PDA

View Full Version : Mar-a-Lago classified papers held U.S. secrets about Iran and China

tn1911
10-21-22, 18:12
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/10/21/trump-documents-mar-a-lago-iran-china/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=reddit.com&utm_source=reddit.com

Some of the classified documents recovered by the FBI from Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home and private club included highly sensitive intelligence regarding Iran and China, according to people familiar with the matter. If shared with others, the people said, such information could expose intelligence-gathering methods that the United States wants to keep hidden from the world.
At least one of the documents seized by the FBI describes Iran’s missile program, according to these people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation. Other documents described highly sensitive intelligence work aimed at China, they said.
Unauthorized disclosures of specific information in the documents would pose multiple risks, experts say. People aiding U.S. intelligence efforts could be endangered, and collection methods could be compromised. In addition, other countries or U.S. adversaries could retaliate against the United States for actions it has taken in secret.
The secret documents about Iran and China are considered among the most sensitive the FBI has recovered to date in its investigation of Trump and his aides for possible mishandling of classified information, obstruction and destruction of government records, the people said.
The former president has denied wrongdoing in having the documents at Mar-a-Lago, claiming in a recent television interview that he declassified any documents in his possession, and that a president can declassify information “even by thinking about it.”
A Trump spokesman did not immediately respond to requests for comment Friday morning.

glocktogo
10-21-22, 18:17
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/10/21/trump-documents-mar-a-lago-iran-china/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=reddit.com&utm_source=reddit.com

Now why does it seem that the only unauthorized disclosures that actually happen, come from the FBI and DoJ? :confused:

SomeOtherGuy
10-21-22, 18:21
Maybe, maybe not. I literally don't believe ANYthing this post-truth regime claims. If they say the sky is blue I'm going to assume some horrible phenomena changed its color.

ChattanoogaPhil
10-21-22, 20:53
“according to people familiar with the matter.”

Well there ya go….

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-21-22, 21:35
F the alphabet guys…

Buckaroo
10-21-22, 21:39
Until Hillary is behind bars IDGAF!
Literally, she did so much more and they could not be bothered so please spare me the drama

Hush
10-21-22, 21:40
https://youtu.be/Lrr_VVtyUA8

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

ABNAK
10-21-22, 22:26
If this is true I would trust Trump with those documents and the intelligence therein much more than the ones who currently [and fraudulently] are in power at this moment! I can see the criminal Biden & Son empire seeing a way to somehow make $$$, the U.S. be damned.

HKGuns
10-21-22, 22:53
Fake News, the Washington COMPOST is a famous deep state rag.

SteyrAUG
10-21-22, 23:06
according to people familiar with the matter

Wow...there's an absolutely credible source. Might as well have gone with "a guy I know."

SteyrAUG
10-21-22, 23:08
“according to people familiar with the matter.”

Well there ya go….

THANK YOU for seeing it.

For everyone else, this isn't fake news. This is opinion news. It's completely non sourced.

HKGuns
10-21-22, 23:43
THANK YOU for seeing it.

For everyone else, this isn't fake news. This is opinion news. It's completely non sourced.

Otherwise known as Fake News SAUG.

SteyrAUG
10-22-22, 00:44
Otherwise known as Fake News SAUG.

Fine line difference, not sure it's even worth the discussion however.

kirkland
10-22-22, 01:06
First of all the president is the one who has say over what's classified and what's not. And AFAIK there's no real process he has to go through. If the president says it's declassified, it's declassified. That's what being the chief executive means, you don't answer to anybody on the matter. So if Trump says he declassified those documents while he was president, they're pretty much declassified. Right? We all know this is just another mud dragging attemp by the Dems to try and prevent Trump from running again.

Averageman
10-22-22, 05:39
Remember "The Shell Game?"
Every President takes some documents with him to write a book. Trump had boxes of records.
The people who keep records wanted to inspect, they did. Trump then improved his security for those documents.
Now the FBI get involved, they come down and fiddle around and take boxes of documents away.

What were those documents?
Why isn't Trump being supported in writing his memories of his time as POTUS?
Were Obama, Clinton, Bush I or Bush II treated in a like manner?

Now that the FBI has taken the documents have the contents of these boxes in any way been tampered with?

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-22-22, 16:11
First of all the president is the one who has say over what's classified and what's not. And AFAIK there's no real process he has to go through. If the president says it's declassified, it's declassified. That's what being the chief executive means, you don't answer to anybody on the matter. So if Trump says he declassified those documents while he was president, they're pretty much declassified. Right? We all know this is just another mud dragging attemp by the Dems to try and prevent Trump from running again.

A while ago I heard the legal theory that even if something was declassified that revealing the information could be harmful to the security of United States and then its self be treasonous or a violation of the espionage act. We toy the classified information, it doesn’t matter. An interesting legal theory that I’m sure a grand jury and eventually a jury in Washington DC would eat up.

