PDA

View Full Version : SOG - Southern Ohio Gun - bad business practices.

Nra-Life-Member
12-22-08, 15:59
To make a short story - shorter..

- My Dealer placed an order on SOG's website for an item.

- Credit Card information was provided on checkout and order was processed. Dealer has the internet receipt with the item stating SOLD TO and the price paid for it.

- SOG contacts the dealer today, saying their website pricing is too low and the price is now $ 300 more then SOG has listed (and still list).

- My dealer tried to get SOG to honor their posted prices / generated receipt and they will not.

Anyone else have problems with SOG?

John_Wayne777
12-22-08, 16:03
I've never ordered from them, but I have noticed that their website is apparently maintained by somebody who is even less web-savvy than I am, so I can believe the price story....

javentre
12-22-08, 16:04

Nope, and I just got my last order from them today.

Scattergun
12-23-08, 18:45
I have ordered from SOG for years. The only problem I have had is they will not have most of the stuff I try to order from their catalog.

BWYoda
12-23-08, 19:08
I've not dealt with them before. So were they trying to charge another 300 on top of what had already been billed to the card before they'll ship the order? If they are, that's bang out of order.

Scattergun
12-23-08, 19:12
I've not dealt with them before. So were they trying to charge another 300 on top of what had already been billed to the card before they'll ship the order? If they are, that's bang out of order.

yes it is.. I would have canceled the order.

Heavy Metal
12-23-08, 20:43
To make a short story - shorter..

- My Dealer placed an order on SOG's website for an item.

- Credit Card information was provided on checkout and order was processed. Dealer has the internet receipt with the item stating SOLD TO and the price paid for it.

- SOG contacts the dealer today, saying their website pricing is too low and the price is now $ 300 more then SOG has listed (and still list).

- My dealer tried to get SOG to honor their posted prices / generated receipt and they will not.

That is a violaton of their TOS with Visa and constitutes fraud..

VLODPG
12-24-08, 10:33
Should have told them to charge you the difference & when you recieved the item contact the cc company. They would have done a chargeback.

Bolt_Overide
12-24-08, 11:12
That is a violaton of their TOS with Visa and constitutes fraud..

This man speaks wisdom.. my GF works for a company that sets up credit card systems for merchants, and thus is intimintly familiar with the laws and rules of such stuff..

She says to get back with SOG and tell them flat out to honor the transaction or you will report them to visa and the police for attempted CC and wire fraud.

BAC
12-24-08, 13:19
My understanding from them was only folks with FFLs (C&R licensees and normal dealers) could take advantage of their deals. This sounds like a screwup on their part, though, that they aren't fixing appropriately. My dad's experience with them was positive, but he also has a C&R.

-B