PDA

View Full Version : The "great" P10C Trigger

m4brian
09-03-22, 19:10
Finally bought one - OR model. The trigger is poor. I was surprised because all the reviewers rave and rave about the trigger. It might clean up, but it is very stiff and sticky. Even after a few hundred rounds it is mediocre at best.

dwhitehorne
09-04-22, 10:47
I've got a FDE version before they came out with the optic ready models that are made in the USA. To me I like the trigger better than my Glocks but it's not as nice as the PPQ I had. I did install one of the HBI striker springs in and dropped the pull some. Your description of sticky suggests to me something is not right with the gun. David

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/p10-reduced-weight-striker-spring-set/

gaijin
09-04-22, 11:15
I have a couple. One is pretty stock except for trigger work and trigger. It's a Range loaner.

The other is a sometimes carry/Range gun. it shoots lights out and trigger is very good- for a Striker gun.

SteveL
09-04-22, 14:00
I have a P10 S, C, and F. I thought the stock triggers were pretty decent (way better than any Glock trigger, stock or aftermarket), and none had triggers I would describe as sticky. I put the HB Industries flat trigger in all three and that made them even better. They are some of my favorite guns to shoot.

yoni
09-04-22, 17:34
My P10Fcomp., has the best trigger I have ever had in a striker fired pistol.

MegademiC
09-04-22, 17:59
Am i the only one that thinks Glock triggers are fantastic?

No wall to get hung up, just a smooth pull to recoil.

My mp had a " good" trigger and i hated it. It took way more concentration to shoot well.

Waylander
09-04-22, 18:02
My two P10C triggers are good. Not the greatest ever but better than most. I’d have it checked out. It seems like something could be off.

gaijin
09-04-22, 18:21

My mp had a " good" trigger and i hated it. It took way more concentration to shoot well.

“Good Trigger’s” subjective as Hell. Whatever works for you is all that matters.

Stopsign32v
09-04-22, 19:42
I had the FDE discontinued model with some aftermarket trigger, can't tell you which one. It's the one that is orange (weird) but I have the black version. I polished up the contact surfaces but can't remember if I did any springs or not, likely I did.

Anyways the trigger is stupid nice, is the whole gun though.

m4brian
09-05-22, 12:31
From the responses I get on the CZ forum it looks like these are not as good as the reviewers claim. Reviewers make them sound like they’re very close to a PDP when they’re not even in the same field. In the shop they don’t feel much better than Glocks to me. Sometimes mine breaks clean and sometimes not. I’ve seen numerous Glocks that are better. Lots of stickiness in the take up and stiff.

My conclusion is that the P10c reviewers who raved and raved about the triggers are getting to review hand picked guns. Even a distributor can easily go through 10 guns and pull the best and my guess is that 10-20% are indeed very good. It serves multiple market forces to build expectations of new guns - especially when the move production to the US.

Waylander
09-05-22, 13:20
From the responses I get on the CZ forum it looks like these are not as good as the reviewers claim. Reviewers make them sound like they’re very close to a PDP when they’re not even in the same field. In the shop they don’t feel much better than Glocks to me. Sometimes mine breaks clean and sometimes not. I’ve seen numerous Glocks that are better. Lots of stickiness in the take up and stiff.

My conclusion is that the P10c reviewers who raved and raved about the triggers are getting to review hand picked guns. Even a distributor can easily go through 10 guns and pull the best and my guess is that 10-20% are indeed very good. It serves multiple market forces to build expectations of new guns - especially when the move production to the US.

Both my triggers and every other one I’ve handled in the shop feel exactly the same on every pull. No stickiness in the take up.

The PDP wasn’t even out yet when probably most of those reviews were written. I don’t know anybody that said it was as good or better than the PPQ. I’m sure some of the reviews may be exaggerated though is why I always handle one in the shop before before I buy. There are always a lemon or two. Did you not handle one before you bought it?

The reading and digging you’re doing sounds to me like you’re searching for reasons to justify your high expectations being disappointed.

Stopsign32v
09-05-22, 13:49

Can you post up the videos where these reviewers are saying they're very close to a PDP trigger?

m4brian
09-05-22, 14:12
“Very close” does not equate to “equal to” or “better than”. I’ve never tried a PPQ that had even a touch of grit and did not break clean and light. I personally believe they are too light for me. My point is that reviewers - good ones who are credible have painted a picture that puts the P10 CLOSE to this high standard, and I’m saying that that is not accurate largely due to the inconsistency of the CZ. In My experience and some others on the CZ forum this is basically accurate.

