PDA

View Full Version : Shoutout to Witt Machine

mmbeller191
08-24-22, 13:35
I used to spend a lot of time on this site about 4 years ago when I started the patrol rifle program for my police department. We decided to go with suppressed AR’s with 11.5” barrels. We mostly have Sionics rifles, but a few Sigs and a few DD. I was able to save some money because we received 23 old Surefire suppressors through the military 1033 program, which let me buy a few more rifles than we had expected with a 50k budget. We had about 40 rifles in total.

All was well until 3 weeks ago, when an executive order came down from Biden. All LE agencies that had these suppressors had to turn them in ASAP. I could talk about how dumb that is, but I know I’m preaching to the choir. Many of my rifles had rails that partially overlapped the cans, so shooting unsuppressed wasn’t a great option. We pulled 23 rifles off the streets and hoped we could get replacement suppressors ASAP.

I did a little research and ordered 23 Witt Machine Tu-Tu-Three cans. We I placed the order and asked them to rush them due to our circumstances. In two weeks I have 23 cans in hand with ChambleePD specific serial numbers on them. I couldn’t be happier!

sinister
08-24-22, 20:12
Congrats, and good for you!

They seem like a decent outfit. I have one of their Sound Mitigating Equipment brake-comps but haven't shot it yet.

Hammer_Man
08-24-22, 20:49
Glad things worked out!! Biden and his administration aren’t exactly competent, so no surprise there. Let me know how Witt Machine’s equipment works for you and your department, as I was considering one of their suppressors for a 18” gun.

mack7.62
08-24-22, 21:14
So wonder why they are pulling in all the 1033 suppressors? Could it be they plan on giving them to the Brownshirt's.....er I mean new IRS agents?

Diamondback
08-25-22, 01:04
Congrats, and good for you!

They seem like a decent outfit. I have one of their Sound Mitigating Equipment brake-comps but haven't shot it yet.

OP, good to hear. Sinister, PLEASE post a review when you do--I've been toying with the idea of the SME as a "fake can" for my .22LR "007 Briefcase 2.0" project, and similar role on a 12.5 pistol.