PDA

View Full Version : The stage is being set for Water Wars.

markm
09-16-22, 12:00
The propaganda machine is clearly laying the foundation for the future of controlling the population with water control. And in the South West, it will also control farming access to water, thus they'll have food control too.

Coal Dragger
09-16-22, 12:35
I really have little in the way of sympathy for the southwest on this one.

When a bunch of people choose to live in an arid barren desert they should expect to have very little water. The rest of the country has no obligation to solve that self inflicted problem for you.

Kind of like living in New Orleans: expect hurricanes and flooding, your choice to live below sea level next to the ocean.

Straight Shooter
09-16-22, 12:39
Add in millions of illegals that shouldnt be there to start with, Im not too sorry for them either.

markm
09-16-22, 13:07
Valid points. As a native Arizonan, I've watched booger eaters from everywhere move here and bog down our State. But that's not the point.

Even Maynard from TOOL commented on what he called the possible upcoming "water wars". It's a mechanism to control the people by using water... likely to promote left wing lunacy and control. Naturally the lower water levels are linked to the fantasy of "climate change"... ALL tying back to fear driving dumb asses to vote for idiotic leftist policy. You feel me?

Straight Shooter
09-16-22, 13:38
Valid points. As a native Arizonan, I've watched booger eaters from everywhere move here and bog down our State. But that's not the point.

Even Maynard from TOOL commented on what he called the possible upcoming "water wars". It's a mechanism to control the people by using water... likely to promote left wing lunacy and control. Naturally the lower water levels are linked to the fantasy of "climate change"... ALL tying back to fear driving dumb asses to vote for idiotic leftist policy. You feel me?

Those old sci-fi movies about water controlled by Barons and such...and gonna be sci-fi one day. I remember a couple movies like that, cant recall the names just now. But, food & water will be the next control scam.

kirkland
09-16-22, 13:42
Maybe California should stop farming so many damned almonds. They're sucking Lake Mead dry.

markm
09-16-22, 13:49
Maybe California should stop farming so many damned almonds. They're sucking Lake Mead dry.

If the "big one" would hit, we'd all be better off... assuming non of the rats escape back into America.

Coal Dragger
09-16-22, 14:26

Wars have been fought over natural resources since man made his first spear.

Until very recent human history our ancestors were largely smart enough to avoid living in harsh arid deserts when there were alternative places to live with more natural resources. Among other things a temperate climate zone with plentiful natural water sources has tended to result in more stability and prosperity over time than a damned desert. There’s a reason land in hard pan deserts is usually worthless, because it’s worthless most of the time unless there are minerals to extract.

For those that want to live in deserts don’t complain to me about being hot and thirsty. Especially in this modern world we live in where relocation to a habitable area is conveniently facilitated with your automobile and a willingness to abandon the sandy hellhole you currently call home.

My advice: get out before everyone else. You don’t want to be stuck holding the bag when your home and property in the hot dry hell scape we know as the Mojave Desert once again becomes worthless. Right now you can get out with some $$$ in your pocket and opportunities to prosper where you land, 20 years from now you might be a refugee with Jack and shit.

Diamondback
09-16-22, 14:29
Build a flippin' desalination plant, ya tards. How Hard Can It Be? After all, this is how Israel gets a significant amount of its potable water, ditto US Navy warships at sea...

Oh wait, desal requires power and the greentards are all about "not one new kilowatt-second generated!" Hell, just take a couple decommissioned aircraft carriers and reset them up as seamobile power-and-desal plants...

Coal Dragger
09-16-22, 14:33
Desalination makes sense, so does nuclear power.

We don’t do things that make sense. So the best thing a guy or gal living in the Southwest can do who’s paying attention is to GTFO of there while the getting is good and moron Californians still have $$$ to buy their property at inflated prices.

markm
09-16-22, 14:38
The point is: How Real is the Problem? vs. What really appears to be a foundation for more control of the people.

flenna
09-16-22, 15:19
“The greatest conspiracy theory created is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown

Coal Dragger
09-16-22, 15:25
The point is: How Real is the Problem? vs. What really appears to be a foundation for more control of the people.

