PDA

View Full Version : !!! NEWBIE HERE !!!!

vicvaz
12-24-08, 11:52
Hi everyone im new here , I'm getting ready to buy an M4 carbine so i fig. this would be the best site for advice!!!! I have never shot one or even delt with them I mostly shoot handguns and riffles. Well if anyone has any good advice I'm all ears. BTW are silencers/supresors are legal to put on the M4?...vic

JBnTX
12-24-08, 11:58
The legality of suppressors depends on your state of residence and your criminal
record? Some states allow them and some don't.

Welcome to the best AR-15 type rifle website.

On your new M-4, stay with the major manufacturers and you won't go wrong.
Many consider the Colt model 6920 to be the gold standard of M-4 carbines.
I have 2 and they are perfect.

decodeddiesel
12-24-08, 11:59
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/decodeddiesel/normal_search-button-for-dummies.jpg

C4IGrant
12-24-08, 12:00
Hi everyone im new here , I'm getting ready to buy an M4 carbine so i fig. this would be the best site for advice!!!! I have never shot one or even delt with them I mostly shoot handguns and riffles. Well if anyone has any good advice I'm all ears. BTW are silencers/supresors are legal to put on the M4?...vic

Welcome! So you are looking for an M4? I think that we can help with that.

Couple questions for you, what do you plan on doing with the M4? What is your budget?

Cans are legal to put on an M4, but the question is, does your state allow them.

C4

mark5pt56
12-24-08, 12:04
I would do alot of reading and sit down and think of what you want.

Think of what you intend to do with it, think hard, especially if it will be your only one.

For instance if you will only have one and like to shoot magnified optics with an option of a red dot, look hard at a model with a float tube and flip sights.

You can always use the Troy set or if you want fixed, use an LMT fixed rail mount front and either the LMT fixed rear or the Larue.

Look at the magnified optic like the NF 1-4 or the S&B short dot, that may alleviate the want/need for an Aimpoint.

An option if you don't want the float tube is use the PRI or Vltor front gas block/front flip sight and a flip rear.

Hopefully that helps and welcome!

Mark

vicvaz
12-24-08, 12:16
cool ty for all the info. im still new at this m4 deal so alot of the things you guys have said are new to me! but i know i can read up on them! now one of you said the brand colt?! well my budget is about 1300.00 hopefully that is with a nice scope and yes something with a red dot and all the high end things on it. i live in florida so i dont know what the deal is with the silencers but i can find out. also im just going to be uing this on a 30 acre lot that a friend of mine owns plus i'm in the process of getting in to the sherrifs dept. here in my town so one of the units i want to get into is the special ops. and i know they carry these when they are called out!

vicvaz
12-24-08, 12:22
[QUOTE=C4IGrant;277279]Welcome! So you are looking for an M4? I think that we can help with that.

Couple questions for you, what do you plan on doing with the M4? What is your budget?

Cans are legal to put on an M4, but the question is, does your state allow them.

C4[/QUOTE

so do you own GRTactical.com? i so cool , i just looked on you site and saw that colt for 1550.00 , very nice i will def. contact you on the day im ready to buy one!but im going to do alot of reading on them just to make sure that is what i want!! ty again..vic

C4IGrant
12-24-08, 12:23
cool ty for all the info. im still new at this m4 deal so alot of the things you guys have said are new to me! but i know i can read up on them! now one of you said the brand colt?! well my budget is about 1300.00 hopefully that is with a nice scope and yes something with a red dot and all the high end things on it. i live in florida so i dont know what the deal is with the silencers but i can find out. also im just going to be uing this on a 30 acre lot that a friend of mine owns plus i'm in the process of getting in to the sherrifs dept. here in my town so one of the units i want to get into is the special ops. and i know they carry these when they are called out!

Colt is a fantastic brand, but you are generally going to pay close to $1,600 for one (with no rail, optic, or light).

With a budgest of $1,300, I would look at an LMT or a Charles Daly LE M4.

Suppressor's are legal in FL by the way.

C4

C4IGrant
12-24-08, 12:24
[QUOTE=C4IGrant;277279]Welcome! So you are looking for an M4? I think that we can help with that.

C4[/QUOTE

so do you own GRTactical.com? i so cool , i just looked on you site and saw that colt for 1550.00 , very nice i will def. contact you on the day im ready to buy one!but im going to do alot of reading on them just to make sure that is what i want!! ty again..vic

Yes, we are the owner of G&R Tac. Colts are nearly impossible to find ever since Obama got elected. Good luck trying to find one.

C4

vicvaz
12-24-08, 12:27
[QUOTE=vicvaz;277304]

Yes, we are the owner of G&R Tac. Colts are nearly impossible to find ever since Obama got elected. Good luck trying to find one.

