PDA

View Full Version : Box of M16 Weapons Shipped to Couple's Home

Buncheong
09-27-22, 12:14
"'It’s almost surreal to believe something like that happen nowadays. It’s incredible,' said retired Houston police captain and former Marine Greg Fremin. 'It’s unbelievable to think weapons of that grade, military-grade weapons, would be shipped in containers [that] would be shipped across state lines and somebody have access to that. It’s pretty shocking.'"

https://www.wowt.com/2022/09/27/box-m16-weapons-shipped-couples-home/

AKDoug
09-27-22, 12:22
Crazy! I once ordered a surplus ECWS jacket and it had a loaded 30 round mag in it. Lots of IDGAF in the surplus world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABNAK
09-27-22, 12:34
They'll run a check on those serial numbers and track them to their last know disposition......then someone's ass will be in a crack. Methinks someone has cooked the books when they realized a crapload of M16's were missing on their watch.

Would be curious to see the results of the investigation.

gsd2053
09-27-22, 13:42
Always some other guy

mack7.62
09-27-22, 14:00
The bought 100 "empty" cases the one shown had 12 M16A2's in it they are not saying if they found any others. Years ago someone bought a truckload of wooden 2.75 rocket boxes and trucked them to Mexico where they found one came with rockets.

ST911
09-27-22, 14:02
Happens waaaaay more than ever hits the media.

flenna
09-27-22, 14:09
Some people have all the luck….

gsd2053
09-27-22, 14:09
That's one hell of a fortune in that cookie.

kaiservontexas
09-27-22, 14:15
I would be so tempted. It would be as if the serpent slithered on round the tree to start whispering into my ear if I opened up on of those crates to discover such treasure.

I hope the folks who discovered all of this will be safe from any over zealous prosecution. Technically they were in receivership of prohibited items, and it takes just one numnut want to add to their stats da office to turn that around and make them prove it was not some conspiracy to obtain illicit goods. I know it is reaching, but I simply do not trust things nowadays.

markm
09-27-22, 14:16
I would have kept the shit out of those and made some homo tiktock videos!

gsd2053
09-27-22, 14:44
They sent them to the Wong House.

Artos
09-27-22, 14:45
Do military small arms have a similar tracing system like the civilian market??

rero360
09-27-22, 15:00
I sure as heck wouldn’t have said a word about them to anyone, pulled them out of the rack and store them somewhere else so if anyone ever came looking, I’d say “no M4s here, just empty racks, take a look”

OLIAR15
09-27-22, 15:12
This is absolutely nuts. Those are M16A2 right ? Are they still in use in the US military ? And enquiring minds need to know : were there 12 or 1200 of those ?

markm
09-27-22, 15:15
It's funny how "they" act like these are super duper deadly weapons... So dramatic.

DirectTo
09-27-22, 15:24
Here's the 10 M16s we found, sir.

mack7.62
09-27-22, 16:27
This is absolutely nuts. Those are M16A2 right ? Are they still in use in the US military ? And enquiring minds need to know : were there 12 or 1200 of those ?

Not many US A2 users those were likely supposed to be shipped to the Taliban.

kirkland
09-27-22, 17:01

Yeah, God forbid we let a couple M16's get into the hands of law abiding citizens, but giving billions of dollars of advanced US military equipment to the Taliban is A-OK according to Biden and friends.

C'mon man!

Pappabear
09-27-22, 17:15
I didnt read the entire article, are they full auto?

Those babies would have never been reported, I mean finders keepers

PB

mack7.62
09-27-22, 17:22
A2's would be 3 round burst.

Straight Shooter
09-27-22, 17:48
1. Discover the joy.
2. Put lid back on EXACTLY like it came off.
3. Put crate back in the stack of others & wait 6 months or so.
4. If someone comes looking..act like you dont know WTH they are talking about. "Go look for yourself..WOW I DIDNT KNOW THEY WERE IN THERE"!!
5. If no one comes in 6 months or so....HAVE FUN & PROFIT.
Its what Id do anyway. Yes, one COULD make some homo tic tacs for extra cover & concealment. I WOULDNT...but one could.

SteyrAUG
09-27-22, 18:30
I definitely would have reported getting a box of M-16 lower receivers.

flenna
09-27-22, 19:03
Giving towel headed terrorists $89 billion of advanced weaponry= good.

