PDA

View Full Version : Picked up another Glock 30S...best sight options?

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-29-22, 19:23
Picked up another Glock 30S...best sight options? Has anyone put some sights on one of these lately. I recall some sights didn't work. I was thinking about picking up Some HD style/Ameriglo/XS. Anyone with recent experience?

voiceofreason
10-31-22, 21:00
Trijicon HD are sharp as hell and hurt when you carry if it pokes you. Sold a gun that had them installed and was happier in life.

Ameriglo Agents are nice overall, just wish the front was a bit thinner. Per an article, I purchased the narrower front but wish it came with narrow fronts to start.

I'm not a fan of the BIG front sights. I like being able to shoot at distance easier.

My experience is with G17, G19, and other calibers in that size.

titsonritz
10-31-22, 21:59
Trijicon HD are sharp as hell and hurt when you carry if it pokes you

You'd think they would have fixed that by now, I replaced my HDs because of their little hacksaws on the sides. I really like my Vickers Elite Battlesights, not sure if they work on the G30S but can't see why the wouldn't, the rear uses set screws and should work. I use Ameriglos on my optics gun.

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-31-22, 22:44
I know the 30s has clearance issues with some front sights.

RWH24
11-18-22, 03:43
Have you looked at the Ameriglo Trooper? Never had a set on a Wide Slide pistol.

1_click_off
11-18-22, 08:36
You'd think they would have fixed that by now, I replaced my HDs because of their little hacksaws on the sides.

I take a small fine tooth file and round them over. Then use some cold blue to dress them back up.

The Dumb Gun Collector
11-19-22, 21:24
I picked up the XS sights. Very nice and they are compatible with the weird 30s slide.