PDA

View Full Version : You know You're a Fudd When....

WillBrink
10-28-22, 12:22
Fill in the blank. One thing I have learned all these years is Fudd's don't know they are Fudd's, and when pointed out, either can't see it or will not admit it. I also find they come in a surprising array of backgrounds, not just the classic Fudd. I'm always surprised how many ex and current mil are Fudd's for example. I often go back and forth as to who is actually worse for 2A Rights, the Fudd or the anti gunner?

What are the hallmarks of the Fudd as you see them? Ever have any Fudd actually "get" it and change their views? If so, what tact did you take that actually got through to them?

Slater
10-28-22, 12:48
Heck, going by the thread title, I thought it was because I own a Remington 783 :D

WillBrink
10-28-22, 13:09
Heck, going by the thread title, I thought it was because I own a Remington 783 :D

Would only apply if you did a Brandon and claimed that's all anyone needs for self defense and no needs high capacity clips to hunt deer.

Hank6046
10-28-22, 13:13
You know your a FUDD when you actually believe the AR15 is a weapon of war, and should only be used on the battlefield

WillBrink
10-28-22, 13:24
You know your a FUDD when you actually believe the AR15 is a weapon of war, and should only be used on the battlefield

Always amazed and saddened by how many in the mil feel exactly that way. Karen in burbs of NYC I can understand, but from our own mil? Ugh.

titsonritz
10-28-22, 13:49
You know You're a Fudd When...

...you have ever blathered, "I support the 2nd amendment, but..."

...shot your rifle once a year during hunting season.

...hold a Glock <insert modern pistol> like it is incky while having the rear sight pushed all the way to one side "cuz in shots low and left"

Disciple
10-28-22, 13:58
You think "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" does not apply to open carry.

ap1220
10-28-22, 14:03
If you don't think your hunting, or competition rifles and shotguns will be banned after they ban semiautos.

henri
10-28-22, 14:06
Always amazed and saddened by how many in the mil feel exactly that way. Karen in burbs of NYC I can understand, but from our own mil? Ugh.
The .mil guys who are cooks, admin, supply, logistics, even infantry aren't all "gun guys". Many enlist for the security of 3 meals /day, education &/or training, college reimbursement, unspecified benefits such as health insurance, 20 yr pension, no where else to go/do, whatever, a myriad of reasons. Same with LE.....weapons training to many is just a by product.

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-28-22, 14:06
I really don't like the whole Fudd thing. It sort of divides up the gun community. Most of them just need a friendly nudge. My neighbors were clearly horrified when I moved in because I shoot guns on my property on the weekend (everyone around me has very large 30+ acre lots). They are northerners and military vets---so of course they "knew about guns" because of some shooting they did in the late 80s and they owned the proverbial .270 hunting rifle. lol. Anyway, fast forward 3 months I had them shooting my machine-gun, Ars, Glocks, etc. After a while they went on a crazy buying spree of XDs (ok, you can't win them all) and Ars. There is a gun fanatic under almost anyone if you do the work!

I also don't like the weird purity tests than the gun community goes through. At some point, the 1911 became a "Fudd" gun. That's insane.

WillBrink
10-28-22, 14:11
You think "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" does not apply to open carry.

Per the other thread... More Fudds on this forum than we appreciate.

kirkland
10-28-22, 14:12
"I own guns but nobody needs high capacity mags. You'll never need more than 10 rounds"

"I own pump action shotguns that can only hold 3 rounds and manual repeater rifles, but I don't own any semiautomatics and I don't understand why anyone would need an AR-15 and I don't like pistols either, they're dangerous."

"I'm a gun owner, I own hunting rifles and shotguns, you tactical wannabe AR-15 owners need to calm down, the government is not trying to take your guns."

SteyrAUG
10-28-22, 14:13
You know You're a Fudd When...

...you have ever blathered, "I support the 2nd amendment, but..."

...shot your rifle once a year during hunting season.

...hold a Glock <insert modern pistol> like it is incky while having the rear sight pushed all the way to one side "cuz in shots low and left"

It appears somebody already posted my answers.

WillBrink
10-28-22, 14:14
I really don't like the whole Fudd thing. It sort of divides up the gun community. Most of them just need a friendly nudge. My neighbors were clearly horrified when I moved in because I shoot guns on my property on the weekend (everyone around me has very large 30+ acre lots). They are northerners and military vets---so of course they "knew about guns" because of some shooting they did in the late 80s and they owned the proverbial .270 hunting rifle. lol. Anyway, fast forward 3 months I had them shooting my machine-gun, Ars, Glocks, etc. After a while they went on a crazy buying spree of XDs (ok, you can't win them all) and Ars. There is a gun fanatic under almost anyone if you do the work!

I also don't like the weird purity tests than the gun community goes through. At some point, the 1911 became a "Fudd" gun. That's insane.

Gun owners can be their own worst enemy at times. There's no such thing as a Fudd gun. Fudd is an attitude not a gun.

T2C
10-28-22, 15:15
You know you are Fudd when you muzzle sweep someone, they call you on it, then you label the person who does not want to get shot as anti-2nd Amendment.

titsonritz
10-28-22, 16:02
You know you are Fudd when you muzzle sweep someone, they call you on it, then you label the person who does not want to get shot as anti-2nd Amendment.

While stating, "It's not loaded, man."

jsbhike
10-28-22, 16:23

I didn't get in to it with them, but saw one dude in cowboy action(pretty sure this wouldn't fly at cowboy shoots) dress using some sort of single action revolver to direct his buddies to certain booths at a gun show.

At another show, I turned around to see a dude with a tweed jacket and felt hat with feather checking out a double barrel shotgun close enough to me I could have probably checked the chambers with a flashlight.

While not a mecca of perfection, I never saw crap like that at Knob Creek shows.

THCDDM4
10-28-22, 17:21
You know you’re a fudd when…

You tell people you bought a Taurus Judge so you could load a 410 bird shot to pepper em and scare em off with and then in the next chamber load a .45 LC to vanquish their souls should they keep coming…

Tell your friend to just buy a pump shotty and there’s no need to even load it, just rack it and everyone runs from that sound…

You’ve found yourself a reluctant firearm owner who only purchases rubber LTL rounds so you don’t kill anyone…

You’ve found yourself on a gun forum telling people that CCW permits aren’t an infringement of the 2A, open carry is always stupid, just let them take bump sticks- I don’t own one and don’t care or pistol AR’s are useless and it just poked the ATF and made them come after other things…

SteyrAUG
10-28-22, 18:05
I didn't get in to it with them, but saw one dude in cowboy action(pretty sure this wouldn't fly at cowboy shoots) dress using some sort of single action revolver to direct his buddies to certain booths at a gun show.

At another show, I turned around to see a dude with a tweed jacket and felt hat with feather checking out a double barrel shotgun close enough to me I could have probably checked the chambers with a flashlight.

While not a mecca of perfection, I never saw crap like that at Knob Creek shows.

Anything where firearms it tied to entertainment always invites these kinds of problems, it takes real diligence to maintain a common standard of safety with all firearms in all settings. CAS can be done completely safe IF people wanted to, but it seems if you tell people you aren't allowed to spin your handguns as you reholster then it just kills the fun factor completely.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-28-22, 19:43
You aren't sure if you'd trust your life to one of the new fangled 'automatic' pistols, like the 1911.

You know all the different old versions of REm 870 Express shotguns.