I don’t think the reviewers are talking trash. I think they are getting hand picked guns.

Waylander
09-05-22, 14:42
How many rounds have you ran through it?

m4brian
09-05-22, 14:55
ONLY about 250 - while it feels a tad better, I predict another 500 till it MIGHT be better. ONLY one review I've seen talks about this grit and stickiness and it was a dealer who said that this happened in the OR model as compared to the non-OR model, and that it improved after 100 rounds.

There are 'three stages' to the trigger - take up - getting it back to the first wall and deactivating the trigger tab (1), then (2) what is supposed to be a smooth approach to the break - then the break (3). 2 is a crap shoot and is very sticky, so that I don't consistently hit 3. WHEN I can get to 3, which is only with a real try, I would say that it is cleaner and has less OT than a Glock in general. BUT, the problem is getting to 3 - too much stickiness to get there cleanly.

MAYBE it will clear up in another 500 rounds, and maybe not. I just don't think it should come this way. ALSO - if the Turks can do it - the Czechs SHOULD be able to.

Stopsign32v
09-05-22, 14:59
“Very close” does not equate to “equal to” or “better than”. I’ve never tried a PPQ that had even a touch of grit and did not break clean and light. I personally believe they are too light for me. My point is that reviewers - good ones who are credible have painted a picture that puts the P10 CLOSE to this high standard, and I’m saying that that is not accurate largely due to the inconsistency of the CZ. In My experience and some others on the CZ forum this is basically accurate.

I don’t think the reviewers are talking trash. I think they are getting hand picked guns.

Can you post up the videos you watched to where they compared it to the PDP?

m4brian
09-05-22, 15:24
No - don't have time to look right now, but I trace to comments made in videos I've seen from recent Honest Outlaw flicks - I believe. He generally touts the CZ as close. Frankly I don't see the big diff between the PDP and the PPQ, but he does see more - as hs should - he shoots 10,000 rounds for every 250 I shoot.

Again, there are a scad of videos out there and I've only see ONE what had any negative comment about the CZ P10 trigger - and ALL said it was close to Walther and much better than a Glock. I'm saying that mine is NOT and others have similar experience on the CZ forum. Again, I fully expect that IF it was polished or shot 2 cases through, it might have a nice clean break and little OT - and be close to the PPQ. Right now NOT and I suspect many OTB are the same.

Now 5 people will post how they have 3 and all are excellent. The ones I've seen in the shop are a tad better than mine and none have been much better than a Gen 5 - and none better than a certain old gen 3 laying there a week ago.

I call the myth busted.

Waylander
09-05-22, 15:44
I’m still not understanding whether you ordered the gun so were surprised or bought it at a store and knew what you were getting.

m4brian
09-05-22, 15:47
Ordered the gun. They did NOT have the P10C. They had a F. CZs are scarce.

Waylander
09-05-22, 15:51
The triggers are the same. Did you expect the C trigger to be better than the F you handled?

m4brian
09-05-22, 16:05
I ordered the gun for multiple reasons and am overall NOT impressed by the triggers - do I think the gun will be bomb proof, accurate, and utterly reliable? Yes. Do they in some cases share the P07 mag? - yes. Do I have a 'reasonable hope' that the trigger will either clean up enough with use? Yes. My reason for the OP is to prep OTHERS perceptions about the P10 trigger system vis reviewers.

Waylander
09-05-22, 16:20
It seems more like buyers remorse and complaining to me. I’ve read of no one respectable saying the trigger is poor.

Stopsign32v
09-05-22, 17:03
No - don't have time to look right now, but I trace to comments made in videos I've seen from recent Honest Outlaw flicks - I believe. He generally touts the CZ as close. Frankly I don't see the big diff between the PDP and the PPQ, but he does see more - as hs should - he shoots 10,000 rounds for every 250 I shoot.

Again, there are a scad of videos out there and I've only see ONE what had any negative comment about the CZ P10 trigger - and ALL said it was close to Walther and much better than a Glock. I'm saying that mine is NOT and others have similar experience on the CZ forum. Again, I fully expect that IF it was polished or shot 2 cases through, it might have a nice clean break and little OT - and be close to the PPQ. Right now NOT and I suspect many OTB are the same.

Now 5 people will post how they have 3 and all are excellent. The ones I've seen in the shop are a tad better than mine and none have been much better than a Gen 5 - and none better than a certain old gen 3 laying there a week ago.

