PDA

View Full Version : Who does grip stippling and sight installation

seang
12-22-08, 13:13
I just sent my M&P to David Bowie, but it will take appx. 4 months for it to be done. I want to carry my glock in the interim and would like to find someone with a short turn around time for both the stippling and warren rear sight installation. I don't want to wait the appx. 4 months. Can any of you recommend anyone? I tried a search, but didn't find much. Thanks

GlockWRX
12-22-08, 13:35
Well, you've got a couple of options. For the sights, you should be able to find someone local to you with a sight pusher, like a gun shop or indoor range that could do the install. You could also just buy a sight pusher and install them yourself. That way you could adjust them as you see fit at the range. Or you would redneck it, and install the sight with a hammer and punch.

I don't know anyone with a short turn around time that could stipple a piece and return it. You could do what a lot of guys do and just use a grip sock or piece of mountain bike inner tube. It's not as sexy as stippling, but it works fine and costs a few pennies vs a lot more for a stippling job.

Alpha Sierra
12-22-08, 16:07
Stippling a plastic is dead easy to do with a soldering iron and the patience of Job. Any competent local gunsmith can install and adjust sights on a common handgun.