The_War_Wagon
10-28-22, 20:08
When you're considered a SME on TOS!

Ron3
10-28-22, 20:33
Open carry? That's small potatoes. Don't forget heavy machine guns and explosives. I heard this recently.

If you don't support everyone, friend or foe, being able to legally and easily buy them if they have the money, you're a Fudd. And there is no reason for TSA, because guns should be welcome on passenger aircraft. Dumbass Fudds...

Some of them probably think explosives should have a limit, too. Hand grenades? Why can't I have a 20k lb Anfo bomb if I want to? And a truck to drive it wherever I want with no tag or DL, btw.

jsbhike
10-28-22, 21:41
Open carry? That's small potatoes. Don't forget heavy machine guns and explosives. I heard this recently.

If you don't support everyone, friend or foe, being able to legally and easily buy them if they have the money, you're a Fudd. And there is no reason for TSA, because guns should be welcome on passenger aircraft. Dumbass Fudds...

Some of them probably think explosives should have a limit, too. Hand grenades? Why can't I have a 20k lb Anfo bomb if I want to? And a truck to drive it wherever I want with no tag or DL, btw.

Can you point us to founding documents about how citizens should be limited in what arms they could possess and how .gov shouldn't have any such limits?

SteyrAUG
10-28-22, 22:31

When I had a DD license attached to my FFL / SOT I was buying 40mm HE rounds for my M203, how is that different from me owning frag grenades?

Also pretty sure anyone else can do the same all the way up to mortars and artillery pieces.

Ron3
10-29-22, 05:13
Can you point us to founding documents about how citizens should be limited in what arms they could possess and how .gov shouldn't have any such limits?

The founding documents don't provide those details.

Nor do they for the others, such as what exactly is cruel punishment? How fast is a "speedy" trial? Exactly what rights do states have?

Those are details they left to be worked out. It is a "framework" just as they described it.

Ron3
10-29-22, 05:14
When I had a DD license attached to my FFL / SOT I was buying 40mm HE rounds for my M203, how is that different from me owning frag grenades?

Also pretty sure anyone else can do the same all the way up to mortars and artillery pieces.

You had to go through more effort than an NCIC.

mark5pt56
10-29-22, 05:27
I've had to explain a few times to some older guys why someone is shooting their AR at close distance. Two are bullseye shooters, their reference is High Power, another is an old hunter. .22 shooters hate the guys with AR's at 25/50 but won't say a thing to someone with an "06" getting the gun on paper before going to 100.

SteyrAUG
10-29-22, 05:36
You had to go through more effort than an NCIC.

Sure but so do people who own SBRs and suppressors. My only point is unless someone is a prohibited person, they should be able to own all kinds of things, even the things you listed.

You worry about a Ammonium Nitrate / Diesel truck bomb, but I could probably get a more complete body count on an office building for a lot less money with simple planning and strategy and maybe 20 gallons of gasoline. Obviously knowing how to rack up huge body counts AND having the means doesn't translate into killing anyone or I'd have an impressive body count behind me.

But when somebody displays a tendency and willingness to engage in regular acts of violence for no reason, I think we've all learned that it's impossible to disarm them.

You could have given my father an actual ICBM completely under his control and it probably would have been safer than some in government hands over the years.

One of the biggest problems we have with armed citizens today is they are so used to being disarmed they cannot comprehend the level of responsibility to own something like a flame thrower, a field cannon or a mortar. I was probably one of the last generations who knew somebody who owned a Solothurn and let me shoot it, so to me a regular guy who owned a 20mm anti tank rifle was my normal.

jsbhike
10-29-22, 05:44

Nor do they for the others, such as what exactly is cruel punishment? How fast is a "speedy" trial? Exactly what rights do states have?

Those are details they left to be worked out. It is a "framework" just as they described it.

The founders writings state what they were talking about.

Enjoy your living constitution where rights are nothing more than privileges.

Ron3
10-29-22, 06:18
The founders writings state what they were talking about.

Enjoy your living constitution where rights are nothing more than privileges.

You really want gangsters, communists, anarchists, BLM, and school shooters to be able to buy GPMG's, RPG's, and mines at a store?

AndyLate
10-29-22, 07:11
You really want gangsters, communists, anarchists, BLM, and school shooters to be able to buy GPMG's, RPG's, and mines at a store?

I want us all to be able to buy them in a store and online, although RPGs and mines are not firearms so I honestly don't care about them.

No matter what guns someone owns or how often they shoot, a Fudd is someone who believes any firearms should be illegal to own.

Andy

jsbhike
10-29-22, 07:31

The entities responsible for making incidents like this one possible have demonstrated they are incapable of determining who should or should not be armed.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/records/6376-amber-guyger

She had a fair number of supporters saying it was a good shoot which involve several more rights that they don't acknowledge.

Pacific5th
10-29-22, 07:39
The .mil guys who are cooks, admin, supply, logistics, even infantry aren't all "gun guys". Many enlist for the security of 3 meals /day, education &/or training, college reimbursement, unspecified benefits such as health insurance, 20 yr pension, no where else to go/do, whatever, a myriad of reasons. Same with LE.....weapons training to many is just a by product.

I know several former 03’s that are Fudd’s. It’s everywhere man. Just like when people say the military would never back up the government and go after citizens…. Maybe not all but many would.

Ron3
10-29-22, 08:13
The entities responsible for making incidents like this one possible have demonstrated they are incapable of determining who should or should not be armed.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/records/6376-amber-guyger

She had a fair number of supporters saying it was a good shoot which involve several more rights that they don't acknowledge.

You focus on the mistakes / bad actions of people who chose to be cops. Okay. So those cops should be dealt with when they mess up / break the law or you should be allowed to break the same laws? Some cops are pieces of crap so your solution is anarchy?

If you're an anarchist, ok, just say so.

jsbhike
10-29-22, 08:18
You focus on the mistakes / bad actions of people who chose to be cops. Okay. So those cops should be dealt with when they mess up / break the law or you should be allowed to break the same laws? Some cops are pieces of crap so your solution is anarchy?

If you're an anarchist, ok, just say so.

That's more than a mistake for numerous others to support her actions.

You want people who haven't done anything wrong to be controlled as if they have.

Ron3
10-29-22, 08:29
I want us all to be able to buy them in a store and online, although RPGs and mines are not firearms so I honestly don't care about them.

No matter what guns someone owns or how often they shoot, a Fudd is someone who believes any firearms should be illegal to own.

Andy

Do you realize what it would be like if every bad actor could easily buy whatever gun the wanted?

There would be roving bands of gangs and warlords in "technicals" like Mad Max and Blood Diamond.

Think about the collateral damage caused when gangsters are shooting eachother up on public streets with Dushka's.

You wouldn't be able to relax at home admiring your Beretta model 12, you'd be trying to get a group together to get revenge on the gang that raided your kids school, killed 4 and took 24 girls, including your daughter.

Atlanta would be like Sarajevo 1992.

AndyLate
10-29-22, 08:43
Do you realize what it would be like if every bad actor could easily buy whatever gun the wanted?

There would be roving bands of gangs and warlords in "technicals" like Mad Max and Blood Diamond.

Think about the collateral damage caused when gangsters are shooting eachother up on public streets with Dushka's.

You wouldn't be able to relax at home admiring your Beretta model 12, you'd be trying to get a group together to get revenge on the gang that raided your kids school, killed 4 and took 24 girls, including your daughter.