I am going to venture a guess that based on population, water consumption, and the average amount of water available in the rivers feeding the area that you guys have a real legit problem.

markm
09-16-22, 15:39
I am going to venture a guess that based on population, water consumption, and the average amount of water available in the rivers feeding the area that you guys have a real legit problem.

They're squeezing some of the Indians and the Farmers are next. But when I heard Maynard mention it in a totally unrelated video, I got to wondering how bad the powers that be could make this.

Wake27
09-16-22, 16:31
I really have little in the way of sympathy for the southwest on this one.

When a bunch of people choose to live in an arid barren desert they should expect to have very little water. The rest of the country has no obligation to solve that self inflicted problem for you.

Kind of like living in New Orleans: expect hurricanes and flooding, your choice to live below sea level next to the ocean.

How much of a choice is it for most Americans? There’s a reason that the majority of the black population is in the American south. Driving around eastern NC since I moved here in July, I’ve been reminded of how unlikely it is for a lot of people (of all colors) to leave their hometown due to poverty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Coal Dragger
09-16-22, 17:05
How much of a choice is it for most Americans? There’s a reason that the majority of the black population is in the American south. Driving around eastern NC since I moved here in July, I’ve been reminded of how unlikely it is for a lot of people (of all colors) to leave their hometown due to poverty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well in I'm not talking about the impoverished southeast, I'm talking about the southwest where people are relocating to voluntarily. They weren't born there, they actively moved to that location.

Now they might not have enough water. This is a problem they created because they're friggin' stupid, and I have zero sympathy for them.

markm
09-16-22, 17:16
Well in I'm not talking about the impoverished southeast, I'm talking about the southwest where people are relocating to voluntarily. They weren't born there, they actively moved to that location.

Now they might not have enough water. This is a problem they created because they're friggin' stupid, and I have zero sympathy for them.

That is irritating on several levels. They have these "no burn" days too (fire places/fire pits, etc). I'm like... EFF YOU! I'm not changing my behaviors because a bunch of fukks moved here.

TRD
09-16-22, 18:15
And Phoenix is the 5th largest city in the country by population and it keeps growing.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-16-22, 18:18
Everytime I go to the Grand Lake, I take pictures of the natural beauty of the headwaters of the Colorado River near and a leak in the stream as an F U to California….

Aurora, CO just outlawed grass that uses a lot of water. So lawn grass is illegal, but smoking grass isn’t…

john armond
09-16-22, 18:18
Those old sci-fi movies about water controlled by Barons and such...and gonna be sci-fi one day. I remember a couple movies like that, cant recall the names just now. But, food & water will be the next control scam.

Tank Girl to the rescue! Now when do the kangaroo men start showing up?

ETA: probably not as old as you are thinking though.

AKDoug
09-16-22, 18:30
Y'all can have some of my water. We haven't had a zero precipitation day since July 9th.

Inkslinger
09-16-22, 18:45
You’re not the only one thinking this. This assessment is from 2012. They saw no significant problem for the next 10 years. We’re now in year 10.

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/Special%20Report_ICA%20Global%20Water%20Security.pdf

AndyLate
09-16-22, 19:16
We really all need to do our part to increase global warming and unlock all that fresh water currently trapped as glacial ice.

Andy

P.S. "With golf courses using between 750,000 and 1 million gallons of water a day in the desert, and with 120 golf courses in the Coachella Valley alone"

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/09/06/california-desert-golf-courses-water/?taid=6317733708a8f400010ce838

ABNAK
09-16-22, 19:51
Remember Sam Kinison's schtick?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR13PD1UZJk

Coal Dragger
09-16-22, 20:33
We really all need to do our part to increase global warming and unlock all that fresh water currently trapped as glacial ice.

Andy

P.S. "With golf courses using between 750,000 and 1 million gallons of water a day in the desert, and with 120 golf courses in the Coachella Valley alone"

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/09/06/california-desert-golf-courses-water/?taid=6317733708a8f400010ce838

Screw golf, and screw golfers.

