PDA

View Full Version : Firearms owner's manuals

Slater
09-05-22, 14:35
I think that you could probably file this under "who really cares?", but I guess it's just a sign of the times.

Brought home a new Beretta APX A1 (full size) today and noticed that there was no owner's manual included. There's a QR card enclosed that says you can also mail this card in for a paper manual, if desired. I'm going to guess that other manufacturers will follow suit if they haven't already. Or I'm sure that you can print a manual off the Internet or the manufacturer's website.

Wouldn't be surprised if, in the future, Beretta starts charging for these. So people like me will need to replace their broken printers.

https://i.imgur.com/2tHo5O5l.jpg

ChattanoogaPhil
09-05-22, 15:00
How many gun owners actually read the owners manual?

I remember when a desktop computer included multiple paperback books. Some were an inch thick.

Gabriel556
09-05-22, 16:01
I don’t do this as my role, but part of my job is to work with publications for or product service and operator manuals. One brief meeting with anyone who writes manuals will tell you as soon as it’s printed, it’s obsolete. Now that is more so for service manuals, but if you can access a copy online, then you will automatically be getting the latest (if any updates were made).

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-05-22, 16:31
Surprised that they would get rid of it because it is 50% warning and such?

Slater
09-05-22, 17:50
Most, if not all the warnings, cautions, etc. have been added in the form of a large fold-out.

SteyrAUG
09-05-22, 17:55
Surprised that they would get rid of it because it is 50% warning and such?

Not to worry, all those warnings are now engraved on the actual firearm.

Wildcat
09-06-22, 09:23
......., but if you can access a copy online, then you will automatically be getting the latest (if any updates were made).

Back when I contributed to the content of user's manuals, I tried to explain that idea to the department responsible for them.
All I got was the sound of crickets.

SomeOtherGuy
09-06-22, 10:02
Not to worry, all those warnings are now engraved on the actual firearm.

You know the saying... when you buy a Ruger, you'll never be bored. Because you can just read your gun if you have nothing else to do.

markm
09-06-22, 11:51
Crazy... yeah... I bought a router last week and the same thing. No manual. Download the app to set up.

robbins290
09-06-22, 12:09
Its not just firearms, My 2022 Nissan frontier, did not come with a manual. Have to use an app on my phone or find it online. Annoying as hell. But its neat I can schedule oil changes on the app.

Cips
09-07-22, 21:05
Auto manufacturers have been doing this for a while. Some are even downloaded into the cars computer.

mark5pt56
09-08-22, 06:06
Sometimes it's a good thing to read manuals. Sig MPX manual clearly stated 60 inch pounds on the barrel clamp screws. During an online forum discussion, mentioned how mine were loose from the factory and tightened them to spec and a Sig rep told me the are supposed to be 30 inch pounds. Verified via Sig in NH. MCX manual states 60, who know if that one is correct. Of course mine were not "loose" to begin with.

hotbiggun42
09-08-22, 11:02
The only one i ever read was for the Ruger Mark 4. Otherswise i look online for tech info.

1_click_off
09-08-22, 20:12
The only one i ever read was for the Ruger Mark 4. Otherswise i look online for tech info.

Because you couldn’t push the damn takedown pin in!!! At least that is why I had to read the MKIV manual.