Atlanta would be like Sarajevo 1992.

Yeah, just like the US before 1934, utter chaos.

Andy

Ron3
10-29-22, 09:15
Yeah, just like the US before 1934, utter chaos.

Andy

Yup, the "roaring 20's". It's when cops starting using machine guns to keep up with the crooks.

At least back then the a criminal needed the money to buy such a thing and there were fewer choices. Now an 18 yr could just put a PKM on a credit card to kill his rivals in the land you propose.

Some of ya'll are debating with more emotion than thought.

But its moot. Suppressors and Short barreled items should not be NFA items. Machine guns I'm undecided. Heavy machine guns like those I've mentioned, yes, it should take more than a simple NCIC to aquire. We should be able to make new ones for transfer, too.

P2Vaircrewman
10-29-22, 09:19
Sure but so do people who own SBRs and suppressors. My only point is unless someone is a prohibited person, they should be able to own all kinds of things, even the things you listed.

You worry about a Ammonium Nitrate / Diesel truck bomb, but I could probably get a more complete body count on an office building for a lot less money with simple planning and strategy and maybe 20 gallons of gasoline. Obviously knowing how to rack up huge body counts AND having the means doesn't translate into killing anyone or I'd have an impressive body count behind me.

But when somebody displays a tendency and willingness to engage in regular acts of violence for no reason, I think we've all learned that it's impossible to disarm them.

You could have given my father an actual ICBM completely under his control and it probably would have been safer than some in government hands over the years.

One of the biggest problems we have with armed citizens today is they are so used to being disarmed they cannot comprehend the level of responsibility to own something like a flame thrower, a field cannon or a mortar. I was probably one of the last generations who knew somebody who owned a Solothurn and let me shoot it, so to me a regular guy who owned a 20mm anti tank rifle was my normal.

In the 60's in high school there was a house that had a 75mm M116 pack howitzer in the front yard.

jsbhike
10-29-22, 09:44
Yup, the "roaring 20's". It's when cops starting using machine guns to keep up with the crooks.

At least back then the a criminal needed the money to buy such a thing and there were fewer choices. Now an 18 yr could just put a PKM on a credit card to kill his rivals in the land you propose.

Some of ya'll are debating with more emotion than thought.

But its moot. Suppressors and Short barreled items should not be NFA items. Machine guns I'm undecided. Heavy machine guns like those I've mentioned, yes, it should take more than a simple NCIC to aquire. We should be able to make new ones for transfer, too.

Heavy machine guns weren't being used in roaring twenties crimes despite being a common bring back.

NFA 34 wasn't about reining in criminals.

Ron3
10-29-22, 09:51
Heavy machine guns weren't being used in roaring twenties crimes despite being a common bring back.

NFA 34 wasn't about reining in criminals.

Okay.

Its garanteed they'd get used if they were as easy to make & sell as semi-auto rifles today. That was a different country back then.

jsbhike
10-29-22, 10:01
Okay.

Its garanteed they'd get used if they were as easy to make & sell as semi-auto rifles today. That was a different country back then.

Yeah I recall your frequent claims firearms from those not committing crimes prevent crimes.

AndyLate
10-29-22, 10:06
Okay.

How many Barretts are used in inner city gunfights? About as many heavy machine guns would be used if there were not NFA restrictions.

Andy

Ron3
10-29-22, 10:16
Yeah I recall your frequent claims firearms from those not committing crimes prevent crimes.

What's that?

Ron3
10-29-22, 10:18
How many Barretts are used in inner city gunfights? About as many heavy machine guns would be used if there were not NFA restrictions.

Andy

Finally a good retort. Maybe.

But criminals do have a certain affinity for full-auto.

AndyLate
10-29-22, 10:20
Finally a good retort. Maybe.

But criminals do have a certain affinity for full-auto.

Apparently someone snuck in a container of Glock switches from China, but society has survived.

Andy

jsbhike
10-29-22, 10:21
Typing error.

"Yeah, I recall your frequent claims firearms bans against those not committing crimes prevent crimes."

Guess I should add I'm the theoretical doom example you include with that.

And of course your not wanting limitations on .gov agents despite being shown examples of agents committing crimes using firearms.

Ned Christiansen
10-29-22, 10:23
I'm not in favor of coming up with names for each other to widen and better define the lines that divide us, but.... a single syllable term, I will admit, is.... efficient.

BE ADVISED: I heard on the radio the other day that they apparently are bringing our beloved Elmer back in a new series of cartoons and..... there will be no gun! They didn't say but I'll betcha anything he'll talk differently too. Not saying that's wrong but waiting anxiously to see if they will dare to do one without the other ;)

ryr8828
10-29-22, 10:24
I know what a Fudd is, know one when I talk to one. I was one in the 80's when I was in my 20's and early 30's just trying to keep things going by not having 2 jobs all the time and being able to pay my child support.
Had a 20 gauge and a chiefs special, then got a 12 gauge, 4 inch barrel .357 SW and a .22 rifle. FOPA 86 wasn't a big concern for me. Bush 1 and his import ban didn't seem right but I didn't have time to worry about it.
Wasn't any internet, I'd never seen an ar pattern rifle or an ak in person and didn't know anyone who had one. I missed the draft by one year, the people older than me I knew who had to go to Vietnam didn't want to talk about it or the weapons used. The people who did want to talk about it, it turned out they weren't even there and were frauds.

I wasn't going around saying "No one needs " these fancy weapons like ar's and plastic semi pistols, I just didn't have time to care and didn't figure it really affected me. I could defend my family at home with my shotgun and with a revolver when out and about (even though I was illegal in having it with me then since I've always lived in IL).

Early in the 90's I got involved in local GOP politics and learned it wasn't only the evil democrats who were trampling on my rights, then came a computer and the internet where I could actually research what was going on without relying on the biased media.

StainlessSteelRat
10-29-22, 10:27
The issue of who should be allowed to own what type of weapons is the same as censorship. Who would you trust to decide what you can see, hear, read or think? I will decide that, thanks very much. By the same token, I would prefer to decide what type of armament I have on hand, to defend my freedom from whomever might usurp it. Obviously the founders felt the same, having been British Colonial subjects who owned the military weapons of the day, including artillery and explosives. They didn't give a single shit whether King George considered that 'legal' or not, to them it was a right inherent to free men. When ordered to surrender their weapons they started the fracas that secured our freedom. It's ironic so many fail to grasp what that freedom means.
The problem of having so many violent shitstains running around loose is a societal failure, completely separate issue to the RKBA.

Ron3
10-29-22, 10:38
Typing error.

"Yeah, I recall your frequent claims firearms bans against those not committing crimes prevent crimes."

And of course your not wanting limitations on .gov agents despite being shown examples of agents committing crimes using firearms.

They should have limits appropriate to their responsibilities.

Ron3
10-29-22, 10:43
The issue of who should be allowed to own what type of weapons is the same as censorship. Who would you trust to decide what you can see, hear, read or think? I will decide that, thanks very much. By the same token, I would prefer to decide what type of armament I have on hand, to defend my freedom from whomever might usurp it. Obviously the founders felt the same, having been British Colonial subjects who owned the military weapons of the day, including artillery and explosives. They didn't give a single shit whether King George considered that 'legal' or not, to them it was a right inherent to free men. When ordered to surrender their weapons they started the fracas that secured our freedom. It's ironic so many fail to grasp what that freedom means.
The problem of having so many violent shitstains running around loose is a societal failure, completely separate issue to the RKBA.

