PDA

View Full Version : Need some help !!

Rickenbacker53
09-06-22, 13:05
Some of you may remember me. I used to have all kinds of Top of the line Ar's etc. I sold many here on this forum along with all my Ak, Pistols, Ammo and Tavors . I got sick and lost my job at the same time because of Obama Care .

Better now and drawing SS .

I've lost touch with the AR world.

1: A good Ar between $1 -$1500
2: Trigger
3: Holosun still the best Budget Red/Dot
4: Have QR RD Sigh mounts changed ?
5: Ammo ? I assume SGAmmo is still the place to buy ?

Thanks

Stickman
09-06-22, 13:16
1. Colt and BCM are still solid choices.

2. Stock

3. Their prices aren't super cheap, but they are holding up well.

4. Mounts are mounts, there isn't much reason to pull them on and off, any of the decent ones will work well.

5. Ammo prices are all over the board right now, but slowly are coming down. Check all over for prices, don't reply on just one place.

Hammer_Man
09-06-22, 15:08
1.) BCM, used Daniel Defense (or wait for Black Friday sales), FN, Sons of Liberty Gun Works, Sionics.

2.) What Stickman said. If you’re feeling sassy Geissele SSA-E.

3.) Aimpoint PRO, or save up for an Aimpoint Comp M4s, T2, or Comp M5. Sometimes you can find a used Comp M4s for a good deal.

4.) Unity Tactical FAST mounts

5.) Shop around, the market is pretty messed up right now.

GH41
09-06-22, 15:18
1.) BCM, used Daniel Defense (or wait for Black Friday sales), FN, Sons of Liberty Gun Works, Sionics.

2.) What Stickman said. If you’re feeling sassy Geissele SSA-E.

3.) Aimpoint PRO, or save up for an Aimpoint Comp M4s, T2, or Comp M5. Sometimes you can find a used Comp M4s for a good deal.

4.) Unity Tactical FAST mounts

5.) Shop around, the market is pretty messed up right now.

I don't recommend either of the "E" triggers for anything other than target/precision use.

davidjinks
09-08-22, 09:34
Some of you may remember me. I used to have all kinds of Top of the line Ar's etc. I sold many here on this forum along with all my Ak, Pistols, Ammo and Tavors . I got sick and lost my job at the same time because of Obama Care .

Better now and drawing SS .

I've lost touch with the AR world.

1: A good Ar between $1 -$1500
2: Trigger
3: Holosun still the best Budget Red/Dot
4: Have QR RD Sigh mounts changed ?
5: Ammo ? I assume SGAmmo is still the place to buy ?

Thanks

1. Colt or Daniel Defense on the used market
2. Geiselle SSA
3. Eotech used market EXPS 3-0
4. SGAMMO is still solid current sale going on right now

everready73
09-08-22, 11:55
Rifle- Sionics comes in at 1449 with MBUS pro and their very good NP3 BCG. You can upgrade to their 2 stage trigger for a few bucks more

https://sionicsweaponsystems.com/lawenforcement/patrol-rifle-three-xl/

Centurion Arms CM4 also a great choice at same price

https://centurionarms.com/firearms/lightweight-cm4-complete-rifle/

COlt 6960/trooper or BCM are good options as well

Trigger
Larue MBT if you dont like the trigger the gun comes with. ABout as good as the G SSA, but around $100

Holosuns are fine. Primary Arms is making some good budget red dots as well, but i always recommend Aimpoint Pro. You can find used between $300-350 which isnt much more than a budget dot. I always liked Midwest and American Defense mounts. I usually don't go QR for a red dot sight

SGammo is still gtg. PSA runs some decent ammo deals from time to time. Target sports usa is decent as well