I call the myth busted.

Sucks, seems you got a lemon. I just compared my P10c to my PPQ and I agree with others that the P10c is better. It's crisper, shorter, and more positive.

Stopsign32v
09-05-22, 17:04
It seems more like buyers remorse and complaining to me. I’ve read of no one respectable saying the trigger is poor.

I agree with this. Nothing more than buyers remorse.

kwb377
09-06-22, 12:59

Glock triggers without a wall? I wish I could find one with a trigger like that...the dozen or so that I've bought/been issued all had a definite "wall".

Your P10C sounds like an abberation. I've had three and they all have had excellent triggers...much better than any Glock I've tried, better than my VP9's, but admittedly not as good as my PDP. I wasn't a fan of the stock plastic trigger itself...I replaced all mine with an HBI aluminum trigger and it made a noticeable improvement in tactile feel.

mizer67
09-06-22, 19:42
Glock triggers without a wall? I wish I could find one with a trigger like that...the dozen or so that I've bought/been issued all had a definite "wall".

I add a Ghost Edge connector to get a rolling break and change a few springs for a smooth rolling break with no wall.

You can get close with an OEM minus connector and some polish. Sometimes, if the connector is protruding too far out, you'll get a wall when you don't want one. All it takes is gentle bending of the connector and it's back to a smoother rolling break.

Stopsign32v
09-06-22, 19:44

It nothing new. I've had them and didn't like them. I like a distinct wall of some sort and NEVER a rolling break unless it's a hammer fired gun.

m4brian
09-07-22, 06:39
I agree with this. Nothing more than buyers remorse.

Wrong - or perhaps mistaken. I'm a soldier and I have a right to complain - especially about a mediocre trigger.

Stopsign32v
09-07-22, 09:50
Wrong - or perhaps mistaken. I'm a soldier and I have a right to complain - especially about a mediocre trigger.

Break it in some or upgrade it. They CAN be amazing triggers if you happened to get a lemon. Don't throw in the towel and dismiss it.

m4brian
09-07-22, 13:23
Break it in some or upgrade it. They CAN be amazing triggers if you happened to get a lemon. Don't throw in the towel and dismiss it.

Soldiers complain but they fix and overcome.

It will go back to CZ soon - they said it should not be this way. I agree, so the form is in.

Vegas
09-07-22, 15:43
The HBI trigger is an improvement. Striker gun tho so might want to mute your expectations.

gsd2053
09-07-22, 20:58
I think the P365 is the best striker fired trigger. It is light and smooth.

mizer67
09-07-22, 21:36

I like my P365 XL, but light and smooth aren't two words I'd use in the same sentence with the trigger.

Stopsign32v
09-08-22, 07:37

No....Just no.

Mine with all the work I've done to it is just "ok" compared to some other striker fired guns. Out of the box they are best described as a defensive trigger pull, to put it nicely.

Stopsign32v
09-08-22, 07:41
I like my P365 XL, but light and smooth aren't two words I'd use in the same sentence with the trigger.

Try this https://www.armorycraft.com/product-page/p365-ultimate-master-spring-tuning-kit-4-pieces

I run the Mcarbo springs only because at the time they were the only ones that made a spring kit. I did use the factory return spring though. 100% primer pops to this day.

gsd2053
09-08-22, 16:33

I must have a unicorn.

ETA
Mine is also an XL manufactured October of 2019

mizer67
09-08-22, 17:09
I must have a unicorn.

ETA
Mine is also an XL manufactured October of 2019

Based on my sample of one, yes.

Mine is recent mfg. and it's a ~6-7 lb. trigger with a lot of creep with some grit.

I pulled the FCU apart and polished the contact points and that helped a little. That being said, poor trigger and all, it's extremely accurate and I really don't notice it as much at the range. Moreso during dry fire.

gsd2053
09-08-22, 17:57
Yes, I hate grit in triggers. This one is silky smooth. Some creep is to be expected in a striker system.

gsd2053
09-08-22, 18:18
Most are at or under 5 lbs. Mine feels lighter. I'm guessing it's due to its smoothness.