"It is what it is", now. But good point.

WillBrink
10-29-22, 10:47
Typing error.

Hallmark of the Fudd is they will literally use verbatim word for word sentences and terms anti gunners use, and don't either realize it or care.

Two, like anti gunners, they think they know where the magic line as to who can have what, where, and when "cuz anarchy" and similar gibberish.

That's why per the OP, I'm conflicted at times as which of them is actually worse for 2A Rights.

THCDDM4
10-29-22, 11:23
A fudd is someone who…

Believes individuals can’t be trusted with the same rights and access to tools as centralized governments.

It’s like they believe in magic. You can’t trust people with certain things but you can trust people who are part of a governmental centralized body or the State with them?

It’s like magically bad things won’t happen if a government is involved- ha!!!!!

It’s hilarious, because when one actually steps back they can see that people carrying out the edict of the state and acting on behalf of the orders of there governments are responsible for exponentially more death and chaos than any individual person ever has.

Some people are so indoctrinated they literally have it backwards and believe the BS they spout despite lesson after lesson shown to us throughout history…sad.

jsbhike
10-29-22, 12:07
They should have limits appropriate to their responsibilities.

What responsibility and to who?

And why do you not want LE privileges curtailed n masse because some break laws like you want rights of the peaceable violated based on the actions of those who commit crimes?

10-29-22, 12:19
I think you got a clear cut answer in Ron3….pro-gun and pro-2A are not the same thing

“Pro gun” people do more to hurt the 2A than the antis ever could

Ron3
10-29-22, 12:29
What responsibility and to who?

And why do you not want LE privileges curtailed n masse because some break laws like you want rights of the peaceable violated based on the actions of those who commit crimes?

Good questions.

1st question - Responsibility entrusted to them by the tribe / society to pursue criminals and apprehend them for trial or return them to prison.

2nd question - A substantial number (not all, and sometimes not soon enough, and few at the Fed level) of bad acting cops get punished/removed and restitution (law suits, etc) paid out to victims eventually.

In 2020 it appeared to me a large number of dirtbags and commies were outside with long guns and nothing was done because it was legal. Then they blocked roads and brandished firearms (and fired) at the law-abiding and the vast majority were NOT "brought to justice" for doing so.

I didn't see that in Florida and I think its because being in public like that obviously armed means you're getting arrested, right now.

Could they have decided "in for a penny in for a pound" and carried guns anyway because they were already rioting and / blocking road? Of course. But they didn't.

I think if OC is legalized we'll see the same commies out again next time, only then they'll have legal, armed overwatch while they harass, riot, set up checkpoints, etc.

Ron3
10-29-22, 12:38
I think you got a clear cut answer in Ron3….pro-gun and pro-2A are not the same thing

“Pro gun” people do more to hurt the 2A than the antis ever could

The subject, like many, is complicated.

If "total" freedom is what you seek the US isn't for you.

10-29-22, 13:09
The subject, like many, is complicated.

If "total" freedom is what you seek the US isn't for you.

Wow
Like I said “pro gun” people like you do more harm than the antis could ever….thanks

Ron3
10-29-22, 13:37
Wow
Like I said “pro gun” people like you do more harm than the antis could ever….thanks

Suppressors and Short weapons should not be NFA.
Concealed carry should not require permits
There should be no magazine limitations

But because I think it should require more background check / paperwork to buy a machine gun I "do more harm then the anti-gun crowd."

No, it's people like you pushing every ally away who doesn't think 100% like you.

Gun Owners of America and Florida Carry both push for OC. I don't like it but I support most of their efforts overall therefore i pay dues and encourage others to join.

10-29-22, 13:58
Suppressors and Short weapons should not be NFA.
Concealed carry should not require permits
There should be no magazine limitations

But because I think it should require more background check / paperwork to buy a machine gun I "do more harm then the anti-gun crowd."

Absolutely correct

No, it's people like you pushing every ally away who doesn't think 100% like you.

You’re not an ally, I’m pro 2A you’re pro-gun….whole different set of beliefs
Gun Owners of America and Florida Carry both push for OC. I don't like it but I support most of their efforts overall therefore i pay dues and encourage others to join.

You should join florida concealed carry if you’re not already a member you’ll fit right in

Ron3
10-29-22, 14:17
You should join florida concealed carry if you’re not already a member you’ll fit right in

https://youtu.be/HaOwG9PN3qw?t=89

titsonritz
10-29-22, 14:17
"It is what it is", now. But good point.

That belong here...
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?238099-Annoying-words-or-phrases/page13

10-29-22, 14:30
https://youtu.be/HaOwG9PN3qw?t=89

It’s easier to just say what you mean vs trying to be cute with videos or memes

Ron3
10-29-22, 15:17
It’s easier to just say what you mean vs trying to be cute with videos or memes

I had already said it.

- Arguing with eachother about it is stupid and counter productive.

Ron3
10-29-22, 15:18
That belong here...
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?238099-Annoying-words-or-phrases/page13

Go ahead and add, "Fair enough.", too.

SteyrAUG
10-29-22, 15:23

Ya know, I grew up in South Florida during the early 80s. The various factions of the cocaine wars didn't seem to have any difficulty getting hands on unregistered M10s / Uzis, car bombs, bombs to blow up buildings, bombs to blow up houses, etc.

WillBrink
10-29-22, 16:08
Ya know, I grew up in South Florida during the early 80s. The various factions of the cocaine wars didn't seem to have any difficulty getting hands on unregistered M10s / Uzis, car bombs, bombs to blow up buildings, bombs to blow up houses, etc.

Ignoring the reality people who don't care about laws will always get what the need to harm people is another hallmark of Fudds and gun grabbers.

jsbhike
10-29-22, 16:56
Good questions.

1st question - Responsibility entrusted to them by the tribe / society to pursue criminals and apprehend them for trial or return them to prison.

2nd question - A substantial number (not all, and sometimes not soon enough, and few at the Fed level) of bad acting cops get punished/removed and restitution (law suits, etc) paid out to victims eventually.

In 2020 it appeared to me a large number of dirtbags and commies were outside with long guns and nothing was done because it was legal. Then they blocked roads and brandished firearms (and fired) at the law-abiding and the vast majority were NOT "brought to justice" for doing so.

I didn't see that in Florida and I think its because being in public like that obviously armed means you're getting arrested, right now.

Could they have decided "in for a penny in for a pound" and carried guns anyway because they were already rioting and / blocking road? Of course. But they didn't.

I think if OC is legalized we'll see the same commies out again next time, only then they'll have legal, armed overwatch while they harass, riot, set up checkpoints, etc.

No duty to protect knocks a hole in that argument.

The powers that be weren't going after people committing obvious crimes so they don't need victimless crimes in their bag of tricks.

Ron3
10-29-22, 20:22

Hm.

True.

SteyrAUG
10-29-22, 21:34
Hm.

True.

Also I remember very well when the Ft. Lauderdale Armory was ripped off around the same time. Lots of heavy weapons including grenades and mortars when out the door when the wrong people were guarding it. Lots of it got sold to the wrong crowd / bad people. Also most "bad actors" these days tend to prefer a Glock 19, they really aren't looking for a Uzi or an AK. They want something they can easily get, easily get rid of and easily replace.

