement (like Jack Ryan from the Presidency in Clancy's novels) and pass the torch to VP DeSantis to finish out the term then serve two full ones of his own.

Sadly, that's about as likely as learning to crap diamonds... so we're stuck having to "go to war with the army we have" and figure out how to get results with the assets we have while we try to raise and train the needed reinforcements, kind of like the early-stage war with Japan up to about Coral Sea and Midway. The other problem is how readily the right splinters into personality cults, well illustrated by my own state being stuck with Impeacher Newhouse because some Mouthbreathing Retards claiming to be on the "throw the bum out" side were too damn stupid to rally behind Culp and threw their votes to a spoiler.

ChattanoogaPhil
08-16-22, 12:30
Age?

I believe Trump is sharper than men half his age.

Ever listen to a Trump rally? He's not forgetting names, stumbling over words and sure as hell doesn't need a teleprompter to tell him what to say... for hours at a time. Ever listen to Obama without a teleprompter to tell him what to say? Uh.. Uh... Um... Um... Uh. About the only time George W was able to string together two coherent sentences without stumbling was when he was talking about his religion. Probably one of the few subjects he actually believed what he was saying or otherwise understood.

Trump has operated businesses around the globe. He understands how the world works and personally knows a lot of the players. President Trump succeeded while others predicted doom.

Anyway... It's about policy, not age. Don't care if Biden is 30 or if AOC is 80. No thanks.

Straight Shooter
08-16-22, 14:28
He was right about that too. Clinton was gonna get impeached like Hillary was gonna be thrown in prison. Thompson saw the dog and pony show for what it is and decided to not vote to burn witches. Of all the things Clinton actually DID, that we went after him for that just pathetic.

Then we got the Jimmy Swaggart version of "I've sinned..."

We will have to disagree on that brother- I wanted that pedo scoundrel convicted if for nothing more than spittin on the sidewalk.
And correct on the Jimmy Swaggert apology. My only consolation is knowing the complete, absolute, utter & total HELL he had to live with, named Hillary, during all that. Remember reading someone at the WH reported that a couple days after the news broke..he was eating a bowl of cereal, with his head down, with SHE-BITCH was standing over him riding his ass like a government mule. I hope he caught hell, cause he's gonna FOR REAL one day.

gsd2053
08-16-22, 14:33
Looks like we have 5 people who want other than Trump or DeSantis to be the Republican candidate.

5 democrats?

HKGuns
08-16-22, 14:33
What has DeSantis said about the FBI raid of Trumps resort home?

Where has he been since this news broke?

How many questions has he taken on the subject and what were his answers?

Most of y’all are falling hook line and sinker for the deep state fake.

I don’t necessarily dislike DeSantis, but he is normally quite vocal on such matters and the silence is deafening. I wonder why that could be?

gsd2053
08-16-22, 14:38
Age?

I believe Trump is sharper than men half his age.

Ever listen to a Trump rally? He's not forgetting names, stumbling over words and sure as hell doesn't need a teleprompter to tell him what to say... for hours at a time. Ever listen to Obama without a teleprompter to tell him what to say? Uh.. Uh... Um... Um... Uh. About the only time George W was able to string together two coherent sentences without stumbling was when he was talking about his religion. Probably one of the few subjects he actually believed what he was saying or otherwise understood.

Trump has operated businesses around the globe. He understands how the world works and personally knows a lot of the players. President Trump succeeded while others predicted doom.

Anyway... It's about policy, not age. Don't care if Biden is 30 or if AOC is 80. No thanks.
I agree. Some people are sharp as a tack in their 90's.

It depends on the person. I say he has shown me he can do it every time I see him. Never a question.

gsd2053
08-16-22, 14:48
I agree. Some people are sharp as a tack in their 90's.

It depends on the person. I say he has shown me he can do it every time I see him. Never a question.
He is 76 so he has seen a lot. How he can have the umph he's got. Especially after what they've done to him. I don't know. He is that one in 10,000.

This kinda fits.

https://youtu.be/3vd-vm_hPeg

ChattanoogaPhil
08-16-22, 15:06
DeSantis pretty much covered all the bases in his response concerning the raid on Mar-a-Lago. Link here: https://nypost.com/2022/08/15/totally-off-the-rails-desantis-rips-fbis-mar-a-lago-raid/

As far as 2024 republican presidential politics... If Trump wants the nomination I believe it will be his. Of course circumstances can change at any time.

DeSantis is an attractive candidate and I'd vote for him in Trump's absence. I also like Cruz. I'd have enthusiastically voted for Cruz in 2016 if Trump hadn't won the nomination. I think Pompeo would make a great VP. The are others. GOP has a solid bench to choose from.

Diamondback
08-16-22, 15:12
I actually saw an amusing but unlikely thought over at Breitbart... what if DeSantis won and named Trump as his FBI Director or Atty General with the sole mandate of hatchet-man?

