PDA

View Full Version : ATF's sustained assault

rocsteady
08-29-22, 14:19
So recently I've been listening to a lot of the videos put out this year on Washington Gun Law's YouTube channel and it's just been non-stop from the ATF with an increasing assault on we law-abiding gun owners and really starting to focus on just crushing FFLs in the process. With the abject failures to do anything the "right way" through Congress, the good ol' DOJ and the weaponized arm, where this is concerned, the ATF, reimagining, realigning, redefining and just doing the "end around" that silly little piece of paper we like to call "the Constitution."

Seems all it once it's really coming to a head with the hiring of hundreds of new agents specifically to target, I'm sorry, "encourage compliance from" our country's FFL dealers, to the field trips to collect the Rare Breed triggers, to reclassifying any AR pistols/pistol-braced firearms, to conjuring up ways to insist that any manner of item that could possibly be part of a firearm, in any capacity, will be considered a firearm and therefore will have to be serialized (cramming down on the solvent traps and "pmf" personally made firearms, that is 80% lowers and such).

I can't help but think that in a sane society, if the ATF even had to exist, they could really be putting a dent in the inner city crime and murder rates. If they'd put even a 1/10th of the same ferocity in making criminals lives as miserable as they seem intent on making the law-abiding gun owners' they could actually accomplish something to justify their existence and expense to the taxpayer.

We desperately need a shift in the politics and for once, when in power, "our" side needs to actually clean house and put some people in charge of the three-letter agencies that remembers they are there to go after crime and criminals.

glocktogo
08-29-22, 14:36
So recently I've been listening to a lot of the videos put out this year on Washington Gun Law's YouTube channel and it's just been non-stop from the ATF with an increasing assault on we law-abiding gun owners and really starting to focus on just crushing FFLs in the process. With the abject failures to do anything the "right way" through Congress, the good ol' DOJ and the weaponized arm, where this is concerned, the ATF, reimagining, realigning, redefining and just doing the "end around" that silly little piece of paper we like to call "the Constitution."

Seems all it once it's really coming to a head with the hiring of hundreds of new agents specifically to target, I'm sorry, "encourage compliance from" our country's FFL dealers, to the field trips to collect the Rare Breed triggers, to reclassifying any AR pistols/pistol-braced firearms, to conjuring up ways to insist that any manner of item that could possibly be part of a firearm, in any capacity, will be considered a firearm and therefore will have to be serialized (cramming down on the solvent traps and "pmf" personally made firearms, that is 80% lowers and such).

I can't help but think that in a sane society, if the ATF even had to exist, they could really be putting a dent in the inner city crime and murder rates. If they'd put even a 1/10th of the same ferocity in making criminals lives as miserable as they seem intent on making the law-abiding gun owners' they could actually accomplish something to justify their existence and expense to the taxpayer.

We desperately need a shift in the politics and for once, when in power, "our" side needs to actually clean house and put some people in charge of the three-letter agencies that remembers they are there to go after crime and criminals.

It's why we so desperately need control of the House and Senate, so that when DeSantis becomes POTUS in Jan, 2025, he can appoint someone high up in the GOA or SAF organizations to be the new BATFE Director, and actually get them confirmed. :)

ABNAK
08-29-22, 15:00
It's why we so desperately need control of the House and Senate, so that when DeSantis becomes POTUS in Jan, 2025, he can appoint someone high up in the GOA or SAF organizations to be the new BATFE Director, and actually get them confirmed. :)

From your lips to God's ears......

Diamondback
08-29-22, 15:05

That would be the ideal, but never happen because of too many spineless jellyfish and anti-gun RINOProgs that need to be purged. A Larry Pratt or Jeff Knox nomination WOULD be a wonderful thing to smoke out the turds in need of Primary flushing though...

OOH! Pat Harrigan of ZRODelta! Put an FFL in position to dump a triple helping of Asshat Terrorist Fascists' shit right back down their own throat...

gsd2053
08-30-22, 10:56
That would be the ideal, but never happen because of too many spineless jellyfish and anti-gun RINOProgs that need to be purged. A Larry Pratt or Jeff Knox nomination WOULD be a wonderful thing to smoke out the turds in need of Primary flushing though...

OOH! Pat Harrigan of ZRODelta! Put an FFL in position to dump a triple helping of Asshat Terrorist Fascists' shit right back down their own throat...

This is the problem Trump had. Surrounded by rhino lying bitches. He was surounded by rhinos and recommend rhinos by rhinos.

The swamp was just to vast!

rocsteady
10-02-22, 18:40
With all the good news that's come out of court decisions this year, I am still a little surprised at the ATF's concerted efforts at finding a never ending list of ways to turn citizens of this country into criminals. Is there a shortage of actual alcohol, tobacco, firearm and explosive laws being broken that I'm unaware of? How do they continue to get away with having so much time to spend on inventing, refining and "reimagining" these "rules" that seemingly have no purpose other than trying to create criminals out of the law-abiding? How do we not have people whose moral compass is still operating somewhere near the tip of the spear in these 3 letter organizations that are so wildly out of control at the moment? It does appear that we are gaining ground, inch by painfully slow inch, but it has seemed only to spur the gun grabbers on to more brazen infringement attempts.

