PDA

View Full Version : What Is The BEST Frozen Pizza Brand...?

SteyrAUG
09-20-22, 20:23
Ok, the RULES:

1. National brands only, don't tell us about the specialty pizza that's only available at selected stores in the Bronx.

2. Best tasting, not most affordable or best for the money. The best frozen pizza you or anyone has ever had.

3. Take off your BEER GOGGLES. I realize if drunk enough anything tastes amazing, all women are hot, etc.

Currently trying to find something better than a Red Baron pizza. Tell me what ya got.

tn1911
09-20-22, 20:25
Red Baron :dance3:

Ok, ok... we like those Screamin’ Sicilians

MAUSER202
09-20-22, 20:52
DiGiorno, Freschetta, and Amy’s are all pretty good

titsonritz
09-20-22, 20:56
I usually don't do frozen pizzas, I'll do a take-n-bake Papa Murphy's and maybe doctor it up. Got to admit though, those nasty little 99 cent Totino's pizzas bring back some fond memories.

Waylander
09-20-22, 20:56
Screaming Sicilian

DixieGuns
09-20-22, 20:58
Back in my younger days it was Totino’s pizza layered with Doritos and folded in half. May or may not have been some illicit influences to this delicacy.
Today, it’s DiGiorno

Sam
09-20-22, 21:01
Kroger house brand.

JediGuy
09-20-22, 21:20
Ah, well, I also have fond memories of Totino’s .99 pizzas. Just keep a package of real mozzarella handy to add on, then drizzle some hot sauce before eating. Hard to beat.

rjacobs
09-20-22, 21:21
I think the frozen California Pizza Kitchen ones are pretty decent for the money.

GTF425
09-20-22, 21:23
Screaming Sicilian

This is the answer.

markm
09-20-22, 21:41
Got to admit though, those nasty little 99 cent Totino's pizzas bring back some fond memories.

This. Frozen pizza sucks, so if I'm eating crap, I'm going hard in the paint with Totino's. I can role it up and chomp!

C-grunt
09-20-22, 21:50
1. Yall are crazy. Totinos is great.

2. Red Baron is our favorite.

3. My wife really likes the Pappa Murphys but they just have an odd taste to me.

TMS951
09-20-22, 22:10
Screaming Sicilian no question.

SteyrAUG
09-20-22, 22:36
Red Baron :dance3:

Ok, ok... we like those Screamin’ Sicilians

Happened to try those tonight in my quest for better frozen pizza. About like the rest.

SteyrAUG
09-20-22, 22:38
1. Yall are crazy. Totinos is great.

2. Red Baron is our favorite.

3. My wife really likes the Pappa Murphys but they just have an odd taste to me.

Might have to break down and try Pappa Murphy, there is one just a few blocks away.

tn1911
09-20-22, 22:44
Might have to break down and try Pappa Murphy, there is one just a few blocks away.

Get the Cowboy or the Papas Combo!!!

utahjeepr
09-20-22, 22:50

Chicago stuffed is pretty good as well, and damn one of those in family size is a LOT of food. I can eat on one for a couple days.

bulldozer3
09-20-22, 23:25
Papa muphys and cook it on a smoker

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
09-20-22, 23:27

I'm a simple pepperoni guy.

Aries144
09-20-22, 23:44
IMO there is no "good" frozen pizza. Try Papa Murphy's, but I think it tastes weird.

rushca01
09-21-22, 01:08
Jacks is the only right answer here :).

Dennis
09-21-22, 01:09
Weird, I had my first frozen pizza in over a decade last night on a whim and it wasn't bad.

DiGiorno Crispy Pan 3 Meat.

Dough and cheese and sauce better than Dominos but not the meat. Also 1/3 the price for delivery, well more like 1/4 because I overtip...

Dennis.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220921/c247cf7c75e6cbc610cc2fe2406736a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

bp7178
09-21-22, 05:30
Jack's cheese then add your own toppings.