So when you talk of gang bangers, school shooters and violent activists I tend to agree. But most are prohibited people breaking bigger laws than gun control. And the ones who haven't broken any laws yet, well they don't seem to be violent offenders and being criminally stupid isn't yet a felony.

If a guy is in the KKK or BLM and he is NOT a prohibited person, he is still a US citizen entitled to ALL of his rights no matter how idiotic his political world view is. We don't have "pre crime" yet and we don't want it.

What it comes down to is this.

We need to control violent / dangerous criminals, not Glocks.
We need to control violent / dangerous criminals, not grenades.
We need to control violent / dangerous criminals, not mortars.
We need to control violent / dangerous criminals, field artillery.

If we actually controlled the violent / dangerous criminals in this country, we really could sell MP5s and M4s at the hardware store. But that would require calling bad people bad rather than treating them like some kind of victim of some disease they have no control over.

And if we did away with ALL gun laws, the US wouldn't become Somalia with gang bangers rolling technicals through the south side of Chicago, they would still mostly go for a Glock 19. Technicals would get them pulled over more often than stinking of weed. Also pretty sure most couldn't operate a 240B.

CMP
10-30-22, 10:43
While stating, "It's not loaded, man."Worked part time at a LGS when we lived in KS. I can't tell you how many times I was handed an "unloaded" gun by a customer that had a round in the chamber.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

pinzgauer
10-30-22, 11:15
Reading all this is made me realize that fudd is just an (self perceived) elitist firearm owners equivalent of liberals calling everyone they don't like a Nazi or Fascist.

I've known traditional fudds (hunting firearms only, "no one needs an ar-15") who were extremely meticulous in their firearms handling.

The muzzle sweeping stuff that I see and hear you guys referring to remind me more of the self-important gun counter guy who believes he knows more than anyone else, but doesn't.

But not a fudd, different category.

I was once called a fudd by a Twitter mob when I questioned the durability of 3D printed AR lower receivers. And of course I thought of them as a bunch of larpers.

To me it's just become a meaningless pejorative term.

Same for boomer and millennial.

Now manbun and hipster, those are still valid descriptive terms!

Ron3
10-30-22, 12:20
Also I remember very well when the Ft. Lauderdale Armory was ripped off around the same time. Lots of heavy weapons including grenades and mortars when out the door when the wrong people were guarding it. Lots of it got sold to the wrong crowd / bad people. Also most "bad actors" these days tend to prefer a Glock 19, they really aren't looking for a Uzi or an AK. They want something they can easily get, easily get rid of and easily replace.

So when you talk of gang bangers, school shooters and violent activists I tend to agree. But most are prohibited people breaking bigger laws than gun control. And the ones who haven't broken any laws yet, well they don't seem to be violent offenders and being criminally stupid isn't yet a felony.

If a guy is in the KKK or BLM and he is NOT a prohibited person, he is still a US citizen entitled to ALL of his rights no matter how idiotic his political world view is. We don't have "pre crime" yet and we don't want it.

What it comes down to is this.

We need to control violent / dangerous criminals, not Glocks.
We need to control violent / dangerous criminals, not grenades.
We need to control violent / dangerous criminals, not mortars.
We need to control violent / dangerous criminals, field artillery.

If we actually controlled the violent / dangerous criminals in this country, we really could sell MP5s and M4s at the hardware store. But that would require calling bad people bad rather than treating them like some kind of victim of some disease they have no control over.

And if we did away with ALL gun laws, the US wouldn't become Somalia with gang bangers rolling technicals through the south side of Chicago, they would still mostly go for a Glock 19. Technicals would get them pulled over more often than stinking of weed. Also pretty sure most couldn't operate a 240B.

I see. Makes sense.

Even machine gun control is going after the symptom, not the problem. Though I have zero faith the government will really go after the problem.

So why should my choices be limited when they aren't going to solve the real problems anyway?

If a Florida LE dept decides to not do anything about armed commies in the streets, or we get a POS governor who won't stop it, why shouldn't I at least be able to legally have a long gun in my car ready to go?

Shouldn't fight the last battle but be prepared for any battle.

SteyrAUG
10-30-22, 22:21
Reading all this is made me realize that fudd is just an (self perceived) elitist firearm owners equivalent of liberals calling everyone they don't like a Nazi or Fascist.

I've known traditional fudds (hunting firearms only, "no one needs an ar-15") who were extremely meticulous in their firearms handling.

The muzzle sweeping stuff that I see and hear you guys referring to remind me more of the self-important gun counter guy who believes he knows more than anyone else, but doesn't.

But not a fudd, different category.

I was once called a fudd by a Twitter mob when I questioned the durability of 3D printed AR lower receivers. And of course I thought of them as a bunch of larpers.

To me it's just become a meaningless pejorative term.

Same for boomer and millennial.

Now manbun and hipster, those are still valid descriptive terms!

This is true. I've seen terrible gun handling from CCW people, LE guys and even military.

SteyrAUG
10-30-22, 22:24
So why should my choices be limited when they aren't going to solve the real problems anyway?

They shouldn't be. Given the extreme stupidity you are forced to deal with, if anyone should be able to buy a cash and carry select fire M4 for the same price of a 6920 it's people who have to live in the cities of this country which are populated by the violent criminals that the government ignores. But it's easier to make the guy who protects himself from the mobs of rioters the bad guy than it is go after the mob of rioters.

Aries144
10-31-22, 02:12
One of the biggest problems we have with armed citizens today is they are so used to being disarmed they cannot comprehend the level of responsibility to own something like a flame thrower, a field cannon or a mortar.

Very well said.

HKGuns
10-31-22, 09:07

Concur 100% on all counts.

sandsunsurf
11-03-22, 00:20
Circling back to humor…

I know a Fudd when I see:

- The guy that has to turn on his RDS when he gets to the range to practice with his carry gun.

- Anyone using an Uncle Mike’s nylon trail holster as their open carry holster.

- A left-handed IWB holster clipped on the right side of a person’s sweat pants as an OWB holster.

- (slightly brutal) anyone who’s afraid of carrying one in the chamber… [emoji15] unless they’re IDF, so no offense to members here..

utahjeepr
11-03-22, 11:27
I guess I see Fudds as the Amish or Mennonites of the gun world. They kinda pick a level of technology that is acceptable to them and anything beyond that is "the work of the devil".

I'm all good with them choosing for themselves. If they want to limit my choices? Yeah, no.

Pretty much the same attitude I have towards actual religion.

robbins290
11-03-22, 12:34

Yes, if that means I can also go buy them.

Ron3
11-03-22, 19:14
Yes, if that means I can also go buy them.

It's a moot point because it's not going to happen.

But to fantasize about it, you and I would enjoy those toys with wide smiles at leisure.

The other people I mentioned would use them to kill, destroy, and gain more power over you.

11-03-22, 19:20

But to fantasize about it, you and I would enjoy those toys with wide smiles at leisure.

The other people I mentioned would use them to kill, destroy, and gain more power over you.

But unless and until they actually do something to makes them prohibited they are you and I

Freedom

jsbhike
11-03-22, 19:45

Bad people have access to/control over all of that and more now.

jsbhike
11-03-22, 19:50
I guess I see Fudds as the Amish or Mennonites of the gun world. They kinda pick a level of technology that is acceptable to them and anything beyond that is "the work of the devil".

I'm all good with them choosing for themselves. If they want to limit my choices? Yeah, no.

