PDA

View Full Version : MK12 - Bravo or PRI?

Leadslinger585
08-17-22, 17:10
Want to get a Mk 12 clone.

Which would be better - a BCM made one or a PRI?

BCM: https://www.bravocompanymfg.com/specification/bcm_mk12_moda5_fde.php

PRI: https://www.precisionreflex.com/rifle-packages/626-2185-mark-12-mod-0-gen-iii-rifle-wb5-stock-and-1-8-twist-barrel.html#/

Alpine2k3
08-17-22, 18:06
The PRI has a Douglas barrel like the MK12 that was issued. So, if you were going for a clone that one would be the best choice.

Hammer_Man
08-17-22, 18:43
I’d go PRI, or Centurion Arms.

Stopsign32v
08-17-22, 19:43
PRI no question

I was all aboard the BCM train back in 2012 but honestly I've moved on from them and don't really consider their parts anymore.

Send it...
08-18-22, 00:17
Of those two, PRI by a landslide.

TMS951
08-18-22, 05:07
I have to agree with the above comments. There was a time where BCM ‘was the only alternative to colt for good parts’, that was 10 years ago. There parts really don’t interest me now. I have two of their over gassed barrels. And few of their rails, the rails are not the worst, but not the best either. The charging handles sucked and I’ve replaced them all with Geissele or raptors.

Idk what barrel the PRI uses but for a “MK12” the pri is closer to the real thing.

Also my impression is Monty at centurion arms gets real mk12 barrels. Maybe pri uses these too?

Wake27
08-18-22, 06:16
I have to agree with the above comments. There was a time where BCM ‘was the only alternative to colt for good parts’, that was 10 years ago. There parts really don’t interest me now. I have two of their over gassed barrels. And few of their rails, the rails are not the worst, but not the best either. The charging handles sucked and I’ve replaced them all with Geissele or raptors.

Idk what barrel the PRI uses but for a “MK12” the pri is closer to the real thing.

Also my impression is Monty at centurion arms gets real mk12 barrels. Maybe pri uses these too?

The original CH or the newer design?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

markm
08-18-22, 09:51

Yeah.. That's what I thought question was? Charging handle. I don't the PRI charging handle but that's just personal preference.

I'm still puzzled by this recent BCM bashing. I know there's a few trolls here that make ridiculous claims, but are there real issues or is it just the classic gun forum echo chamber?

kirkland
08-18-22, 10:07

Newer design sucks. The Vltor gunfighter one they used to have was great. You can still get them, just not through BCM.

kirkland
08-18-22, 10:14
Yeah.. That's what I thought question was? Charging handle. I don't the PRI charging handle but that's just personal preference.

I'm still puzzled by this recent BCM bashing. I know there's a few trolls here that make ridiculous claims, but are there real issues or is it just the classic gun forum echo chamber?

Gun forum echo chamber BS in my opinion. BCM is just not the latest whiz bang, gee whiz product that all the cool kids are buying anymore. Kinda like how everybody started shitting on Larue QD mounts after saying they were the best thing since sliced bread a couple years before that. I still have my Larue QD for my T1, unmount it, toss it down range, pick it up, re mount it, still holds zero. My BCM stuff still works just as good as it ever did too. Even if a lot of people believe it's crap now. The only thing I hate from them is that new charging handle.

All that being said, I would go with the PRI just for the fact that it uses the original barrel.

indianalex01
08-18-22, 10:40
Stay away from the BCM version. Accuracy isn’t guerreteed. They won’t back it.

Stopsign32v
08-18-22, 13:50

No trolling here. I’m simply not impressed by their offerings anymore.

Better selections of barrels out there that are cheaper
Better selections of rails out there
Better charging handles out there

I don’t really know anything they have that isn’t better somewhere else. And they aren’t cheap so why would I want to continue to be loyal to a company like that?

2012ish they were pushing the “Sig Legion” feeling hard on the Internet and if you didn’t use them you weren’t cool. I fell into the trap, I’ll admit it. We all have moved on though…

Wake27
08-18-22, 14:37
Newer design sucks. The Vltor gunfighter one they used to have was great. You can still get them, just not through BCM.