Diamondback
10-02-22, 18:48
More direction from The Top--they're going to push as far as they can hoping that SCOTUS can't strike it all down and knowing too many R's are sissybitches too busy getting railed up the ass while wearing their frilly French maid outfits (I threw that in just for you, Firefly :P ) to use Legislative power to bring them to heel.

Jellybean
10-03-22, 11:50
It's why we so desperately need control of the House and Senate, so that when DeSantis becomes POTUS in Jan, 2025, he can disband the ATF.
I fixed it for you.
Long term solutions, not a "re-imagining" of the status quo. :meeting:

Never forget....The only reason why we haven't had an AWB, 1000% taxes, ammo bans, everything up to a retaining pin classified as 'firearms', legalized confiscations, and pretty much every other wish list piece of legislation the leftists want pushed into law this year, is because they are waiting till after the midterms.
Why are they waiting?
Because they are two votes short.
TWO.

All these pro-2A court decisions recently are nice, but they are also a big whitepill distraction, given we all know what respect the grabbers have for those.
No, you're not "winning". You're down to 2 votes. In a time when more people across all social spectrums own "the bad guns" than ever in history, that's pathetic.

This is the problem Trump had. Surrounded by rhino lying bitches. He was surounded by rhinos and recommend rhinos by rhinos....
And we wonder things could possibly have gotten to this point, while continually voting for the same d!@kheads over and over.

flenna
10-03-22, 12:10
And we wonder things could possibly have gotten to this point, while continually voting for the same d!@kheads over and over.

This. That the likes of McConnell and Graham are still there screwing all Conservatives and caving to the ComDems every chance they get is telling. TN was just as bad with Corker and Alexander getting re-elected until they finally retired. I always make it a point to vote against the incumbent in the primaries if they are not doing a good job.

markm
10-03-22, 12:22
the good ol' DOJ and the weaponized arm, where this is concerned, the ATF,

This is curious because I recently had DOJ trying to send me a certified letter. (according to the description left on the notice from the letter carrier) I had to look through my safe and make sure everything is squared away with stamps, etc.

Being that I actually work during the day, I couldn't be home to sign for the letter so I have no idea what it might be. Perhaps related to the can kit we built and legally registered? I heard people who bought kits from another vender were getting intimidation letters from ATF.

Harpoon
10-03-22, 12:58
When is the ATF going to crack down on the demographic that commits the most gun crimes despite being about 6% of our population?

john armond
10-03-22, 14:20

Problem is they see the inner city criminals as their pawns, voting block, and easily manipulated to their cause, while they see the law abiding citizen as a threat to their plans. Once they remove the law abiding citizens from circulation, and establish their plans, those inner city criminals will be next, but probably through attrition and not direct action like what is being taken against the law abiding citizen.

rocsteady
10-12-22, 07:04
This is curious because I recently had DOJ trying to send me a certified letter. (according to the description left on the notice from the letter carrier) I had to look through my safe and make sure everything is squared away with stamps, etc.

Being that I actually work during the day, I couldn't be home to sign for the letter so I have no idea what it might be. Perhaps related to the can kit we built and legally registered? I heard people who bought kits from another vender were getting intimidation letters from ATF.

Any update on this harassment?

AndyLate
10-12-22, 09:43
~SNIP~

~SNIP~

Imagine you had a job you cannot be fired from but have to show some results in order to advance. You have a choice of running down leads, travelling, eating fast food, staying at Govt rate hotels, talking to actual criminals, and possibly getting in a gunfight OR you can act against law abiding citizens. The choice is clear.

Diamondback
10-12-22, 09:47
Imagine you had a job you cannot be fired from but have to show some results in order to advance. You have a choice of running down leads, travelling, eating fast food, staying at Govt rate hotels, talking to actual criminals, and possibly getting in a gunfight OR you can act against law abiding citizens. The choice is clear.

Wasn't it Orwell in 1984 who said "if you don't have enough criminals [of the right kind] you MAKE them"?

ap1220
10-12-22, 10:23
Wasn't it Orwell in 1984 who said "if you don't have enough criminals [of the right kind] you MAKE them"?

Ayn Rand actually, but it doesn’t matter who said it, it’s still true and to the point.

The only power any
government has is the power to
crack down on criminals. Well,
when there aren't enough
criminals, one makes them. One
declares so many things to be a
crime that it becomes
impossible for men to live
without breaking laws.

eric0311
10-12-22, 19:59

A justification of existence.

OutofBatt3ry
10-12-22, 20:24
...had a long couple of talks with my pops after I literally had high blood pressure over/about current events.

Stop caring...

Vote if you think it makes a dif. Donate to whatever organization you feel is worthy of the funds; etc, etc., just prepare for the worst.

markm
10-13-22, 11:11
Any update on this harassment?

No. I actually got a notice on my mail box maybe 6 months earlier, but the letter carrier didn't note from whom the letter came. I refused it then too because anyone sending me certified mail can kiss my ass. That's annoying as shit for an employed responsible adult. And I'll be damned if I'm going to stand in line at the Post Office with those DMV level morons working in super slow motion to pick up something I didn't request.

glocktogo
10-13-22, 14:42
No. I actually got a notice on my mail box maybe 6 months earlier, but the letter carrier didn't note from whom the letter came. I refused it then too because anyone sending me certified mail can kiss my ass. That's annoying as shit for an employed responsible adult. And I'll be damned if I'm going to stand in line at the Post Office with those DMV level morons working in super slow motion to pick up something I didn't request.

This is the way. Make them earn it.