.45fan
09-16-22, 20:59
With all the bad stuff happening here in MI, I can say water is not an issue.
The great lakes will be here for a while, if we have to boil the water before drinking, so be it.
If only we could ship the democrats down south this would be a great place.

sgtrock82
09-17-22, 05:53
Screw golf, and screw golfers.All golf course are wastes of a perfectly good rifle range. Ive never looked over a golf course and not imagined a beautiful pop up range in its place. Mini golf should be air rifle and .22 galleries.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

Averageman
09-17-22, 06:29
All golf course are wastes of a perfectly good rifle range. Ive never looked over a golf course and not imagined a beautiful pop up range in its place. Mini golf should be air rifle and .22 galleries.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

Guns and shooting have always been the great American sport.

Averageman
09-17-22, 11:12
I've been watching things happen and I'm pretty sure the end result is going to be a hell of a lot of people "stuck" where they are at. Angry hungry people who can't leave because they don't have the ability to charge their electric vehicle. There's little food in the stores because agriculture requires fuel, because those veggies aren't planting themselves.
This is going to go down early this fall or late spring.
That they have "Water" on their To Do List doesn't surprise me.

C-grunt
09-17-22, 12:00
The biggest reason we have a water shortage is they keep using up the lakes for power generation instead of going nuclear. California is building desalination plants. But you need a lot of water to run the power turbines. Go look at Google maps or pictures of the Colorado River in Yuma Az. Mexico has huge farming communities that run off of canals from the Colorado River and then it flows out into. If you look at the main reservoirs for the Phoenix metro area such as Lake Pleasant and the Roosevelt/Canyon/Apache lakes, we dont see the same dropping in water levels. They decrease a bit in the summer months and refill during the monsoons and winter rains and snow.

Harpoon
09-17-22, 14:48
Remember Sam Kinison's schtick?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR13PD1UZJk

Yep. Why don't they move to where the water is?

Jellybean
09-17-22, 16:58

Ugh, waste of perfectly good park and rifle range land anyway. Seriously, 120 courses in one area, let alone the whole state? At a 3/4 to a million gallons per day? Geee.... I wonder where all the water is going... :rolleyes:
And now you're gonna die in that funny little hat....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JE4GYS63ak

Really though, as I've said before, I think a lot of these "crisis" situations are simply self inflicted, because our dear leaders royally suck at understanding infrastructure and logistics.
They are just playing the world's worst game of Jenga. You can only pull from your support base so much, and therefore the tower can only be so high, if you want stability. The higher you want to build the tower, the inherently less stable it gets. Except the people running the show these days are to stupid to even understand that. They, after now pulling everything they can from the base, now complain there are are "Crises!" and the base must "do more" to stop the calamity....that they themselves have caused. Because you know, we've GOT to have 40 golf courses in a DESERT, so we can rake in the easy tourism bucks, now don't you dare take more than a 5 minute lukewarm shower, citizen! It's for the environment.
Same as the power mania going on in Kali right now - "Quick, do away wit all the evil power sources! Go Green! Make everyone buy EVs to save the environment!" Two seconds later, suddenly and for no reason at all, they find they can't produce enough power to sustain society, and so of course, it's right back to "SACRIFICE! Don't turn on your AC. Don't charge your EV we made you buy! For the greater good citizen!"
Partially the same reason the "infinite migrants" scam can never be sustainable. The f***ing news is making a stink about the migrants that got dumped on Martha's Vineyard, but in reality it was only like 50 or so of them... and those over privileged dickwaffles are already howling about they can't support them. REALLY? But the rest of the country IS supposed to support the unending horde of them? Like, um... there's a reason people live all over the world. You can't cram everyone into one place for whatever political, economic, or social bullshit reasons some think tank ginned up, because you inevitably induce an overpopulation failure point, let alone other obvious problems.

Anyway, I know I'm preaching to the choir, but the more you look at it, the ever more blatantly obvious it becomes that the vast majority of these "crises" are self inflicted by the same people so keen to save us all from ourselves.
Perhaps, as one saying goes, "the process IS the punishment".