I love the new design. The old one pinched my finger. Why don't you like it?

Gun forum echo chamber BS in my opinion. BCM is just not the latest whiz bang, gee whiz product that all the cool kids are buying anymore.

All that being said, I would go with the PRI just for the fact that it uses the original barrel.

Agreed on both.

I don’t really know anything they have that isn’t better somewhere else. And they aren’t cheap so why would I want to continue to be loyal to a company like that?

2012ish they were pushing the “Sig Legion” feeling hard on the Internet and if you didn’t use them you weren’t cool. I fell into the trap, I’ll admit it. We all have moved on though…

I won't disagree on there being better options but I don't know about those being at the same price point nor held to the same standard of QA/QC.

indianalex01
08-18-22, 16:11
PRI no question

I was all aboard the BCM train back in 2012 but honestly I've moved on from them and don't really consider their parts anymore.

Agreed. They don’t have an accuracy Guarantee. I feel I have shitty customer service to

indianalex01
08-18-22, 16:14

Trolls? Because they don’t agree with you? BCM isn’t that good. Accuracy issues. Personally experience and they don’t back up their product.

Sig Legion is a pretty solid pistol. What have people moved on from? I have one. It’s a solid pistol. Can you elaborate on your claims? Thanks

Stopsign32v
08-18-22, 16:54
I won't disagree on there being better options but I don't know about those being at the same price point nor held to the same standard of QA/QC.

https://www.ballisticadvantage.com/sub-moa

vs

https://bravocompanyusa.com/terms/

Bravo Company was a fad...

Stopsign32v
08-18-22, 16:55
Agreed. They don’t have an accuracy Guarantee. I feel I have shitty customer service to

I would lump them with PSA...Only more expensive...And less innovative.

Wake27
08-18-22, 17:00
Trolls? Because they don’t agree with you? BCM isn’t that good. Accuracy issues. Personally experience and they don’t back up their product.

Sig Legion is a pretty solid pistol. What have people moved on from? I have one. It’s a solid pistol. Can you elaborate on your claims? Thanks

Your claims were completely discredited here not that long ago from what I remember.

I would lump them with PSA...Only more expensive...And less innovative.

And now I'll lump you in with the stupidest gun owners in America. Saying there are better options is one thing, saying they're in the same league as PSA is beyond laughable. Would love to hear your reasons for this.

Stickman
08-18-22, 17:16
Talk about a thread derailment. When people get this goofy, I have to wonder if they are getting paid.

On a side note, if you are talking about a MK12, Monty does the version with the KAC rail. HOWEVER, he sells the barrels in 18", 16", and evidently custom runs of 12.5" (not sure if the 12.5" is a continually stocked item).

As far as BCM being expensive, some of you are smoking crack if you think the MK12 is a poor mans game.

Leadslinger585
08-18-22, 17:38
@Stickman

I like the option of having Centurion Arms build it. They are out of stock at the moment. Would you happen to know if Monty would build a PRI-style MK12 Mod H with the 1:8" barrel?

Hammer_Man
08-18-22, 18:04
@Stickman

I like the option of having Centurion Arms build it. They are out of stock at the moment. Would you happen to know if Monty would build a PRI-style MK12 Mod H with the 1:8" barrel?

Centurion Arms doesn’t offer a 1x8 MK12 barrel. Send Corrie or Monty an email, and ask them about building an upper with the PRI handguard and front sight/gas block.

Stopsign32v
08-18-22, 18:24
Your claims were completely discredited here not that long ago from what I remember.

And now I'll lump you in with the stupidest gun owners in America. Saying there are better options is one thing, saying they're in the same league as PSA is beyond laughable. Would love to hear your reasons for this.

Wow, just like that I'm with the stupidest? That seems kinda harsh and irrational. I'd think I would rank somewhere around 20% or so, not straight to the bottom.

Either way PSA uses great FN barrels with fantastic accuracy and life. BCM won't disclose who makes their barrels and can't even out shoot a $150 BA barrel.