HKGuns
08-16-22, 15:18
DeSantis pretty much covered all the bases in his response concerning the raid on Mar-a-Lago. Link here: https://nypost.com/2022/08/15/totally-off-the-rails-desantis-rips-fbis-mar-a-lago-raid/

As far as 2024 republican presidential politics... If Trump wants the nomination I believe it will be his. Of course circumstances can change at any time.

DeSantis is an attractive candidate and I'd vote for him in Trump's absence. I also like Cruz. I'd have enthusiastically voted for Cruz in 2016 if Trump hadn't won the nomination. I think Pompeo would make a great VP. The are others. GOP has a solid bench to choose from.

I hadn’t seen that yet, thanks.

But that was just yesterday, so it took a while for him to go on the record.

Todd.K
08-16-22, 18:40
Looks like we have 5 people who want other than Trump or DeSantis to be the Republican candidate.

5 democrats?

Cruz, Pompeo, really any of the New Right may still convince me they will bring the pain and zero shits.

Never Trump wants nice Republican Jesus, I want Old Testament.

ABNAK
08-16-22, 18:59
I hadn’t seen that yet, thanks.

But that was just yesterday, so it took a while for him to go on the record.

When did Trump pardon the Jan. 6th rioters?

Not trying to be argumentative but that knife cuts both ways (DeSantis not vocal enough for some about the Mar-A-Lago raid).

ABNAK
08-16-22, 19:02
Cruz, Pompeo, really any of the New Right may still convince me they will bring the pain and zero shits.

Never Trump wants nice Republican Jesus, I want Old Testament.

Voted for Cruz in the 2016 primary, and he won my state.

There are Always/Only Trumpers, Never Trumpers, and the I'd Prefer Someone Else But Would Vote For Him Again people. I fall into the latter group. Done it twice already but would rather not have to do it again.

At this point in the poll there are 75% of folks who don't want Trump in the primary. That cannot bode well for his aspirations (if he has them of course, we don't know yet). Hopefully he can read the tea leaves and set his ego aside. It's not even close.

HKGuns
08-16-22, 19:32

Not trying to be argumentative but that knife cuts both ways (DeSantis not vocal enough for some about the Mar-A-Lago raid).

It’s not going to matter, because the fix is already in place.

Your vote no longer counts, which is why I didn’t vote in the primaries and won’t be voting in the general.

It’s too far gone to be repaired and something drastic needs doing.

gsd2053
08-16-22, 19:37

To my knowledge specific charges have to be placed on an individual. Before you can Pardon them. The specific person for a specific crimes has a specific pardon.

Trump said, Now it is up to Congress to confront this agregess assault on our democracy.

And after this were going to walk down and cheer on our brave senators and our brave congress men and women.

He did not say we will force our way into the capital via scaffolding and smashing windows. :stop:

So who specifically and for what crimes are you referring to?

gsd2053
08-16-22, 19:40
To my knowledge specific charges have to be placed on an individual. Before you can Pardon them. The specific person for a specific crimes has a specific pardon.

Trump said, Now it is up to Congress to confront this agregess assault on our democracy.

And after this were going to walk down and cheer on our brave senators and our brave congress men and women.

He did not say we will force our way into the capital via scaffolding and smashing windows. :stop:

I am certain. Many will be pardoned upon his return to power.

Todd.K
08-16-22, 20:23

Your vote no longer counts, which is why I didn’t vote in the primaries and won’t be voting in the general.

That’ll show em you mean business.

ABNAK
08-16-22, 20:25

I never suggested Trump was the cause of Jan. 6th, not at all. While hundreds have ultimately been charged and the Stasi investigation hadn't started in-depth yet, I'll guarantee you that in the next 2 weeks afterwards he could have gotten some names from the FBLie and/or DOJ. It wouldn't have amounted to the total number we have now but at least a few would've been knocked off the list by issuing a pardon.

HKGuns
08-16-22, 20:36
That’ll show em you mean business.

Do you honestly still believe any of them care what you, I or anyone else thinks.

Pay attention to the actions and ignore the lies spewing forth like vomit.

Burn it down.

ChattanoogaPhil
08-16-22, 21:36
All the money, name recognition and family history... bye bye Liz.

Todd.K
08-16-22, 23:29
Do you honestly still believe any of them care what you, I or anyone else thinks.

Cheney may not care, but that’s not going to matter much longer.

The Dumb Gun Collector
08-17-22, 00:06
Please dear Lord let it be DeSantis. I am over the Trump soap opera.

AndyLate
08-17-22, 00:27
All the money, name recognition and family history... bye bye Liz.

Good bye, good riddance, and good luck getting any of your liberal pals to call you once you leave office.

kirkland
08-17-22, 02:28

So just hand the election to the libs? This is exactly how we lost the senate. Everybody on the right started saying "votes don't count" and didn't show upnto the Georgia run off elections. We all need to vote and get these dems out.

yoni
08-17-22, 03:53

I don't agree.

The mid terms will be the last chance we have, before it gets to where you think it is.

I know that the 2020 election was won by non legit methods, but we have to give it one more chance.

