PDA

View Full Version : "do it yourself" trigger job?

das028
12-23-08, 12:40
I came across this procedure to lighten the trigger on a AR-15 and i noticed in one

of the steps it requires you to bend BOTH legs of the trigger spring. But in

the

diaram provided it only shows one leg being bent. Do any of you guys know

which one is the correct procedure?

http://www.sargenthome.com/15_Minute_AR_Trigger_Job.htm

Mr.Goodtimes
12-23-08, 12:57
you need to bend both.... i just did this trigger job on my m4 and it turned out great! it shows one still straight for comparison. Also, if not too late, leave a half inch instead of a quarter inch on the hammer spring. good luck :)

das028
12-23-08, 21:44
Just inished and wow, my trigger wen from 6 1/2 lbs to roughly 4 lbs. I didnt adverage my readings but I did check it a couple times. I didnt think it would change that much.

I did do things a little diffferent. Instead of aplying the polish on the sear and hammer and then dry firing 10 + times, I polished the contact points really smooth! Basically to a mirror finish. Trigger feels sweet!!!

g5m
12-23-08, 22:47
I came across this procedure to lighten the trigger on a AR-15 and i noticed in one

of the steps it requires you to bend BOTH legs of the trigger spring. But in

the

diaram provided it only shows one leg being bent. Do any of you guys know

which one is the correct procedure?

http://www.sargenthome.com/15_Minute_AR_Trigger_Job.htm

Thanks for that link.

TomMcC
12-24-08, 10:28
I tried this trigger job, it didn't work for me. The fellow said he has never got light primer strikes, but I did. I think it was on some XM-193. I would check all the types of ammo you will shoot to make sure.

das028
12-30-08, 09:34
I tried this trigger job, it didn't work for me. The fellow said he has never got light primer strikes, but I did. I think it was on some XM-193. I would check all the types of ammo you will shoot to make sure.

Did it lighten your trigger though?

TomMcC
12-30-08, 10:20
It did lighten the trigger. I don't exactly how much, but it did feel much better. The cost was too high though. I want my guns to be reliable above all.

Kaos
12-30-08, 10:48
that's why I see most people do 1/2" and not 1/4" as light strikes are more common with 1/4"