PSA makes great rails that get nothing but praise (not really my cup of tea) and cost less than $100. BCM makes nice rails but getting up in price and I'd rather go the route of G at that point.

PSA makes a fantastic in house designed AK-V 9mm that has great reviews. BCM makes....Oh wait :rolleyes:

Stopsign32v
08-18-22, 18:26
Oh and IMO the answer to this thread is PRI parts around a WOA SPR barrel.

Stickman
08-18-22, 19:28
@Stickman

If you are asking if they would build an upper out of the parts from other companies, I doubt it. You can always check with them, its entirely possible I'm wrong.

Wake27
08-18-22, 20:08
Wow, just like that I'm with the stupidest? That seems kinda harsh and irrational. I'd think I would rank somewhere around 20% or so, not straight to the bottom.

Either way PSA uses great FN barrels with fantastic accuracy and life. BCM won't disclose who makes their barrels and can't even out shoot a $150 BA barrel.

PSA makes great rails that get nothing but praise (not really my cup of tea) and cost less than $100. BCM makes nice rails but getting up in price and I'd rather go the route of G at that point.

PSA makes a fantastic in house designed AK-V 9mm that has great reviews. BCM makes....Oh wait :rolleyes:

Are all of PSA’s barrels made by FN? Do they all have fantastic accuracy and life? How do you define accuracy and life? In what way do all of PSA’s barrels measure up to those definitions? Are those the only things you care about in a barrel? Do you care about barrel profile? Gas port size? Where has PSA innovated with barrels? Does it matter that BCM doesn’t disclose who makes their barrels? Does the OEM matter if the end company holds a certain standard that the buyer finds acceptable?

Do PSA rails only get praise? No one ever complains about them? Is the $180-200 for an MCMR really comparable in price to a $350 Geissele?

I’ve heard great things about the AK-V, but that’s entirely irrelevant for this discussion.

Stopsign32v
08-18-22, 20:13
Are all of PSA’s barrels made by FN? Do they all have fantastic accuracy and life? How do you define accuracy and life? In what way do all of PSA’s barrels measure up to those definitions? Are those the only things you care about in a barrel? Do you care about barrel profile? Gas port size? Where has PSA innovated with barrels? Does it matter that BCM doesn’t disclose who makes their barrels? Does the OEM matter if the end company holds a certain standard that the buyer finds acceptable?

Do PSA rails only get praise? No one ever complains about them? Is the $180-200 for an MCMR really comparable in price to a $350 Geissele?

I’ve heard great things about the AK-V, but that’s entirely irrelevant for this discussion.

I'm not about to take the time to do the back and forth with you on the PSA vs BCM. I honestly don't like either one of them.

Wake27
08-18-22, 20:36
I'm not about to take the time to do the back and forth with you on the PSA vs BCM. I honestly don't like either one of them.

Well at least it sounds like you have very solid and well-supported reasoning…

Stopsign32v
08-18-22, 20:52
Well at least it sounds like you have very solid and well-supported reasoning…

Reasons were given if you care to look back in the thread.

SteyrAUG
08-18-22, 21:07
Gun forum echo chamber BS in my opinion. BCM is just not the latest whiz bang, gee whiz product that all the cool kids are buying anymore. Kinda like how everybody started shitting on Larue QD mounts after saying they were the best thing since sliced bread a couple years before that. I still have my Larue QD for my T1, unmount it, toss it down range, pick it up, re mount it, still holds zero. My BCM stuff still works just as good as it ever did too. Even if a lot of people believe it's crap now. The only thing I hate from them is that new charging handle.

Dang, haven't even managed to get my first BCM yet and they are already "not cool."

MegademiC
08-18-22, 21:39

They also sell shit that wont work, per my example of 1. All my bcm stuff has been 100% reliable. Their barrel accuracy has been on point IME also. Cl LW barrels offer acceptable, but unimpressive accuracy. Their SS barrel was very accurate. I never had to replace bcm parts to have a functional gun. I have with PSA. I didnt complain because the price difference was substantial, but they are not the same.

indianalex01
08-18-22, 21:43
Pri is at a different level. The idiot said I got discredited a while back is full of shit. 1st off, I used the MK12 for real. Don’t tell me about what is real or not. BCM isn’t even close to Pri based on experience. BCM has not been there. Go suck BCM off all you want.

