PDA

View Full Version : Glock AR15

C-grunt
10-02-22, 13:46
Some pics of a legit Glock AR15 have been leaked onto the internet. Apparently they are competing for a military trial in Europe. Anyone have actual info on this thing? I try and find a link with the pics.

C-grunt
10-02-22, 13:48
https://www.spartanat.com/2022/10/die-neue-glock-ein-ar15/

Website is in German I believe, but it has the pictures.

C-grunt
10-02-22, 13:49
On social media, guys who are involved in some of the accessories pictured have confirmed the images a being legit.

Defaultmp3
10-02-22, 14:16
I'm told it's legit, and lost out in an SAS trial.

Coal Dragger
10-02-22, 16:25
Why would anyone think Glock would magically make a better M4 than the current top tier manufacturers who have decades of experience?

Lots of guys get all excited about a Glock something in 5.56mm but I don’t understand why. Just because they are really good at injection molded polymer pistol frames and designed a simple pistol with a reliable magazine, doesn’t mean they’re going to build some Uber super duper carbine that uses non of their core strengths in manufacturing/engineering.

flenna
10-02-22, 16:41
Why would anyone think Glock would magically make a better M4 than the current top tier manufacturers who have decades of experience?

Because, Glock.

Hammer27
10-02-22, 16:53
They did magically make a pistol better than the top tier manufacturers with decades of experience...

WillieThom
10-02-22, 17:01
It doesn’t look too shabby, if we’re being honest. They’ve got their own sort of twist with regard to the style of the controls and how they look, but other than that it looks like any other “top-tier” AR variant.

Hope it does well.

Hank6046
10-02-22, 17:27
Thank god they got rid of the finger grooves

Stopsign32v
10-02-22, 17:29
I'll stick to my KACs, Gs, LMTs, or Colts.

(Or the PSA on Black Friday deals that are equal to all the above :o )

Stopsign32v
10-02-22, 17:30

I'm sure the final version will have half a hole cutout in the front of the grip.

seb5
10-02-22, 19:54
I've only got BCM, Colt, and frankengun AR's left but would be willing to try one if they're priced competitively. What's to loose? They make good products, have changed many times based on customer feedback, and brought out models that customers were asking for.

Building a good, high end AR is not rocket science. The recipe has been around for many years. It's like building a Chevy 350, the homework has been done for decades. With the plethora of AR's out there, even just the high end ones it would seem disingenuous to say they can't build a quality AR. It looks like an ambi mag release as well.

Mrgunsngear
10-02-22, 20:46
My thoughts on it:

https://youtu.be/ZVIScNnOJME

SteyrAUG
10-02-22, 21:23
They did magically make a pistol better than the top tier manufacturers with decades of experience...

Yet, their shovel still sucks.

I'd probably grab one for the roll mark, assuming they make them stateside. But unless they bought the rights, I think Colt, Knights and probably HK (just because) are gonna sue the shit out of them.

SteyrAUG
10-02-22, 21:25

Looks like a MOE to me.

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-02-22, 21:46
It looks like a bit of Hanel/caracal influence

C-grunt
10-02-22, 23:03
It looks like a bit of Hanel/caracal influence

That lever on the rail finely looks like the Hanel. Maybe they teamed up with Glock for this?

robbins290
10-03-22, 08:22
I'll stick to my KACs, Gs, LMTs, or Colts.

(Or the PSA on Black Friday deals that are equal to all the above :o )

LOL, same. I bought one that was 250 shipped. I used it like I stole. Trying to make it fail. I will not. I use it as a coyote hunting now.

Hank6046
10-03-22, 08:52
Looks like a MOE to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llE7wT1BKt8

jackblack73
10-03-22, 09:34
Looks like a MOE to me.

That would make sense since it's a Magpul stock, but I think it looks like it flares out too much for a MOE. There's also a dot in the heel that could be a pivot for a trap door.

chuckman
10-03-22, 09:59
It's in competition to KAC and I think another for UK SF (not just SAS) contract. I don't know that the contract has been settled yet. I do not know if it'll be mass produced for civilian sales.

It is proprietary and has several patents. I dig the QD rail for manipulating the adjustable gas block, but otherwise nothing gives me excitement. I would not want one for the simple fact of Glock proprietary parts, so you know they'd be expensive and probably hard to get.

