PDA

View Full Version : Paypal's new social credit score policy

vicious_cb
10-21-22, 21:48
The tl,dr is Paypal tried to institute a social credit score that would fine users $2,500 for publishing "misinformation" on social media outside the paypal platform. They got caught, tried to roll it back it as an "unintentional" EULA but we all know it was because of the massive backlash and mass closures of accounts including mine. I will never use their commie services again or any associated apps like Venmo.

So what are the alternatives for sending $ for EE sales?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU7V4HgjA4s

titsonritz
10-22-22, 02:29
Good, fcvk them. I'm done with them too, nor will I buy anything from anyone where I have to use them.

And as far as the whole, "Oh were sorry, it was all just a mistake" goes...you're damn right it was.

titsonritz
10-22-22, 02:36
So what are the alternatives for sending $ for EE sales?

I'm hearing Zelle but I haven't looked into it yet.

On the humorous side...

10 Infractions For Which PayPal Will Remove $2,500 From Your Account (https://babylonbee.com/news/10-infractions-for-which-paypal-will-remove-2500-from-your-account)

Budget
10-22-22, 09:22
Zelle is where it's at. FDIC insured due to the nature of bank to bank transfer.

I haven't used PayPal in years due to their stupid policies.

georgeib
10-22-22, 09:26
Zelle is where it's at. FDIC insured due to the nature of bank to bank transfer.

I haven't used PayPal in years due to their stupid policies.

This may be a dumb question, but doesn't the FDIC insurance only cover a depositor against insolvency of the bank? Assuming you're not using Zelle to transfer $250k at a time here.

HKGuns
10-22-22, 10:06
Been meaning delete my paypal account for a while now. This was all I needed to push the topic. Screw the communists.

ETA: Account cancelled yesterday.

MC_Oper8or
10-22-22, 10:55
Just deleted mine. Make sure you manually remove banking info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

titsonritz
10-22-22, 21:45
Just deleted mine. Make sure you manually remove banking info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cancelled my card and ordered a new one.

studenygreg
10-23-22, 00:15
Just canceled mine

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

3 AE
10-23-22, 07:10
I don't have a PayPal account, so I don't have a dog in the fight. If PayPal is such a shitty service to conduct financial transactions, then how about this Forum banning all postings in the EE that request you use PayPal to complete the transaction? Even if it's listed as an option. Let's be pro-active!

HKGuns
10-23-22, 07:17
how about this Forum banning all postings in the EE that request you use PayPal to complete the transaction? Even if it's listed as an option. Let's be pro-active!

Great Idea! We are at war and time to start fighting back.

.45fan
10-23-22, 20:08

I haven't used PayPal in years due to their stupid policies.If I remember correctly there is zero recourse with zelle, where PayPal you have a chance at getting your money back if it isn't a firearm you ate buying.

markm
10-24-22, 09:26
Been meaning delete my paypal account for a while now. This was all I needed to push the topic. Screw the communists.

ETA: Account cancelled yesterday.

How do you cancel? Online?

HKGuns
10-24-22, 11:53
How do you cancel? Online?

Yep do it from a browser Mark. It was FAR easier than I expected. Literally one click.

markm
10-24-22, 11:58
Yep do it from a browser Mark. It was FAR easier than I expected. Literally one click.

Nice. I don't use mine anyway, but hopefully a dogpile of cancellations will still have some impact.

ndmiller
10-24-22, 18:38
I cancelled online, but remember to remove backup cards and bank accounts and delete your data as well....A few different steps.

markm
10-24-22, 21:14
Account closed. I hope they feel the heat on a grand scale, but most imbeciles are asleep at the wheel.

trauma
10-30-22, 16:24
I cancelled mine, Paypal is too risky and too commie for me.

I've been using Zelle but you can bet they will somehow try to screw gun owners down the line.