Hammer_Man
08-18-22, 21:53
I think we can all agree that there are only two sources for MK12 rifles, and that is PRI and Centurion Arms. BCM makes a good rifle, but for the money they charge for their MK12, you might as well go with PRI or Centurion Arms.

titsonritz
08-18-22, 22:07
If I was looking for an MK12, I'd get hold of Centurion Arms a call.
https://centurionarms.com/firearms/mk12-complete-rifle/

Wake27
08-18-22, 22:26
Pri is at a different level. The idiot said I got discredited a while back is full of shit. 1st off, I used the MK12 for real. Don’t tell me about what is real or not. BCM isn’t even close to Pri based on experience. BCM has not been there. Go suck BCM off all you want.

Discredited as in several people called you out for bullshit in another thread and you never responded. Presumably because you couldn’t back up your claims. IDGAF what you used “for real.” That doesn’t magically make anything you say true.

At least back up your posts with info. Even if you don’t post photos as evidence, at least explain in some level of detail how “BCM isn’t even close to Pri.” Otherwise, go find somewhere else to beg for relevance.

indianalex01
08-18-22, 22:54
Discredited as in several people called you out for bullshit in another thread and you never responded. Presumably because you couldn’t back up your claims. IDGAF what you used “for real.” That doesn’t magically make anything you say true.

At least back up your posts with info. Even if you don’t post photos as evidence, at least explain in some level of detail how “BCM isn’t even close to Pri.” Otherwise, go find somewhere else to beg for relevance.

You say that “people said”. When? Who are these people you speak of? You can say that all you want but nobody said anything. You are FOS…

Pri and centurion are the best. You can back BCM all you want but they aren’t the real deal. Many on here disagree with you. I’m not the only one. I never seen a BCM MK12 in any theater I’ve been in. You are turning this into a me vs you. Nobody agrees with you.

Hammer_Man
08-18-22, 23:06
https://media4.giphy.com/media/pUeXcg80cO8I8/giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ou5likzn30b752y1y3xmuuukgp6fwwslb8babybu&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Wake27
08-18-22, 23:38
You say that “people said”. When? Who are these people you speak of? You can say that all you want but nobody said anything. You are FOS…

Pri and centurion are the best. You can back BCM all you want but they aren’t the real deal. Many on here disagree with you. I’m not the only one. I never seen a BCM MK12 in any theater I’ve been in. You are turning this into a me vs you. Nobody agrees with you.

Ok hero. This forum has never been about weak posts like yours. If you want to make claims, at least justify them in some sense. Up to this point, the only thing you’ve provided is that the BCM variant isn’t clone correct in your experience. OP didn’t ask for that, so not much added value. Maybe another forum is a better fit for you.

mark5pt56
08-19-22, 06:18
what we have here is a failure to communicate-------

Wake27
08-19-22, 08:33
OP if you’re looking for other buying options, Thoroughbred Armament carries PRI uppers at the very least. Think they have some package deals with the can too.

Stopsign32v
08-19-22, 14:07
OP if you’re looking for other buying options, Thoroughbred Armament Carrie’s PRI uppers at the very least. Think they have some package deals with the can too.

$1493 currently using their coupon code. Not a bad deal at all

kirkland
08-19-22, 16:19
I love the new design. The old one pinched my finger. Why don't you like it?

That's fair. I'll rephrase and say that I personally don't like it. It's not necessarily a bad product, and I still have one installed in one of my guns. But the VLTOR style medium latch CH feels so much better to me. I have 3 of those installed on different builds because I like them so much. Last time I ordered a CH from BCM I didn't realize they had changed and I was highly disappointed when it arrived, I kept it though just to try it out. For the older VLTOR style CH, I like how only the latch pivots on a solid handle, rather that the entire half of the handle pivoting on the newer BCM design. I feel like I get a better purchase on the VLTOR style latch. Best of all in doesn't pinch my finger, but if it did I certainly wouldn't use it so I understand where you're coming from.