As to whether or not the papers have been manipulated, I kind of doubt it, but the alphabet boys have totally tanked any kind of goodwill that I would have for them. I think it is totally within the realm of dirty tricks. Of course they don’t even have to do that. They can just show you a page that’s fully redacted and say that is says that Donald Trump killed Santa Claus, molested the Easter bunny, celebrates Kwanzaa, and likes drawing pictures of Muhammad.

dwhitehorne
10-22-22, 22:07
It has been reported on the radio that the courts decided the presidential documents issue in a 2012 case with former President Clinton when he left office and had audio tapes witht classified discussions in his possession. Clinton declassified the tapes and the court upheld the tapes were in his possession and weren't subject to review. I'm sure they will try and hammer Trump anyway and create some National Archives Special Agents to bring a case. David

Buckaroo
10-23-22, 08:38
It has been reported on the radio that the courts decided the presidential documents issue in a 2012 case with former President Clinton when he left office and had audio tapes witht classified discussions in his possession. Clinton declassified the tapes and the court upheld the tapes were in his possession and weren't subject to review. I'm sure they will try and hammer Trump anyway and create some National Archives Special Agents to bring a case. David

Then they will need to arm those agents and provide 40m rounds of ammo to help them train and be prepared.

lowprone
10-23-22, 15:10
I prefer to follow George Carlins lead on these matters, I don't believe ANYTHING the government or their propagandists say about anything !

flenna
10-23-22, 18:48
I wonder what is more likely to be hacked by foreign agents? Hard copies of documents in DJT’s secured vault at his residence or HRC’s unsecured server in her bathroom closet?

georgeib
10-23-22, 18:54
I prefer to follow George Carlins lead on these matters, I don't believe ANYTHING the government or their propagandists say about anything !It's not so much about believing or not believing what they SAY, as much as it not believing what they want you to believe. They will use facts, things are objectively true, to lead you in a direction that is anything but. Not that they're afraid to straight up lie either though.

The_War_Wagon
10-24-22, 09:06
Now why does it seem that the only unauthorized disclosures that actually happen, come from the FBI and DoJ? :confused:

Because only they & the Big Guy get kickbacks from the Chinese for doing so.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-24-22, 09:50
It's not so much about believing or not believing what they SAY, as much as it not believing what they want you to believe. They will use facts, things are objectively true, to lead you in a direction that is anything but. Not that they're afraid to straight up lie either though.

THIS. I actually subscribed to The Atlantic to get what the more moderate crazies are thinking. It is a waste of time to read The Nation or The Guardian newspaper. The articles in the Atlantic run from normal journalism to full bat crap crazy. My idea was to do a 'mark-up' of the articles to show where they go sideways. It's an interesting excercise, because they do as you say- use facts but then leave out other ones and definately have a point that they wanted to make before they even started the article. Long way of saying 'bias'. It's good training though- and you really start to realize how little actual 'reporting' is done and how much is 'analysis' or just straight up opinion.

glocktogo
10-24-22, 10:21
THIS. I actually subscribed to The Atlantic to get what the more moderate crazies are thinking. It is a waste of time to read The Nation or The Guardian newspaper. The articles in the Atlantic run from normal journalism to full bat crap crazy. My idea was to do a 'mark-up' of the articles to show where they go sideways. It's an interesting excercise, because they do as you say- use facts but then leave out other ones and definately have a point that they wanted to make before they even started the article. Long way of saying 'bias'. It's good training though- and you really start to realize how little actual 'reporting' is done and how much is 'analysis' or just straight up opinion.

Whenever I read a msm article, I'm always looking for what's been omitted. Sometimes they'll briefly brush on an important fact, if only to spend 80% of the paragraph telling you why it's not important or "false". :rolleyes:

georgeib
10-24-22, 12:09
THIS. I actually subscribed to The Atlantic to get what the more moderate crazies are thinking. It is a waste of time to read The Nation or The Guardian newspaper. The articles in the Atlantic run from normal journalism to full bat crap crazy. My idea was to do a 'mark-up' of the articles to show where they go sideways. It's an interesting exercise, because they do as you say- use facts but then leave out other ones and definitely have a point that they wanted to make before they even started the article. Long way of saying 'bias'. It's good training though- and you really start to realize how little actual 'reporting' is done and how much is 'analysis' or just straight up opinion.

I wonder what percentage of the population we would need to be, of people that think like you, to actually turn this country around... Whatever that percentage is, we are way too far away from it. On both sides of the aisle. Critical thinking is way more rare than diamonds, and I dare say, way more precious.

JimP
10-24-22, 13:24
The DOJ and FBI have been totally corrupted - they are the new Stasi. Eff them. All of them.