Pretty much the same attitude I have towards actual religion.

Good assessment.

Inkslinger
11-03-22, 20:02
My first introduction to a Fudd in person was at my local gun club. Shocker, I know.

I was running some drills on the steel targets with my SBR. I had my belt on with pistol, mags, ifak, dump pouch, ya da ya da. He comes over to me to talk. “Hey, you can’t have full auto’s here” he says. “It’s not full auto” I said. “Well, you can’t have anything on your trigger to make it shoot faster” he says. “It’s a standard milspec trigger” was my response. He then asks if I was a cop. I say no. He then asks me why I need all this? I just asked him why he didn’t think he needed the same gear? He just turned and walked away.

Ron3
11-03-22, 20:59
Had a similar occurrence with a VZ61 semi and range officer who advised "no full-auto". I told him it was semi-auto and he was welcome to fire it.

He declined and said, "well I've never heard a semi-auto fire that fast." As in he didn't believe me.

I'm thinking, "really? A range officer who has never heard .15s splits?!"

Ron3
11-03-22, 20:59
Bad people have access to/control over all of that and more now.

True.

SteyrAUG
11-03-22, 21:58

Those other people don't seem to have any trouble getting the weapons they need to kill people. Once again, anyone willing to engage in mass murder is NOT going to be hindered by weapon statutes.

They will fabricate means of mass murder, you mentioned ANFO earlier, but the reason that was used in the OKC bombing is because it was EASY.

They will illegally obtain weapons you and I cannot access. When you are the guy who is importing 50 kilos of coke, getting Uzis isn't a challenge.

They will also illegally modify weapons, everything used in the North Hollywood shootout was a home workshop conversion of a semi auto. Again the people who are willing to shoot it up with the cops thinking NOTHING of drilling that third hole in a receiver.

And before you claim that gunsmithing knowledge would be required, let's not forget that a shoestring conversion was demonstrated to ATF when they were talking about closing the MG registry.

Right now I can go into your kitchen and find everything I need to manufacture a molotov cocktail. That item is specifically listed in ATF definitions as a regulate NFA item which technically puts every home in America in the category of constructive possession.

Also incredibly simple to manufacture kitchen ingredients napalm, I mean it doesn't even require a high school understanding of chemistry. If you know what an emulsifier is...you are all set. 5 gallon plastic can of that with a time fuse every kid I ever went to high school with knew how to make and well, wouldn't be hard to stage 10 of them for catastrophic consequences.

GPMGs are just another MG on the registry, you do know that right? Here's video of one of my friends running the HK 21 I used to own and it wasn't a post sample, it was transferable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae5GBsTBUVM

The only real difference between the people on your list and us, is we are the only ones following the rules...which make the rules pretty pointless.

Again we need to control violent and dangerous criminals...not "things." They always seem to manage to get things. Look at what the 9-11 hijackers pulled off with box cutters and fake explosives. Wouldn't it have been nice if there was a means for people to fly "armed"? Instead TSA tried to further disarm us and for a time was even preventing people from flying with nail clippers.

Ron3
11-04-22, 09:06
Those other people don't seem to have any trouble getting the weapons they need to kill people. Once again, anyone willing to engage in mass murder is NOT going to be hindered by weapon statutes.

They will fabricate means of mass murder, you mentioned ANFO earlier, but the reason that was used in the OKC bombing is because it was EASY.

They will illegally obtain weapons you and I cannot access. When you are the guy who is importing 50 kilos of coke, getting Uzis isn't a challenge.

They will also illegally modify weapons, everything used in the North Hollywood shootout was a home workshop conversion of a semi auto. Again the people who are willing to shoot it up with the cops thinking NOTHING of drilling that third hole in a receiver.

And before you claim that gunsmithing knowledge would be required, let's not forget that a shoestring conversion was demonstrated to ATF when they were talking about closing the MG registry.

Right now I can go into your kitchen and find everything I need to manufacture a molotov cocktail. That item is specifically listed in ATF definitions as a regulate NFA item which technically puts every home in America in the category of constructive possession.

Also incredibly simple to manufacture kitchen ingredients napalm, I mean it doesn't even require a high school understanding of chemistry. If you know what an emulsifier is...you are all set. 5 gallon plastic can of that with a time fuse every kid I ever went to high school with knew how to make and well, wouldn't be hard to stage 10 of them for catastrophic consequences.

GPMGs are just another MG on the registry, you do know that right? Here's video of one of my friends running the HK 21 I used to own and it wasn't a post sample, it was transferable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae5GBsTBUVM

The only real difference between the people on your list and us, is we are the only ones following the rules...which make the rules pretty pointless.

Again we need to control violent and dangerous criminals...not "things." They always seem to manage to get things. Look at what the 9-11 hijackers pulled off with box cutters and fake explosives. Wouldn't it have been nice if there was a means for people to fly "armed"? Instead TSA tried to further disarm us and for a time was even preventing people from flying with nail clippers.

You make some excellent points.

Miami_JBT
11-04-22, 10:45

This you Ron3?

https://youtu.be/mb3m12B4rDg

SteyrAUG
11-04-22, 18:18
Had a similar occurrence with a VZ61 semi and range officer who advised "no full-auto". I told him it was semi-auto and he was welcome to fire it.

He declined and said, "well I've never heard a semi-auto fire that fast." As in he didn't believe me.

I'm thinking, "really? A range officer who has never heard .15s splits?!"

I always love when Jerry shows up to the range with his select fire revolver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzHG-ibZaKM

The reload is what always floors me.

WillBrink
11-04-22, 23:49

Anything Jerry does floors me. He's hit a 1000 y target with a revolver, etc, etc. Perhaps the best all around shooter who ever lived. Also a hell of a nice guy. Met him at S&W when I was an adjunct trainer for a minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3XwizTqDw

SteyrAUG
11-05-22, 01:38
Anything Jerry does floors me. He's hit a 1000 y target with a revolver, etc, etc. Perhaps the best all around shooter who ever lived. Also a hell of a nice guy. Met him at S&W when I was an adjunct trainer for a minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3XwizTqDw

Yeah, I thought it was amazing back in the day when Bob Munden nailed a balloon with a .38 snubbie at 200 yards (still nothing to sneeze at).

But Jerry really is a machine. More than once back in the day, when he used to shoot IPSC, he'd show up at a match and people who intended to compete would just shake their head, shoot for practice and then go watch Jerry shoot.

Miami_JBT
11-05-22, 09:48
Yeah, I thought it was amazing back in the day when Bob Munden nailed a balloon with a .38 snubbie at 200 yards (still nothing to sneeze at).

But Jerry really is a machine. More than once back in the day, when he used to shoot IPSC, he'd show up at a match and people who intended to compete would just shake their head, shoot for practice and then go watch Jerry shoot.

I truly believe he is a Cyberdyne Model T-800 sent back by Skynet that said "screw this, I'm not going to kill some person. I'm going to eat gumbo and win every shooting match in the world."

Ron3
11-06-22, 16:55
This you Ron3?

https://youtu.be/mb3m12B4rDg

No.

I'm not siding with some GOPE asshat Jersey immigrant.

I was already a paying member of Florida Carry and GOA and will now vocally support "constitutional carry".

czgunner
11-06-22, 19:33
My first introduction to a Fudd in person was at my local gun club. Shocker, I know.