Firefly
09-21-22, 06:20
Stop eating goyslop

sgtrock82
09-21-22, 06:33
I think the frozen California Pizza Kitchen ones are pretty decent for the money.I've been enjoying the crap out of their BBQ chicken pizza lately. So far that's the only product of theirs Ive seen around here, I'd be down to try some others.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

joedirt199
09-21-22, 06:41
Damn frozen pizzas are getting more expensive than delivery. I want the days of 10 totinos for $10 back.

markm
09-21-22, 07:57
Damn frozen pizzas are getting more expensive than delivery. I want the days of 10 totinos for $10 back.

I rarely eat one because it has to be really bad for you, but they no longer come in a box. It's a wrapper now and they're sort of square shaped with round edges. I guess the last one I bought tasted the same.

uffdaphil
09-21-22, 10:25
I usually get Culinary Circle pepperoni - only with thin crust. Add sliced olives and not bad. The Screaming Sicilan pepperoni is okay, but their sausage has a peculiar taste I can’t abide. Lotsa Motsa is terrible, but brother loves it. Green Mill is just over priced average in nice packaging.

Digiorno did not do it for me in the past, but that pan crust deserves a tryout.

Johnny Rico
09-21-22, 10:35
I guess the last one I bought tasted the same.

Like cardboard? :p

Alex V
09-21-22, 10:54
All frozen pizza is kinda gross, but the best one in my opinion is One Bite. David Portnoy came out with it sometime during the Plandemic lockdown. He wasn't able to go out and rate pizzas so people started sending him frozen ones to rate. He eventually just made his own. As far as frozen pizza goes, it's not terrible. Available at Walmart.

Stop eating goyslop

He's back!?

markm
09-21-22, 10:57
Like cardboard? :p

Not that bad. That's Domino's flavor. Totinos is like Top Ramen. Bad for you, but you crave it once in a great while.

Disciple
09-21-22, 12:09
Good pizza you froze the night before?

Curious why you need a boxed pizza.

Kevslatvin
09-21-22, 12:19
For a thin style crust my wife really likes Jack's. I myself like DiGiorno's. Lately my current fav is the Stranger Things Surfer Boy pizza. It's a Wal-mart exclusive I believe. It's made by Palmero also available at Wal-mart but doesn't taste the same. Different sauce. Don't know how much longer they will be available though.
All that said sometimes I get a craving for the old school Totino's and nothing else will do.

markm
09-21-22, 12:54

It's like having some shitty blaster ammo. You just keep a box or two on stand by.

scooter22
09-21-22, 12:58
Deleted.

SteyrAUG
09-21-22, 13:53

Convenience.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-21-22, 15:55
Ok, the RULES:

1. National brands only, don't tell us about the specialty pizza that's only available at selected stores in the Bronx.

2. Best tasting, not most affordable or best for the money. The best frozen pizza you or anyone has ever had.

3. Take off your BEER GOGGLES. I realize if drunk enough anything tastes amazing, all women are hot, etc.

Currently trying to find something better than a Red Baron pizza. Tell me what ya got.

Split the difference on No. 2. I order frozen pizza from "Goldbelly" website. Get in that thin crust/provel cheese pizza from STL, and from Chicago the deep-dish AND the 'tavern' thin. (That and the T-Ravs from IMO's in STL in an air fryer are AWESOME). They send them out frozen with dry ice. I wouldn't order in the heat of summer- I've gotten some July deliveries that were a 'soft'... and they don't refund for that. The IMO's pizza isn't that expensive when you order a 10 pack...

sgtrock82
09-21-22, 16:46

Curious why you need a boxed pizza.Because the desire for pizza doesn't always correspond to reasonable business hours. The manner in which these desires unfold usually leaves quality and taste somewhat trailing behind the convenience aspect.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-21-22, 17:02
And of course, it goes without saying, but it must be said so that it isn't overlooked. The main reason to own an AirFryer is to re-heat pizza with out making it soggy like a microwave...

titsonritz
09-21-22, 18:27
And of course, it goes without saying, but it must be said so that it isn't overlooked. The main reason to own an AirFryer is to re-heat pizza with out making it soggy like a microwave...