As far as "Water Wars". this is one of the oldest 'dystopian future' theory-pillars ever. Seriously, I've been reading about "the coming water wars" for decades now, right along with "the coming oil wars" and "the coming African population boom and resulting destabilization".
Unexpectedly early, in the current year, a couple new challengers have entered the arena in the form of "the looming global famine" and "power blackouts for everyone".
If you think this water issue is bad now, look into how many places there are that supply fresh water to the world... and who owns them all.
There is a reason they call it "liquid gold".
Also, get ready to "get used to" drinking recycled water.
No really, this is being pushed right along with the Bug Protein, and it's all unfolding a LOT faster than I thought it would.

kaiservontexas
09-18-22, 09:20
Ugh, waste of perfectly good park and rifle range land anyway. Seriously, 120 courses in one area, let alone the whole state? At a 3/4 to a million gallons per day? Geee.... I wonder where all the water is going... :rolleyes:
And now you're gonna die in that funny little hat....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JE4GYS63ak

Really though, as I've said before, I think a lot of these "crisis" situations are simply self inflicted, because our dear leaders royally suck at understanding infrastructure and logistics.
They are just playing the world's worst game of Jenga. You can only pull from your support base so much, and therefore the tower can only be so high, if you want stability. The higher you want to build the tower, the inherently less stable it gets. Except the people running the show these days are to stupid to even understand that. They, after now pulling everything they can from the base, now complain there are are "Crises!" and the base must "do more" to stop the calamity....that they themselves have caused. Because you know, we've GOT to have 40 golf courses in a DESERT, so we can rake in the easy tourism bucks, now don't you dare take more than a 5 minute lukewarm shower, citizen! It's for the environment.
Same as the power mania going on in Kali right now - "Quick, do away wit all the evil power sources! Go Green! Make everyone buy EVs to save the environment!" Two seconds later, suddenly and for no reason at all, they find they can't produce enough power to sustain society, and so of course, it's right back to "SACRIFICE! Don't turn on your AC. Don't charge your EV we made you buy! For the greater good citizen!"
Partially the same reason the "infinite migrants" scam can never be sustainable. The f***ing news is making a stink about the migrants that got dumped on Martha's Vineyard, but in reality it was only like 50 or so of them... and those over privileged dickwaffles are already howling about they can't support them. REALLY? But the rest of the country IS supposed to support the unending horde of them? Like, um... there's a reason people live all over the world. You can't cram everyone into one place for whatever political, economic, or social bullshit reasons some think tank ginned up, because you inevitably induce an overpopulation failure point, let alone other obvious problems.

Anyway, I know I'm preaching to the choir, but the more you look at it, the ever more blatantly obvious it becomes that the vast majority of these "crises" are self inflicted by the same people so keen to save us all from ourselves.
Perhaps, as one saying goes, "the process IS the punishment".

As far as "Water Wars". this is one of the oldest 'dystopian future' theory-pillars ever. Seriously, I've been reading about "the coming water wars" for decades now, right along with "the coming oil wars" and "the coming African population boom and resulting destabilization".
Unexpectedly early, in the current year, a couple new challengers have entered the arena in the form of "the looming global famine" and "power blackouts for everyone".
If you think this water issue is bad now, look into how many places there are that supply fresh water to the world... and who owns them all.
There is a reason they call it "liquid gold".
Also, get ready to "get used to" drinking recycled water.
No really, this is being pushed right along with the Bug Protein, and it's all unfolding a LOT faster than I thought it would.

I agree it is a mismanagement of infrastructure problem. It is also a zero build infrastructure problem, plus a zero upgrade issue, for both building and upgrading are always on permanent hold cause epa reasons. We should be building and upgrading like crazy, which besides inflation and the border, have probably been our biggest issues nobody pays any attention.
Lastly it is laughable that they cannot handle a few illegals, but have been allowing and telling us down along the border to be all open arms all of the time. I figured they would have been happy to obtain more exploitable labor. Do they not need folks to clean up after them over there in the Vineyard?