RHINOWSO
10-03-22, 17:48
Regardless of the hate, Glock would sell these in droves here in the US.

"Glock" brand sells.

MegademiC
10-03-22, 21:18

Lots of guys get all excited about a Glock something in 5.56mm but I don’t understand why. Just because they are really good at injection molded polymer pistol frames and designed a simple pistol with a reliable magazine, doesn’t mean they’re going to build some Uber super duper carbine that uses non of their core strengths in manufacturing/engineering.

What strengths in manufacuring/engineering do they have that wouldnt transfer from pistol to rifle?

I believe that if you have sound manufacturing & engineering you can make a solid anything. The best? Maybe not, but solid.

kaiservontexas
10-03-22, 23:07
I was hoping that when I saw this thread it would read that they are making Glock carbines finally as AR pistol caliber carbines. I know many people have been hoping that Glock would make a carbine for a very long time.

flenna
10-04-22, 04:23
Regardless of the hate, Glock would sell these in droves here in the US.

"Glock" brand sells.

I was at a pistol training course last year and the instructor said “Glock could come out with a single shot shotgun and would sell tons of them because, well, it’s a Glock”.

ABNAK
10-07-22, 18:27
I was hoping that when I saw this thread it would read that they are making Glock carbines finally as AR pistol caliber carbines. I know many people have been hoping that Glock would make a carbine for a very long time.

True, but I think most people (myself included) were thinking along the lines of something "proprietary" or different. This is just another DI AR platform. Not knocking it mind you, just that the long-awaited Glock entry into the long-gun world is kinda meh.

kaiservontexas
10-07-22, 18:43
True ABNAK, maybe Österreich is handing out contracts? Or they have watched the USA AR-15 market and figure it may add to their bottom line.

ABNAK
10-07-22, 19:46
True ABNAK, maybe Österreich is handing out contracts? Or they have watched the USA AR-15 market and figure it may add to their bottom line.

Good point, but Gaston's Boys missed that boat by a couple of years. The AR market is basically flooded these days. Yeah, they did it for a military contract but one would think it will eventually seep into the already "obese" AR market.

For some reason I always pictured Glock's fabled [non]entry into the carbine field as being a gas piston operated system. Not sure why, just a prediction I made to myself.

Slater
10-08-22, 07:54
I always though a Glock carbine would just be a G17 with a shoulder stock and an extended mag.

Firefly
10-08-22, 09:29
Lame and weak.

I want the one they’ve kept hidden for 30 years with the quick change barrels and the ability to use 5.45 ammo and magazines with the integrated optic

Leicafan1990
10-08-22, 15:46
I probably won’t buy one but the more competition the better. It has all the features people ask for these days like full ambi controls and adjustable gas block, plus some extra enhancements like an enhanced bolt and a QD rail. It will probably sell well if they ever offer it to us plebs.

ABNAK
10-08-22, 18:12
I probably won’t buy one but the more competition the better. It has all the features people ask for these days like full ambi controls and adjustable gas block, plus some extra enhancements like an enhanced bolt and a QD rail. It will probably sell well if they ever offer it to us plebs.

May I ask where you got that from? Seriously interested to read it.

HMsailor
10-09-22, 08:41
From my observation. It looks like it is fully ambidextrious and has a built-in supressor with a threaded barrel.

DaBigBR
10-09-22, 14:02
Yet, their shovel still sucks.

I'd probably grab one for the roll mark, assuming they make them stateside. But unless they bought the rights, I think Colt, Knights and probably HK (just because) are gonna sue the shit out of them.

Sue them for what? There's nothing protectable about AR-15 receivers and Glock has received (European) patents on their proprietary stuff on this gun.

"Just because it's Glock" really doesn't mean shit.

Hank6046
10-10-22, 08:28
"Just because it's Glock" really doesn't mean shit.

I would only say that this is true because we have so many innovative AR companies out right now, I'm happy to see Glock get into the ring, but what are they going to do that Giessele, Knights, BCM, SOLGW etc, have not already done.

Hammer_Man
10-10-22, 11:28
what are they going to do that Giessele, Knights, BCM, SOLGW etc, have not already done.

Build a long gun with the word Glock stamped on the side of it.

Hank6046
10-10-22, 11:32
Build a long gun with the word Glock stamped on the side of it.

You got me there