I was running some drills on the steel targets with my SBR. I had my belt on with pistol, mags, ifak, dump pouch, ya da ya da. He comes over to me to talk. “Hey, you can’t have full auto’s here” he says. “It’s not full auto” I said. “Well, you can’t have anything on your trigger to make it shoot faster” he says. “It’s a standard milspec trigger” was my response. He then asks if I was a cop. I say no. He then asks me why I need all this? I just asked him why he didn’t think he needed the same gear? He just turned and walked away.So stupid.
Back in WA I would be told that my SBR and suppressors aren't legal. Its amazing how ignorant "gun" people are.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

AndyLate
11-06-22, 20:29
So stupid.
Back in WA I would be told that my SBR and suppressors aren't legal. Its amazing how ignorant "gun" people are.

I honestly don't get people that feel the need to get in every one else's business. I will ask about an interesting gun at the range if I don't feel I am interrupting someone's shooting. I don't worry much about what anyone else is doing unless they are creating a patently unsafe situation. I mean if some guy wants to shoot an SBR or pistol with fingers dangerously close to the muzzle, its not my business. I normally have and will offer foam earplugs, and am happy to spot someone a couple of targets, but if we all just respect each other's space, its a better world.

Andy

SteyrAUG
11-06-22, 23:30
I honestly don't get people that feel the need to get in every one else's business. I will ask about an interesting gun at the range if I don't feel I am interrupting someone's shooting. I don't worry much about what anyone else is doing unless they are creating a patently unsafe situation. I mean if some guy wants to shoot an SBR or pistol with fingers dangerously close to the muzzle, its not my business. I normally have and will offer foam earplugs, and am happy to spot someone a couple of targets, but if we all just respect each other's space, its a better world.

Andy

I have actually seen busy bodies, not range employees, at the range quiz people they don't know to make sure the gun they are shooting were 922r compliant. Hall monitors of the worst kind. In addition to the frighteningly bad gun handling on public ranges, I get tired of other shooters inquiring about the legal status of my MP5s and whatnot. I started defaulting to "I'm not allowed to discuss them with ordinary citizens" which seemed to get them to FO with the best result.

They are the ones that drive me craziest the most, give me trap shooters all day long...the compliance police will be the death of us.

kirkland
11-07-22, 00:43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzHG-ibZaKM

Yep, that has always been one of my favorite clips. I remember watching it on cable TV back in the day and look it up on YouTube every once in a while just to see it again. Would love to have one of those pre-lock 8 shot 627s too.

ubet
11-09-22, 18:08
At some point, the 1911 became a "Fudd" gun. That's insane.

The 1911 is the best sidearm ever made. Still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

czgunner
11-09-22, 18:21

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThis should be good. Where's my popcorn....

hotbiggun42
11-09-22, 19:51

I like XDs

AKDoug
11-09-22, 20:54
This should be good. Where's my popcorn....

Haha.. no kidding. At least when I grab a Glock 19 it's a damn Glock and will most likely work. There are so many shit 1911's out there that it's a crap shoot.

pag23
11-09-22, 21:08
Haha.. no kidding. At least when I grab a Glock 19 it's a damn Glock and will most likely work. There are so many shit 1911's out there that it's a crap shoot.

MR920......:cool:

ViniVidivici
11-09-22, 22:19
I like turtles....

SteyrAUG
11-09-22, 23:58

But how many Glock clones are also a POS? 1911 is a model, not a brand. All my Colts work, never experienced a single failure. Of course most of them are stock Series 70s and I haven't replaced most of the internals with "improved" parts. I have a Para 13 that has been running for 20 years with serious neglect. Just because X brand 1911s selling for $450 are junk doesn't mean 1911s are junk.

Budget guns and super customs are the ones I usually see fail.

Straight Shooter
11-10-22, 04:09
But how many Glock clones are also a POS? 1911 is a model, not a brand. All my Colts work, never experienced a single failure. Of course most of them are stock Series 70s and I haven't replaced most of the internals with "improved" parts. I have a Para 13 that has been running for 20 years with serious neglect. Just because X brand 1911s selling for $450 are junk doesn't mean 1911s are junk.

Budget guns and super customs are the ones I usually see fail.

HELL YES. You are 100% correct on that Steyr. Dudes come out with good working guns, start adding shit they know nothing about before even firing the first shot, & the shit dont work. My first Series 70 I got in 1980. Untold amounts of ammo through that gun. Was 100% reliable and extremely accurate.
{As an aside, and Id like your opinion on this..the Accurizer bushings that came in those guns to me were awesome & contributed greatly to their accuracy even after a lot of rounds. Never had one break, but Ive "read" they were known to. I always felt that instead of having barrels "fitted"..using an Accurizer bushing would greatly help. You, or anyone else here..ever try that for a cure?}
To me, Glock clones are a no go. Im a solid Glock fan. but also M&P and a couple more. I only add sights { Ameriglo CAP's} Vickers Extended Slide release, butt plug & a different disconnector, nothing else. All that other aftermarket mess aint for me.

AndyLate
11-10-22, 07:15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Undeniably the most successful pistol of its era.

Andy

soulezoo
11-10-22, 14:26
I was just about to post the same. Dammit!
About turtles that is....
The quote didn't stick.

Hank6046
11-10-22, 16:20
I like turtles....
Don't tell anyone, but I find Michaelangelo annoying, Rafael is the underrated one

SteyrAUG
11-10-22, 17:55
HELL YES. You are 100% correct on that Steyr. Dudes come out with good working guns, start adding shit they know nothing about before even firing the first shot, & the shit dont work. My first Series 70 I got in 1980. Untold amounts of ammo through that gun. Was 100% reliable and extremely accurate.
{As an aside, and Id like your opinion on this..the Accurizer bushings that came in those guns to me were awesome & contributed greatly to their accuracy even after a lot of rounds. Never had one break, but Ive "read" they were known to. I always felt that instead of having barrels "fitted"..using an Accurizer bushing would greatly help. You, or anyone else here..ever try that for a cure?}
To me, Glock clones are a no go. Im a solid Glock fan. but also M&P and a couple more. I only add sights { Ameriglo CAP's} Vickers Extended Slide release, butt plug & a different disconnector, nothing else. All that other aftermarket mess aint for me.

Only thing I upgrade on Glocks are standard sights to NS, but I usually try and buy a NS model. I want a 34 simply because I've shot them and they are nice, but I can do most things with a stock 19 or 17 or a Series 70 1911 or a USP or most of the handguns in my safe. I shoot my P226 slightly better and most consistently than the rest (but that is probably because I've been shooting 226s since 1985) so that is my usual EDC.

georgeib
12-15-22, 19:13
https://i.redd.it/y5xztqsrq66a1.jpg

hotbiggun42
12-15-22, 19:28
You know your a fudd if you believe open carry hurts the cause

czgunner
12-15-22, 19:50
You know your a fudd if you believe open carry hurts the causeThat's funny, the people I know who open carry are fudds. All 1911's.

BoringGuy45
12-15-22, 20:01
You know your a fudd if you believe open carry hurts the cause

Depends on how and when. Any time gun owners go out and act obnoxious, abrasive, disrespectful, and intentional disturb the peace, it hurts the cause. Open carry doesn't do that in and of itself, though. But the guys who bait cops with open carry don't make gun owners look good.