Law abiding American citizens inadvertently given a dozen M16A2s= bad.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-27-22, 19:15
YEARS ago I had ordered something from AAC. I think it was an adapter for my Ti-rant. I got home and on my porch were two long boxes. Odd. Opened them up: two brand spanking new bolt action rifles in the trendy new 300 Blackout. Of course, I didn't want that crap because that caliber wasn't going anywhere. I called them up and told them," hey guys, I'll give you these two awesome rifles back if you will send me a t-shirt!" I got my t-shrt and some shipping labels.

Disciple
09-27-22, 19:58

Five by five.

JediGuy
09-27-22, 20:37

Is that like the part that holds the bullets? I’ve got these parts but it’s not like a whole rifle, I didn’t know what they were at first, just like the long barrel.

ThirdWatcher
09-27-22, 23:32
I would have returned them, I just don’t need the grief that comes with waiting for .gov to figure it out. I couldn’t afford to feed them anyway.

kirkland
09-28-22, 02:36
Is that like the part that holds the bullets? I’ve got these parts but it’s not like a whole rifle, I didn’t know what they were at first, just like the long barrel.

That's the part that makes it fully-semiautomatic.

Wildcat
09-28-22, 09:03
I would have returned them, I just don’t need the grief that comes with waiting for .gov to figure it out. I couldn’t afford to feed them anyway.

That is what the couple tried to do.
AFT showed up with a warrant and turned it into a circus anyway.

davidjinks
09-28-22, 09:25
"'It’s almost surreal to believe something like that happen nowadays. It’s incredible,' said retired Houston police captain and former Marine Greg Fremin. 'It’s unbelievable to think weapons of that grade, military-grade weapons, would be shipped in containers [that] would be shipped across state lines and somebody have access to that. It’s pretty shocking.'"

https://www.wowt.com/2022/09/27/box-m16-weapons-shipped-couples-home/

OH NO!!!!!! Military grade weapons!?!?!?

Dude who received the case of free M16s is an idiot for opening his mouth. If that were me, they would have been PMCSed, cleaned, and packed away. Then I would have locked myself in the bathroom and feverishly masturbated until dehydration.

markm
09-28-22, 09:36
YEARS ago I had ordered something from AAC. I think it was an adapter for my Ti-rant. I got home and on my porch were two long boxes. Odd. Opened them up: two brand spanking new bolt action rifles in the trendy new 300 Blackout. Of course, I didn't want that crap because that caliber wasn't going anywhere. I called them up and told them," hey guys, I'll give you these two awesome rifles back if you will send me a t-shirt!" I got my t-shrt and some shipping labels.

I'd have sent those back too. Even if they were in a good caliber, that's something they'd have probably figured out at some point. I'd have leverages at least 5 shirts though.

ThirdWatcher
09-28-22, 14:38

This heavy-handed crap needs to stop, this Country is turning into Nazi Germany.

Coal Dragger
09-28-22, 16:53

A nice preview of how ATF will handle the pistol brace amnesty or whatever they want to call it.

utahjeepr
09-28-22, 22:27
Hey, law sez you can keep unsolicited merchandise and you don't have to pay for it. ;)

OLIAR15
09-29-22, 07:29
Doesn’t the law in the US also says it’s illegal to possess a full auto rifle that is not on the register, and that will land one in jail for some serious time ?

Like this guy with his M14

https://www.cbsnews.com/dfw/news/decorated-vietnam-veteran-pow-sentenced-to-7-years-for-mistake-made-decades-ago/

The_War_Wagon
09-29-22, 07:45

Some NG unit's leftovers?

I'm reminded of the western rancher's code regarding coyotes & wolves - "Shoot, shovel, & shut up." I'd suddenly be into geocaching!

markm
09-29-22, 11:09
So I'm the only one who would make an ignoramus Rap style video flaunting the merch, and post it all over the tiktoks and snapchats and assface and myspace????

kaiservontexas
09-29-22, 11:32
Doesn’t the law in the US also says it’s illegal to possess a full auto rifle that is not on the register, and that will land one in jail for some serious time ?

Like this guy with his M14

https://www.cbsnews.com/dfw/news/decorated-vietnam-veteran-pow-sentenced-to-7-years-for-mistake-made-decades-ago/

Yup, and as for the old guy with the M14. How come it took them so long to find that rifle? The man bought it in the 80s at a gun show. It seems odd to me that out of nowhere they would have discovered where it was; especially, when the owner kept it in a case all of the time just to display it privately in his home.

flenna
09-29-22, 12:12
I miss the good ‘ole days when I could walk into a hardware store and buy a BAR, Thompson SMG or even a Colt Monitor. Yes, that was real freedom, fellas.

kaiservontexas
09-29-22, 12:36
That scene in that movie made me weep for lost liberties.