Comparing a few p365's trigger weights.

https://youtu.be/fuO5J427b1Q

gsd2053
09-08-22, 18:31
This looks like a killer upgrade for the P365. Very short take up. 3.8 lbs very short creep.

https://youtu.be/pzycv1Y5boI

danieljmaunder
09-08-22, 19:57

The new gen 5 triggers are the best one they've done. The slight change in disconnector geometry really improved it. Always been a glock guy and the worst glock trigger I've shot was a police trade in g22 that smoothed out with a few hundred round. I put the new 5.0 connectors in all my glocks and never looked back

m4brian
09-09-22, 10:52
My nephew had the best Glock trigger I've ever seen - nice smooth takeup and nice wall, clean break but not too heavy. Gen 4 G19.

next best I've seen was a Gen 3 - old and used - in a shop recently that had smooth takeup and a clean wall, but a tad too much OT. But overall a great trigger and I should have bought it.

The Gen 5s I currently see in the shop are just OK.

And back to the OP - frankly I just handled another CZ P10 - this one an F model and only slightly better than a Gen 5 Glock, but NOT CLOSE to a PDP OR a PPQ. Not.

m4brian
09-28-22, 17:32
Just got a p10f. Trigger stinks. Bad. Moral: buy CZs only in person. I throw the BS flag all over the excellent P10 trigger.

mizer67
09-30-22, 09:54
I recently bought a P10C. Trigger is fine. Nothing spectacular, nothing bad. Just a bit heavy for my tastes. Mine "felt" somewhat over 6 lbs.

Tried the Apex kit for it because I found a deal. Still not as good as my preferred Glock trigger setup, but it did improve slightly and I do prefer the more rolling break. Actually, I like the stock trigger shoe better after installing the Apex, but I went with the Apex kit for the Apex "disconnector", for lack of the correct term.

I ordered a CGW 4.4 lb. striker spring and will see if that completes the package in my eyes.

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-01-22, 12:26
I may be the least trigger sensitive person in the world (probably because I am a half-assed shooter). Pretty much I like all triggers short of the VP70z. I have Glock Gen 5, Vp70s, Walther PpQ, Steyr M9, even Wilson combat. They are all on the spectrum of good and they really don't make a huge difference to me. I think it is because I really, really learned to shoot on a terrible P2000 LEM trigger about 20 years ago. It was Godawful and if you could tame it (~8 pounds of random trigger) everything else seemed good (not a dig on LEM, I have had other LEMs that were great).

m4brian
10-01-22, 15:45
My beef in some sense is against all the reviewer‘s out there that basically see no difference between a PDP/PPQ and a CZP 10 trigger. i’ve even seen veteran reviewers say that the PPQ trigger was not as good as the P 10. One veteran reviewer gave a favorable comparison between a PDP & P 10. That’s ridiculous.

I have two and they are pretty atrocious and very heavy. Those I’ve handled in the shop edge out a Glock but pale I’m comparison to precocked strikers like the Canik or Walther.

I just think CZ has a real problem in consistency from gun to gun, just like their hammer guns.

BrigandTwoFour
10-05-22, 08:28
My beef in some sense is against all the reviewer‘s out there that basically see no difference between a PDP/PPQ and a CZP 10 trigger. i’ve even seen veteran reviewers say that the PPQ trigger was not as good as the P 10. One veteran reviewer gave a favorable comparison between a PDP & P 10. That’s ridiculous.

I have two and they are pretty atrocious and very heavy. Those I’ve handled in the shop edge out a Glock but pale I’m comparison to precocked strikers like the Canik or Walther.

I just think CZ has a real problem in consistency from gun to gun, just like their hammer guns.

The consistency issue is real. Even among CZ enthusiasts, the trend is telling each other not to buy a gun unless you can handle it and feel the trigger first. If you buy it online for a transfer, then you get the luck of the draw.

As far as the P10 goes, I have the P10 F. The trigger was fine, but certainly not as mind blowing as the initial reviewers made it seem. Mine was on the heavier end of the spec, and it was consistent. The P10's sear design will always have a slight bit of creep to it, even if it's only really noticeable when really milking it slowly. I installed the CGW kit on mine, along with an aluminum trigger with takeup adjustment. It took a fine trigger and made it a good trigger, but it's still not what I was led to believe it would be.

That said, when I actually go shoot the thing- the trigger is not something I think about at all. It's more than good enough for what I use it for.

m4brian
10-05-22, 19:52
My p10c came BACK from CZ USA. They supposedly did some work on it but it still sucks. Most of the time it breaks too far out creating huge overtravel. It’s just plain bad. Worse than every Glock I’ve seen. Comparing these triggers to PPQs is a complete joke - actually insulting. Do not buy these unless you can hold them.