C4

yeah that is what one of my friends that has an AR told me! hopefully they wont band them when im ready to get one!! but yes very cool ill give you and call when im ready! who do i ask for?

vicvaz
12-24-08, 12:37
[QUOTE=vicvaz;277304]

C4

HEY C4IGRANT !!WHAT WOULD SOMETHING LIKE THIS RUN ME IN PRICE?

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/vhboost/BLMT1.jpg

C4IGrant
12-24-08, 12:41
[QUOTE=C4IGrant;277307]

HEY C4IGRANT !!WHAT WOULD SOMETHING LIKE THIS RUN ME IN PRICE?

Over your budget of $1300.

C4

vicvaz
12-24-08, 12:46
[QUOTE=vicvaz;277320]

Over your budget of $1300.

C4

how much? i can extend my budget!!!!! money is not a problem , but i do try to budget myself sometimes..lol... or not!!!

C4IGrant
12-24-08, 12:58
[QUOTE=C4IGrant;277323]

how much? i can extend my budget!!!!! money is not a problem , but i do try to budget myself sometimes..lol... or not!!!

Looking at a baseline LMT M4, MI FF rail, SF LED G2, SF M79 mount for it, EOTech 512, and a TD VG. Price is around $1947.

C4

vicvaz
12-24-08, 13:05
[QUOTE=vicvaz;277326]

Looking at a baseline LMT M4, MI FF rail, SF LED G2, SF M79 mount for it, EOTech 512, and a TD VG. Price is around $1947.

C4

wow! $1950. i can do that!! sounds good to me!! i think i know what i want now!! well C4IGRANT thanks for taking the time to get this info. for me and ill be calling you when im ready to buy this $1950.00 set up!!! ty...vic

Rider79
12-24-08, 14:51
Wow. That's all I can say.

CMFG
12-24-08, 15:25

+1...

Veracity
12-24-08, 16:25
Sorry for the double

Veracity
12-24-08, 16:26
I'm only a few notches above you on the Noob scale....so I understand.

You're in the right place. You're learning from the most knowledgeable people out there...Grant being among them.

Read more stuff here.

Buy when you're ready.

The stuff I've learned here led me to buy three Colts and an LMT. All amazing.

Learn from this site!!!

Irish10
12-24-08, 16:35
I have two S&W's, the A model and the T model. Both have been absolutely flawless for me since day one and they Pmags even fit! I consider myself more of a recreational shooter now (retired LEO) but average 200-300 rounds weekly depending on weather. The new Charles Daly models seem pretty nice, I looked for one when bought my T but could not find one in stock anywhere. Overall, I;d give S&W a 9 out of 10 for a rec shooter and their Customer Service should you ever need it is top notch!

N4LtRecce
12-24-08, 17:22

:(

:p

Rider79
12-24-08, 18:13
Sorry. I was being rude.

!!!!!!!

Sorry.

Hyprlite2007
12-25-08, 11:59
Suppressor's are legal in FL by the way.

Good luck getting it signed off when you try, I know in Orange County our Sheriff wont sign off on them anymore unless your special.

decodeddiesel
12-25-08, 13:19
Good luck getting it signed off when you try, I know in Orange County our Sheriff wont sign off on them anymore unless your special.

This is why you do a Revocable Living Trust and bypass the begging.

vicvaz
12-25-08, 16:11
I'm only a few notches above you on the Noob scale....so I understand.

You're in the right place. You're learning from the most knowledgeable people out there...Grant being among them.

Read more stuff here.

Buy when you're ready.

The stuff I've learned here led me to buy three Colts and an LMT. All amazing.

Learn from this site!!!

yeah im def. going to take everyones advice on here!!! yes grant knows his stuff from what i can see. i have been looking around on the computer today. but im def. going to go with the picture set up that i posted for grant to look at or i might just get crazy and do the same set up but with a colt m4!!!!! like i always say you get what you pay for!!! thanks again everyone everyone on here seems really cool!!!

vicvaz
12-25-08, 16:14

oh im not worried about the sherrifs dept. here in my town. my uncle was a LT. for the dept. and ill hopefully be working there as a civilian and then off to the police academy!!! so i think that won't be a problem. but thanks for looking out!!

Rider79
12-25-08, 16:18
Gotta love it when people get jobs in LE because of who they know, not what they know.

vicvaz
12-25-08, 16:22
Gotta love it when people get jobs in LE because of who they know, not what they know.

oh trust me , my uncle had nothing to do with it! he just found out yestrday at christmas eve dinner when my girlfriend said something about it. the hell, i have been waiting for 5 months alllready!!!! im still waiting for the background check and then the drug test!! but here is west palm it dosent matter who you know human resources dosent care you will wait the long process to be in LE.

Rider79
12-25-08, 16:26
Well good luck with that.

!!!!!!

Sorry.

vicvaz
12-25-08, 16:37
Well good luck with that.

!!!!!!

Sorry.

thanks bro!!! yeah i hope i get in ive been waiting for a while to get in!!