PDA

View Full Version : Minimum posts to molest the equipment exchange

czgunner
10-09-22, 22:10
I know its been said, but I feel like every time I open the forum, I see some new jackhole with the minimum amount of required posts filling up the for sale section.
Specifically, dudes have 30 posts and the EE is full of their stuff.
Just griping.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

HKGuns
10-09-22, 23:01
Yep. Don’t forget most asking scalping prices. I just add them to my extensive IL.

gsd2053
10-09-22, 23:08
What's the minimum post count?

SteyrAUG
10-10-22, 03:48
Yep. Don’t forget most asking scalping prices. I just add them to my extensive IL.

Simple.

I sometimes list my personal shit high. I'm willing to part with it IF I get this price, otherwise I'd rather keep it. There is a difference between have to sell and willing to sell. There is also a difference between have to buy and willing to buy.

The guy who needs what I'm selling to complete his collection, who needs it in the condition it's in...well that's the price. The guy just looking for a good deal on whatever...he's gonna keep looking.

It's called the free market and it works both ways.

If a guy has a CR6920 listed for $5k, sure ok, actually helps everyone else sell theirs. OP should just keep scrolling.

Sam
10-10-22, 06:34
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?37102-EE-Procedures-and-Rules

markm
10-10-22, 08:10
Stupid EE prices are so annoying. Butt plugs regularly list shit a full retail, and often more than I can find it brand new. Being new to the forum doesn't seem to matter.

HKGuns
10-10-22, 11:58
Simple.

I sometimes list my personal shit high. I'm willing to part with it IF I get this price, otherwise I'd rather keep it. There is a difference between have to sell and willing to sell. There is also a difference between have to buy and willing to buy.

The guy who needs what I'm selling to complete his collection, who needs it in the condition it's in...well that's the price. The guy just looking for a good deal on whatever...he's gonna keep looking.

It's called the free market and it works both ways.

If a guy has a CR6920 listed for $5k, sure ok, actually helps everyone else sell theirs. OP should just keep scrolling.

Which is why they end up on my IL.

+ This isn’t directed at someone like you, who participates other than just to sell stuff.

I’d give someone like you the benefit of the doubt on a high priced item. Not so much the usual suspects.

Disciple
10-10-22, 12:14
Being new to the EE I'll take the opportunity to ask what percent off street price is appropriate for a new item?

czgunner
10-10-22, 12:27
Being new to the EE I'll take the opportunity to ask what percent off street price is appropriate for a new item?I think the point is to not try to gouge your fellow enthusiasts in this relatively small online community. I'm all about capitalism, and there are plenty of places to ask too much money, like the auction sites and barfcom. This is just my opinion and not the rules of the forum.

SteyrAUG
10-10-22, 13:13
Being new to the EE I'll take the opportunity to ask what percent off street price is appropriate for a new item?

If you are selling to me 50% off. But if I decide to sell it later, 10% above MSRP.

Seriously, I don't think this is about new guys or anything like that but more a reaction to the trend in gun prices overall. We all know what FFL prices are, we all know what MSRP is but the market is once again in chaos and that makes people nuts.

Coal Dragger
10-10-22, 15:10
I have considered utilizing the EE, and look at it now and again but for the most part avoid it due to the above listed reasons.

Plus the few items I would like to sell probably aren’t marketable on this site.

gsd2053
10-10-22, 15:29
I have never sold anything through a Equipment Exchange. Everything I have sold went locally first.

I guess it helps to be able to post pictures and all.

kirkland
10-10-22, 17:05
Yeah I just had a little browse around the EE and some of the prices being asked for complete ARs and AR uppers are just nuts. I'm not gonna point to any specific listings but if you know what you're looking at, you know. If they can find a sucker willing to pay those prices then good for them I guess.

Jellybean
10-11-22, 00:21

It really depends on how in-demand the item is.
Back in the day when the re-sale market was way less dead than it is now, 20% OFF retail was usually a good enough start to get things to sell with a minimum of hassle. But, I've randomly had things sell for near-retail, and I've had people pitch a fit over items I had marked down well below 20%. It depends; just be prepared to lose more than you expect.
Also NOBODY will ever pitch in for shipping, so whatever your item is marked as, make sure you add YOUR shipping cost to the amount you are willing to lose off what you paid retail...

Hammer_Man
10-11-22, 11:04
Personally I think the minimum post count should be A LOT higher. Like 500 or so. I’m tired of these scalpers clogging up the EE with their $2,700 6920s.

SteyrAUG
10-11-22, 23:12
Personally I think the minimum post count should be A LOT higher. Like 500 or so. I’m tired of these scalpers clogging up the EE with their $2,700 6920s.

At the end of the day SAW will still sell it for $3700 so what's the difference? I understand that many would like to buy from a fellow member and all that, but honestly just buy from those who actually support the site by being sponsors / advertisers. Won't be the cheapest game in town but still cheaper than most individuals selling in the EE and also keeps the site going.

ST911
10-12-22, 08:29
I know its been said, but I feel like every time I open the forum, I see some new jackhole with the minimum amount of required posts filling up the for sale section.
Specifically, dudes have 30 posts and the EE is full of their stuff.
Just griping.

Best practice is to buy from an established member with a known post quality and personal conduct history. There may also be long time members with less content worth considering. Site sponsorship may also be another useful criteria. I would not buy anything from new members with only the required minimum, especially if it was recently added. Please report suspicion of post-whoring to mods so that we can do our thing.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
10-12-22, 08:39

To me it’s not so much about the price of any given object. It’s guys like Rooster who spam the entire EE with $100 Colt gas tubes that no one will ever buy. This pushes my sales to the second page and keeps his ridiculous ads on top.