Cast iron

kaiservontexas
09-21-22, 19:00
Many of already said Digerno, and I agree. Nobody has mentioned the supermarket brand, aka the store made pizzas. Granted those are not frozen, but I think those could be frozen with no issues. Lastly I like those French bread pizzas from Stouffers.

Addendum: I was wrong. Local store brands were mentioned.

joedirt199
09-21-22, 19:43
Toaster oven works good for reheating also.

It is not a frozen pizza but if you guys have a Casey's gas station around they make a heck of a taco pizza.

flenna
09-21-22, 19:45
Bingo on the cast iron to reheat pizza.

Step 1: heat up cast iron pan on high heat.
Step 2: add pizza and cook until crust gets crisp (just a minute or two).
Step 3: add 1 teaspoon of water and cover (cook just until the steam melts the cheese, no longer).
Step 4: enjoy pizza.

Averageman
09-21-22, 20:31
I think the only way this works is if we each buy a frozen pizza and write a review.

Sam
09-21-22, 20:47
I posted yesterday that Kroger brand is my favorite. Tonight the wife said, "let's have frozen pizza" :)

kaiservontexas
09-21-22, 20:56
I posted yesterday that Kroger brand is my favorite. Tonight the wife said, "let's have frozen pizza" :)

Sorry missed that one.

jsbhike
09-21-22, 21:19
Cast iron

I had no idea Lodge makes a cast iron pizza pan until a week or 2 ago and I wondered how those compared to pizza stones or direct on the rack.

I am a toss up between Digiorno and Red Baron.

SteyrAUG
09-21-22, 22:24
Lastly I like those French bread pizzas from Stouffers.

Actually I think the French bread ones are typically superior, but it's more of a lunch thing than dinner.

markm
09-22-22, 11:00
Bingo on the cast iron to reheat pizza.

In AZ I won't heat up anything in the house. It's so hot, I'll cook a lasagna outside in the Weber so the heat isn't generated indoors. I'll also cook a pizza on the Weber too... that's hit and miss because it'll overcook some days.

titsonritz
09-22-22, 13:06
In AZ I won't heat up anything in the house. It's so hot, I'll cook a lasagna outside in the Weber so the heat isn't generated indoors. I'll also cook a pizza on the Weber too... that's hit and miss because it'll overcook some days.

You can use cast iron on the BBQ too.

titsonritz
09-22-22, 13:07
I had no idea Lodge makes a cast iron pizza pan until a week or 2 ago and I wondered how those compared to pizza stones or direct on the rack.

I know which one will survive a drop test and stove in a head.

markm
09-22-22, 16:14

That's an idea. I'm horrible at keeping the cast iron from rusting though.

AKDoug
09-22-22, 16:22

You live in AZ.. how the hell do you rust cast iron? Just wipe down with a little vegetable oil or Fireclean when your done.

titsonritz
09-22-22, 16:29

Sounds like you need to use it more often. Season it good, keep it oiled, clean immediately after use but never submerge and soak it water, do not use soap. Scrape clean with Kosher salt and chain mail scraper (https://www.amazon.com/Ringer-Original-Stainless-Cleaner-Patented/dp/B00FKBR1ZG) if needed.

Todd00000
09-22-22, 16:55
FYI the frozen pizza in Italy sucks.

TriggerFish
09-22-22, 19:53
Kroger frozen pizzas have been mentioned, but I will be more specific:
https://i.imgur.com/OJeNzkF.jpg
After 40.3 years of marriage to an woman of Italian descent (and her family) she and I have come down to this one.
We've tried a good number of brands over the years and really didn't care for them. This one is REALLY GOOD! Just try one.
Here in AZ Fry's is the Kroger store near us but if your area has any Kroger affiliated stores you should be able to find it.
Notice the "Product of Germany" on the box... We LOL as both my parents were born in Germany.

fedupflyer
09-22-22, 22:18

BBQ is a noun and not a verb.

