PDA

View Full Version : Zoo Atlanta drops gun ban

WillBrink
10-29-22, 10:37
Usual knee jerk fear of guns, makes for poor policies:

"Zoo Atlanta has dropped its new weapons ban following a challenge by a gun rights activist.

The ban was repealed on Oct. 28, the day after SaportaReport confirmed the zoo’s operating agreement appears to legally prevent it from banning guns under Supreme Court of Georgia precedent. But there may still be legal questions.

The zoo’s gun policy has reverted to the one that existed before Sept. 1, which allows weapons “permitted by law.” That policy was created when Georgia required permits to carry a gun, which is no longer necessary after a state law change earlier this year. But the zoo says it still will allow only weapons with a “legal permit.” The zoo also implied it had considered challenging state law but instead is urging government officials to rethink gun policy."

https://saportareport.com/zoo-atlanta-drops-gun-ban-after-legal-questions/sections/reports/johnruch/

georgeib
10-29-22, 12:12
Well, it's nice to see more and more counter-Constitutional infringements on the natural right of self-defense falling by the wayside. However, I have carried concealed everywhere I went for 30 years, with the exception of areas where I knew I would be checked. That "policy" only stopped people who were too scared to disobey it anyway. Policies don't apply to scofflaws and criminals.

prepare
10-29-22, 14:38
^ Like

WillBrink
10-29-22, 15:02
Well, it's nice to see more and more counter-Constitutional infringements on the natural right of self-defense falling by the wayside. However, I have carried concealed everywhere I went for 30 years, with the exception of areas where I knew I would be checked. That "policy" only stopped people who were too scared to disobey it anyway. Policies don't apply to scofflaws and criminals.

The old "don't ask don't tell" approach.

prepare
10-29-22, 16:42
The old "don't ask don't tell" approach.

Its just plain common sense.

Miami_JBT
10-29-22, 18:08
If only the DeSantis Campaign thought that way.

GTF425
10-29-22, 18:29
As if Zoo Atlanta was ever a gun free zone.

1_click_off
10-29-22, 18:33
Why would anyone even want to go into a zoo without being armed. Cats can and do get out, chimps are the thing that spooks me the most. I sure know I don’t want my fingers, face, and other important equipment bit off. I never go to a zoo unarmed.

pinzgauer
10-29-22, 19:19
Why would anyone even want to go into a zoo without being armed. Cats can and do get out, chimps are the thing that spooks me the most. I sure know I don’t want my fingers, face, and other important equipment bit off. I never go to a zoo unarmed.If you knew where Zoo Atlanta was like GTF does then you would understand his comment and the irony.
As if Zoo Atlanta was ever a gun free zone.

prepare
10-30-22, 02:07
If you knew where Zoo Atlanta was like GTF does then you would understand his comment and the irony.

Atlanta is a zoo.

mark5pt56
10-30-22, 06:14
Beat me to it, should be the obvious

Atlanta is a zoo.

georgeib
10-30-22, 07:17
Atlanta is a zoo.

Beat me to it, should be the obvious

Been here since the mid '80s, and though Atlanta has never been great, it really took a turn after Katrina. And another during Obama/Soetoro, and yet another during the "summer of peaceful protests." Fast turning into another shithole city.