SteyrAUG
12-15-22, 20:22
https://i.redd.it/y5xztqsrq66a1.jpg

That was kind of awesome. But appendix carry does sorta violate Rule 2.

jsbhike
12-15-22, 20:44
Depends on how and when. Any time gun owners go out and act obnoxious, abrasive, disrespectful, and intentional disturb the peace, it hurts the cause. Open carry doesn't do that in and of itself, though. But the guys who bait cops with open carry don't make gun owners look good.

How is engaging in a lawful activity "baiting" cops?

hotbiggun42
12-15-22, 23:57

Its fudd logic.

Hush
12-16-22, 07:11
Nobody wants to see your XD wearing an Uncle Mike's at Walmart. And if you carry a rifle to go fishing, you're a dick who's looking for attention. Open carry is the equivalent of wearing assless chaps at the pride parade looking for attention, you're rubbing your lifestyle in other people's faces solely for your own personal thrills. Not everyone likes guns, and that's okay you do you. There are better ways to educate the public. We really don't need to keep having this debate, open carry as an appropriate time and place that has nothing to do with laws or regulations and everything to do with the situation around you. It's not a deterrent, it's not a conversation starter, it's not a fashion statement.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Hush
12-16-22, 07:14
I'll go one farther with you the analoguy, the open carry for attention crowd is like the trans fringe of the gay community. Even the regular gays cringe at some of their antics, just like regular gun owners cringe at the dick head who brings his AK pistol to Walmart to try and normalize open carry.

BoringGuy45
12-16-22, 08:00

There's a difference between open carrying for self-protection or making a respectful demonstration, and pacing back and forth along the road or in a parking lot carrying a gun with the goal of trying to get someone to call the police, then pretending to be surprised and outraged when the cops come and ask what you're doing. It might be legal to do it, but it doesn't look good for gun rights. If one is going to do an open carry demonstration, which I'm all for, it should be done to educate, not agitate the public.

georgeib
12-16-22, 10:00
There's a difference between open carrying for self-protection or making a respectful demonstration, and pacing back and forth along the road or in a parking lot carrying a gun with the goal of trying to get someone to call the police, then pretending to be surprised and outraged when the cops come and ask what you're doing. It might be legal to do it, but it doesn't look good for gun rights. If one is going to do an open carry demonstration, which I'm all for, it should be done to educate, not agitate the public.

This.

hotbiggun42
12-16-22, 10:27

Owning AR15s agitates the public. Sorry but if you think the 2nd A is about hunting then your a FUDD.

hotbiggun42
12-16-22, 10:30
Nobody wants to see your XD wearing an Uncle Mike's at Walmart. And if you carry a rifle to go fishing, you're a dick who's looking for attention. Open carry is the equivalent of wearing assless chaps at the pride parade looking for attention, you're rubbing your lifestyle in other people's faces solely for your own personal thrills. Not everyone likes guns, and that's okay you do you. There are better ways to educate the public. We really don't need to keep having this debate, open carry as an appropriate time and place that has nothing to do with laws or regulations and everything to do with the situation around you. It's not a deterrent, it's not a conversation starter, it's not a fashion statement.

Thats some big city thinking here. I have a rifle when i fish it may be a 22 but still a rifle.

jsbhike
12-16-22, 11:07
I'll go one farther with you the analoguy, the open carry for attention crowd is like the trans fringe of the gay community. Even the regular gays cringe at some of their antics, just like regular gun owners cringe at the dick head who brings his AK pistol to Walmart to try and normalize open carry.

Last time I checked those tactics have been wildly successful.

Hush
12-16-22, 11:27
Owning AR15s agitates the public. Sorry but if you think the 2nd A is about hunting then your a FUDD.That was not the argument, get out of the basement and join reality here with the rest of the conversation.

Hush
12-16-22, 11:33
Last time I checked those tactics have been wildly successful.Check again, and please provide examples.

jsbhike
12-16-22, 11:48
Check again, and please provide examples.

How many drag queen story hour articles and videos would you like to review?

Hank6046
12-16-22, 11:49
Owning AR15s agitates the public.

Some of them, but not all. Most of the people I live around own at least 1 AR in my neighborhood, and I would venture to guess that we have more Semi-Auto "Sporting" rifles than homes in my subdivision, I know quite a lot of houses when I live in St Paul that had ARs for home protection in my blue collar (now borderline ghetto) neighborhood there. The issue is the liberals (mainly affluent) who don't understand and are unwilling to understand that their neighbors have such weapons, and live normal peaceful lives.

jsbhike
12-16-22, 11:55
Some of them, but not all. Most of the people I live around own at least 1 AR in my neighborhood, and I would venture to guess that we have more Semi-Auto "Sporting" rifles than homes in my subdivision, I know quite a lot of houses when I live in St Paul that had ARs for home protection in my blue collar (now borderline ghetto) neighborhood there. The issue is the liberals (mainly affluent) who don't understand and are unwilling to understand that their neighbors have such weapons, and live normal peaceful lives.

That segment of the public doesn't like open carry, concealed carry, possessing at a range, on private property or anywhere else which goes hand in hand with a fair percentage of that segment of the public wanting anyone with thoughts or beliefs not exactly like theirs to be removed from society.

Hush
12-16-22, 13:06
That segment of the public doesn't like open carry, concealed carry, possessing at a range, on private property or anywhere else which goes hand in hand with a fair percentage of that segment of the public wanting anyone with thoughts or beliefs not exactly like theirs to be removed from society.There's gun owners who feel that way about ar-15s, there are HOA members who feel that way about flagpoles, there are still people who feel that way about skin color. Some people you just can't get along with and you learn to avoid them because rubbing it in their face just leads to unnecessary conflict. Nobody's going to bother you for your AR-15 at home, at the range, or in your hands during a time of crisis or conflict. Bring it to Walmart or the beach for an uninvited game of show and tell, yeah you will rightfully run into some problems.

jsbhike
12-16-22, 17:31
Nobody's going to bother you for your AR-15 at home, at the range, or in your hands during a time of crisis or conflict.

Unfortunately several agencies demonstrated just how false of a notion you are claiming by their actions during Hurricane Katrina.

BoringGuy45
12-16-22, 18:02
Owning AR15s agitates the public. Sorry but if you think the 2nd A is about hunting then your a FUDD.

You read my post and you got THAT??? Wow, that is a straw man argument if I ever saw one :rolleyes:

Coal Dragger
12-16-22, 22:25
He’s a moron, threads like this are good ways to get the dumb dumbs to PID themselves.

T2C
02-12-23, 14:35
A Fudd is an unsafe handler of firearms, no matter what kind of weapon they prefer.

titsonritz
02-21-23, 20:41
Probably not needed for most here, but I ran across this article and it made my think of this thread...

Don’t Become a Fudd: A How-To Guide (https://www.recoilweb.com/dont-become-a-fudd-a-how-to-guide-175706.html)

Hush
02-22-23, 10:34
A fudd thinks not buying a $100 Chinese red dot will single handedly defeat the evil red menace, and women will swoon. Or at the very least, severely limit the capabilities of the next balloon they send over.

Hank6046
02-22-23, 11:10
Probably not needed for most here, but I ran across this article and it made my think of this thread...

Don’t Become a Fudd: A How-To Guide (https://www.recoilweb.com/dont-become-a-fudd-a-how-to-guide-175706.html)

Gawd Damnit, they already got a picture of my shooting hat right off the bat.;)

LoboTBL
02-22-23, 14:44
To put it succinctly, Wayne LaPierre is a Fudd. Strive to not be like that.