BBQ is something you eat and not an action.

SteyrAUG
09-22-22, 22:19
Kroger frozen pizzas have been mentioned, but I will be more specific:
https://i.imgur.com/OJeNzkF.jpg
After 40.3 years of marriage to an woman of Italian descent (and her family) she and I have come down to this one.
We've tried a good number of brands over the years and really didn't care for them. This one is REALLY GOOD! Just try one.
Here in AZ Fry's is the Kroger store near us but if your area has any Kroger affiliated stores you should be able to find it.
Notice the "Product of Germany" on the box... We LOL as both my parents were born in Germany.

Sadly no Krogers near me.

fedupflyer
09-22-22, 22:26
Saw a documentary a few years back on frozen pizza.
Turns out that something like 90% of frozen pizza comes out of 2 places in the Midwest.
IRC both of the plants were in Kansas.

Diamondback
09-22-22, 22:29
Sadly no Krogers near me.

Kwik Shop is their "regional front" for Iowa. Well, WAS... for a convenience store. Sorry, man, I tried. :(

kirkland
09-22-22, 22:36
I think the frozen California Pizza Kitchen ones are pretty decent for the money.

I really liked those and they used to frequently go on sale for $4.99 ea. Now they're always $11 or $12 and never go on sale for under $10

kirkland
09-22-22, 22:41
I vote for bagel bites pepperoni

Straight Shooter
09-22-22, 22:45
Most of them arent really "bad" to me...but all of them benefit from what I call "soupin up".
I keep very good Parmesan cheese, extra peperoni, mushrooms, red pepper & other fixins to add to, or soup up, any frozen pizzas I buy.
This can really help the lower cost pizzas a lot. I also brush mine with olive oil before cooking, and I like how that helps too.

Biggy
09-22-22, 23:14
Of all the frozen pizzas I have tried over the years, I usually have regret after the first bite. I would rather just direct order a large 4 topping pizza from Domino’s for a little over $10., and wait the usually t5 minutes.

flenna
09-23-22, 06:02
Sounds like you need to use it more often. Season it good, keep it oiled, clean immediately after use but never submerge and soak it water, do not use soap. Scrape clean with Kosher salt and chain mail scraper (https://www.amazon.com/Ringer-Original-Stainless-Cleaner-Patented/dp/B00FKBR1ZG) if needed.

We’ve been using cast iron cookware exclusively for years, none of that non-stick wonder crap. To keep your pans seasoned just scrape clean after use, boil some water in it, dry and then oil while still hot. I can flip an egg in my pans. Bonus- cast iron pans will last several lifetimes if cared for properly.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-25-22, 12:04
They are all "fine." Bread, cheese. tomato paste and spicy meats are generally tasty. Even the house brands. If you are carful with your oven some of the pricey box pizzas are ok but if you are going through all that work you might as well go get a pizza.

WillieThom
09-25-22, 17:03
I thought this might be relevant…

The History of the Frozen Pizza:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S1hu8KpY3FQ

Tony617
09-25-22, 18:06
Red Baron, DiGirono, Freschette, California Pizza Kitchen. I do like the Kroger Private Selection Pizza. Sometimes I manage to buy frozen pizza on sale.

OutofBatt3ry
09-25-22, 20:55

More than slightly intoxicated. I couldn't drink enough to cook and eat frozen pizza...Red Baron is garbage. Id rather not eat then get fast food in the morning on the drive to work. It's that bad.
Frozen pizza is universally terrible. My kid will only eat the $1 Walmart single serving pizzas(yellow box for cheese, blue for Pep). I haven't eaten a frozen pizza in 10+ years.

SteyrAUG
09-25-22, 21:59
More than slightly intoxicated. I couldn't drink enough to cook and eat frozen pizza...Red Baron is garbage. Id rather not eat then get fast food in the morning on the drive to work. It's that bad.
Frozen pizza is universally terrible. My kid will only eat the $1 Walmart single serving pizzas(yellow box for cheese, blue for Pep). I haven't eaten a frozen pizza in 10+ years.