I have seen 4 civil wars up close, we DO NOT want a civil war in the USA. Their is a reason the civil war is the most bloody war in our history. With the changes that have occurred in our country in the last 160 if we have a civil war it will be even more bloody. Then no matter who wins we stand a real chance of going French Revolution.

Go vote in November to give it a chance so we might avoid these bad things.

Todd.K
08-17-22, 09:49
I have seen 4 civil wars up close, we DO NOT want a civil war in the USA. Their is a reason the civil war is the most bloody war in our history.

Most Americans only know much about the American Civil War. It was incredibly civilized, historically, for a civil war. Many other civil wars aren’t even known as civil wars, they are known as genocides.

Diamondback
08-17-22, 10:05
Most Americans only know much about the American Civil War. It was incredibly civilized, historically, for a civil war. Many other civil wars aren’t even known as civil wars, they are known as genocides.

To us, Andersonville is an atrocity; in most of the world's similar conflicts it would be considered "mild."

ChattanoogaPhil
08-17-22, 11:00
I'm looking forward to voting on Tuesday to fire her.

30 point beating. Well done. Thank you.

WillBrink
08-17-22, 11:19
She got her a$$ kicked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyrabvVUkZ8

glocktogo
08-17-22, 11:34
Good bye, good riddance, and good luck getting any of your liberal pals to call you once you leave office.

As long as she's willing to trash mouth Trump, she'll get calls from DNCNN and MSDNC.

.45fan
08-17-22, 15:05
Glad to see Cheney go but am disgusted Alaska didn't boot murkowski, she is useless so I can't believe she won the primary.

glocktogo
08-17-22, 16:12
Glad to see Cheney go but am disgusted Alaska didn't boot murkowski, she is useless so I can't believe she won the primary.

Well she didn't exactly win, she just didn't lose. "Ranked Choice" voting means the top 4 finishers, regardless of party, go to the general election against each other.

.45fan
08-17-22, 16:38
Well she didn't exactly win, she just didn't lose. "Ranked Choice" voting means the top 4 finishers, regardless of party, go to the general election against each other.It sure would be nice if all states had the same election process.

Thanks for the explanation of that states procedures.

Diamondback
08-17-22, 17:01
It sure would be nice if all states had the same election process.

Thanks for the explanation of that states procedures.

Not THAT process, because in WA it'd be "Commie 1, Commie 2, RINO, Token Conservative or Libertarian Made To Look as Kook as Possible".

.45fan
08-17-22, 17:31
Not THAT process, because in WA it'd be "Commie 1, Commie 2, RINO, Token Conservative or Libertarian Made To Look as Kook as Possible".

In my state, you get one RINO, one Dumbocrat, and one candidate from each of the loser parties after the primary election.

.45fan
08-17-22, 23:23
Well she didn't exactly win, she just didn't lose. "Ranked Choice" voting means the top 4 finishers, regardless of party, go to the general election against each other.How about the house race, did the dumbocrat win?
The two Republicans had less votes each than the dumbocrat.
One race said to fill partial term and the other said it was for the next two years.

The republicans had lower numbers than the dumbocrat in both, did they lose both races?

AndyLate
08-18-22, 05:49
I wonder how many Democrats voted R in the primaries in both states. Perhaps not in Wyoming, but then again there is a reason Cheney was campaining on the reservations.

For those that don't know, Native Americans generally lean hard to the D party.

Andy

Alpha-17
08-18-22, 09:33
Is anyone else wondering if Cheney might try for the Dem presidential ticket? Not as the front runner, of course, but as the VP option, so it will be a "coalition ticket" and get "bipartisan" support? There's no way in hell she would be anything more than a speed bump in the way of Trump or DeSantis in the Republican primary, so we have to assume she's thinking about a bigger move.

Todd.K
08-18-22, 09:59
The money is in having some anti Trump PAC. So my money is on her starting another “Lincoln Project”, hopefully with less pedos.

Artos
08-18-22, 10:29
Is anyone else wondering if Cheney might try for the Dem presidential ticket? Not as the front runner, of course, but as the VP option, so it will be a "coalition ticket" and get "bipartisan" support? There's no way in hell she would be anything more than a speed bump in the way of Trump or DeSantis in the Republican primary, so we have to assume she's thinking about a bigger move.

Cheney will run republican for one reason only & that is an attempt to hurt trump in the debates...she has all but said stopping his presidency is her new mission in life. Somehow she managed to ramp her net income while in office $37mm in 6 years & likely now has her marching orders.

That concession speech was the most tone deaf, narcissistic drivel I've ever heard from any politician...'I lost cuz you people are stupid'.

In the real world, any republican candidate that lost a primary with 70% of the voters picking others would disappear never to be heard of again...in today's TDS world, they run for president & get praised by democrats.

clown show.

ChattanoogaPhil
08-18-22, 11:38
Cheney, having every advantage of incumbency, political machine, money, name recognition and family history, is rejected by the good people of Wyoming. Naturally, this leads the media to be giddy with speculation of her running for president. I am reminded of the media talking up porn star lawyer Michael Avenatti for president. sigh...

gsd2053
09-17-22, 21:01
BTT....