When I was in Florida I was 100% THAT, because real pizza existed. Right now the closest real pizza is a 40 mile drive from my house.

Just did a Cali Pizza Kitchen margherita that I added pepperoni to, it's the best frozen so far, but not even close to what you get at an actual Cal Pizza Kitchen restaurant.

TehLlama
09-26-22, 22:44
California Pizza Kitchen - Sicilian - Honestly good enough I don't mind having to wait the time, and I actually look forward to eating it... basically a delicacy, but I have to make sure my fat arse doesn't eat the entire pizza and leave my wife nothing

gsd2053
09-27-22, 08:05
6 to 1 and half a dozen to the other. Sure there are a few really bad ones. Frozen Pizza is Frozen Pizza.

If your going to do that. How about those nasty little heart burn acid reflux Tostino's pizza rolls. I have to have a glass of milk with them just to curb the side effects.

I like milk with all my lasagnas and pizzas.

kirkland
09-27-22, 09:05
6 to 1 and half a dozen to the other. Sure there are a few really bad ones. Frozen Pizza is Frozen Pizza.

If your going to do that. How about those nasty little heart burn acid reflux Tostino's pizza rolls. I have to have a glass of milk with them just to curb the side effects.

I like milk with all my lasagnas and pizzas.

I ate a bag of those nasty little things yesterday...

davidjinks
09-28-22, 09:41
Ok, the RULES:

Totino’s pizza rolls!

FIGHT ME!!!

MWAG19919
09-28-22, 09:54
I'm a big fan of Urban Pie and Screamin Sicilian

henri
09-28-22, 10:24
Flatbread brand. Nothing else compares. All others suck. Period. End of sentence.

kirkland
09-28-22, 13:41
If you're a real badass you'll eat your frozen pizza right out of the freezer while cleaning your gun like Cobra.

https://youtu.be/401K11ux_TI

kirkland
09-28-22, 13:51
double tap

SteyrAUG
09-28-22, 14:52
Totino’s pizza rolls!

FIGHT ME!!!

Actually...for fun I looked at the cost of Totino's party pizzas and they were $3 EACH. Used to be .50 each on a good day.

wildcard600
09-28-22, 15:45
Roncadin.

I get the three packs of cheese at Sam's club and church them up with my own toppings. Best cooked on a pizzazz but still good in a regular oven.

https://roncadin.us

davidjinks
09-28-22, 20:26
Actually...for fun I looked at the cost of Totino's party pizzas and they were $3 EACH. Used to be .50 each on a good day.

Bro, you’re dating yourself!

Unfortunately, I too remember when they were cheap.

omegajb
09-29-22, 04:39
I'm an absolute pizza snob, I worked in an Italian pizza place while in college and thumb my nose at most chain pizza's.

Frozen pizza has been sacreligious to me, until I tried One Bite frozen pizza. I had low expectations, but it was freakishly good.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/One-Bite-Thin-Crust-Cheese-Pizza/847102297

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

JediGuy
09-29-22, 21:16

Stop with the negative waves!

https://i.imgur.com/MYnv7aM.jpg

tn1911
09-30-22, 11:02
Unfortunately, I too remember when they were cheap.

Me too... :cray:

kirkland
09-30-22, 11:44
Has anybody mentioned Freschetta's yet? They're not bad. Better than DiGiorno in my opinion.

C-grunt
09-30-22, 12:03
Everyone knows you buy Totinos when they go on sale at 10 for 10 bucks.

kirkland
09-30-22, 12:25

Oh hell yeah, the good ol' 10 for 10 deal! Been a while since I had Totino's. My old man used to buy those all the time when I was a kid after him and my mom got divorced. Totino's pizzas and pizza rolls.

titsonritz
09-30-22, 12:33

F'n A.